[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Listen up I say the whole of /tv/ shitting on this film because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: Star_Wars_The_Force_Awakens.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Star_Wars_The_Force_Awakens.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Listen up

I say the whole of /tv/ shitting on this film because of 'muh inconsistencies'

This movie is the start of a TRILOGY, I repeat a TRILOGY. i.e THREE MOVIES.

If every movie was wrapped in a tight little bow with all of your questions answered from the first movie IN the first movie, it wouldn't be a good trilogy as none of the intrigue or mystery would be left for the other two films.

You know what trilogy did wrap each film in a nice little bow for you? The Prequels. And look how much you shit all over them.

You complained about how you wanted movies 'more like the originals' and that's exactly what we got. Now we have it: 'omg New Hope with a new skin 1/10 worst star wars ever'. People need to make their fucking minds up. Give the folks over at Disney time to develop a story, add more plot points and twists.

TFA wasn't bad. It was awesome.

The acting, set pieces, CGI (I thought Snoke looked a but dodgy but that was just a hologram), sound direction and script were simply fantastic.

Wait till the end of the trilogy. Hell, if you watch a New Hope you can see all of the plot points and inconsistencies over there, which were solved later in the saga. Make a judgement when this section of the story is deemed 'complete'.

Also all of you racist motherfuckers get back to /pol/. John Boyega was amazing, his and Daisy's (Rey's) chemistry is fantastic.

Fuck off haters.
>>
>>63755856
bumpoing for relevance
>>
>>63755856
You're a huge faggot for creating yet another Star Wars thread, you're and even bigger ahoy for feeling the need for a bunch of pederasts on a malaysian sock puppet bbs.
I honestly hate and reject the idea of "you."
>>
>>63755856
Fuck off Disney intern.

All three OT films function well as individual films. This sunk squarely into the prequel trap of leaving too many open ends to sell a comic, videogame, novel, cartoon, toy, etc with.
>>
File: 1450361941177.jpg (304 KB, 699x1211) Image search: [Google]
1450361941177.jpg
304 KB, 699x1211
I've already seen this trilogy
>>
>>63755856
Good thread that I won't read
>>
>>63755856
>trilogy with installment having new directoy
trainwreck confirmed
>>
File: lol.webm (1015 KB, 396x800) Image search: [Google]
lol.webm
1015 KB, 396x800
Anyone else love how irrelevant 4chan is to everything?

I mean look at you guys, it's pathetic: you're all fucking obsessed with Star Wars. Except you guys don't even like the movie, you're obsessed with hating it and making sure you spoil the movie for everyone and tell everyone you meet how awful it is. It's like the one edgy 14 year old who tries his hardest to ruin everyone elses' fun however he can (except no one actually cares about him and it's all just a poor attempt at gaining attention). The sad thing is you guys are probably at least 20 and still doing the same bullshit. I guess 4chan is where edgy nerds go to settle down.

The one thing that makes me happiest about this movie is that no matter how much losers you guys cry, moan, bitch or whine about how awful it is, no one else on the planet is going to care. People will either watch the movie and like it, or just not watch it and continue actually having a life; only 4chan gets drawn into the sheer hatred and vitriol like no one else. Disney's going to make billions of dollars, Boyega is gonna fuck white women, Abrams is going to be considered a legend, every kid on the planet is getting Star Wars shit for Christmas and everyone is going to watch Episode VIII and IX.

And at the end of the day, none of you fucking people matter. It's great.
>>
>>63755856
Fuck off nigger.

A New Hope was a complete movie, if only becasue they didn't know that there would be sequels.

A Force Awakens is full of unexplained shit because they want you to see the sequels.

Stop shilling for this movie.
>>
>>63755856

>If every movie was wrapped in a tight little bow with all of your questions answered from the first movie IN the first movie, it wouldn't be a good trilogy as none of the intrigue or mystery would be left for the other two films.

The first one did that quite well. Had a satisfying ending too. The first trailer lied to us and gave us nothing.
>>
>>63755856
>John Boyega was amazing, his and Daisy's (Rey's) chemistry is fantastic.

Boyega was awesome. But he had zero chemistry with Rey. It made no sense that he'd risk fucking everything up for her.
>>
>>63755856
>>63755749
You're an idiot. People aren't complaining that the story was left open-ended. They're complaining about plot holes, plot conveniences, and overall bad writing. The New Hope is in fact a poor example, since that movie did conclude wrapped up with a bow, because they didn't know yet that it was going to be a trilogy. The original trilogy does of course have plot holes and bad writing, and they're no more excusable there than they are in this movie.
>>
>>63757485
You sound mad as fuck lmao.
>>
>>63757485
WHY IS SHE SUCH A FREAKING SLUT?
>>
File: 1447481999533.gif (1 MB, 369x268) Image search: [Google]
1447481999533.gif
1 MB, 369x268
>>63757485
>I mean look at you guys, it's pathetic: you're all fucking obsessed with Star Wars. Except you guys don't even like the movie, you're obsessed with hating it and making sure you spoil the movie for everyone and tell everyone you meet how awful it is. It's like the one edgy 14 year old who tries his hardest to ruin everyone elses' fun however he can (except no one actually cares about him and it's all just a poor attempt at gaining attention). The sad thing is you guys are probably at least 20 and still doing the same bullshit.

I'm on the floor, this shit is gold
>>
>>63757525
he wants that white pussy that's literally it.
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 504x566) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 504x566
>>63757485
>$0.25 has been deposited in your account
>>
>>63755856
I thought it was really good. A few nods to the original movies, but it all just felt fun to watch. I think it's better than the prequels, which probably was a low bar anyway.

I thought Kylo and Finn were the standouts of the new cast. Kylo struggling and being tempted by the light was interesting and he feels like a better Anakin, where Anakin went from being upset he helped kill Windu to suddenly murdering children without a second thought, Kylo is struggling. I thought that was pretty cool. And Finn is well written, I thought. Kind of like a Clone arc from The Clone Wars series, having issues with what he's required to do so he deserts the First Order.
The only problems I had in the movie was Rey suddenly beating Kylo Ren and suddenly being super-force strong, and Phasma being absolutely nothing.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.