[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>If I hit myself, I become stronger! >WHY CAN'T I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21
File: kylo-ren-header.jpg (48 KB, 640x379) Image search: [Google]
kylo-ren-header.jpg
48 KB, 640x379
>If I hit myself, I become stronger!
>WHY CAN'T I BE MY GRANDAD
was he the worst Sith ever?
>>
Quick guys, make a Darth name for him.
>>
There's so much Siths in the extended universe of SW that I'm sure there's much worse examples out there.
>>
>>63758785
No, because he wasn't even a Sith.
>>
>>63758828
Darth Compensatus
>>
>gets beaten by a chimp whos never held a lightsaber in his life
>gets beaten by some girl in force powers, and then btfo in a lightsaber duel with her.

Also why did people forget that you could kick or knee opponents?
>>
>>63758884
But Rey ended the duel with that. He couldn't because he was shot and later on she hamstringed him.
>>
>>63758828
Darth Shekel
>>
>>63758828
Darth Solo

Watch is happen
>>
Darth Dachau
>>
>>63758828
Darth Icky.
>>
>>63758828
Darth Kysolos
>>
>>63758943

Kek

>>63758785

Is he the new Dark Vador ? or just a random sith that will be killed ?
>>
Did Kylo survive the Starkiller collapsing?
>>
>>63758828
darth revan
>>
>>63758828
Darth Insanius
>>
>>63759074
Oh shit
>>
>>63758785
If you are white and support the new garbage propaganda Star Wars you are a bitch boy brainless c.ucked faggot of the highest order.

Fuck you, sellout trash.
>>
>>63758785
for the last goddamn time he's not a fucking Sith. there are no more Sith

unless Snoke turns out to be Darth Plagueis
>>
>>63759065
probably fucked off to wherever snoke is hiding
>>
>>63759065
the plot needs him to. they can't just cut to snoke being the villain for the next two movies.
>>
>>63758828
Darth Severus Snape, disciple of Darth Voldemort... Snookie... Whatever it was.
>>
>>63759073
No, that's Rey's Darth name.
>>
>>63758838
t. nerd
>>
>Film Starts up
>Kylo stops lasers in mid air
>Mercilessly slaughters villagers
>Single Handedly gains information from someone who it's implied has willed through torture
>Shown possessing anger and rage, known to be the dark side's most powerful power.

>Takes off helmet
>All Sense of strong build up removed and is switch to a bratty kid who jobs to amatuers

Why did they fuck him so bad?
>>
>>63759105

Let me sum up, all the vilain are white( and are a bunch of retards), the man hero is an independant lesbian and her helpers are a nigger and a spic ?
>>
>>63759017
He's an edgy Vader wannabe
>>
>>63758828

Darth Dunham
>>
>>63759197
The mask makes him feel in control. No one cared who he was until he put it on.
>>
>>63759210

I'm wondering if this isn't worse...
>>
>>63758785
Darth Just fuck my training up
>>
Kylo is already his Sith name, because the new Siths are the order of the knights of Ren, which I assume all adopt Ren as their surname
>>
>>63759111

But sith is just a name for people who use the dark side
>>
>>63758828
Darth Meme
>>
>>63758785
well, he certainly has the dumbest lightsaber of them all.
>>
>>63759197
Because he's not Vader 2.0 or Maul 2.0, he's a character, his character is edgy annoying teen.
>>
>>63759197

it was character development
they establish him as a threatening force but then over the course of the movie reveal how insecure and unstable he is. taking the mask off was a part of that
>>
>>63759281
Is anyone who is slightly force sensitive a Jedi?

Think before you post.
>>
>they almost went the whole movie without saying "sith"

One thing that really got to me tbqh
>>
Ah yes, the "hate the cool stuff" meme.

I too think he was awful, friends. Shame we won't have another prequel tier movie. Those were the good days.

I'll direct myself back to Reddit now since I'm no doubt from there and/or a marketeer.
>>
>>63759281
No, it's a dark side order, with their own teachings, rules and origins. If you're a Jedi and suddenly just start killing people left and right you're a Dark Jedi, not a Sith.
>>
As much as I hated the rest of the movie, I liked Kylo Ren's character. He's a desperate Vader fanboy, trying to force himself to be a Sith. He's constantly being drawn by the light side, has temper tantrums. He's a kid trying to be something he's not. He's also fucking insane. I think he's a fun character.

However him losing to Rey and not beating Finn in mere seconds is still bullshit.
>>
>>63759313
>his character is edgy annoying teen

>daily reminder that based anakin the original edgelord murdered nearly every jedi
>kylo "fuccboi" meme can't even beat a stormtrooper at a light saber fight
>>
>>63759345

but he did beat finn and rey was more of a stalemate

the point of kylo and rey is that we'll see both of them become stronger over the course of the movies and it'll be like a race to see who can become stronger than the other first
>>
>>63758828
Darth Cognito
>>
>>63759345
He was prancing and showing off against Finn, it's clear that if he was competent and direct like how his beloved Vader was, Finn would be dead in seconds. I liked it, because it was the ultimate humiliation of slack jawed edgy Adam Driver, buried by his own hubris before Snoke fully trains him.
>>
>>63759366
Yeah, for all the bad things this movie has done I'm glad they scaled back on the powerlevel bullshit and had some character development happen onscreen and through actions.
>>
>>63759383
>had him dead to rights
>stalemate

Ok
>>
>>63759328

Fuck off marketeer
>>
>>63759383
Took him stupidly long to beat Finn. Wasn't a stalemate against Rey, really. The ground just conveniently broke and set them apart after Rey kicked his ass.

I wouldn't mind an equal race if they started at equal footing, but Ren should have a huge lead already.
>>
>>63759383
>Rey was more of a stalemate
>Lost his light saber
>Literally got slapped in the face and a boot to the gut
>On the ground laying in the snow
Seems legit
>>
>>63759328
If you think The Phantom Menace is worse than The Force Awakens, I hate you. The force didn't even awaken!
>>
>>63758828
Darth Linkin-Park
>>
>>63759480
>The force didn't even awaken!

except it literally did, you do realise it was about the force awakening in rey right?
>>
Where did Finn lands his blows against Kylo again? Because Rey did hamstring and cut his hand off, and he was already bleeding like a stuck pig from Chewie's crossbow.
>>
>>63758828
>implying he won't be betrayed by Snoke
>>
>>63759510
>bleeding

blasters probably cauterize wounds.

Finn stabs a hole in Kylo's shoulder. Rey fucks him up completely. But somehow instead of slicing his face in half he just gets some scorch marks.
>>
>>63759509
The force doesn't awaken though... it is life and midichlorines. Just because she doesn't use it does not mean it is sleeping.

It should have been force discovery.

This is more of a fart joke or rape joke
>>
>>63759510
finn hit him in the shoulder or something
>>
>>63759509
well i mean yeah if you interpret it that way but i thought it would be all about the jedi reforming and shit but now for some reason the empire is back and theres another resistance and it was just so silly and im mad
>>
File: star-wars-force-awakens.jpg (23 KB, 635x409) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-force-awakens.jpg
23 KB, 635x409
Is the next Jedi Master?

>hasn't even awakened to the force and still almost beat fuccboi Ren
>>
>>63759601
Well, he was bleeding in the snow before Finn picked up the saber, maybe that crossbow works under some weird rules
>>
>>63759672
It would actually be neat if they made them both Jedi, but I doubt it.
>>
>>63759615
it's a metaphor, were you expecting it to be literal?

>>63759643
autism, your theories were wrong but that's not a negative strike against the movie
>>
Is the villain really that weak in this movie or are you guys memeing?
I don't even know what to expect at this point. Might watch Viktor Frankenstein instead desu
>>
>>63759672
That fight looked like it was shot for youtube and he just swings like a great ape all the while having that clueless fucking look on his face as if he's nervous to be in the movie and thinking about his next line
>>
>>63759197
When he pulled it off, it was extremely painful for him.
>>
>>63759716
He's very powerful with the force, doing some crazy things. But he sucks with a lightsaber. They build his powers up and then he gets his ass kicked by a beginner.
>>
>>63759720
>and fuccboi still struggled with him
is there a bigger joke in the Star Wars universe than Kylo Ren?
>>
>>63759711
>it's a metaphor, were you expecting it to be literal?
It's not a metaphor. teh Rey doesn't awaken shit. maybe The Force Emerges or The Force Rises, but awakens is entirely the wrong word giving the contextual meaning of the force and what it is
>>
>>63759711
yeah but they didnt even need to call it the force awakens in the first place!! haha!
>>
>>63759716
No he's not weak. Rey is just a mary sue
>>
>>63759716
He's portrayed as having raw power but very little control. He legitimately has tantrums and hits himself to make himself angrier for the Dark Side.
>>
>>63759772

her ability to use the force was dormant as she was not using it
then she starts using it

it's an awakening of her ability to use the force
are you really this dense?
>>
>>63759768
Reminder Kylo's opponents for most of the movie were computers on board his ship. So he's a megacuck.
>>
>>63759772
>>63759790
Did you miss the bit where Snoke and Ren discussed how they felt an awakening in the force.
>>
>he didn't like him punching his wound
what's wrong with you
>>
>>63759716
They are memeing. Kylo is great. Rey is a bit too powerful for what she should be for someone just discovering the force but Renn is awesome.
>>
>>63758828
Darth Conflictedemotionius
>>
>>63758828
Darth Glibbius
>>
>>63759859
So Rey is just so force powerful that force-users the galaxy over are alerted to her discovering it? omg shes a mary sue! Which is another issue I had with the movie haha!!
>>
>>63759840
The powers were not slumbering, the force is life itself. Unless she suddenly began breeding midichlorines it isn't happening

>>63759859
>Felt an awakening in the force
The shit does that even mean? All people are connected to the force does that just mean she started to use her power? Why does it only show if she starts to use her power. It is not as if her power level dimenshes when she's not using it
>>
>>63759768
The Jedi are on original trilogy power levels. As in can use the force but are regular people still. Not prequel quasi-god levels.
>>
>>63759820
lmao what is he darth autisticus?

jesus
>>
>>63759716
Meme. He's great.
>>
>>63758884
>>63758884

he rekt Finn though, and did it with a large crossbow wound. and he took another saber hit before the fight with Rae
>>
>>63758828

Darth Meme
>>
>>63759933
>implying vader from the original trilogy would struggle with a storm trooper
Face it, Kylo "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" Ren looks like a chump at the end of this movie
>>
>>63759925
Ignore the prequels and their midichlorians. JJ did.
>>
>>63759716

He's not weak (he feels particularly intimidating at a certain point in the film), but they went way overboard with the boring female lead who makes him seem pretty pathetic in comparison.

I really don't know what the fuck they were doing with her to be honest.
>>
>>63759933
AKA absolutely useless in the grand scheme of things
>>
File: 1448333134454.jpg (559 KB, 2580x1960) Image search: [Google]
1448333134454.jpg
559 KB, 2580x1960
>>63759243
>>
>>63759925
>The powers were not slumbering, the force is life itself. Unless she suddenly began breeding midichlorines it isn't happening

METAPHOR

They weren't 'asleep' but they weren't being used, so when it does start being used you can definitely describe it poetically as an awakening
>>
Anybody think that Luke will die in the next movie?
>>
>>63760072
Kylo better murder him to redeem himself after looking like a joke in this movie.
>>
>>63759981

that's literally the point of his character though
he's not meant to be a darth vader reskin
>>
>>63760072
>Luke has a moment with Kylo where he approached redemption
>Kylo backstabs him instead
HE JUST KEEPS GETTING AWAY WITH IT
>>
>>63760100
>he's not meant to be a darth vader reskin
i'm sure any trained sith/ren/whatever he is can beat a storm trooper in a dual within about 20 seconds
>>
>>63760062
The best you can argue is Awakening, but awakens isn't right sweet summer child
>>
Wait he hits himself to become stronger with the force?
>>
>>63759933
the only jedi in the prequels that were portrayed way stronger than everyone else were yoda, sheev, anakin, obi-wan, mace, and dooku

which makes sense because those WERE the strongest jedi alive at the time
>>
If they do kill him I hope he doesn't go out like The Count at the start of 3.
>>
>>63760171
>Sheev/Dooku
>Strongest jedi
>>
guys, you know that poem that kendrick lamar puts on the end of his songs? I feel it reaches to Kylo so much

I remember you was conflicted
Misusing your influence
Sometimes I did the same
Abusing my power full of resentment
Resentment that turned into a deep depression
Found myself screaming in a hotel room
I didn't want to self-destruct
The evils of Lucy was all around me
So I went running for answers
Until I came home
But that didn't stop survivors guilt
Going back and forth
Trying to convince myself the stripes I earned
Or maybe how A-1 my foundation was
But while my loved ones was fighting
A continuous war back in the city
I was entering a new one
>>
>>63759197

Dude Adam Driver did fucking well I liked the scenes without the mask
>>
>>63760147

the two are literally the same word used in different sentence structures

there was an awakening in the force when rey's abilities awakened. the force awakens is in future tense as it is talking about something that will happen in the movie
>>
>>63759150
what about the other knights of ren
>>
>>63759820
So he's a fucking spastic autistic. Why doesn't /tv/ love him?
>>
>>63760198
you know what i meant, force users

and dooku was a jedi
>>
>>63760200
This is probably better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2REZSj4XnE
>>
>>63760200
I still don't understand why Kendrick Lamar is praised this much. It's so cringy. Especially when he's saying
>Found myself screaming in a hotel room
and in the background you hear
>AAAAAAAHHH
can't stand that shit.
>>
>>63760161
Hits himself for more pain. Either he's crazy or he's trying to piss himself off since the sith use anger and similar emotions to fuel their power. Or both.
>>
YOU NEED A TEACHER! I loved that part, the guy is funny af
>>
>>63758785

So why didn't Anakin's ghost comeback like he did in ROTJ and tell Kylo to stop being a faggot.
>>
>>63760307

that makes more sense I guess
I thought he was trying to shake the blood out of his clothes or something
>>
File: 1421535961662.gif (1 MB, 400x170) Image search: [Google]
1421535961662.gif
1 MB, 400x170
> got shot by chewie
> cut with lightsaber
> unstable wreck, torn between Snoke and his past, tempted by the light side
Even without his physical wounds, most of the lightsaber fights in Star Wars are mental/emotional battles anyway. Even if he is a master duelist he mostly uses his saber during his tard rage scenes. So yeah he's a bratty manchild but he'll probably mellow out next time, with Luke back on the scene he'll have to choose between his old mentor and Snoke, it'll most likely be his arc in episode 8.
>>
>>63760161
No with his fist. He has a massive wound and he punches the wound to make it bleed more and get angrier.

He does it like twice. It's noticeable but doesn't detract from the scene.
>>
>>63759716

He's pretty fucking cool. Best villain after Maul desu. Don't know why everyone is so angry about Rey "beating" him.

He's shot in the stomach by a wookie bow caster which is established to be a fucking savage weapon. Then he wrecks Finn but cops a wound on the shoulder. It's made obvious that the wound is paining him greatly. Then he and Rey duel and he wins basically the entire time, she is running from him until at the very end she closes her eyes, centres her emotions and uses the force and this overcomes his frantic and rage induced dark side behaviour not enough to out right best him but it just fights him off so she can be safe.
>>
>>63760333
Too busy using his newly found sexy young bod to fuck force ghostettes
>>
>>63760134
Did you somehow miss the part where Chewie shot him in the gut with a crossbow that killed four stormtroopers at once? Kylo would've destroyed Rey and Finn if he wasn't severely injured.
>>
>>63760340
>>63760307
>>63760362
Don't you guys punch your own wounds? Just to make sure the wound is still there? I thought it was normal.
>>
>>63758828
Darth Edje
>>
>>63760362
>No with his fist. He has a massive wound and he punches the wound to make it bleed more and get angrier.
I thought he was just trying to get feeling back in his leg since he got shot right in the side.
>>
>>63759510
>cut his hand off
What?
>>
What's the chemistry between the characters like? Is it dead like in the prequels or do they actually look like friends this time?
>>
Darth What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>63760072
Not the next one, but the one after when he's revealed to be Snoke.
>>
>>63760239
Why do you think people with autism like autism?
>>
Will force use be like it was in the original movies, but up dated, or will they be like the prequels, for this set of movies? Or have the producers not said anything?
>>
>>63760458
Boyega and Isaac have some nice chemistry. That's about it though.
>>
>>63760456
Curious about this, did he get his hand cut off?

Would certainly make him more like his grandfather and uncle.
>>
>>63759316
this

THANK YOU!
>>
File: ahnold.jpg (29 KB, 355x324) Image search: [Google]
ahnold.jpg
29 KB, 355x324
Anyone else find Rey hot? I'm by no means a brainwashed feminist cuck, far from it actually.

Women who are more than just another damsel in distress make my dick rock hard and I'm glad we got Rey

pic related, mfw everytime she was on screen. If i wasn't sitting in a packed cinema, I'd been stroking my dick almost 100% of the time
>>
File: 1443023768515.png (888 KB, 632x605) Image search: [Google]
1443023768515.png
888 KB, 632x605
>>63758828
Darth REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN
>>
>>63760584

she's quality waifu material, shame about the character
>>
>>63760584
>pic related, mfw

you realize arnold was mad as fuck during that scene, right
>>
>>63760694
who cares, it's
>my face when
not
>my feelings when

And this is my face when I stroke my penis to Rey. Easy.
>>
>>63760374
I agreed with everything you said except the very ending: she BTFO him. Albeit it was justified, there can't be no denying that he was humiliated in the end, he was by her feet.

I liked it and it was already established that she was very powerful. That humiliation will make him deep himself even more in the dark side.

>mfw I missed him arrogantly saying "You don't realize the power of the dark side" during the duel
>>
>>63758785
Marka Ragnos would facepalm if he was still canon.

Kylo was pathetic as fuck. but I think he'll come back in the next episode actually more of a legitimate threat and less of a clown.
>>
>>63760279
hahah yeah, that one captures his emo/dad you dont understand me vibe
>>63760283
cringy? man, k-dots and artist, go on genius.com
>>
>>63758828
Darth Jewbacca
>>
>>63760386
Nice meme
>>
Why were the planets so bland? Generic desert outpost with completely earth-like buildings. Generic forest planet with one building kind of alien looking. Snow planet with just snow. And they didn't do anything about Luke's hideout at the end, literally earth structures.
>>
>>63760800
or Darth Jewader
I don't know
Whatever is funniest
>>
>>63758828
Darth Snivelius
>>
>>63758785
Darth Issues
>>
>>63758828
Darth KEK
>>
File: help.png (2 MB, 1289x933) Image search: [Google]
help.png
2 MB, 1289x933
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: smug anime face 02.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
smug anime face 02.jpg
65 KB, 1280x720
>tfw went to the movies today to watch new star wars
>tfw got spoiled by a post on /v/ that Han dies by his son's hand
>think "shiit, but it's a ok, I'll enjoy it anyways"
>arrive at movie theatre, earlier showing just finished
>people leaving, me and my 1 friend are waiting in the main hall / lounge area
>dude comes out of the cinema hallway into the lounge area
>screams HAN DIES
>people are startled as fuck and complain loudly
>my friend is so angry, if he had a lightsaber he would sure show them furniture who's boss
>I just chuckle and tip my fedora because I'm already in the know and not bothered one bit by it
>no one is doing anything to the guy who spoiled this shit
>people are angry about it, but not doing shit
>mfw I realized Star Wars fans are a bunch of kucks
>>
>>63758785
Darth JEW
>>
File: pasha.jpg (47 KB, 600x423) Image search: [Google]
pasha.jpg
47 KB, 600x423
>>63760913
A dude just spoiled a story for me I care about.

Surely the only action is to beat this man up and show him who is boss.
>>
>>63760530
This. Boyega and Isaac have some chemistry and thats it.
>>
>>63760870
>Since I have no talent or contributed to society in any way, I will try to make myself look special by NOT doing something like watching a movie a lot of people like.
>>
>>63758828
Darth Zlatan
>>
>>63760913
At one point does not acting like an uncivilized chimp become kucks?
>>
>>63760913
>no one is doing anything to the guy who spoiled this shit
Realistically, what could they have done to him that was legal and socially acceptable other than shout and complain? Go tell the manager? He doesn't have any power to punish that guy
>>
>>63760834
Haven't planets always been sort of bland in star wars? They all look just like different generic earth biomes. Snow, desert, forest, metropolis.
>>
>>63758828
Darth Notheenpersonal
>>
>>63760913
>>63761055

>not knowing that you can use the sord cuck freely without any censureship

Bunch of cucks
>>
>>63758828

darth damaged
>>
>>63761068
>>63761055
>>63760976
Well I'm not sure, but I'm from Germoney, we have sandniggers, a lot actually, but close to no real black niggers. There were huge groups in the movie theatre tonight, I want to bet some money if this happened in the USA and one of these groups were made out of african american people, fists would have settled this matter in a heartbeat
>>
>>63761083
They at least had some special structures every once in a while. Everything looked really Earth-like. Even Jar Jar's home was more creative than anything in Episode 7.
>>
>>63761148

>Germoney
>not enjoying your million refugees

I will ask Merkel to censor your opinion
>>
>>63760568
No. He doesn't lose any body parts. He gets shot in the gut and hit twice on the shoulder (right and left) plus a slash on his right cheek and left leg with the lightsaber. His lightsaber also gets destroyed.
>>
>>63761141

SNOKE'S GONNA FREAK
>>
>>63759366

People will look back on the fucking remakes as golden after Disney is finished shitting this out.

Christ.
>>
>>63758828
Darth Emo
>>
>>63761338
>he'll have an edgy new lightsaber in episode 8

any bets on what form it will take? double sided vent guard perhaps? maybe even dual wielding vent guards?
>>
>>63761160
Noted, I haven't seen episode 7. I know what you mean though, the settings had architecture. It's one of the many things episode 1 excelled in, naboo is my favorite planet. Unique culture and architecture, the underwater city, two species coexisting on edge but not in conflict. Should've been a much better movie but I like it.
>>
>>63758828
Darth Jeelinglimited
>>
>>63761083

>naboo, coruscant,.. bland

tatooine was only bland because continuity from IV budget constraints
>>
Why couldn't Kylo pull Anakin's lightsaber toward him? What was the cause of him being unable to use the force?
Also when he mentions the force to Rey, does it imply that Kylo wanted her to focus on the force and get that powerup with his expression?
>>
>>63758828

Darth Emoji
>>
I'm willing to gamble that he won't have a light saber instead he'll be controlled by the emperor/superme leader. He'll try to fight it and the heroes will escape again

Final movie he'll be completely under control and Teh Rey will have to kill him after remembering they were childhood friends. He'll ask Finn to look after her and die
>>
In the comics he doesn't exist.
>>
>>63761483
Rey pulled it instead. He was fighting over the lightsaber with Rey, but Rey won because Mary Sue.
>>
>>63758785
Jar-Jar is still the worst sith.
>>
>>63758785
This guy is worse than Anakin.
>>
I want to marry the Rey!
>>
>>63758828
Darth Senpai
>>
>>63760495
Well do you?
>>
>>63758828
Vader Zim
>>
Who were the Knights of Ren? Did that nigga with the buster sword get any screentime?
>>
>>63761523
>He was fighting over the lightsaber with Rey
No he wasn't. He didn't even know she was behind him. He first tries to force pull it but his pull was weak. He tries again and still the same. It then flies by him to Rey.
>>
>>63761647
Find out in Episode VIII: The Order of Ren
>>
>>63761679
To me that was just a movie mistake. There didn't seem to be any other explanation than Rey trying to pull it as well.
>>
What pissed me off the most was the stormtrooper who fought Finn with a vibroblade like stun stick.

first of all, w h y? why not just shoot the black guy?

second, why does he have a riot control weapon? I guess he was expecting some civilian resistance but come the fuck on, earlier they were blasting full force into civilian houses and a god damn scrap market with no worry about any colleteral damage

thirdly, how did he know it would hold up against a lightsaber? we are told there are no more jedis except luke left. so why would anyone train these dudes against weilders of lightsabres?

I
DON'T
GET
IT
>>
>>63761352
slightly underrated post
>>
>>63761721
So if Rey was also pulling it why didn't it fly by him when he tries the second time since he stopped to redo the force pull again?
>>
>>63759820
I thought he hit himself to ease the pain of the hole he had in his stomach
is this not a thing!?
>>
>>63761836
Maybe Rey was keeping the saber in place on purpose, waiting for Ren to stop trying so she could quickly steal it for herself.
>>
>>63761736
Well, the Knights of Ren are around. So it's not like they didn't have the chance to test weapons against sabers for R&D.
Maybe he just wanted to make sure he captured Finn instead of accidentally killing him with blasters and make sure he recovered the saber.
>>
>>63761736
it was treason by that point.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAURGH
>>
>>63761736
F U N
P O P C O R N
F L I C K
>>
Who is the ginormous giant bad guy? Please tell me he is not actually that kind of a big guy but instead just had his hologram appear larger
>>
>>63761736
They were sent there after Finn, Rey and BB-8.
It's not a stretch that they'd take non-lethal weaponry to accomplish the task.
>>
>>63758785
Darth Rekt
>>
>>63761941
Darth Plagueis
AKA Jar Jar
>>
>>63761941

It's a hologram.
>>
File: 4235452.jpg (34 KB, 300x293) Image search: [Google]
4235452.jpg
34 KB, 300x293
I really want him to pull a Vegeta and become good again in the second movie to fight the greater evil in the third. Just like Vader
>>
>>63758828
Darth Insanius
>>
>>63761941
Hologram to appear larger, most likely.
>>
>>63761856
>waiting for Ren to stop trying
>he stopped to redo the force pull again

She literally force pulled the lightsaber from the ground as he was trying the second time.

>Maybe Rey was keeping the saber in place on purpose

She was surprised that the lightsaber flew over to her. There's no way she was keeping the saber in place. He was weak with the force right after he rektd Finn. Was it due to being shot or because of his inner conflict?
>>
>>63758785
Any webms?
>>
>>63761736
I never assumed lightsabers were unheard of, just uncommon because they were impractical after blasters were invented.

As Obi-Wan put it, a "weapon for a more civilized age", not "a weapon only for Jedi".

The prequels were fucking stupid and I don't care what was in them.
>>
>>63761871
The Knights of ren weren't mentioned right and we only see them in Reys flash moment when she takes the lightsabre.

So we aren't really to know they exist yet are we?
>>
Rey isn't a beginner though. She's trained and is powerful in the Force but someone brainwashed her and made her forget, hence why it comes back so quickly. She's like Revan from Kotor, he learns superfast after forgetting who he is. So it isn't weird at all that he beat an exhausted, wounded Kylo Ren who himself is just an apprentice.
>>
>>63762205
Snoke refers to Kylo as the leader of the Knights of Ren.
>>
>Kylo Ren
>try hard sith lord
>Probably has zero experience in lightsaber dueling
>Vader
>Took on 1 sith lord, multiple Jedi masters, and his teacher Obi Wan.
>Tonnes of Dueling experience

If it was actually vader in the duel against Rey, Vader wouldn't even bother using his lightsaber. It would go the same way it went with Luke in V
>>
>>63761647
The knights of Ren seemed to be the people trained by Luke or those that defected with Kylo when he massacred Lukes apprentices. There is a group of people standing with Kylo after the massacre in reys flashback.
>>
File: 3d [JUDGEMENTAL STARE]_1.jpg (53 KB, 517x572) Image search: [Google]
3d [JUDGEMENTAL STARE]_1.jpg
53 KB, 517x572
>>63760374

>after Maul
>Placing Badguy McEpicfight above literally anything
>>
>>63761414
>>
>>63762287
They seem like a bunch of people who were Luke's students but turned to the dark side. They had green and blue lightsabers, didn't they?
>>
>>63762317
still not enough shit on the screen
>>
>>63758828
Darth Krager
>>
File: Get_a_load.jpg (44 KB, 776x602) Image search: [Google]
Get_a_load.jpg
44 KB, 776x602
>>63758828
Darth Garth
>>
>>63762239
Master of the Knights of Ren that is
>>
>>63762337
I only remember Kylo having his and stabbing a guy through, but i might be confusing it with the shots that were teased in the earlier trailer.
>>
>>63761736
The use of the electric mace (has i call it) seems to be stormtrooper regular training. That's the only way to explain Boyega correct use of the light saber.
>>
>>63762239
Ahh must have missed that. So Kylo decided he doesn't like Jedi training because it isnt going fast enough? Does some research finds out about the Knights of ren? Who are who exactly? Wookipedia has virtually no info on them. Did Kylo form them? Are they ancient like the sith?
>>
>>63762620
We don't know. We know nothing about them.
>>
>>63762606
Basically, Storm Troopers aren't incompetent gimps in this movie.

They're trained in fighting beyond just shooting a gun and there is thankfully not a single hurr hurr Storm Troopers can't aim reference
>>
>>63759105
>mfw
>>
>>63762620
He is their Master which probably means they're some of his edgy classmates who went dark side or that they're Snoke's bodyguards and Kylo became their Master since he's the only force sensitive out of the bunch.
>>
>>63762693
>Its SHOW TIME
>>
>>63758785
I don't see how he could possibly turn good again, he was a major player in the destruction of a solar system. There was a reason Vader didn't live at the end of ROTJ.
>>
>>63762801
He'll turn back to the light and then die soon afterwards
>>
I quite liked the film but he was beaten way too easily for my liking specially from a person/s that had not used a saber before its really annoyed me
>>
>>63762801
He will balance both the light and dark sides making him OP in the next film. He's already on the dark side yet still has the light making him unstable.
>>
>>63763007
Luke will teach him that it's not a hindrance to be called to the light. Luke was pretty much a grey jedi by the end of OT, being able to use both light and dark. He'll show Ren that it's not a weakness, it's a strength. Ren becomes a grey jedi.
>>
>>63761716
Episode VIII: Ren Strikes Back
>>
>>63762951
He's eventually beaten by someone who is a skilled fighter already (Rei kicks the shit out of people on Jakku) and is clearly more powerful in the Force despite being untrained in it, and when he's already significantly wounded.

He takes a shot in the gut from Chewie's bowcaster (the movies spends multiple scenes pointing out how badass the bowcaster is) and then wounded further by Finn before Rei steps in.
>>
>>63758828
Darth blacked
>>
>>63763071
>Luke will teach him
He should have known Kylo was becoming unstable with his inner conflict. Luke hid himself because of guilt thinking Kylo would overcome it himself but instead he killed every jedi in training lel
>>
>>63758828

Darth Facsimile
>>
>>63763199
People on Jakku are scavengers low on food and resources, struggling to stay alive. Beating them with a stick doesn't help you with saber dueling against trained people. Also talent alone shouldn't be enough. Rey's talented but it's stupid for raw talent to beat training. Luke never beat Vader, trained a lot between movies. Anakin never beat Obi-Wan, trained a lot between movies.
>>
>>63758828
Dad Killer.
>>
>>63763292

A+
>>
>>63763301
Darth Loki's training wasn't complete yet.
>>
Why do people obsess about these movies.

I mean, they're cool and all that but aren't masterpieces. Pew pew shit and space shit is cool, some characters are cool but others are pretty fucking shit. The prequels were dissapointing and the originals are good-but-not-great tier.

I guess it's a bit of nostalgia added to the fact that people hope a better series of films?

Personally I'm zero hyped for the movie since I've got low expectations.

Genuine question tbqh
>>
>>63763071
I doubt it. Given how conservative the writing is in the first film, there is no way they are going to find redemption for a character that killed his own father who happened to be one of the three most loved characters in the franchise. No, Ren is going full dark side and the best he will get is sacrificing himself after admitting he was wrong and that he regrets everything he's done and acknowledging that it wasn't enough and that BBC was made for white pussy.
>>
>>63759243
He's a big guy
>>
>>63763354
What counts as complete training though? Is it like Padawan becoming a Master, or student becoming a Padawan? Ren has still had some training, which is better than no training.
>>
>>63758828

Darth Sookius.

Darth Columbinus.
>>
>>63758828
Darth Fatricidus
>>
>>63763354
Darth Snape still has training though
>>
>>63762951
And Luke defeats a former Jedi Master and current Sith Apprentice who has literal decades of experience under his wing after training for a very small period of time with Yoda.

What's your point?
>>
>>63758828
Darth Htrad
>>
>>63761736

That stormtrooper had a personal vendetta against finn because he was a traitor, so he wanted to seriously hurt him to death instead of just shooting him

or something
>>
>>63759455
He got shot in the abdomen by a bowcaster, the same weapon they kept memeing up as being incredibly powerful for the entire movie. It sent storm troopers flying, seemed to have the same power as at least a 20mm HE round. The fact he could still stand up after getting hit by that is impressive
>>
>>63758828

Darth Fedora.

Darth Fuckyouiwontdowhatyoutellme

Darth Broodus.

Darth Nort Okayus.
>>
>>63760458
They all have nice chemistry. Except Rey and Poe that don't really interact.
>>
>>63759732
That's what happens when you are not a big guy.
>>
Will Kylo get love interest in EP 8?
>>
>>63762951

Kylo was pretty beaten up by that point, he had been shot by chewy's gun which usually one-shots stormtroopers and was still standing plus he had a lot of psychological shit going on

I actually liked how you could see his inexperience coming through once he was actually put in a lightsaber fight instead of just one-sidedly slashing up an old man or a bunch of screens
>>
>>63763417
Jesus fuck these are the new Star Wars absolute fucking shit head retarded. Fucking ugly ass kids man.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.