[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
**DINDU NUFINN** >"I don't want to kill people"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2
File: janitor.jpg (54 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
janitor.jpg
54 KB, 620x372
**DINDU NUFINN**

>"I don't want to kill people"
>kill dozens of stormtroopers in the next scene
>>
>>63774540
Black bois just can't help themselves.
>>
>>63774540

The "innocent" part was implied, idiot.

If someone's trying to kill me, they're gonna get shot. He didn't want to execute innocent villagers who did fuck-all to them.

Christ are all racists as autistic as you?
>>
>>63774540
Storm Troopers are not people, they are mindless automatons. Like any other soldier.
>>
I DONT WANT TO FIGHT
>tries to kill kylo ren with a light saber
>>
This bugged me too, not gonna lie.
>I've seen the horrors of war, my dying comrade wiped his bloody hand on my face, I want out
>pew pew pew mothafuckas, literally killing all of my comrades now
>>
T R A I T O R
R
A
I
T
O
R
>>
>>63774540
I literally put my hands up in disgust at that
>>
>>63774615
>>63774681
>Not allowed to defend himself
Jesus christ this board is full of autism today.
>>
>>63774540
He didn't want to kill innocent people.

Storm troopers are NOT innocent.

He didn't want to fight, but he will protect himself.
>>
Making that battle at the very start his first battle was a mistake. It would have been more interesting if he actually had a bit of a dark background in terms of being a Storm Trooper.
>>
>>63774615
He was sort of backed into it. There's not wanting to fight and then there's standing there while someone shits in your mouth.
>>
>>63774701

>today
>>
>>63774716

Some people make it through basic army indoctrination just fine and then break the first time they see actual combat. It happens.
>>
>>63774540

>sees everyone nigging out like they're tribal african killers
>peaces the fuck out in style

whats the problem?
>>
>>63774540
>BB and Rey accuse the nigger of stealing immediately
I chuckled
>>
>>63774701
>thinks we're criticizing the character as if he's a real person making moral decisions
>doesn't realize we're criticizing the writing

No, John, you are the autism.
>>
>>63774835
The writing is fine (for that specific part) you dumb nigger
>>
>>63774610

like black people?
>>
>storm trooper calls him a traitor
>uses an electric police baton to fight him

Got a chuckle.
>>
>>63774540
yo that storm trooper with the stun mace tho...that mothafucka was a warrior
>>
>>63774883
It's fucking uneven when a character is horrified and having an existential crisis at the bloodshed in his first combat mission, and then the next scene he's blowing away his former brothers in arms from a ship and whooping at it.
>>
>>63774591
>Christ are all racists as autistic as you?

Yes, they are. That's what racism is, a mental disease of the weak.
>>
>the only black person in the First Order
>traitor

It's like poetry. It rhymes
>>
>>63775040
It's the fact that they're killing innocents. People shooting at him aren't innocent you faggot. Do you have autism or what? Not a difficult concept to understand.
>>
>>63774716
His entire background is already dark.
>>
>>63775040
>not understanding the difference between cold-blooded murder and self-defense

I bet you're a big Cruz supporter.
>>
>if you criticize TFA you are an autistic racist

yep, the kikes scheme is going completely as planmed
>>
>>63774748
That might make sense, except he clearly had no trouble with fighting in general.

If the movie hadn't been on ADHD, they could have made it an arc where he refuses to fight until learning that pacifism is all well and good until it really matters, but clearly they didn't have time for this, which is why it ends up making no sense at all.
>>
>>63774944
Nope.
>>
>>63775113
>he's only bothered by killing innocents

Oh, is that why they had the poignant scene of his fellow soldier being shot and killed and dying in his arms? Finn was freaking when they were being shot at, he just didn't fire his weapon at the innocents. Your constant accusations of autism is some serious projection since you obviously missed the relevance of that whole scene.
>>
>>63774591

That's the weird thing though.

Finn's big revelation comes by seeing a stormtrooper killed - not an "innocent" person.

Honestly, I think what he really meant is "I don't want to be killed."
>>
>>63775223
instant strawman, a new record
>>
>>63774975

>Knows that FN-5234 or whatever isn't a Jedi since they grew up together

>Instead of just shooting that fucking coward... he drops his blaster and fights him with a electric arm pole or something

Finn couldn't deflect blaster bolts... and no one even bothered trying to shoot him fucking hell.

I get that it's just so they can sell a different kind of Storm Trooper toy, with spinning arm action
>>
>>63775113
But seeing as he himself was a storm trooper only give minutes before, surely he must have known that not all of those people are inherently evil?

Besides, it's only self defense because he chose to steal a prisoner from them. He could have gone AWOL literally any other moment.
>>
>>63775040
>>63775113
And the soldiers he's killing are attacking him because him and his friends have killed tons of stormtroopers and are wanted criminals.
>>
>>63775113
The thing is he'd been trained for it all his life, and not by the army of a free democratic nation, but by a genoicidal militant force led by an evil wizard, in all honesty he should have been weeded out long ago.
>>
>>63774704
>they killed his friend
>innocent
>>
>>63775230
>an arc where he refuses to fight until learning that pacifism is well and good until it really matters

That is literally exactly his character arc, that's why he felt shitty after his cowardice got Rey captured. I think you missed it because it wasn't spelled out explicitly in the dialogue like some goddamn Michael Bay movie.

Or, alternatively, you got high as fuck before the movie and missed parts. Either way.
>>
>>63775198
>little blaster pot shots that are clearly doing no damage to the TIE fighter at all
>better shred people in half with a gun designed to take out spaceships
>what is proportional response

No, anon, you are the Cruz
>>
>>63775044

I know, I know. It was rhetorical.
>>
it is called a nigga moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhgwy9y5ttA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4k4_OLV938
>>
>>63775317
I think the point here is everyone would have been much safer is EVERYONE had a blaster.
>>
>>63775316
Clearly you're the who slept through half the movie if you think that character arc was well fleshed out.

The moment he decided to help Dameron he became this super MLG blaster shooter who shot his former friends in cold blood, his arc was shit.
>>
>>63775044
*tips fedora*
>>
>>63774540
he's the first din do nuffins that din't want to chimp out
>>
>His 1st mission on field is of utmost importance to the 1st order instead of a simple one
>is implied to seeing the horrors of war when his fellow man dies, but starts shooting and slaughtering fools left and right shortly afterwards
>His job was cleaning before yet he knows the precise location of a vital mechanical part of the most important weapon of the 1st order, not considering the whole thing is of the size of a planet and the unlikeliness of him knowing such info

He was an okay character personality wise but he was horribly written, have him be one of the Chrome stormbitch top soldiers that has a change of heart about war, have him through the second half not being able to fight and wanting to run away like he was doing already, fight chromebitch instead of some nobody with a club (and just be defending himself since he still is traumatized) and in the last fight against vaderJR have him overcome such trauma to protect his friend, would have been better.
>>
So was it good?
>>
>>63775417
exactly, except they knew, from the prequels, that cinemagoers wouldn't want anything remotely resembling fleshed out character development.

Which is why they went back to the original series' LOOK HIS SHIRT IS BLACK NOW kind of character development.
>>
>>63775463
it's allright, except they probably should have called it a remake since it's essentially the exact same movie as ANH
>>
>you look like someone who wants to run

P O E T R Y
O
E
T
R
Y
>>
>>63775463

it's alright.

It was like Die Hard 2 or Indiana Jones and the Temple of DOOM. Everything was bigger and dumber compared to the first movie (except this time it's episode 4) and it's still watchable even though it's extremely derivative, .
>>
>>63775552
>It was like Die Hard 2

That movie succccked
>>
>>63775473
Do you see what you have become? Do you see what your vices have wrought? This is what you see in the mirror. This is what you hear when there is no one else. This is what you feel when the lights go out.

Please, you don't need to be this person. Just stop. It's that easy. You just need to not do it. You were a better person than this. You can still come back.

You can always come back, /tv/.
>>
>>63775574
I always feel like Die Hard 2 was really fucking weak, and should've caught way more flak than it did. 3 and 4 were immensely better.
>>
>>63775574
Die Hard 3 is good though. Based Ironsides.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.