[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So did they explain what the crossguard was all about?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
So did they explain what the crossguard was all about?
>>
>>63756844
To trolls faggots like you into cluttering up this board with shitposts
>>
>>63756844
As far as I know, Kylo is a dumb idiot who can't make a lightsaber properly, the crossguard is two exhaust pipes.
>>
>>63756844
literally to sell toys and for no other reason

in fairness Lucas started this bullshit in the prequels.
>>
>>63756844
In a sword clash, he moves it up so that it stabs into you, he stabs Finn in the shoulder during it
>>
>>63756844
Kylo'l manual skills rival those of the Davecat
>>
>>63756913
He uses it to fuck finn up so that cant be it
>>
Kylo wanted a light saber and ended up making a bastardized version of one. Thats it.
>>
It's explained in like some visual guide or art book. It's based on designs used during the Battle of Malachor when Revan fucked shit up and it blew up. He used a cracked Kyber Crystal, those are vents.
>>
>le evil hooded man carrying a burning cross
pretty deep stuff but hopefully you will be able to get it after a few more viewings
>>
>>63757001
>Revan

Not canon my friendo
>>
File: 1445741599005.png (332 KB, 411x411) Image search: [Google]
1445741599005.png
332 KB, 411x411
>>63757243
Just stop
>>
no, but it's basically an exhaust. he uses it like a blowtorch on finn

the speculation was that kylo had too much force energy or whatever so his sabre needed to vent, but we all know that isn't true now since he is shit compared to jedi master rey!
>>
>>63756844
it's a burning cross used to oppress a black man, so that Jew Jew can reminds his audience how Xtians are evil
>>
>>63756982
Why can't it be both?
>>
>>63756844
It's just to look cool.
>>
according to the visual dictionary they are an exhaust system required because the sabre uses a broken, unstable crystal

they have the side effect of adding a crossguard, which is made of the same energy as the sabre itself so if you're skilled enough to use it it's an advantage
>>
File: paruru glasses.gif (1 MB, 250x300) Image search: [Google]
paruru glasses.gif
1 MB, 250x300
>>63756844

well, luke skywalker and han solo are old as fuck in it, so i am pretty certain the light saber would have gone through some techological advancement since return of the jedi.
>>
>>63757631
The other way around. It's an old design with a cracked crystal.
>>
>>63757631
Luke went into exile for most of that time.
>>
It's there to make sure his hands stay safe when he kills Han Solo
>>
In the blu ray commentary they said the cross guard was supposed to represent the thin line between a troubled young man and the dark side.
>>
>>63757631
Tech never progresses in Star Wars, though.
>>
>>63756844
>>63757001
Actually it says that this design is ancient which means "pre-malachor disaster" or however they called it. This is somehow connected with scrapped EU, since ancient lightsabers looked more like real swords.

Also Revan - I want to believe.
>>
If you are white and support the new garbage propaganda Star Wars you are a bitch boy brainless c.ucked faggot of the highest order.

Fuck you, sellout trash.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.