[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RLM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
How instrumental was this guy in the universal hatred towards the Prequels.

I feel like everyone kind of didn't like it, but didn't know why. But Plinkett was the first to put it into words, why the series didn't work.
>>
>>63750303
THATS A REALLY BIG PICTURE OP
>>
>>63750342
for you.
>>
File: 1445207866022.jpg (2 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1445207866022.jpg
2 MB, 5000x5000
>>63750342
>>
>>63750303
If they are going to shill TFA I will never take them seriously again.
TFA is probably worse than the prequels at their worst.
>>
>>63750303
That's kind of exactly it. Nobody really liked the prequels, but RLM articulated what was wrong with them

>>63750460
Here's your response
>>
>>63750460

I am pretty sure they will shill TFA actually. Everything they have said so far indicates they will. They are hacks.
>>
>>63750460
It's bad, but they'll most likely think it's mediocre or "okay", as most people did.
But you're right, if they praise it too much I might reconsider watching their stuff, them praising shitty movies happened a few too many times over the last few months
>>
Jar Jar was near absent from star wars 2 & 3 due to public backlash. The hate was already there.
>>
>>63750460
I think they will like it.

But i'll be very suprised if they love it (except for Mike who's a big fanboy).
>>
I didn't really hate the prequels before I watched his movies

Like I didn't think they were good but I didn't mind them
>>
>>63750303
The prequels were really popular with most people until his vicious reviews
>>
these guys are scum
>>
>>63750460
They will say that they liked it and thought that it was good, only because they want to save face due to the fact that they said that JJ would be a good director for the sequels.
>>
>>63750303
Pretty.

Most people are followers and will go with a crowd. People were told that the prequels were successful movies so they thought they were good and only manchild nerds got super mad about them. Then Plinkett comes around and does a takedown that lays out every single problem with Episode I and suddenly opinion shifts on the prequels dramatically.

The same thing is going to happen to Episode VII (and probably VIII and IX too) in 10 years.
>>
>>63750303
everyone thought the prequels were mediocre or alright and then this guy came in with his memes and autistic arguments that apply to any movie and now everyone just applies this meme instead of independent thought and perspective
>>
The Phantom Menace made a billion dollars
>>
What happened to mr. plinklett's right leg?
>>
>>63751542
>The same thing is going to happen to Episode VII (and probably VIII and IX too) in 10 years.

a month at most
>>
File: graceface.jpg (20 KB, 310x348) Image search: [Google]
graceface.jpg
20 KB, 310x348
>>63751597
>independent thought and perspective

show me some, master!
>>
the gungans were my favorite
>>
>>63750460
They are getting a LOT of money to shill it. I know a guy who used to intern for their company (RLM) and said Disney was in talks with them for high 6 figures to guerilla market the new trilogy, with big bonuses based on social media presence. Yeah its hearsay or whatever, but I trust this guy he has no reason to lie, stable job no grudge.
>>
File: fatfuckpepe.png (13 KB, 350x444) Image search: [Google]
fatfuckpepe.png
13 KB, 350x444
>>63751692
Diabeetus
>>
>>63751114

This is bullshit. When Revenge of the Sith came out, people were touting it as actually being good because the previous two movies were regarded as being terrible.
>>
>>63751971
Here's your reply.
>>
>>63751971
Can confirm, my dad works for Disney
>>
>>63751931
right? I thought the underwater scene and the gungan city were all magical. I loved how the prequels expanded the universe and gave us all these new aliens. Podracing was an excellent addition too. Darth Maul was cool, the robot lizard guy was meh but Dooku was a goat villain. I didn't notice any of the 'camera' or 'direction' problems until I watched those biased reviews.
>>
>>63751971

My dad works for Nintendo and just confirmed Half Life 3. I trust the guy, he has no reason to lie, stable job, no grudge.
>>
>>63752075
Jokes on you. My dad is Mickey Mouse.

That's why I got this gargantuan ears, but at least I got the cool kid role in TFA.
>>
>>63750460
I think at least Rich won't like it that much, he said he was hoping it wouldn't be a New Hope story beat for beat, which is what it basically is.
>>
>>63752080
they had funny voices
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.