[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Supes and Zod ends up fighting in space coming from metropolis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: man of steel.jpg (696 KB, 2203x1996) Image search: [Google]
man of steel.jpg
696 KB, 2203x1996
>Supes and Zod ends up fighting in space coming from metropolis
>few seconds later
>they land on metropolis
>from fucking space

did supes even try to keep Zod away from people? especially fucking metropolis? also what the fuck is up with that kissing scene at the end? who thought that was a good idea?
>>
>>63744160
>BALD OFF, ZOD
>>
>>63744160

It is a well known fact that this movie is shit
>>
>>63744524

UUUU
>>
>>63744160
>>they land on metropolis
>>from fucking space
Zod was the one that pushed them back to earth, you see him punching the shit out of Clark's face as they are all enveloped with fire as they re entered the atmosphere.
Clark turned the tables as they where re entering the city so Zod took the brunt of the impact.

>did supes even try to keep Zod away from people?
In Smallville he grabbed Faora and leaped hard to drag her out of town and Non tackled them both down.
He later Punched non into the train yard, which is not ideal but it still got him out of main street where most people would be.

And in Metropolis when he let loose with the full power punches high above the city, he took Zod to the very edge of the down town when Zod swerved back in.

> also what the fuck is up with that kissing scene at the end?
They were both almost torn apart atom by atom in a black fucking hole mere seconds before, they kissed out of a need for comfort and stability. They were literally shaking as they embraced. The quip post/mid kiss was ill advised I will concede.

>>63744524
>It is a well known fact that this movie is shit
No and this is not a valid reason for why it could be considered bad, the entire point of the film is to show a realistic Superman who is not a mary sue that can do everything perfectly.
>>
File: kuyftguyvt.jpg (72 KB, 1253x550) Image search: [Google]
kuyftguyvt.jpg
72 KB, 1253x550
>>63744160
>>63745295
>>63745455
>And in Metropolis when he let loose with the full power punches high above the city, he took Zod to the very edge of the down town when Zod swerved back in.
See Picture, past the 3 buildings in red you can see no more skyscrapers in the distance.
>>
File: rytjryfyj.jpg (60 KB, 1097x552) Image search: [Google]
rytjryfyj.jpg
60 KB, 1097x552
>>63744160
>>63745295
> Zod was the one that pushed them back to earth, you see him punching the shit out of Clark's face as they are all enveloped with fire as they re entered the atmosphere.
See Picture...
>>
>>63745534
I have to say, fuck they are fast, that has to be at least mach 200.
>>
File: yuku6ykgf6u.jpg (24 KB, 815x544) Image search: [Google]
yuku6ykgf6u.jpg
24 KB, 815x544
>>63744160
>>63745295
> n Smallville he grabbed Faora and leaped hard to drag her out of town and Non tackled them both down.
See Picture...
>>
>>63745295
>>63745489
>>63745534
>>63745579
OP... BY THE WAY...
>>
>>63745295
>They were both almost torn apart atom by atom in a black fucking hole mere seconds before, they kissed out of a need for comfort and stability. They were literally shaking as they embraced. The quip post/mid kiss was ill advised I will concede.
Nah, it was forced as fuck because Superman need it a love interest. The fucking Paramedic doesn't kiss you after saving your ass
>>
>>63746492
>The fucking Paramedic doesn't kiss you after saving your ass
He might if your the only person on this earth he has had to trust his life and identity with besides his own parents and your willing to throw away the biggest story in reporter history and go to jail possibly to keep his secret...
>>
>>63745295
>No and this is not a valid reason for why it could be considered bad, the entire point of the film is to show a realistic Superman who is not a mary sue that can do everything perfectly.

Wrong buddy. this movie was made with a script of nolan, so it was suppose to show Superman like a symbol, and Nolan was against the final fight because he found it like a waste of time and unnecesary, but Snyder and Goyer wanted action, and this not only ruins part of the image they are painting around Clark(DUDE JESUS LMAO) but also there's no excuse for that except a "big" climax.
This movie is a contradiction, Space Dad spends most of his time telling Clark to became the bridge between two people, and he even begs Zod to not destroy the earth, because the two worlds can co-exist, meanwhile Clark does exactly the same but against his race.
>>63746557
>He might if your the only person on this earth he has had to trust his life
Dude, the first moment she is able to publish about Superman she is stop by Perry Black and she leaks the information, and is not until Clark tells her about what Pa Kent did she stops

>and identity with besides his own parents and your willing to throw away the biggest story in reporter history and go to jail possibly to keep his secret...
Which didn't even matter because the alien invasion happen, and the knowledge of Superman for know for anybody at that time, he could dissapear again, he even says that to Lois when they met again.
again, kissing in the middle of the destruction of the city is forced, people after accident are usually calmed by other forms, not by kissing them.
>>
Because them punching each other through buildings looks cooler than just throwing each other around a desert
>>
>>63746643
>so it was suppose to show Superman like a symbol
No he is shown as a symbol to the world and what he has the potential to be, the point of this incarnation is he is not a perfect savior yet, but he still goes out and tries his best.
That is fucking relatable, that shows hardship and the will do do what is right, someone like classic Superman who has no burden whatsoever in doing the right thing and always knowing what is right or wrong is not relatable.

> and Nolan was against the final fight because he found it like a waste of time and unnecessary
> there's no excuse for that except a "big" climax.
The #1 complaint about Superman returns being no action is very big reason why it was needed/wanted...

> and this not only ruins part of the image they are painting around Clark(DUDE JESUS LMAO)
He saves 7 billion lives twice, how the god damn fuck is him fighting to accomplish that ruin ANYTHING???

> Space Dad spends most of his time telling Clark to became the bridge between two people, and he even begs Zod to not destroy the earth, because the two worlds can co-exist, meanwhile Clark does exactly the same but against his race.
Yes because... apparently your delusional ass thinks Zod being unreasonable and genocidal is Clark's fault...
Blood is fucking irrelevant, he was raised with and by humans, THEY are his race, especially when their is 7-8 Billion human lives at stake and only 20 or so Kryptonian Lives currently at stake, yes their is potential lives at stack, but the living takes priority over people who do not exist yet.

> Dude, the first moment she is able to publish about Superman she is stop by Perry Black and she leaks the information, and is not until Clark tells her about what Pa Kent did she stops
Yes... exactly my point, they now have mutual trust.

> Which didn't even matter because the alien invasion happen
Yes it did...
She says "didn't make much difference in the end"
He responds with "It did to me!"
Pay attention.
>>
>>63744160
The happens to fall in Metropolis thing happens all the time because whatever event is occurring the people of the major city that's connected to the main character is supposed to be more dramatic ( I must fight to protect my home) this case Smallville and Metropolis which is more Lanes and the Daily Bugles Home). Look at where the world ships landed after they separated one was Metropolis and the other the middle of nowhere They don't even bother making up some small town that's being directly affected by the terraforming like Metropolis because it's secondary and you're not even meant to care.It's off on the otherside of the world FUCK'EM (Every one gives Snyder shit for his heavy handed christian imagery however no one notices this subtle jab at American culture and it's indifference to the suffering that goes on beyond it's shores,Bravo Snyder). But my excuse for it is that Superman hadn't been a major hero yet so he didn't think it through while falling as this was his first real fight and the Fight with Faora showed how inexperienced he was, relying mainly on his power and better knowledge of his powers to get any advantage.
>>
>>63746658
>Because them punching each other through buildings looks cooler than just throwing each other around a desert
This and it also adds more gravity to the senario as people are in danger from the fight the longer it goes on.
Plus Clark did not actually Punch Zod thru almost any buildings. That was all him getting shoved around.
>>
>>63746933
>Every one gives Snyder shit for his heavy handed christian imagery
Which is a fucking autistic and retarded reaction.
Said imagery is the one cross post and the church scene which was a great moment of him getting a human opinion on what he should do.
>>
>>63746914
>No he is shown as a symbol to the world and what he has the potential to be, the point of this incarnation is he is not a perfect savior yet, but he still goes out and tries his best.
He is not a saviour, he is just a dude trying to do the right thing, and he fails to do it right. But trying to do that meanwhile you're chosing to show superman like a symbol don't go hand to hand, the man who always finds a way against the man who can't save everyone.
>The #1 complaint about Superman returns being no action is very big reason why it was needed/wanted...
So doing more action is right because the other movie lacked from it? I mean, I know this is a superman film, but after the fight in metropolis and the battle in the city before Zod why do you need more? Why not send Zod to the phantom zone like it was in the script, and show an imperfect superman that still is going to try his best.
>He saves 7 billion lives twice, how the god damn fuck is him fighting to accomplish that ruin ANYTHING???
Saving lives is not the saving like being Jesus, and it's stupid they use an image like that for him if anything he is more similar to Moses. Jesus surrended and accepted his destiny, and Clark does, until he fights against Zod and kill him. It doesn't work, again if you compared with Moses the analogy would actually work.
>Yes because... apparently your delusional ass thinks Zod being unreasonable and genocidal is Clark's fault...
So the man trying to sacrifice one race to save his people is someone different to Clark destroying his race to save his new people?
You seem delusional here if you don't see the irony in the event
>Blood is fucking irrelevant, he was raised with and by humans, THEY are his race, especially when their is 7-8 Billion human lives at stake and only 20 or so Kryptonian Lives currently at stake,
there wasn't 20 or something, it was a made to rebuild krypton again. I will continue.
>>
>>63746914
>Blood is fucking irrelevant, he was raised with and by humans, THEY are his race, especially when their is 7-8 Billion human lives at stake and only 20 or so Kryptonian Lives currently at stake, yes their is potential lives at stack, but the living takes priority over people who do not exist yet.
Like I said I will continue. Space Dad spends most of his time talking about how important his life, and how Clark should join the two worlds, not sacrifice one to save the other, which was what Zod wanted in the first place. Clark sacrificed his whole race, which even zod begs him to not do it(just like Jor El did).
>Yes... exactly my point, they now have mutual trust.
just like the people from his town, or his friends, or his fathers. Clark secret is shared for others. I don't see how trusting your secret means kissing them in the middle of destruction for comfort.
>He responds with "It did to me!"
>Pay attention.
You realize Clark is just one person and not the entire world, do you.
For Clark it was he could trust her, not about a changing world event.
>>
>>63747036
>Said imagery is the one cross post and the church scene which was a great moment of him getting a human opinion on what he should do.

I hated the church scene and the need for the church scene. And it was needed, because there was so little that connected Clark to the world or gave him any reason to fight for it. In my Opinion if they had just made this about a man trying to protect his mother after his failure to act before cost the life of his Father this would have been a extremely better scenario than counseling from a priest when no previous scene showed the family having any deep seated religious beliefs. Because hey they're from Kansas and and heart of the earth mid-westerners go to church.
>>
>>63747036
>Said imagery is the one cross post and the church scene which was a great moment of him getting a human opinion on what he should do.
and all the moments he opens his arms like Jesus in the cross, or the subtle moment of Clark saying- I should turn down and surrender against Zod so humanity could like, with an image of Jesus behind him in Gethsemane which is where Jesus goes to ask advice to his father because he is afraid of dying.
>>
>>63745295
>They were both almost torn apart atom by atom in a black fucking hole mere seconds before, they kissed out of a need for comfort and stability. They were literally shaking as they embraced.

Also it's been proven that high pressure situations can make people more likely to fall in love.
>>
>>63747309
>Also it's been proven that high pressure situations can make people more likely to fall in love.
Yeah, but I'm pretty sure meanwhile they drag your ass from a earthquake, you're not going to kiss the person in the mouth. There's emotional support sure, it's really different from that. I took a Paramedic course, and believe me, we don't kiss a woman to calm her.
>>
>>63747390
Not the guy you're talking to but believe me, you save my life...you're getting some tongue.
>>
>>63747114
>and he fails to do it right
The 7 Billion he saved twice say otherwise.
>But trying to do that meanwhile you're chosing to show superman like a symbol don't go hand to hand, the man who always finds a way against the man who can't save everyone.
They are not trying to show him as someone who can save everyone, just someone who does save people, a savior, being one does not equal being a perfect god that can do anything.
> So doing more action is right because the other movie lacked from it?
Yes it is what a large amount of people want to see in a Superman film.
> but after the fight in metropolis and the battle in the city before Zod why do you need more?
Their was no fight in metropolis before the final Zod vs Superman fight. Their was just the Fight between him, Faora and Non in Smallville.
> and show an imperfect superman that still is going to try his best
That is what they showed.
> Jesus surrended and accepted his destiny, and Clark does, until he fights against Zod and kill him
What do you mean UNTIL? How the fuck does he stop being a savior/hero just because he has to fight and kill to save said people?
>So the man trying to sacrifice one race to save his people is someone different to Clark destroying his race to save his new people?
Because the first person is going to kill Billions for people that do not exist currently.
Krypton does not need to be resurrected right NOW, they could go and spend 50 years looking for another habitable planet, and then come back and fuck up earth if that is a lost cause. There is no reason Zod needs to teraform earth now.
>>
>>63747560
that's we wear gloves and masks. Usually people hurt or in problems are not exactly in the best emotional form, and you need to know how to act with people like that.
>>
>>63747114
>and how Clark should join the two worlds, not sacrifice one to save the other, which was what Zod wanted in the first place. Clark sacrificed his whole race, which even zod begs him to not do it(just like Jor El did).
Because he did not have a fucking choice.
If he did not take down the scout ship then it would take out the military plane, which was the last chance for them to take out the black zero and if the black zero is not taken out, the Kryptonians could rebuild the world engine or they could just overrun and kill the entire human race by hand.
>>
>>63747265
>because there was so little that connected Clark to the world or gave him any reason to fight for it
Becuase he was a morally good person, you don't have to know and trust large numbers of people to think they deserve to live and be protected.

> than counseling from a priest when no previous scene showed the family having any deep seated religious beliefs
He isn't religious that the film showed on any way, he was just going to someone he felt was a good moral human being he could trust.
>>
>>63747621
>The 7 Billion he saved twice say otherwise.
You realize he brought the invasion on the first place?
Even Zod mentions how they found Earth thanks to the signal Clark sended without even knowing, he cleaned the mess he did on the first place. He failed to save everyone sure, but did something
>They are not trying to show him as someone who can save everyone, just someone who does save people, a savior, being one does not equal being a perfect god that can do anything.
Then why is he painted like Jesus, it doesn't work, he is just a man with gifts trying to do the right thing.
>Yes it is what a large amount of people want to see in a Superman film.
More action doesn't equal a better movie, Sucker Punch is a movie with pure action and was garbage.
>Their was no fight in metropolis before the final Zod vs Superman fight. Their was just the Fight between him, Faora and Non in Smallville.
They fought in metropolis and later superman goes against the ships in metropolis, sometimes less is more.
>That is what they showed.
I don't think so, this superman is a superman full with fear and doubts, insecure. This is not someone trying to do his best, this is someone just doing what he can, don't knowing if is the right thing or not.
>What do you mean UNTIL? How the fuck does he stop being a savior/hero just because he has to fight and kill to save said people?
You ignore the point, the image of Jesus doesn't work, and it's so forced in the movie and contradicted by the movie itself.
>Because the first person is going to kill Billions for people that do not exist currently.
That evil of others doesn't make you good.
>Krypton does not need to be resurrected right NOW, they could go and spend 50 years looking for another habitable planet, and then come back and fuck up earth if that is a lost cause.
There is no reason Zod needs to teraform earth now.Nowhere in the movie they mention a reason why they should terraform earth, and Zod is just a man trying to savehisworld
>>
>>63747718
>Becuase he was a morally good person, you don't have to know and trust large numbers of people to think they deserve to live and be protected.
There's a bit of a gap from helping the people you work with or go to school with. And risking your life for people you don't know and seem to have a core belief that if you exposed your true self in mass would hate you.

>he was just going to someone he felt was a good moral human being he could trust.
Why can he trust him, if he isn't religious what makes him more trustworthy or his opinion more valued than anyone else?
>>
>>63747665
>Because he did not have a fucking choice.
Yes he had a choice, take away the ship from Zod, because that's what matters for zod, instead he destroys the ship.
>If he did not take down the scout ship then it would take out the military plane, which was the last chance for them to take out the black zero and if the black zero is not taken out, the Kryptonians could rebuild the world engine or they could just overrun and kill the entire human race by hand.
The was justtwo world engines, and zod can't build one, they had to get one in the movie, zod also didnt had any choice, to save his world he had to do something horrible like that.
Once again, if you dont see the irony in the events youre beyond help
>>
>>63745295
Yes no one is denying they landed on Earth again you retard but the chances of it happening when they are fighting and not aiming is the criticism. Theres no reason for them to land back in the same place at all, it doesn't make sense.
>>
>>63747621
>Krypton does not need to be resurrected right NOW, they could go and spend 50 years looking for another habitable planet, and then come back and fuck up earth if that is a lost cause. There is no reason Zod needs to teraform earth now.
Tell that to the script, not my fault Goyer didn't think ahead. Because otherwise Zod could fuck off to other planet, but it had to be earth, because you know muh conflict.
>>
>>63747873
> You realize he brought the invasion on the first place?
Irrelevant.
Zod is a fully functional sentient being he made his genocidal choices not Clark.
That's like saying If I leave my yard equipment out were they can be publicly seen it's my mess because they got stolen.
>More action doesn't equal a better movie
It ddoes offen make it more enjoyable than if it was not in the film.
And in the case of MOS it makes it have a larger sense of scope and gravity than any superhero film before it IMO.
> They fought in metropolis and later superman goes against the ships in metropolis, sometimes less is more.
No they did not, there was the Smallville battle, then him fighting the world engine, then him crashing the scout ship, which wasn't a fight really, he just slams into it and eye beams it's internals.
And then the one on one fight with Zod, that's it.
> this superman is a superman full with fear and doubts, insecure.
Which is the entire fucking point. A flawless being is not relatable.
> This is not someone trying to do his best
Yes he was doing his best under the cercumstances.
>don't knowing if is the right thing or not.
Again is exactly the point.
> That evil of others doesn't make you good.
Yes it does when you saving 7 billion living beings from someone willing to kill them all over the potential of a extinct species.
>>63747907
>if he isn't religious what makes him more trustworthy or his opinion more valued than anyone else?
You don't have to believe the Christian god exist to believe his values are right and just.
>>
>>63748266
the Christian god is a fucking asshole. at least in the old testament he is
>>
>>63747944
>Once again, if you dont see the irony in the events youre beyond help
I can vaguely see it, but it's irrelevant as living lives aways takes priority over non existent potential lives which makes Clark morally right.
>>
>>63748266
>Irrelevant
Not at all, the main conflict of the movie is because of that.
>Zod is a fully functional sentient being he made his genocidal choices not Clark.
Same like Clark by chosing to destroy the last hope of his race.
> And in the case of MOS it makes it have a larger sense of scope and gravity than any superhero film before it IMO.
Nah, the dark knight did it better.

>Which is the entire fucking point. A flawless being is not relatable.
The point of this movie was to show Superman like a symbol, and like someone is going to guide humanity and change the world forever, the trailers show this, andthe movie itself makes the characters said all the time.
>Yes it does when you saving 7 billion living beings from someone willing to kill them all over the potential of a extinct species.
It doesn't ,Clark killed his race and did exactly what his father didn't wanted Zod do with the human race. Why can't you see the irony ofthe event, Clark murder the last hope of his species. Clark did exactly what Zod wwas about to do in the first place, Zod beg Clark like Jor el did, Superman murder a rece so another could be saved, just like what Zod had in mind.
Answer this, did Clark destroyed the last hope of Krypton
Yes or no.
>>
>>63748340
>Christian god is a fucking asshole. at least in the old testament he is

Technically that's the Jewish god, Jewish god let his son that he impregnated Mary with without her consent I might add hang on a cross all with nails through his hands and feet all day.
>>
>>63744160
what THE FUCK is wrong with his hairline?
>>
>>63748358
>I can vaguely see it, but it's irrelevant as living lives aways takes priority over non existent potential lives which makes Clark morally right.
It's not, Clark instead of saving his race, and caring about what his space dad told, he murders them, he destroys a whole culture,not only potential lifes, but also everything behind it..
That doesn-t make Clark morally right, it puts him in the same spot Zod is, it would be the same if Clark had the last change of humanity in his hands, and he had to destroy all Krypton to make it live, and zod had to destroy it.
You're putting Superman like a morally right man, because he is protecting earth, but put you in the shoes of Zod and the kryptonians, what if the human were in that situation.
and I find amazing you get that over your head.
>>
>>63748499
>Technically that's the Jewish god, Jewish god let his son that he impregnated Mary with without her consent I might add hang on a cross all with nails through his hands and feet all day.

>missing the point of the life of Jesus this hard.
Beyond help.
>>
Why cant people have discussions on 4chan without copy and pasting what they are replying to? Thats not how conversations work
>>
>>63748684
Since when you are in 4chan.
the conversation are like this since ever.
>>
>>63748621
>missing the point of the life of Jesus this hard.

Yea, To die for our sins
Sent there by a being that is all powerful. All the things an all powerful being could have done to give people an easier path to heaven and he lands on the decision torture my son to death.
>>
>>63748781
>Sent there by a being that is all powerful. All the things an all powerful being could have done to give people an easier path to heaven and he lands on the decision torture my son to death.
>Still missing it
Yep, beyond help
>>
>>63748866
Nice double dubs.
>>
>every fucking superhero film has big battles in cities
>never pay attention to the collateral damage
>film actually includes it and sets it up as a troubling side effect to the hero's actions
>what a terrible film
>>
>>63748977
>film actually includes it and sets it up as a troubling side effect to the hero's actions
Which are, because if I remember all the consequences went to the sequel, and the final scenes of the movie are Metropolis rebuild, and Clark going to work without suffering any problem from killing a man.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.