[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you bought anyone Kylo Ren merchandise, I suggest you return
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: kylo1.jpg (263 KB, 1280x1994) Image search: [Google]
kylo1.jpg
263 KB, 1280x1994
If you bought anyone Kylo Ren merchandise, I suggest you return that shit immediately because holy shit he is more unlikable than Judas.
>>
He is a villain, you idiot. You aren't supposed to like him.
>>
>>63764376
Are you 5?
>>
I like him MORE now that I've gotten to know his character.

People who ran out and bought toys months ago just because he was Mr. Cool Red Lightsaber Man are still idiots, though.
>>
>>63764376
>what is heath ledger joker
>>
>>63764334
i liked him until he killed han solo
>>
File: 1325811919423.gif (726 KB, 446x251) Image search: [Google]
1325811919423.gif
726 KB, 446x251
>>63764446

>12/17/2015
>liking Kylo "Poor LIttle White Fuckboi" Ren
>>
>>63764376
Darth Vader still somehow came off as likeable immediately after decapitating a senior citizen, torturing his own daughter, strangling his subordinates to death and pushing a button to instantly explode billions of people.
>>
>>63764446
I bought Kylo merchandise because he's handsome.
>>
File: 1400607864962.png (862 KB, 720x934) Image search: [Google]
1400607864962.png
862 KB, 720x934
>>63764334
>does more cool shit in one movie than Vader did in 3
>>
itt: idiots confusing "unlikable" and "unenjoyable"
>>
Kylo will be based the next movie, he had start off like a bitch to grow stronger.
>>
>>63764334
He is a much better villain than anyone else in the franchise. Even Vader was just a henchman in ANH, but Kylo is already an interesting character in his first movie.
>>
>>63764334

I fucking loved him. Best character IMHO desu

Better than Vader.

Yall niggas are just dumb.
>>
Fuck you. I watched the han-kylo scene without paying for the movie, and it actually makes me want to GO watch the movie even more.

I gotta admit, the more I think about the han-kylo scene, the more I like it. The way he takes off the helmet, how it’s not overplayed, how he’s like “what are you going to do if I take off the helmet, Han” and he says, “The Supreme Leader is Wise”.
>>
>>63764777

I'm seeing a lot of this and I just don't get it.

Kylo Ren is a pussy. For years I watched people criticize Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen) for being a whiny, bitchy, evil brat. This guy is no different. He killed a bunch of kids and peers he trained with and then kills his dad for absolutely no reason. He's more of an edge lord than Anakin. How is a villain that is essentially a faggy fan boy aping Vader a better villain than actual Vader? This guy has nothing on Emperor Palpatine or Jabba the Hutt.

One thing that is never explained in these stupid movies is the dark side. What's the benefit of turning evil? There was nothing the Emperor had to offer Luke in the Original Trilogy. The death of the rebellion? The death of his friends? Huh? Who wants to live a life of suffering? In the Prequels, Anakin gets fucked over when he gets burnt to a crisp, living the rest of his life in a life support suit while Sheev laughs behind his back when he tells him his wife died. Then, what does he do as Vader? He wants his son to kill him so he can take his place at the Emperor's side? What kind of fucking life is that?

Luke knew there were no benefits to "muh dark side", which is why he throws his lightsaber to the side and decides to be noble and spare his dad.

Star Wars is shit. Kylo "Ben" Ren Solo is weak and gets his ass kicked by a Mary Sue that's never even fought with a lightsaber or the force before.
>>
>>63764376
Fuck, is it winter break already?
>>
>>63765192

I really really dont know and I dont care for any expanded universe shit that could explain any of your questions.

If we stick to the movies I guess Yoda explains that in Empire when he says the darkside is more ''powerful' or something like that, I dont know.

I just liked Kylo because he was edgy as fuck, he was murdering left and right because he liked it, it was fun imho.
>>
>>63765192

B-b-but he's gotta cool mask and ain't fraid of nuthin'!!
>>
>>63764334
>buying movie merchandise other than the occasional t-shirt

fucking nerds kill yourselves
>>
>>63764334
is this darth maul?
>>
>>63765192

All the men of Skywalker bloodline are whiny babies that throw tantrums. Anakin. Kylo. Even Luke was whiny in episode 4
>>
File: 1335109168077.jpg (33 KB, 402x604) Image search: [Google]
1335109168077.jpg
33 KB, 402x604
>>63764511
>decapitating a senior citizen

You mean Obi Wan? He disappeared there was nothing there m8

Also what happened to jedi masters disappearing in the prequels? I thought that was kinda cool that advanced jedi didn't leave a body behind.
>>
Why didn't Anakin come back as a ghost and tell him to stop being such a faggot?
>>
>>63765390
> I guess Yoda explains that in Empire when he says the darkside is more ''powerful' or something like that, I dont know.

Confirmed for retard
>>
This is the first time I recall Star Wars actually creating a real compelling villain.

Too bad he's just an underling of the big Thanos hologram and will probably get killed in the first 10 minutes of the next movie.
>>
What did Han and Leia do so wrong that caused his mass faggotory?
>>
>>63766352
sent him to uncle luke's home for gifted youngsters when he started force choking other kids.
>>
>>63765633

Luke whined in all the movies. Luke whined in EP6 when Yoda passed away and he didn't want to face Vader by himself.
>>
>>63764334
kylo is one leia fuck away from having a full blown oedipal complex

he's not even supposed to come off as badass. i dont think that was the final intent from the movie. he was supposed to have the world's biggest daddy issues and to boot granddady inadequacy issues
>IVEABANDONDMYCHILD.webm with sound
>>
Luke's going to murder the fuck out of him the first chance he gets, right? They can't be dumb enough to try to make Kylo look sympathetic after killing Han Solo
>>
>>63766549

Luke didn't kill the Knights of Ren after they turned on him before, so he won't kill them now. This is the guy who risked his life to turn his genocidal daddy back to the good side, without telling anybody about it.
>>
>>63765192
You seem to be mixing up the concepts of being likeable versus being a good character.

Maybe you should go post on a pro wrestling board.
>>
>>63764759

All he does is stomp around acting like a bitch and throwing temper tantrums.
>>
>>63764334

he was legitimately the most interesting character in the movie
>>
I don't have a problem with Kylo's character, I do have a problem with him being one of the top guys in the First Order.

If in the movie we basically got the stuff alluded to in the story so far with Kylo betraying Luke's new jedi order and him and the knights of Ren killing all the force sensitive light side people and pledging allegiance to Snoke then THAT would be an interesting movie because it would interesting to see Kylo's character make those decisions and decide to switch to the dark side.

Instead all of that happened already and he's still a whiny brat except with a position in the first order.

They could've made the movie about how he got there instead of this lame chase for where Luke is hiding. It's really an uninteresting plot.
>>
He was a petulant brat, and at the end him basically begging Rey to be his gf was just pathetic.
>>
>>63766964
More like he was begging her to go to Snoke or else he would ground him.
>>
>>63766803

What makes him a good character? How is he written better than the prequel Anakin? He's not. I wouldn't say he's awful, he's not, but "BEST VILLAIN EVAR", get the fuck out of here with that.

He's serviceable at best.
>>
>>63766950

>one of the top guys in the First Order

He is literally not allowed to injure or kill any FO personnel. He has to suck holographic alien dick every time just to get permission to do something.
>>
>more unlikable than Judas.
fucking wut
>literally the best apostle and arguably the best character in the Bible

I bet you fucking like Samson you tard
>>
Literally if you dont like Kylo youre just part of the BLACKED defense force
>>
>>63764334
Seriously, extremely unlikable.
>>
>>63764334
He's the best written character in all of the current Star Wars cannon.
>>
It kind of pisses me off that he's gonna be scarred and shit now, because chances are that means he's gonna follow a vader arc of "conflicted bad guy that dies at the end of the third movie"

good guys don't get cool scars
>>
>>63767028

He's initially presented as an intimidating villain but over the course of the movie you see him develop into something more insecure and vulnerable, the turning point being where he confronts rey, learns she has force powers and has bonded with his father. It's even symbolised pretty clearly in the movie by that being the point where he takes his helmet off and he becomes more exposed physically and mentally
he sees rey as a threat not just to the first order but to him personally, because she's becoming the prodigy he wanted to be

if you don't like his character than you have zero appreciation for good screenwriting
>>
>>63764376
are you an idiot?
villains are usually the best part of the story
>>
>>63767223
>>63767225
these are not mutually exclusive
>>
I'm laughing at all the kids who thought he was cool, he was a loser and was intentionally presented as such.
>shit tier posture while walking compared to Darth Vader
>throws temper tantrums and slashes everything on the ship when he gets mad
>when he's embarrassed in front of the Sheev equivalent he turns into a sniveling brat saying "I-I can do it, j-just give me more time"
>Lacks any of the grace or restraint Vader had

He wants to be Vader and he never will be, he'll probably like how his face got scarred since it makes him look more like his grandpa.
>>
>>63767277
god dammit

I was gonna write "dollars to donuts" but i forgot the exact wording of the phrase

"chances are" just doesn't sound as good, you know?

Dollars to donuts. Dollars to donuts.
>>
>>63767369

Thats the point. His character is gonna start off as a bitch, and next film he'll probably be some ruthless ass guy or some shit.
>>
>>63767428

Hes obviously going to become partly cyborg to lose his emotions. Then he will go full cyborg in EP9 to become just like Vader.
>>
>>63767428
I get that's the point and they managed to get the point across quite well, I like him because he's such a pathetic bitch nigger and I'll enjoy seeing his future failures as he fumbles around.
>>
>>63767369
>was intentionally presented as such
people seem to be missing this, even though it was about a subtle as a mac truck
>>
I liked how the ways he used the force. Stopping that blaster shot at the beginning was great.
>>
>>63767428
as part of his "training" he is going to have to kill Leia or Darth Sidious is going to do it.

That way he will have no ties. Then by the third movie he will briefly turn around and get killed by his own hubris
>>
>>63764511
Tarkin was responsible for Alderaan, Vader just chilled onboard
>>
>>63767514
Yeah, he even walked slightly hunched forward, compared to Vader's majestic and imposing strut.
>>
>>63766288

Dooku was compelling, but thats more on Lee.
>>
>>63766950
>If in the movie we basically got the stuff alluded to in the story so far with Kylo betraying Luke's new jedi order and him and the knights of Ren killing all the force sensitive light side people and pledging allegiance to Snoke then THAT would be an interesting movie because it would interesting to see Kylo's character make those decisions and decide to switch to the dark side.
That's for the next set of prequels, anon, slated for 2029
>>
>>63767602

Dooku was dumb, and Lee hardly even tried
it's like he didn't understand at all what to do with his hands when making force lightning
>>
File: its poetry.webm (2 MB, 720x380) Image search: [Google]
its poetry.webm
2 MB, 720x380
>girl power
>>
>>63767288
that sounds like shit though.
>>
>>63766288
this>>63767602

dooku was the only good thing about the prequels. well acted, had real motivations for what he did and even had a unique lightsaber/fighting style that didnt seem corny or stupid.
>>
File: 1276681173345.gif (3 MB, 445x247) Image search: [Google]
1276681173345.gif
3 MB, 445x247
>>63767665
>>
>>63767657
hes like a foot taller and has a reach advantage
>>
>>63767657
IS THIS A JOKE? LOL
>>
>>63764759
>>63764759
He kind of acts like a bitch who doesn't understand vader.

Vader turned to the light side at the very end.
>>
>>63767657

There is literally nothing wrong with this scene
Rey is struggling, Kylo is struggling and also fairly wounded, they're both inexperienced and it shows in how they fight
>>
>>63767369
Wow. Do you even know what character development is? He hasn't even completed his training yet. He's a weak ass right now. But snoke is using him because he has the potential to be stronger than Vader. Also snoke isn't a sith so something big will happen next movie to snoke that will turn kylo into a huge badass.
>>
File: 4ReqKsK.jpg (57 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
4ReqKsK.jpg
57 KB, 919x720
>>63764376
Hey man, I'll extend an olive branch. Go collect your brains and logic and support your statement.

Cause so far you looks like a fucking retard, m'kay?
>>
>>63767665
Holy shit anon,
>>63767708
posted a laughing anime girl, your opinion must be wrong. I'm so sorry
>>
>more unlikable than Judas
What did he mean by this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-voeq7Cebo
>>
File: KyloRen-Fathead.png (2 MB, 1567x2552) Image search: [Google]
KyloRen-Fathead.png
2 MB, 1567x2552
Why is he so good with the force yet so shitty with a lightsaber? Like Fin gave him a run for his money and isn't strong with the force at all.
>>
File: 3634733.jpg (40 KB, 211x203) Image search: [Google]
3634733.jpg
40 KB, 211x203
>>63767657
>>
>>63765635
I always wanted an explanation for that more than anything else in the whole saga, and I mean a real explanation not the "qui gon cheated death" bullshit
>>
>>63767288
Building your villain to be less intimidating and more vulnerable as you reach the climax doesn't make for an exciting movie. Star Wars is pulp, not something deep and fancy and with Kylo Ren it seems to forget this entirely.
>>
File: 1450315272391.jpg (8 KB, 228x217) Image search: [Google]
1450315272391.jpg
8 KB, 228x217
>>63766640

and then promptly threw in the towel and decided to play Where's Waldo instead of manning up and doing what was right for the galaxy. This movie asked way too much in terms of suspension of disbelief--Leia ans Han are just back doing what they were doing before? The rebels are still the rebels? The empire's fanatic wing rebuilt the Third Reich even better in.30 years with the help of Voldemort? Han Solo's pilot reflexes are faster than lightspeed? why did Luke leave a fuckin Prima guide on how to find him anyway? I'm sure these are all mysteries to be explained later, but they're dogshit conceits that I don't care to see explained. This movie sucked and sadly no one will say so until five years from now
>>
>>63767780
Apparently he betrayed Luke before he could even complete his training, so he's probably not even knight level but just has mad force potential because of those skywalker genes.
>>
>>63767811
oh no a new kind of villain I don't like this why isn't he darth vader

>>63767780
it's not that often he actually uses his lightsaber against another lightsaber
>>
>>63766288
Nah Disney will make sure this nigga get a redemption arc.
>>
>>63767780
Cause black men are superior athletes
>>
>>63764518
Glad i'm not the only one. Im not even gay, but I can recognize beauty in all its forms.
>>
>>63767375
Soup to nuts
>>
>>63766640
>
What the hell is the knights of ren again? I heard them mentioned in the movie once, and all I got out of it was that they betrayed luke or something.
>>
>>63767915
this must be trolling. Adam Driver is ugly as fuck
>>
>>63767657
did she just cut off his hand, just like luke and anakin?
>>
Do the Raid actors get much screen time? I was pretty excited to hear that they were in this.
>>
>>63767874
A less intimidating, whiny, temper tantrum throwing villain is new to star wars, but that doesn't mean its good
>>
File: kylo.jpg (17 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
kylo.jpg
17 KB, 400x400
>>63764446
I bought this because the character's look is well designed and there aren't many interesting figures. I wanted a Revan figure but the only one that exists is like $100 and Kylo cost $8 at a local bookstore.
>>
In his fight with Finn why didn't he just freeze him like how he froze Poe and Rey?
>>
>>63767369
To be fair, Vader sorta threw temper tantrums, but instead of fucking up the ships equipment he'd kill people, like other generals in the empire.
>>
>>63768061
Because he has a soft spot for Finn.
>>
>>63766950
>"we need another prequel movie that is a bad guy origin story"
Fuck off retard.
>>
>>63768055
Kylo never whines
>>
>>63764334
I've got a serious question...

How the fuck did Kylo Ren get Vader's mask? Wasn't Vader given a traditional Jedi Burial (burned) in Return of the Jedi?
>>
>>63767742
Snoke doesn't care if he will become powerful. He just knows that he is easy enough to manipulate and connected to the Dark sides main opposition (Luke). Sheev did the same with Anakin. Manipulate the weak minded to do your bidding.
>>
>>63768190
He was whining when the other guy told Snoke that he called off the search for the droid because he thought he could take the map from Rey's head, only to fail.
>>
>>63768190
He literally whines to Darth Vaders helmet that hes not a sick badguy and he sort of wants to be a good guy instead
>>
>>63768238
That wasn't whining though

>>63768284
and neither was that

do you know what whining means?
>>
>whiny bitch for most of the movie
Is Kylo Ren 14 years old?
>>
File: 20150821_174641_zpsun5vdjp9.jpg (587 KB, 1024x1820) Image search: [Google]
20150821_174641_zpsun5vdjp9.jpg
587 KB, 1024x1820
there's got to be a shitty torrent up by now right?
>>
>>63764334
>more unlikable than Judas

Judas is the hero of the NT though.
>>
http://vodlocker.com/i7yrsso0az1k

full video of the last duels
>>
>>63766390
lmao
>>
>>63768061
>>63768061
I thought he was hurt or something in one way or another. He kept banging on his chest, maybe it prevented him from using the force in that situation?
>>
>>63768220
The mask was all melted and shit, I guess the Ewok party ran long and nobody noticed when the fire died down and Vader wasn't totally burned.
>>
>>63767657
I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND.

I HAVE THE UTERUS THOUGH!
>>
You guys do know all your "criticisms" of his character are completely intentional on the part of the filmmakers, right?

His character is the most interesting out of all the new characters specifically because he's an unlikable bitch nigger. You know what unlikable bitch niggers do? They shoot up schools and shit. They murder their families for insane reasons that don't make any sense like "I just wanted to know what it would be like to kill my sister, and then I decided it was easy so I took an axe to my sleeping father too".

Now imagine one with mind powers to torture and extract information and a fucking fleet of the galaxy's most efficient death tech at his hand. Out of all the new characters, I want to see what Kylo does next the most, by far. Because unlikable bitch niggas are completely unpredictable in what they'll try to do to make themselves feel better, and that's scary as fuck.

That's a way more interesting and realistic fall to the dark-side than Anakin's "I'm afraid of losing people, so I hate death, so now I'm going to kill everything".
>>
>>63767989
No. It was hard to see, but I believe she just cut his saber. His hand is fine.
>>
>>63764334
>judas
>the man who infiltrated the heart of a jewish terrorist cell
>sacrificed everything living among zionist extremists for the betterment of the roman empire
>when his mission is finally complete he's been pushed so far over the edge he hangs himself to make sure that he doesnt become corrupted himself
>"unlikable"
based judas
>>
>>63768435
Ok, but still. How the hell did it get into his possession? I don't know, feels kind of like a plot hole. Your explanation makes sense though.
>>
>>63764334
I think he may be the stupidest, most incompetent villain in all of the movies.
>>
>>63767780

>Finn gave him a run for his money

Seriously? Kylo was dominating that whole time. With a blaster shot in his side. It could have been even more vicious than it actually was
>>
>>63768454
I think part of anikans problem were the jedis were too traditional, and didn't want him fucking or getting into relationships or anything.
>>
>>63768454
But thats not interesting. Its boring. Some chump who is super emotional and just lashes out all the time doesnt make for a deep interesting character, it makes for a shit villain. Who cares if Rey beats Kylo, hes just some bitch anyway. Kylo being such a weak character makes Reys victory not amount to a whole lot really
>>
>>63768402
That's what I don't get about people complaining on that fight. He's fucked up, like severely fucked up, he takes a bowcaster shot, then powers through it fights Fin takes more damage then fight Rey. I'm more worried he was too durable
>>
>>63768220
a campfire destroys spcae helmets like jetfuel melts steel beams

even when you cremate a body someone has to go into the furnace and smash bone chunks apart so the family doesnt get bits of fingers or ribs in the urn
>>
>>63767989
I think she only destroyed his lightsaber. I'm pretty sure they would focus on his hand if it got cut off.
>>
>>63768546
it was force fire
>>
Kylo is a bitch, but it fits his character. He is not the badass Vader was, and that's the point. He's a scared kid, he gets his butt kicked by an untrained girl. He looks cool like Vader but inside is not like Vader.

I look forward to seeing his character develop.
>>
>>63768471
He went to Endor and slew that entire Ewok village to find the one tree-hut where the Vader-skull was displayed as a trophy by the little monsters.
I dunno, there were a few holes like that where they probably planned to leave explaining it for the next one, like Luke's old saber.
>>
>>63768541
Yeah he did get shot at right after he killed Solo. Finn kinda messed him up alittle, but Rey really did the damage.

Did she cut something off of him or disfigure Kylo in any way? Or just knock the lightsaber out of his hand?
>>
>>63768533

I'm saying that it would be actually interesting if we knew who Rey or Kylo actually are and see their characters developed.

Instead they're presented into the story already defined, except we don't know what defined them.
Why is Kylo who he is? Why is Rey who she is? Who is Snoke? Why is Luke a hermit? Etc..We don't fucking now, tune in for the sequel to find out.

Imho it feels like we got half a movie.
>>
>>63766803
Kylo Ren is a shitty character, though. There is no visible motive for him to be evil; he just sort of does it because we needed a reason for Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher to be in the movie, and because Star Wars needs a masked villain. That is the only reason "Kylo Ren" exists.
>>
>>63768533
>Some chump who is super emotional and just lashes out all the time doesnt make for a deep interesting character, it makes for a shit villain.

But that's always been the villains in Star Wars, sans Boba Fett. Even OT Darth and Jabba are like this.
>>
File: Kylo Ren.png (95 KB, 500x221) Image search: [Google]
Kylo Ren.png
95 KB, 500x221
I could only think about this guy anytime Kylo Ren had his helmet off.

He was much more intimidating wearing it.
>>
>>63768546
yeah but the rest of his body/armor must have burned up. IDK, just seems kinda weird. >>63768636
>>63768636
I really hope they do explain the vader mask, as well as the saber
>>
>>63768695
>>63768695
Sure there is. He's got "Vaders blood" in him. The Skywalkers have always struggled with the dark and light side. Luke got a hold of things, and Han's bitch ass son couldn't.
>>
>>63768697
But those two weren't chumps, that's the difference
>>
>>63768568
>durable
Kylo kept getting up every time he was rektd by Rey. I also liked the expression he had when she slashes his face.
>>
>>63768697
>My bro told me all about the original films, trust me I know them
Execute order 796
>>
>>63767989
It's like they rhyme.
>>
did anyone else like how they introduced him?
>>
>>63768379
So they could be flying those things with one hand? Why wouldn't they put more effort into those cockpits? They look like their in a space flight simulator at a science center.

Saber battles made some sense. Emo guy felt superior to the black guy, and didn't take him seriously until you got cut, so then he stopped playing around and took him down. Maybe he was attracted to the girl so he held back as well, or maybe she is really good at handling long dick shaped things. Still, it's kind of stupid how the "light" side still uses anger to beat the "dark" side, which is suppose to be personified by anger.
>>
>>63768844
>attracted to the girl
Did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>63768763
Han's bitch son doesn't even seem to be aware that Vader converted to the light side at the end of his life, he thinks he talks with him through the helmet when it's just his own delusional edgy mind.
>>
>>63764334
>buying merchandise of anything before watching the film
for what purpose?
>>
>>63768720
you wouldn't think that if you had Robot Eyes.
>>
>>63768435
I feel like Luke would have been there to see the ashes though. He would have grabbed he mask if it was still intact.

I feel like the better explanation is that Vader had multiple masks on different ships. He must of had to get that thing cleaned every now and then, or just general maintenance.
>>
>>63768720
Bahahahahahaha cannot unsee
>>
>>63768720
>He was much more intimidating with the helmet on
Gee anon it looks like you figured out the whole point of the fucking helmet and what it meant when he took it off. Are you brain dead?
>>
>>63768945
Calm down there Kylo
>>
>>63768917
That is a better one, but wasn't a skull in the vader mask that kylo had? Even if there wasnt the mask was all fucked up.
>>
>>63768785
Jabba wasn't a chump, he was in control. But Vader was force-choking people for calling his religion out-dated and hokey (which it fucking was at this point in the Empire), then bitching out because a Moff told him to cut it out, and then serving Palpatine like a little bitch for the other two movies to the point where he knowingly brings him the guy that Palpatine plans to kill him and replace him. Darth was always an emotional stooge being bossed around and then bullying his underlings because he KNOWS he's a chump.
>>
>>63768720
Fuck you turd nuggets
>>
>>63768471

There is literally 30 years in between Jedi and Awakens, that's not a fucking plot hole

What WAS a plot hole is how the hell R2D2 just decided to wake up at the perfect time
>>
>>63769033
>>63768720
EJECT!
>>
>>63768811
meant for >>63768541
>>
File: Kylo Ren.gif (981 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Kylo Ren.gif
981 KB, 500x281
>>63768945
>>
>>63769043
He sensed Luke. Half his DNA, anyway.
>>
>>63768837
It was sort of the same as Vader... just like everything else in the movie is ripped--oops, I meant to say "pays homage" to the original trilogy. The opening scene with the star destroyer, the scene where that pilot gives BB-8 the map while they are being pursued by Kylo Ren ("you're my only hope") and the stormtroopers, the wise alien midget lady (Yoda), the Jedi orphan girl from a sandy planet, the stupid mask Kylo Ren wears for no reason other than that Vader had it, Jamal and Token Female Character just happening to get the Millennium Falcon, the new Death Star... The list goes on and on.

Besides the horrible pandering and clumsy exposition ("hey, Leia, remember our son who turned into a dark jedi?" "oh yes, Han, our evil son..."), this movie was just another Abrams movie. Epic battles that are not emotionally charged in any way and don't make me care. The whole thing plays like a two-hour-long trailer.
>>
>Finn sucks with a lightsaber the first time he uses it
Makes sense
>Rey is fucking amazing with one on her first try
What the fuck?
>>
>>63769264
girl power
>>
>>63769206
>the stupid mask Kylo Ren wears for no reason other than that Vader had it

congratulations on not understanding character development or symbolism
>>
>>63769264
heh, bet you didn't think he could get beaten by a GIRL, did ya?
>>
>>63769206
>Epic battles that are not emotionally charged in any way

The lightsaber fight at the end is literally the most emotional fight next to the one in VI, did you just not pay attention to the movie at all?
>>
>>63769264

she had the force in her
how did luke reflect those laser shots from the training ball blindfolded after just a few minutes? What the fuck?
>>
>>63769364
I actually noticed it was supposed to be emotional, but every scene in this movie is so obviously aping the original trilogy, the impact is lost on me.
>>
>>63768454
Funny story; the famous Columbine shooting was done to raise awareness of the mass ignorance that prevails in the western world, especially in the USA, and especially in communities whose main source of employment stems from the manufacture of weapons of mass destruction. The kids involved in the shooting were deeply disturbed by the world around them, and for good reason considering the elders around them, who are suppose to be mentors to the youth, are supporting the death and destruction of other people around the world. You could say there anger is misplaced and you wouldn't be wrong, but their confusion and dysfunctional behavior is not without cause.

So it just goes to show you that sometimes the confused and disgruntled emo kid lashing out is doing so because the forces that surround him have molded him to be that way.

So this Kylo Ren character could have been more flushed out if they provided some background as to why he is lashing out, and not just because "evil reasons". But that would take some goat writing skills, that would go to waste on the general audience anyways because they are fine with simple character developments and predictable plot lines, so why waste the money?
>>
>>63769428

so you're autistic, got it
>>
>>63769364
>that
>more emotional than anakin vs obiwan

no
>>
>>63768601
This so much. He's not meant to be Vader.

I think Ren's story arc is less of a "Here's a completely established evil overlord who seeks to maintain his power" and more of a "Here is a young fearful man tainted with the Dark Side, whose failures will fuel his anger and lust for power, thus becoming an even more menacing villain in the future"
>>
>>63769428

how did the tentacle monster ape the original trilogy?
>>
>>63769440
If a JJ Abrams movie made you feel something, it is probably you who is autistic.
>>
>>63765669
Because no one wants to see Hayden Christensen again, and Sebastian Shaw has been dead since the 90's. There's no one who can portray Anakin now.
>>
>>63768837
I personally enjoyed his first scene. The way he stopped that blaster shot like it was nothing then continued what he was doing really gave a powerful impression as I don't recall anyone doing something like that yet. He honestly seemed to be more powerful with the force than Vader was but not as great with actual light saber combat.
>>
>>63769480
You know, funny you mention about tentacles. This isn't anything to do with the tentacle monster scene, but I remember the scene where they capture that stormtrooper commander and Han asks if there's a garbage compact like "HEY EVERYONE, REMEMBER THAT FROM A NEW HOPE?"
>>
>>63768674
>Why is Kylo who he is
They literally explain his backstory, he had parent issues because they sent him away to luke after they sensed the dark side in him and eventually gets turned to the dark side by snoke and fucks luke's jedi academy up

>Why is Rey who she is?
They're intentionally cryptic about this to leave something to reveal in the next movie, all we know is she was abandoned at a young age and had aspirations to leave jakko while also still waiting for her parents to maybe come back

>Who is Snoke?
Big bad guy. who was the emperor? Hardly anything was known about him until the prequels

>Why is Luke a hermit?
He felt responsible for kylo happening so stopped training new jedis and went into isolation, did you literally not watch the movie
>>
>>63769624
>They're intentionally cryptic about this to leave something to reveal in the next movie, all we know is she was abandoned at a young age and had aspirations to leave jakko while also still waiting for her parents to maybe come back

Ray.....I am, your Brother!!!!
>>
>>63765192

>kills his dad for absolutely no reason

are... you really that stupid? seriously its spoon fed to you?
>>
>>63768674
>Why is Kylo who he is? Why is Rey who she is? Who is Snoke? Why is Luke a hermit?
"It's like they rhyme."
-G. Lucas
>>
>>63765192
>gets his ass kicked by a Mary Sue that's never even fought with a lightsaber or the force before.

is she really a mary sue?i didnt see the movie yet, but a lot of people are saying the exact same thing
>>
>>63768763
>The Skywalkers have always struggled with the dark and light side

That's a load of nonsense. The only reason Anakin struggled with it was because he was trained to be a jedi too late, it had nothing to do with his blood. Anyone who is trained at that age, taken away from his home and family, is a likely target for the dark side. Luke never struggled with it, besides feeling tempted to help his father, but that was more of a "I want to be with my daddy" type of thing than wanting to join the dark side.

Stop making excuses for bad character development. Kylo Ren has no reason to be so evil besides the fact it fits the agenda of the writers/director.
>>
Ren is a very interesting character. The entire scene with Han and him was basically all of Anakin Skywalker's development condensed. I feel like they have a great opportunity to make him incredibly evil and a try villain, and I hope.they do. I hope they at least keep his character a bit nuanced.
>>
>>63768402
He banged on his chest to cause pain which would fuel his anger/abilities. This is all basic dark side shit shit bruh.
>>
>>63769680
In the original movie, Luke had to train before he could even wield a lightsaber. The new girl, Rey, performs a jedi mind trick on a stormtrooper and defeats a sith just because "she has the force in her!"
>>
>>63769680

Everything she does in the movie has a previously established basis for it. Even the pace at which she picks up the Force is established with Kylo mind melding his brain to hers, which pretty much transferred his skill set to her. /tv/ doesn't like it because she ends up winning too much.
>>
>>63769785
>Kylo mind melding his brain to hers, which pretty much transferred his skill set to her
What sense does that make?
>>
>>63769757

Luke wielded a lightsaber when he was talking to Ben about his father. The amount of people on /tv/ who are trolling without even rewatching the movies first is shocking.
>>
>>63768876
I was just coming up with a reason why he didn't finish her off quickly. She never handled a light saber before, and should have been easy to force push/pull and slice to bits. For being the Vader replacement, he surely sucks donkey dick.
>>
>>63769811
>What sense does that make?

movie/star wars sense
>>
>>63769811

Force users train visually. She can visualize her force powers because she was able to see how Kylo Ren did it through his memories. Yoda trained Luke by forcing him to visualize the powers in his mind. And before you ask, Yoda didn't simply transfer his memories because that is a dark side power.
>>
File: 1448925892363.gif (2 MB, 500x244) Image search: [Google]
1448925892363.gif
2 MB, 500x244
>>63767742
>>63768232
>>63767369
>>63767428
>>63767514
Listen to me guys, Snoke (palpatine/plageuis) doesn't give a flying FUCK about Kylo Ren, what he wants is Rey, he knows it's Luke's daughter and want's to turn her to the dark side. So basically we are going to get formulaic films that follow every note of the OT.

>Would she have killed Ren if the fissure didn't open?

The question of if she can be corrupted is still not answered, it would be cool if she becomes sith at the end and ren get's redemption, do something cool with Star Wars for once instead of this mary sue, muh light/dark side, this shit is embarrassing. Kotor 2 is the only competent Star Wars lore ever written, and it isn't even that good.
>>
>>63769686
>The only reason Anakin struggled with it was because he was trained to be a jedi too late
>Luke, who started training much later than Anakin did, never struggled with it. Well, except those times he struggled with it, but they don't count.
>>
>>63769397
He got fucking shot first and then Obi-Wan advised him on how to connect with the force.

He didn't just go ape shit on Darth Vader in the first movie and kick his ass for no reason because "I'm special". Yeah, the force was strong with Luke since the beginning, and it's strong with Rey from word go, but Luke didn't magically know how to do everything.
>>
>>63769873
>she was able to see how Kylo Ren did it through his memories

Do you think she saw the memory of the one time he jerked off to her while she was sleeping? Did it turn her on?
>>
>>63768989
He did all those things without emotion though. He did them with the gravitas and soothing voice of James Earl Jones, not once showing the slightest hint of emotion. It seemed like he did them just to put people in their place because he could, not because he was necessarily angry. That's the difference between being a bitch and being a man. A man does his job and doesn't get emotional, while a bitch puts up a fight and pouts every time.
>>
>>63769823
Did you not see the movie? He got shot in the gut right before fighting her
>>
>>63769480
>tentacle attack in the trash compactor in A New Hope
>sucker mouth thing on the window of the Millennium Falcon in Empire Strikes Back
>>
File: 1289558321398.gif (831 KB, 142x142) Image search: [Google]
1289558321398.gif
831 KB, 142x142
>>63769953

>wants to be as great as Darth Vader
>gets shot by a wookie sniper
>>
>>63764334
LITERALLY JACEN.

Fuck Abrams.
>>
>>63769901
No. First he had to train with Yoda for a day or two, then get his hand cut off. After that he became really bad ass.
>>
>>63764334

I liked him, great voice.
>>
>>63770006
GOOD

JACEN IS GOAT
>>
I'm under the impression he'll be the zuko of Star Wars but nobody else seems to think that.
>>
why did he keep pounding his side during the fight with Finn?
>>
>>63770072
pain = dark side
>>
>>63770096
kind of figured
>>
>>63770072
He'd just been shot and was fighting his way through the pain. Get his blood flowing.
>>
>>63767288
BRAVO JJ
>>
>>63770072

He was humming the Wolf of Wall Street theme to himself to get hyped up
>>
>>63770072
Pain fuels the dark side

Wasn't he saying "more!" during the fight?
>>
>>63770072

he was trying to get the blood out of his clothes
>>
>>63770072
Smacking his wound, drawing anger from his pain, and strength from anger.
At least that's how it went in his head, till he got his shit kicked in by a girl.
>>
>>63769654
Most likely she is the result of Luke and Leia incest. That's why she is so powerful, she has double the midichlorians.
>>
>>63770166
Now that's a twist
>>
>>63770053
I think that too. He could become the first real anti hero in Star Wars.
>>
I haven't seen it. Are the lightsaber fights prequel tier or what?
>>
>>63764334
He was just too angsty to be a good villain, also I have an extreme hatred for his actor
>>
>>63764334
god i hate this saber design so much. those fucking laser cross guards would sooner kill you or cut off your own hand before they did anyone else.
>>
>>63770223
lightsaber fights are okay, but the girl is a lot more powerful than she should be since she has literally 0 training
>>
>>63770223

Nah, they're actually good.
>>
>>63770223
They look like two inexperienced kids trying to fight, which is appropriate. Hopefully the next film will have them training for a climactic battle in 9 where they're markedly more competent with the sabers.
>>
>>63770242

in the movie they are actually shown to be useful, when him and finn are locking lightsabers kylo twists it and impales finn's shoulder with the cross guard
>>
File: abrams is a hack.jpg (154 KB, 462x282) Image search: [Google]
abrams is a hack.jpg
154 KB, 462x282
>>63770045
I'm just sad they used his cousin's name for him.

>>63767288
>good screenwriting is ripping off other people's work
B R A V O A B R A M S
>>
>>63770242

Maybe if you don't have any experience with it, or the Force. But they're actually used really well in fights.
>>
>>63764334
His character is extremely good. He's not Vader, but he's a lot like Anakin in really interesting ways.
>>
>>63770223

both the good and bad guys are inexperienced and emotional, and kylo's also wounded at the time
they're definitely better than the prequels and kind of similar to how luke fought in 6
>>
>>63770321

>only one person can come up with the idea that han and leia's kid will turn evil

fucking EUfags
>>
>>63770000
quads for truth. He was just so uneven. Our first introduction to him is him literally stopping a laser bullet like Neo, he can fucking torture people with his mind, and apparently paralyze them. He's cool and collected for the first act of the movie.

And then suddenly he's the whiny bitch pointlessly taking out his retard rage on a stack of computers, sniveling to his master that he'll try harder next time, and seriously struggling to take down a boy who's never held a lightsaber before, then getting his ass kicked by a girl who's never handled a lightsaber before.
>>
>>63764334
Anyone else feel disappointed with Captain Phasma?

I was looking forward to a lot more than "nigger jumped me then threw me in the trash chute"
>>
>>63769884
Please no, I can handle one movie being very similar to the OT, but not the entire fucking trilogy
>>
>>63770398
>and seriously struggling to take down a boy who's never held a lightsaber before, then getting his ass kicked by a girl who's never handled a lightsaber before.
isn't this called the force?
>>
>>63770414
yee. thought she was going to be a bitter threat or at least have more screen time. what was even the point of her; why not just have some red-pauldron stormtrooper?
>>
File: JainaSolo_EssentialAtlas.jpg (865 KB, 669x900) Image search: [Google]
JainaSolo_EssentialAtlas.jpg
865 KB, 669x900
>>63770393
It's true m8. He's literally Jacen Solo. Fuck, I'm willing to bet that the huge twist about Rey is that she's J̶a̶c̶e̶n̶ Kylo's twin sister.
>>
>>63770223
Nah, no flips n'shit. Just a whole lotta brutal, close up, blade smackin.
>>63765669
Pretty sure that Snoke himself is the one giving Kylo those "visions" from his grandfather he was asking for. He's keeping him from the truth and whispering stories in his ear with Grandpa's voice.
>>
>>63770321
JJ Abrams got one thing right: he discovered that most people don't like new things. They will happily eat up more of the same shit.

Expect a whole new trilogy of "REMEMBER THIS GUYS? REMEMBER THIS SCENE FROM STAR WARS, HUH? REMEMBER DARTH VADER'S MASK?" I won't deny that the prequels were poorly executed, but at least they tried to do their own thing and had an original story, whereas the "story" of Episode 7 felt like it was drafted by a market research group.
>>
>>63770464
Kylo is a force-user too. The force isn't supposed to be some magical deus ex that makes the good guys always win.
>>
>>63770491
when the movie ended
I just had my arms in the air

no mention of Phasma
Luke had no lines from the trailer

I mean I feel cockblocked by JJ
>>
>>63769886
When did Luke "struggle" with it though? He whinned a little in episode 5, big deal, he fell and got over it. In episode 6, he didn't make any emotional sign that he was struggling between the dark and light. He did show a struggle with stopping himself from fighting his dad, but that has more to do with Lukes interpretation of right and wrong, then light and dark side. Other jedis in the past would have just killed vader (Obi Won killed Maul) and then tried to kill the Emperor.

Sure, Luke was trained far later, but it was by a much wiser Obi Wan, who had experience fucking it up the first time. Then Yoda added his bit, while also being aided by ghost Obi Wan. So Luke arguably had a much better support system then Anakin, and was also never introduced to the "jedi lifestyle" which Anakin saw in the prequels. Luke also never knew his mother or father, or had any siblings. Besides his uncle and aunty, he was alone. He also got over their death fairly quickly and easily, so he obviously didn't care much for them.
>>
>>63770287

>literally 0 training
>living alone on a hostile planet
>self trained in staves
>beats the shit out of mooks like some monk
>>
>>63767657
>>63767713

He was badly wounded and was a weaker Force user you fucktards
>>
>>63770463
Get ready for it, do you honestly believe they are not going to follow the OT to a fucking tee? Look at all the references to ANH, I rolled my eyes like 5 times, it's fucking pathetic at this point. This shit has been shilled so hard it lose it's creative potential.
>>
Tell me about Hux, was he great?
>>
>>63770532
I think this one is just the bridge between the old and the new, if they made too much different it wouldnt feel like 'star wars' to most people.
>>
So what did /tv/ think of the Death Star Mk.3?
>>
>>63770540

It was literally the whole point of episode 6
they don't spoonfeed it to you but you see luke perform more deceptive and malicious things like force choking guards and using mind tricks for personal benefit
plus the whole symbolism of the black robes which only reveal white robes underneath at the end after he decides not to kill his father
>>
>>63770573
His speech to the troops on Starkiller Base is one of the best scenes in the movie.
>>
>>63770532
They're also just taking shit from the EU and not bothering to cover it up because they know nobody read that shit.

>>63770587
But it doesn't feel like Star Wars. It has the ships and lasers and music and shit, but there's something about it that's just...off.
>>
>>63770006
Han is approaching Kylo
>'Call him Jacen, Call him Jacen, Call him Jacen.'
"Ben!"
>'FUCK!... Ah damn it, okay... Acceptable'
>>
>>63770605

I liked that it was different to the last two and treated more as a location than a space station
>>
>>63770563
>Look at all the references to ANH,
what were they are
I was trying to think of them all and my mind went blank
>>
>>63770625
I almost thought they had just ripped off Ben Skywalker until I remembered Jacen existing.
>>
>>63770398

This. The movie was better when he still felt like an overwhelming force of destruction and power.
This is the first movie in a series and he's already been knocked off that pedestal of power. No one is going to think much of him when the next movie comes around.
>>
>>63770540
>In episode 6, he didn't make any emotional sign that he was struggling between the dark and light.

In context of the original movies production, he was struggling with his anger and hatred at his friends being fucked up and killed, instead of being zen-like. This is the path to the darkside.

That was before the prequels came and fucked everything up, like Obi-Wan killing Maul and Jedi's killing near indiscriminately and with malice near everywhere.
>>
>>63770563
Rian Johnson might be capable of taking more risks than JJ did, Looper was a pretty good movie.

>>63770605
A-at least the covered the exhaust port this time. I really hoped that they would actually fail the mission of destroying it, setting up the next movie as the First Order hunting down resistance scum that tried to destroy them (but then again it will be the same as ESB)
>>
>>63770657
>death star
>trench run
>desert planet
>yaven-esque planet
>vader mask
>han serving as an obi wan-esque mentor
Fuck, those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.
>>
>>63769953
Not until a good copy makes its way online. I'm not paying into the Jew fund, at least not for a rehash.

I saw the shit quality clip of him wasting time fighting the nog, then getting beat down by feminism. I understood the reasoning for the nog fight; he felt like playing with his prey before eating, and the prey bit him. But the only reason he lost to the girl was because she all of sudden discovered her hidden force powers. That shouldn't have allowed her to beat him. It would have been more believable to leave it at a draw, where both make a strike that sends the other down. Then Ren crawls off and the rest are saved later by ________.
>>
>>63770664
More than likely he's either going to come back stronger and more deadly, or eventually come back to the Resistance. Stronger and more deadly is a hell of a lot more likely though, considering Snoke's final lines.
>>
>>63770657
I've got a bad feeling about this, the cargo hold, the luke training robot, vader mask, desert planet where Luke's daughter was abandoned, destroying of Naboo, yaven planet and there's so much more I can't even fucking remember anymore.
>>
File: Yoda_Younglings.jpg (110 KB, 440x210) Image search: [Google]
Yoda_Younglings.jpg
110 KB, 440x210
>>63770543

She was left in Jakku when she was a 10 year old girl. She obviously had some training you dimwitted fucktards...
>>
>>63764334

>more unlikeable than judas

**You're butthurt over Kylo killing off Han Solo. Boo fucking hoo.**
>>
>>63770711
>trench run
I cringed at this

all I could think of was everybody who has ever used this in a comedy bit
>>
>>63770711
you forgot
>seemingly normal character with hidden potential
>Wants to go home but can't
>Droid having crucial information that both sides want
>fat cunt flying an X-Wing
>>
Jesus Christ, what a shitty villain. I can respect his motives, but between his hissy fits and ridiculously youthful appearance, it was like watching goddamned Harry Potter after he took off the mask.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.