[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are you all so angry that it's actually good? Did you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: Star_Wars_The_Force_Awakens.jpg (834 KB, 2400x1621) Image search: [Google]
Star_Wars_The_Force_Awakens.jpg
834 KB, 2400x1621
Why are you all so angry that it's actually good? Did you WANT it to be bad? Do you know how pathetic that is?
>>
>>63779076
> Thinks we want Star Wars to suck
I find your lack of faith disturbing. We just fucking hate it when new films do nothing new and when a max edgelord gets to kill off canon characters.
>>
i wanted it to be better than it was but i still enjoyed it. it gets a 7/10 from me, and i hope the next episode is better.
>>
>>63779356
>a character JJ Abrams pulled out of his ass killed Han solo

this semen slurping fan fiction isn't for me
>>
File: 1450403188218 copy.jpg (320 KB, 699x1211) Image search: [Google]
1450403188218 copy.jpg
320 KB, 699x1211
The problem is. It's not a new movie. It's an old movie remade.

I can name the things that are new on my left hand. Menwhile all of this boards hands woudn't be enough to fill out my points of whats SAME.
>>
>>63779403
WHICH means the next episode is going to be Luke (Yoda) teaching Rey (Luke) personal training as she (he) will need to fight Kylo Ren (Darth Vader).

btw: Lando therefore will be back :D
>>
here to begin... The plot was rushed, the characters were unrelatable and bland (another Disney channel original), way too much happened in too little time and yet the movie took too long, the humor was embarrassingly weak, the space and aerial battle scenes didn't elicit any adrenaline or excitement, the cutting edge space scenes were non-existent, the main villain was about as interesting as any other scene punk in high school, the plot relied on a convenient miracle about every 10 minutes, and I could forgive it all if I felt any sympathy for our hero. Yet she never has her family destroyed right in front of her eyes or has her arm chopped off. I never see her in so much pain emotionally or physically that I want her to get back up and fight for her life. so the result is a hero that is tough to give a shit about. She acted well but the movie was cobbled together like a bowl of oatmeal. Bland and mediocre to that last bite.
>>
>>63779484
So Luke the hermit becomes Yoda the hermit.. why didn't I see this trilogy becoming a basic remake of the original.
>>
>>63779507
>the humor was embarrassingly weak, the space and aerial battle scenes didn't elicit any adrenaline or excitement
I entierely disagree with this. The humour was such an enjoyable part of this movie and all the action and battles gave so much adrenaline.

It felt the lightsaber fights were too short though.

Also for a disney movie, we got to see blood smeared on a stormtrooper helmet!
>>
>>63779561
Did you and your daughter have a good time?
>>
>>63779593
>>
File: BANE.png (875 KB, 968x745) Image search: [Google]
BANE.png
875 KB, 968x745
>>63779076
>actually good?
>>
>>63779507
The only major flaw in the film was the recycled plot. Every other point you bring up is just incorrect
>>
>>63779076
>actually good

i bet you have utterly shit taste, Is your favourite food hot pockets by the way?
>>
>>63779403
That image is so wrong. It's clear that you didn't even see the movie and are just shitposting.
>>
>>63779686
The list I made is a condensed version. I'd rather watch an Adam sandler movie
>>
>>63779561
>the humor
You mean when the old canon characters acted like tools?
>>
>>63779076
But I'm not angry it's good, I'm quite happy. Literally my only complaint is Kylo Ren jobbing to Rey in the end and being played by that shitty actor. The rest was fully enjoyable.
>>
>>63779356
>>63779395
You guys know Ford wanted Han to die in RotJ, right?
>>
File: jurassic_park_tard.jpg (40 KB, 300x331) Image search: [Google]
jurassic_park_tard.jpg
40 KB, 300x331
>>63779076
>that it's actually good?
"good" relative to what -- ebola?
>>
>>63779403
Was it confirmed Rey is Kylos cousin?
>>
>>63779714
Great. You're still wrong.
>>
JJ just reused everything that worked from the first six. But he did it really well...
>>
>>63779818
Just because you have shit taste and a low in doesn't mean I'm wrong. Use your words you child
>>
>>63779759
Everyone knows the stories and noone complains that solo died, it's the execution. The only thing i am glad is that he didn't die crashing millenium falcom saying "never tell me the odds" or "the fire rises".
>>
>>63779857
>and a low in
Good job
>>
It's not good. It's generic, meant to sell toys. Just boring.
>>
File: image.gif (949 KB, 301x300) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
949 KB, 301x300
>>63779908
>>
>>63779759
Yes yes I know.. but Lucas wanted to sell more toys and so needed a happier ending for the movie to be a bigger success.

Han was supposed to die in Leia's arms near the beginning of the movie, and therefore it would have been a way darker emotional movie without the cuddly Ewoks or Endor humour.

Could you live with that version?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.