[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people keep saying it's just an ANH remake? Sure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (20 KB, 315x467) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
20 KB, 315x467
Why do people keep saying it's just an ANH remake?
Sure the plot points are the same but the execution, motives, characterization and especially the pacing is wildly different.
>>
>>63776450
because the story is nothing different
It doesn't matter how different the pacing is
They are seeing what they seen before on screen
they could have made a wildly different story and took a risk but jewjew was too scared like the cuck he is
>>
Basically because it's just using the same story structure as the original.

People aren't saying it's a remake, more of, wait for it...a reboot or reimagining.

Like Jurassic World.
>>
>>63776450
you know that image is a AKIRA rip-off right?
>>
>>63776450
>but the execution, motives, characterization and especially the pacing is wildly different.
everything you mention is exactly the same minus the pacing, which is the beyond awful.
>>
ANH is overrated because of how attached people are to it. The writing was infinitely better in VII. Lukes reaction to his step parents dying is one of the worst things I've ever seen in cinema.
>>
lol quads
>>
>>63776561
No, googled force awakens and took a cool looking pic.
>>
File: AKIRAsgsdrtjh.jpg (79 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
AKIRAsgsdrtjh.jpg
79 KB, 1024x768
>>63776662
>>
>>63776610
Execution:

Was there a desert chase/battle sequence between a rookie? pilot and TIE fighters in ANH?

Was there a villain vs hero fight in ANH?

Was there an intended infirltration of the Death Star to weaken it's defences in order to blow it up?

Motives:

BB8 is hunted because of a map to Luke
Han wants to redeem his son
Finn wants to escape TFO

Characterizaton:
Do I even need to explain this, even the villain character is so much different from Vader.

I agree the pacing should have been toned down a bit but it was nowhere near awful.
If they paced it liked ANH it would have been a borefest.
>>
>>63776894
Listen you little faggot
You can't just break down every little fucking difference and say the execution was different.
If the central story goes in the same direction and if the motivations are similar as the pervious films, people are going to say it was a remake of the pervious film.

you understand you fucking star wars fanboy
>>
>>63776894
wow he took a left turn instead of right so the execution is different!
how are you able to live
>>
>>63776986
I'm not even a fanboy.
I honestly don't understand why people keep saying it's the same movie/reboot when the plot structure is the only consistent thing.

For motivations the only similarity is the NotDeathStar countdown before the fleet/plannet gets BTFO.
>>
>>63777032
Nice judgment there
>>
>>63776450
There are poractically no original ideas in the film.

I know youre desperate to like it but its not gonna happen
>>
>>63776662
reddit or underage?
>>
>>63776493
i see why people could think that
but...
I see it as a start of a new triology and J.J. wants to evoke peoples memories to OT

good movie, fun movie, glad I went to see it.
>>
>>63777074
>i dont know why people keep saying its the same when the plot is the only thing the same

you are coming across desperate here, like a fanboy, even if thats not your intention.
>>
>>63777210
Neither, I'm just not aware of much anime.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.