[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fargo S2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
File: consultation.webm (2 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
consultation.webm
2 MB, 720x480
So we all agree it was solid, but went downhill in the last two episodes, right?
>>
>>63750884
Yes, but it wasn't a sharp decline until the last 10 minutes of episode 10.
It had some weak writing in some karts but overall it was better than season 1.
>>
Yeah it was much better then s1 before the last 2-3 episodes
>>
It's simple to comprehand, has great style and atmospere. Very enjoyable.
>>
I found it pretty similar to season 1: great start, excellent middle, weak final episodes riddled with plot holes and stupid character decisions meant only to advance the plot
>>
I think the ending will age well given time and when we can piece the entire series as a conjoined story, especially if S3 fills in a lot of the gaps and subtleties with the Fargo syndicate and Kansas City.

Hopefully S3 will be good.
>>
It has that autistic vibe to it, don't you think?
>>
i watched the last 5 episodes today, i fucking loved it. last couple of episodes were a little too violent but it was a great ending still.
>>
>>63750884
Friendly remminder that if you didn't like episode 9 ending you're a pleb and you should leave now.
>>
>>63750884
Episodes 6-8 having overlapping timeframes created a bit of a slog. You can do that when you have 20-26 episodes a season, at 10 episodes it's blowing precious time.
Episode 9 was fine, people complain about the ayyys but it was already an ayyy story.
Episode 10 was maybe a little anticlimactic, the whole series was leading up to the Massacre at Sioux Falls so naturally the episode after that wasn't going to feel like a payoff. The reveal about Hanzee was retarded, Tripoli wasn't a memorable character in season 1 for the reveal to be impactful at all. Some people thought not seeing the gerhardt daughter die on screen meant she was allowed to leave, I didn't think so but if the show had left that ambiguous those people wouldn't be as assmad. Sheriff Becker should have been doing witchcraft to try to cure his daughter's cancer, not working on an emoticon project. It also creates an open question why we saw the matching symbols on the wall of the bar Hanzee shot up.
>>
>Hank doesn't go back to check on Peggy

Never seen a show go from 9/10 to absolute shit in one fell swoop like that.
>>
>>63750884
Hating the last 2 episodes is irrefutable proof that you're a pleb. The final scene for Hanzee was a little retarded though.
>>
>>63753205
What? He was getting out of bed to go back to their room when the shootout began.
>>
>adaption of the myth of sisyphus
>/tv/ gets mad when the rock rolls back to the bottom of the mountain at the end

poetry
>>
>>63753111
>It also creates an open question why we saw the matching symbols on the wall of the bar Hanzee shot up.

He was lying to his Lou and cancerfu about his emoticons. He's actually an alien, but he didn't want to blow his cover.
>>
>>63753336
I'd be happier with that than the cold realization that they were inserted there just to create some intrigue after seeing them in the last episode, and that there is no narrative reason for them to be there.
>>
>Hanzee is Tripoli
>Fargo fanboys are actually defending this

Not even Nic Pizza went full retard like that
>>
My issue with the last two episodes stem from two sources: Hanzee and the aliens.

Hanzee being some nobody in the first few episodes rising up to be the season's big bad is totally fine. Cool even. And having him kill off the last few Gerhardt's is certainly a tidy way of getting rid of them before the last episode. My issue is that by having him kill Floyd and Bear before we lose all the cool progress we'd seen with those two characters. We don't get to see Floyd confront Bear for killing Simone. We don't get to see Bear's reaction when he realizes Dodd is dead. They just die, two more loose ends unceremoniously snipped by Hanzee (with some help from Lou).

The aliens would have been better if they had talked about them more in episode 10. Reflected on them. But they basically just say "that happened lol". And the interviews with Hawley made it seem like he just wanted to shock people and make them mad.
>>
>>63750884
>memes

it was 10/10 from the beginning till the end. SOme people just can't get over 2 simple facts:

1. last episode was more of an epilogue, also not every character arc has to end with shooting, explosions and ayys. Think: Sopranos.

2. Ayys didn't matter. Nothing really matters as long as after all you're still able to sit donw with you're family and get comfy.
Hanzee getting "tripoli'd" was a bit underwhelming, but it cannot change the fact, that I loved this season.
>>
>>63753491
That was the whole point of the ayylmao sub plot. You think there's going to be some epic reveal or at least a rationalization but there never is. They're there and gone. Everyone agrees to just keep quiet because nobody would believe them anyway.
>>
>>63753111
>Some people thought not seeing the gerhardt daughter die on screen meant she was allowed to leave
those people are retarded, bear literally tells her they are no longer a family. she wasn shown in the last episode only as part of the recap of where each character ended up, which is basically what that episode is, it shows the aftermath

i don't get why people are mad about the hanzee reveal, it gives a nice conclusion to his character
>>
>>63753546
but he did tho
>>
all episodes until 10 were great, the ayylien shit was actually quite good and you could interpret it how you wanted just like the supernatural shit from season 1
10 started off great with the chase scene and meme milligan killing that jew kid that worked for the gerthards but then it went stupid
>hanzee turns into a fat white jew
only meme milligan really got an ending that was good but hanzee, they could have literally done anything from making him work for Kansas City to making his own empire to working for the fat jew from season 1 but NO

overall 9/10 (great season except shitty ending) but season 3 looks like shit since its going to be all about #selfie shit and instagram
>>
>>63753682
its not the ayys or the calm ending, i actually don't mind the calm ending

it's the fact a native american can somehow turn into a white jew in 1979
>>
>>63750884
Stick to the Wire and kids shows of that like, if you don't understand grown-ups television. I hear Five-O is a cool cop show with lots of crime and gangsters and gunfights and car chases.
>>
>>63753682
i think it's kinda implied that the ayys willingly started the whole thing making that guy step into the road and get peggy involved.

>>63753561
>We don't get to see Floyd confront Bear for killing Simone. We don't get to see Bear's reaction when he realizes Dodd is dead.
>baahh this show doesn't show me exactly what i want
>>
>>63753682
Nobody has a problem with episode 10 being an epilogue you idiot, the problem is the forced connections to season 1 that were completely unnecessary and came from nowhere

>oh look we turned Hanzee into a guy who was on screen for 2 minutes in season 1
>oh look Cancerwife can see the future and neither her nor Hank die
>hey guys look Hank invented emjois, get it? get it yet guys?

I didn't have a problem with Mr. Wrench and Mr. Numbers though, it seemed a lot less contrived than using Hanzee to give the fatman a hamfisted backstory
>>
>>63753805
>>63753546
Hanzee isnt the same tripoli as in season 1. The baldy who gave him the nametag is
>>
>>63753867
No, it's Hanzee. He even uses the same lines.
>>
>>63753699
>badass native murder spree psycho
>becomes white guy
>becomes mob boss
>After EXPLICITLY STATING "I want to leave this life behind"
>name of boss from s1 is never mentioned on screen, you have to read the fan wiki to even understand it

It wasn't a nice conclusion, it was dogshit. Makes sense on zero levels and literally anything would have been better.
>>
>>63753699
>it gives a nice conclusion to his character
If we hadn't seen Tripoli in season 1, and hadn't killed him, I'd be happy with the conclusion for Hanzee going on to recruit some toughs of his and create his own empire. In fact I wasn't unhappy about it until I saw the memes explaining it.
But Tripoli was a weird out of place scene in season 1. I remember thinking it was a misstep back then, and didn't remember the line of dialogue that Hanzee was calling back to. Hanzee's someone we could have seen return years later as the series went on, or if Tripoli lived then maybe we could have gotten him developed more and then gotten a reveal that he's Hanzee all along. What we got was a disappointment.
>>
Milligan scene at the office is priceless.
I bet half of the season was led up to this moment.
>>
>>63750884
>mid-season mad hype
>surprised that "resolutions" are not your thing

you did this to yourself. proof that autists can bitch all they want, but real artists can work on doing things properly, like ending an excellent story without fucking fireworks and GOAT scenes
>>
>>63753895
>mfw Milligan achieved nothing
>the Gerhardts destroyed themselves
>>
>>63753867
That doesn't seem to be the case, but it would be nice if they retcon that to be true next season.
>>
>>63753822
You don't think it seems a little lazy to build up drama with characters and then kill them off with, quite literally, no explanation given?
>>
>>63753926
>the Gerhardts destroyed themselves
wtf that's actually what was happening the entire season.
They literally had it, they've won the war.
>>
>>63753887
>>63753957
The bald guy just looks exactly like him. Or am i retarded?
>>
File: ayy lmao fargo.png (321 KB, 665x327) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao fargo.png
321 KB, 665x327
>>63753867
well then they've defiantly made a mistake there then

season 1 mr. tripoli looks much younger
>>
>>63754014
>they've won the war

how?
>>
>>63753890
>>63753889
i remembered the phrase "dead. all of them dead" or whatever it was from that scene in s1, i thought it was a good twist and conclusion for him
>>
>>63754038
I guess im bad with faces. Or the producers are bad with casting baldies
>>
>>63754164
i seriously think that season 1 mr. tripoli is just a relative of the season 2 baldie and hanzee is just like a high ranking member in the shadows
>>
>>63754027
Yes he does, you're not wrong at looking at the faces, but apparently Hanzee takes the identity of Tripoli, uses the same line he does and we see him recruiting who we assume are Wrench and Numbers. So all other signs point to Hanzee getting intense reconstructive surgery and turning into someone who looks a lot like the guy who sets it up for him.
There's maybe some room to correct this and for Hawley to say that was never Hanzee and was just misdirecting us.
>>
>>63754038
>season 1 mr. tripoli looks much younger

>what is Just for Men?
>>
what's with indian killing children and shit?
>>
File: vlcsnap-4722-11-22-23h13m09s021.png (738 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-4722-11-22-23h13m09s021.png
738 KB, 1280x720
>>63754275
he may not kill them, only stab them a bit

so did he did what he did because the ayys told him to? it's implied that he was abducted here for 2 hours
>>
>>63750884
Last one was weak, 9 was great. Connection between s1 and s2 are good when is come to cops family but hanzee becoming a fat crime lord doesn't make a fucking sence it's sad.
>>
>two deaf kids become Mr Numbers and Mr Wrench

Fuck I'm dumb. Completely forgot about them.
>>
File: the-man-who-wasnt-there.jpg (45 KB, 480x236) Image search: [Google]
the-man-who-wasnt-there.jpg
45 KB, 480x236
The Fargo series should more accurately be called a Pastiche of the Coen Bros.
>>
File: here.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
here.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
can someone tell me the name of the music they have been using in season 2, the one playing on episode 4, 9 minutes in for example.

im literally retarded and cant find it.
>>
>>63757313
http://www.tunefind.com/show/fargo/season-2/25279
>>
shit show for plebs desu
>>
>>63757462

is it supposed to be one of those listed ? i aint finding shit.
>>
>>63753839
>oh look we turned Hanzee into a guy who was on screen for 2 minutes in season 1
so? It was kinda stupid, but that's the only thing. You can still assume, that guy on a bench took this ID and Hanzee is actually somewhere in a jungle.

>oh look Cancerwife can see the future and neither her nor Hank die
Did you even watch this fucking episode? There was no hand, nor her in that dream. She sees Molly growing up with Lou, and Lou alone. It was pretty emotional and actually gave us the answer if she'll fight off cancer or not.

>hey guys look Hank invented emjois, get it? get it yet guys?
what? explain pls.I might have missed it.
>>
i thought is was all over the place, but the last second hanzee shit was literally retarded

>so many questions about the gerhardts
>so many questions about everything

the only thing i can imagine is that from the opening for ep 9, the whole season is supposed to be molly's interpretation of what happened, thus the ufo from her drawing being used to fill in things she can't explain and specific examples like Bear actually looking like a bear.
>>
>>63757843
That piece is part of the OST. Wait for the release senpai
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.