[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I liked the movie but why did the Rebels not progress after Rotj?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: resistance-jpg.jpg (197 KB, 2000x833) Image search: [Google]
resistance-jpg.jpg
197 KB, 2000x833
I liked the movie but why did the Rebels not progress after Rotj?
It's almost like they intentionally chose to stay a barebones fighting force and not at least try and prevent another genocide like Alderan, now things are worse than ever, makes the original trilogy seem pointless now.
>>
>>63775760
because in episode 4 the good guys were a barebones fighting force
>>
This
30 years is a long time. We should have seen them organizing something that looks like the clone army at the very least.
>>
They're setting up the new EU, this movie left so many questions.
>>
File: resistance tfa.png (24 KB, 912x429) Image search: [Google]
resistance tfa.png
24 KB, 912x429
>>63775760
>>63775801
>>
>>63775760
This is because they spend their money wisely instead of blowing it all on one single space station, the size of a small moon. TWICE.
>>
>>63775801
They thought the fight was over. Without Snoke, there is seemingly no First Order. Wherever he came from is a mystery to everyone.
>>
>>63775760

They say the Republic massively downscaled its forces and went all pacifistic, I guess like how it was during TPM.

Its Fleet was taken out by Starkiller; I guess it was on the ground or in orbit for the most part on the planets hit

Kinda odd that the Republic had no ships to sent to help the Resistance. You'd think there was stuff patrolling the galaxy and located nearby
>>
>>63775760
>makes the original trilogy seem pointless now.

That's kinda the point. This is suppose to be a new, mostly self contained trilogy for kids.
>>
>>63775820
>quoting something from another 4chan post (probably written by himself) is a genuine source
>>
I'd it ever explained what the relationship between the Rebellion and Resistance is? Is it like the 1910s IRA and 1920s IRA, where one denies the legitimacy of the other for not actively fighting anymore? Is the Rebel Alliance mentioned as an existent thing?
>>
>>63776045
They didn't want to bore the audience with le boring politics
>>
>>63775838
3rd time's a char......shit
>>
>>63775932
Fucking brilliant and I will now do this all day.

I AM MY OWN SOURCE NOW NIGGERS.
>>
The Rebel Alliance is not the Resistance. The Rebel Alliance was no longer needed when the Empire was defeated and the New Republic was formed.
Once the First Order rose to power, the Resistance -- part of the New Republic -- formed to fight the First Order.
I would like to see some Republic troopers...
>>
>>63776101
That's what the opening title crawl is for dumb dumb
>>
>>63775760
But almost all critics love the film!

Why are you being so contrarian?!
>>
>>63776101
I mean it's one thing to talk about trade taxation, it's another entirely to not explain why Leia is now leading a whole different organization, and gloss over that the OT good guys stopped existing or something.
>>
File: TheDancing.gif (912 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
TheDancing.gif
912 KB, 500x371
>>63776172
All of this tap-dancing to try and get this dumb shit to make sense.

I'm sorry but that makes no sense. If you're an established government, you don't create some fucking weird splinter group to fight your obvious enemies, then call it some weird splinter group name like "Le Resistance" when it's obviously a government-backed military force.
>>
>>63775883
friendly reminder that this is the result of pacificism. Corbyn supporters be advised.
>>
>>63776290
Maybe there's some status quo between the former Empire and the new Republic, without any side wanting to break the peace. That explain why the Starkiller plans remained a secret until now (also for strategic reasons). Maybe now that the First Order went full blown belligerent the Republic can now scrap the secret resistance force and form an actual army.
>>
File: typical.png (79 KB, 183x179) Image search: [Google]
typical.png
79 KB, 183x179
>>63775760
>I'm sorry but that makes no sense. If you're an established government, you don't create some fucking weird splinter group to fight your obvious enemies, then call it some weird splinter group name like "Le Resistance" when it's obviously a government-backed military force.

Almost every insurgency in modern history survives on foreign backing.
>>
>>63776172
So they threw their guns away and let whoever wanted build a new empire/super weapon and did fuck all till they nuked 3 planets, wat?
It's a if the Nazis rose again to power in 1975 and Britain was fighting the Battle of Britain with Spitfires again.
>>
>>63775760

Because the movie relies heavily on references from the last movies meaning nothing can change too drastic or people won't get it.

That's the drawback with JJ, you get nice action but everything is a reference to earlier movies. Nothing evolves everything stagnates.
>>
>>63775760
>I liked the movie but why did the Rebels not progress after Rotj?
They did. The republic came back but it was not yet a state of real power. They had to heavily rely on the rebels.The 1st Order existed probably because the empire was too big with all the warlords controlling star systems.

Also Kylo's betrayal and Luke's desertion didn't help at all.
>>
Fuck it, it was a good film but could have been set further in the future to give the original trilogy more meaning, how can you watch Rotj now and not think that all the characters are going to have a shit life, accomplish no lasting peace and Leia/Han will spawn satan 2.0
>>
>>63775760

I don't get why they are called "The Resistance"

They're in charge. The First Order are now the rebels. Didn't make sense.

I thought they would have played with that inversion more. Kylo Ren literally thinking he's the new Luke Skywalker saving the galaxy and restoring order. Even though he knows he's kinda evil.
>>
File: keep-calm-and-poe-dameron.png (387 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
keep-calm-and-poe-dameron.png
387 KB, 600x700
>>
>>63776531

The First Order ARE Nazis.

Think of it like this;

>Austro Hungarian Empire fucking causes a mess. Finally get put down and humiliated

>"Niggas won't try that shit again, trust f a m"

>20 years later...Motherfucking Hitler and the Nazis rise from the ashes and quickly wreck shit.

>French get stamped down and have to rely on resistance fighters and the like

It's pretty plausible.

I doubt The Empire were even in a position as bad as the Krauts after WW1.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.