[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Genius Emerges
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 143810981579369.jpg (100 KB, 660x439) Image search: [Google]
143810981579369.jpg
100 KB, 660x439
Where were you when based JJ Abrams became the most recognized and influential director in Hollywood?
Masterpiece after masterpiece, he's consistently demonstrated his keen eye for cinematic perfection. This is no ordinary director. No, this kind of director only comes once in one hundred years. This century's Andrei Tarkovsky, JJ Abrams will usher in a new of age of film-making. Revolutionary in spirit, breathtaking in scope, JJ has his sights set on greatness. The bar has never been set so high.

Hold on to your hats, boys. This is only the beginning.
>>
JJ can't become influential, because JJ doesn't have his own voice
>>
>>63759537
>Where were you when based JJ Abrams became the most recognized and influential director in Hollywood?
Really? I was unaware that Steven Spielberg had died
>>
Super 8 wasn't bad, but it was just a love letter to Spielberg. The only real reason i enjoyed it was because it made me remember how great Spielberg was in his prime.

I'm sure Star Wars is similar.

The rest of his shit is trash
>>
http://screenrant.com/jj-abrams-star-wars-episode-7-director/
>>
he stole the dick nose trope from owen wilson and took it to new heights
>>
>>63759537
>>63759634
Christopher Nolan says hi.
>>
>>63759583
yeah. He was the right man for the job though. It was good they played it safe with him. His star treks were basically warm ups for this movie
>>
cool but are there any movies he's made that aren't just remakes
>>
File: jewmaru.png (184 KB, 451x387) Image search: [Google]
jewmaru.png
184 KB, 451x387
>>63759537
Pouring it on a little thick, Chaim.
>>
>>63759537
This is like the Spielberg hype part 2, except that Spielberg got false praise after his prime, JJ never had a prime.
>>
>>63759645
Wasn't it a love letter to Spielberg that Spielberg produced?

Also, Cloverfield would like a word with OP
>>
The king of /tv/

JJ > Spielberg > Cameron
>>
>>63759694
>Implying he holds a candle to Spielberg
Hehe stupid Goy
>>
>>63759756
Matt Reeves directed Cloverfield
>>
File: FF2uBFZ.jpg (97 KB, 969x1045) Image search: [Google]
FF2uBFZ.jpg
97 KB, 969x1045
Where do we put JJ in this picture?
>>
>>63759537
>le borrows imagery and makes constant references to the original films man

Remember when Spock yelled KHAAAN
It was Kirk last time but this time Spock did it haha
>>
>>63759780
He'd hold his dick while he pisses if Spielberg asked him to
>>
>>63759537
I know this is b8 but recognizable =/= influential. JJ could've had the potential to be a decent director, but now he is just a puppet for hollywood execs desu senpai
>>
>Masterpiece after masterpiece

i took the bait, and went on imdb to see his films.

my god i've seen maybe 1/2 the films, and they're all atrocious. He's Michael Bay tier bad.
>>
>>63759537
>goy with zero originality and creativity
>most recognized and influential director in Hollywood
I believe it
>>
>>63759537
It's easy when you're standing on the shoulders of giants.

How much freedom do you seriously think JJ got? He was probably forced by Disney to include a black and a girl as the protagonists.
>>
>>63759835
And JJ had fuck all to do with Lost too. Plebs need to realise all this.
>>
>>63759897
who ever made that has never had sex
>>
there is a person
in this thread
in this board
in this website
in this country
in this continent
in this planet
that doesn't get paid for what he does
he deserves to kill han solo at the end of Disney's star wars™ VII: the force awakens™ - by jewjew™ abrams™
>>
>>63759645

but Spielberg is still cranking out great movies and his best stretch of movies occurred in this century.

you pleb mate?
>>
>>63760620
this is a lie, he never said it
>>
>literally destroyed Star trek to shreds
>has now moved onto destroying one of the most loved franchises of all time

anything this guy touches turns to shit not gold.

fags will defend this somehow he's the ultimate shill Jew
>>
>>63759537
Good goyim. Know your place and values.
>>
>>63759537
I'm not even that into movies and I can tell hell never reach the level of the old guard. He's the guy you call in to get people to watch a franchise movie that waren't fans to begin with by adding Tasteful Explosions (TM)
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.