[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
#BoycottStarWarsVII
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: 1418300113606.jpg (273 KB, 873x1214) Image search: [Google]
1418300113606.jpg
273 KB, 873x1214
Fanboys on suicide watch as climatic battle features sluggish retards flailing lightsabers:
http://pastebin.com/Bh2WVF59
>>
>>63781740

>Kylo injured and both Finn and Rey are amateurs
>expecting some kind of Yuen Wo Ping choreography

both sides are pretty dumb, I liked it because people were actively trying to hit each other, not win the cheerleading finals
>>
Will the Lightsaber battles get more exciting as Rey and Ren get better trained, or are we going to be stuck with OT slow battles for the whole trilogy.
>>
>>63781740
>#BoycottStarWarsVII
I'm sure Disney will get mad over losing $10
>>
>>63781930
Anakin was considered too old for Jedi training at the age of 9. It seems the fate of the galaxy lies in the hands of posers.
>>
>>63781962
kek
>>
>>
pretty meh still even after seeing in a theatre
>>
File: 1450446791200.jpg (13 KB, 240x150) Image search: [Google]
1450446791200.jpg
13 KB, 240x150
>it's not choreographed shit like Prequels and feels like they are actually fighting.

and this is bad how?
>>
>>63781962
>implying OP was going to pay a ticket in the first place
>>
>>63784688
The duels in The Phantom Menace were good (not a fan of the excessive use of cgi in the other two). Go suck RLM's dick somewhere else faggot.
>>
Well, if you guys really want to boycott The Force Awakens, I'm going to be a bro and help you out, by leaving you a superior re-imagining of A New Hope you can watch instead.
(Probably better if you watch its prequels first)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu9dUG3_KNA
>>
>>63784808
>The duels in The Phantom Menace were good

Because you saw them when you were 5
>>
>>63784808
They were not good.
They were well choreographed, but they were not good fights.
They were good dances. It was a lightsaber dance they had, not a fight.
Why it was bad is because at the point in the movie they were supposed to be fighting, and indeed, qui-gon ends up having an accident. Lightsaber dancing is dangerous.
>>
I liked the lightsaber fight in this film more than any of the prequels.

It wasn't too long, it wasn't sword ballet, it was strong, well choreographed and looked like a good old fashioned knock down drag out dueal.

Not flailing lightsabers and wushu dancing.
>>
File: plus one.png (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
plus one.png
18 KB, 400x400
>>63782866
That was just because Yoda was being a faggot.
>>
>>63781740
I think the fight coreography is actually one of the stronger points of this movie, it reminds me a lot of ROTJ. The fight was dragged out a bit at the end once she nailed Darth Edgeius. Should have had him take a knee and had them do a little dialogue before the planet broke.

But of course JJ knows Daisy is awful and the less she speaks the better she comes across as a character.
>>
>>63784855
No. They're what people think when they hear lightsaber duels. Not the shit in the original trilogy, and not the retarded mess for toddlers that were ep.3 and the cartoons.
>>63784900
Have you ever watched any Asian martial arts? Totally choreographed bro, it's almost like they've practiced the same moves thousands of times.
>>
I fucking new it was some Russian autist posting pasta on /tv/ all day.
>>
>>63781740
>amateurs fighting amateurs

What did you expect?
>>
>>63785006
>Not the shit in the original trilogy,

Really m8? Cause I always think of the duel in Empire and the final one in Return of the Jedi.
>>
>>63784688
>>63781740
>ligthsabers having momentu
is jj retard? The blade is from plasma not steel.
>>
>>63781740
I thought it was well done.

Kylo's fucked up, Fynn has no idea how to fight with a sword, and Rey probably never had to use her staff weapon in an actual fight before, and staves are different than swords, so of course she'd suck.

What I didn't get though is why Kylo kept hitting himself like a retard. Even in theatres I was confused as to what he was doing. Was he trying to keep himself awake and alert through pain even though he was losing a lot of blood? Was he trying to use Pain to tap in to the dark side?
>>
>>63785076
ROTJ was great. I loved how Vader is always barely trying as he fights Luke. While Luke is going all out by contrast his father looks like he is toying with him.

It isn't until Luke gives in to his emotions is he able to overpower Vader. That focus it brings does a lot to the storytelling of the films.
>>
>>63785006
You think they actually DO that shit in an actual fight? are you that massively retarded?

All that fancy pansy stuff are for katas and show off dances.

In an ACTUAL battle and not a circus show, it's all stand-off'ish, punctuated by quick strikes to vitals without the hilarious theatrical flair.
>>
>>63781740
The only coherent moment was when Kylo wasn't able to stop the blaster shot because Chewbacca had the high ground
Otherwise it was really shit
>>
>>63784688
>muh actual fights
I'm convinced that you've never seen a real swordfight, not even on youtube.

Whoever says that any fight in any Star Wars movie is "realistic" (lightsabers excluded) is a fucking retard.

The prequel fights were at least pretty.
>>
If lightsaber battles were realistic, it'd be more like fencing
>>
Kylo Ren was injured. He only just before took a blaster hit to the side and is seen banging himself on the wound to try and fight through the pain. He easily defeats Fin, and struggles against Rey because he isn't trying to kill her. He knows she's a Jedi and is trying to weaken her enough to control her so that he can take her as his student. He got sloppy, and was injured. That's the only reason that she lived, because he wasn't trying to kill her. He just let it go too far and got injured because of it
>>
fucking good, christ

without the sci fi veneer, "lightsaber duels" by themselves are just regular duels.

If qui gonn and maul fought with regular ass swords you'd probably walk out of the fucking theatre, even "muh rlm" contrarians know this
>>
>>63785315

Good job not reading his post

>the fights were pretty

you're a retard
>>
>>63785102
He has actual autism. Ever seen a pissed off autistic kid throw a tantrum?

Thanks JJ for having neurodiversity in TFA too!
>>
>>63785102
See
>>63785352

He was trying to keep awake from the pain, as it shows that he's losing a decent amount of blood. Plus it probably keeps his rage up, as the movie shows that he struggle to maintain his conviction to the Dark side, and he only keeps strong with his rage.
>>
>>63781740
Are people really mad about the lightsaber duals? That was one of my favorite parts. I always preferred the duals from the original trilogy and these felt like that.

I hate the super choreographed flipping and spinning from the prequels and anyone that misses them is a fucking millennium baby.
>>
>>63785476
>not liking banal flashy zippetyzoops
FUCKING RLMBABY I BET YOU THINK YOU'RE SOOOOOOO PATRICIAN

fuck off back to RLM

only REAL star wars fans appreciate jar jar tongue candy
>>
>>63781740
The movie gave me that GoTG vibe and that other Disney movie in Mars vibe.
>>
>>63785246
>without the hilarious theatrical flair.

Well it's a good thing we're watching a FUCKING MOVIE THAT PLAYS IN A FUCKING MOVIE THEATER YOU FUCKING MORON!
>>
I cant' stand that Ren and Rey are so similar of names
>>
the fight in TFA was better than literally everything in the prequels and would probably be better than the one in Jedi if it wasn't the climax of all three fucking movies
>>
And people say this is a ripoff of a new hope.
Luke had no fucking chance against vader all the way through the first two movies and he was just playing with him.
Meanwhile katniss here fucks over the thread easily in the first fucking movie.
>>
>>63781740
>that video
i love how the Russian guy says nigga just as he ignites his lightsabre, Russians are so based
>>
>>63786324
Cause they're bro and sis, mayne
>>
>>63786594
cousins dipshit
>>
>>63786753
That ain't she.
That ain't she!
She ain't no Skywalker nah, nah, nah.
She's a super special snowflake avatar of the force that's why she's s good at it with 0 training, and why Luke looks at her like she's exactly what he's been looking for, despite Leia and Han not having the same reaction.
The title literally means she awakens. Because she is the Force.
>>
>>63786913
you sound autismal
>>
>>63786913
And Boyega gets to fuck the Force?
>>
>>63787893
Actually, it's a repeat in history.
Almost this exact setup happened before, at the first Jedi Temple, which is the reason why Luke is looking for it.
That is how we got The Dark Side.
>>
File: 1434235533860.jpg (437 KB, 1508x1493) Image search: [Google]
1434235533860.jpg
437 KB, 1508x1493
>>63781740
But this is closer to the heavy weighted lightsaber duels from the OT, which are better than all that fucking faggot prancing around and cartwheeling shit in the prequels.

Acquire taste.
>>
>>63784814
WTF?
>>
>>63789967
Look at the guys' channel, and watch Jedi Party, The Friend Zone, and Revenge of Middle Management (they remade the prequels in a completely new tone). Will make more sense after that...

Or fuck, here I just link it all:
Episode I: Jedi Party
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSCm8yAxBr8
Episode II: The Friend Zone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI8aSJBC9u0
Episode III: Revenge of Middle Management
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itkl7cHcX_E
And finally what I already linked,
Episode IV: Laser Moon Awakens
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu9dUG3_KNA

You are welcome in advance.
>>
>>63781740

Kek
>>
>>63787968
Not canon anymore
>>
>>63791252
It was actually a joke. I don't think that the Dark Side becoming a thing because a black dude fucked the Force is in the EU. Although it would be pretty metal if it was.
>>
>>63781740
damn you fuckers weren't lying, the score is boring. just generic sounding trash
>>
.webm that shit.
>>
>A far cry from youtu.be/pSwy412nttI but what did you expect from a rehash of "A New Hope".

get me off this ride, fuck everyone
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.