[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How well is the cinematography on this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
How well is the cinematography on this
>>
>>63778282
As good as other JJ Abrams movies as to say pretty above average. At no point is it anywhere near as bad and boring as the prequels.

Probably not going to be even nominated for cinematography
>>
Pretty well done to be honest.

Only gripe I can think of is that there's a rotating camera shot right at the end that's a bit wobbly and doesn't fit all too well.
>>
Pretty good but I think the saber duels could have been shot better.
>>
>>63778282
>cares about the cinematography
is this a new meme?
>>
>>63778282
it is quite well OP, quite well
>>
He kept the wipes, right?
>>
File: lKaicvA.jpg (220 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
lKaicvA.jpg
220 KB, 3000x3000
>>63778419
>>
>>63778438
yes
>>
>>63778419
die.

>>63778282
DESU it would have been nice to even have a chance to appreciate the cinematography, but JJ and his editors have terminal ADHD
>>
>>63778282
it's professional, but not effectively Star-Wars-y. all of the OT and Prequels kept a consistent aesthetic and this film ignores it.
>>
>>63778331
>Probably not going to be even nominated for cinematography
No, but for a scifi-action adventure flick, the Cinematography was outstanding. Namely the shot of the tie fighters against the sunset and the reveal of the crashed star destroyer.
>>
>>63778438
just came back from a midnight showing and i don't remember seeing any wipes
>>
There's actually a really sick shot where Poe Dameron is circling the battlefield while Finn is wrecking folks and praising the air support. It's one continuous shot of the X-Wing fucking shit up in like a 180 degree arc shot from the ground. I liked it.
>>
>>63778485
There were a few. In the last shot he had some cross dissolves which I found very annoying because they don't work so well in 3D.
>>
Very well done. The filmmaking all around was great.

The problem was with the story and the fact that nothing held any weight since we knew exactly what was going to happen.
>>
>>63778494
Except that's something you would find in your average transformers action flick. Since most of the shot is digital anyways, you can't really judge cinematography based on these things anymore. However, the shot composition was very good sometimes. I liked it.
>>
>>63778282
A bit glib and facsimile for my tastes
>>
>>63778528

I guess I don't watch many action flicks these days. I just thought it was a cool scene for an X-Wing dogfight.
>>
Definitely better than the prequels and muc better than JJ's star trek. The CGI looks less cartoony than the prequels CGI
Surprisingly there isn't that much lens flare
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.