[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>freaks out over a comrade dying in his arms, thus beginning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
>freaks out over a comrade dying in his arms, thus beginning his spiral towards redemption
>proceeds to casually slaughter hundreds of former comrades roughly 10 minutes later without batting an eye
>>
Niggers gonna nig
>>
Yea felt like they didnt need be so gratuitous about killing all the storm troopers there, a few lads scared away from attacking, or implied casualities would have been mpre tasteful... mind you they just slaughtered a village of women and children...killing the fucking planet ship was a bit over board too...
>>
>>63742438

illuminati
>>
>>63742438
The movie was literally written like a videogame
>>
Yeah, it makes no sense how he was supposedly indoctrinated since he was a child, yet he behaves like he's been drafted last week.
>>
>>63742438
reported for spoilers. enjoy you're ban OP
>>
yeah let's forget starkiller doing what it did. finn is a dick.
>>
>>63742438
I don't think he freaked out because it was a comrade but more like because he realized it was a war and it could happen to him.
It could be any one in his arms in that scene
>>
>>63742611

Yes it does, as he said he was in sanitation on Starkiller.

That mission to Jakku was his first as a Stormtrooper.
>>
>>63742438
This was the biggest hole in the movie for me.

They were people he grew up with, the only thing close to friends he ever had.

It's horribly out of character.
>>
>>63742657
this

he told han, he wasn't really a fighter
>>
>>63742689
So why was he so happy and giggling and practically jizzing his pants while mowing down other troopers?
>>
>>63742438
>No one else could have doubts about this whole first order thing like me.
>It's not like these people were the only social connection I have all this years.
>>
>>63742657
He was indoctrinated into serving the Empire
Everything he knows is how the First Order is righteous
Their indoctrination program must be really shitty.
>>
>>63742611
Yes, and he's got all this charisma and lighthearted humor which he some how developed growing up with the first order
>>
>>63742793
For some reason for Finn they tried to combine the role of C3PO and Han Solo into one character

Actual Han was the Obi-wan
>>
>>63742438
>freaks out over a comrade dying in his arms, thus beginning his spiral towards redemption

That scene served no other purpose than making the audience able to recognise him
>>
>>63742743
fighting to protect his waifu

>almost get blown the fuck up
>first thing he ask her if she was ok

literally happening
>>
Should have just gone with that clone army like Snoke proposed
>>
>>63742438
Yeah, that bothered the hell out of me, his arc should've been completely different, he should've had PSTD or something and tried to escape violence at any expense. He wasn't like "I LOVE REBELS", he just hated killing people
>>
I'll repost this from another thread

>Finn has been indoctrinated as a Stormtrooper since his childhood
>He somehow developped a totally different moral compass on his own
>His arc isn't about being at the wrong place at the wrong time, having to get on board with enemies to save his life, and learning to get past that conditionning when he finally gets to discover the galaxy on his own

Like they could have make him having to to sacrifice himself to kill Poe and he back down because he wants to live and join him, or being put in a situation where everybody thought he was a traitor and tried to kill him so he runs away
>>
>>63742657
So he was a janitor?
>>
>>63742623
it's out already so fuck off
>>
File: Mace Dindu.jpg (73 KB, 580x299) Image search: [Google]
Mace Dindu.jpg
73 KB, 580x299
He should have taken Rey's staff and been the Morgan of the Star Wars universe.
>>
>>63742912

Yep
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 452x325) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 452x325
>>63742778
I feel like the new order is an allegory for North Korea rather than Nazi Germany.
I mean the indoctrination programs, calling Snoke Supreme Leader, their army rallies.
You could easily argue for both I suppose.
>>
>>63743057
>Supreme Leader
More like Supreme Exposition Dialogue Character amirite?
>>
>>63742438
The movie is full of shit like that.
>They destroy like 3 planets that were pro rebellion
>Nobody gives a shit and it doesn't look like it affected the resistance at all
>Han solo dies
>Chewie is the only one who cares
>>
>>63742987

>Rey not using a saber staff

Why even live?
>>
>>63743057
I think it's just generally inspired by real world incarnations of fascism. But yea, North Korea is definitely more relevant today then Nazi Germany so it makes sense they would draw more from it.
>>
>>63743124

This, the movie needed space between the violence and action where the characters and audience could comprehend the gravity of these events. Literally billions of people die in an instant and no one feels a little disturbance in the force like with Alderaan?
>>
>>63744454
that's because JJ abrams is always on cocaine when shooting his movies

same problem happened with into darkness
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.