[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were they right? Is it a rehash of ANH?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: QFjbw0T.jpg (219 KB, 1300x683) Image search: [Google]
QFjbw0T.jpg
219 KB, 1300x683
Were they right? Is it a rehash of ANH?
>>
>>63747049

They were spot on in most regards, but then again anyone who knew about extended universe were.
>>
>>63747049
They were mostly wrong. And they were also wrong about how bad it's going to be.
>>
>>63747049
It was a shitty copy of ANH.
>>
>>63748417
>it starts with a desert planet and has a death starts trench run so its a copy, fuck everything else
>>
>>63747565
Elaborate please
>>
>>63747512
>>63747565
never change
>>
Ahh yes, Reddit Letter Media!
The movie "critics" for people who don't really watch movies because they are "too busy" playing video games and watching animu.

But hey, LE STAR WARS PREQUELS SUCK XDDD right?
>>
File: star wars ivii.jpg (300 KB, 699x1211) Image search: [Google]
star wars ivii.jpg
300 KB, 699x1211
>>63748472
>>
File: 133468685467.jpg (5 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
133468685467.jpg
5 KB, 184x184
>>63748574
>tfw dont play video games and never watched anime
>watched nearly 850 movies this year alone
>still watch RLM
>>
>>63748608
hello reddit
>>
>>63748608
>nearly 850 movies this year alone

Hello Liar! I'm an avid cinephile, and I barely manage to watch more than 75 - 100 movies I've never seen before in a year. And that's almost a new movie every three days. You are telling me you watch in average, more than two unique films, each fucking day? Yeah... Nah.
>>
This is literally JUST the type of rehash I was expecting, it’s nothing but a glib facsimile.

If Star Wars was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you’d realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that’s just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It’s not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it’s also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won’t do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you’ll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Star Wars looks like it’s something for little kids
>>
Reddit get the fuck out!!!!!!!! Stupid fucking fags

Ree
>>
>>63748592
This one always shuts them up
>>
>>63748608
>>63748608
>nearly 850 movies this year alone

Hello Liar! I'm an avid cinephile, and I barely manage to watch more than 75 - 100 movies I've never seen before in a year. And that's almost a new movie every three days. You are telling me you watch in average, more than two unique films, each fucking day? Yeah... Nah, only way for this to be true, is if you literally, just started watching movies, and lived in the Amazon your whole life.
>>
hi im from reddit
>>
File: 1450376947786.jpg (42 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1450376947786.jpg
42 KB, 409x409
>>63748736
>You are telling me you watch in average, more than two unique films, each fucking day?

Easiest shit ever

It's the joys of being NEET
>>
>>63748592
wait is this correct ?
>>
>>63748697
not me, but that shit aint hard man. I average about two a week for the last few years. It's less than 1% of your week.
>>
>>63748592
>rey never meets lor San tekka
>no cousin reveal
>han and chewie don't help them escape the desert planet
>>
>>63748843
yes, its a painfully lazy remake
>>
>>63748697
You're on /tv/, the average user doesn't have a job
>>
>>63748697
>>63748736
Kill yourself, normalscum.
>>
Anh~
>>
>DUDE THE NEW STAR WARS IS ORIGINAL!!!

The OT wasn't even original you dumb fucking video game players. The new one was obviously always going to be a repurposing of elements from the OT. You are a moron if you didn't figure that out before you even saw it.

Most blockbusters are generic. Why are you so dumb you though this would be any different? God some of you are stupid.
>>
>>63748644
ur gay, stupid
>>
FRIENDLY REMINDER to downvote the movie into oblivion on all major review sites. spread this
>>
>>63748736
>I barely manage to watch more than 75 - 100 movies I've never seen before in a year

>these are the people that you discuss films with
>>
>>63749302
your gay
>>
File: Mike.webm (450 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Mike.webm
450 KB, 640x360
>>63748574
>>
>>63748702

>REY = NAUSICAA
>>
>>63749002
not being a neet is the most reddit thing you can do
>>
>>63751547
didn't say I wasn't average myself
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.