[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I guarantee you he's the happiest guy in Hollywood right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
I guarantee you he's the happiest guy in Hollywood right now.
Abrams brought back the fans, delivered a fun movie that both critics and the general audience can enjoy, but he also played it incredibly safe, leaving a large hole for a fresh narrative to fill. Now as long as Rian doesn't drop the ball and comes up with a decent new storyline FANS WILL EAT IT UP. He's set up perfectly to capitalize on the reaction to TFA.
>>
I think you mean a glib fascimile
>>
>>63739322
>Delivered a glib fascimilie that both critics and the general audience can enjoy
Better?
>>
Except all the positive reviews are admitting its just a knockoff of ANH, but still going "positive" because "star wars ecksdee"
>>
>>63739600
That's the point. People like it, but it's got a glaring deficiency Rian can fix easy.
>>
>>63739627
By making a knockoff of empire?

Disney is basically doing everything the OT did. Right down to different directors for every installment.
>>
Empire Strikes Back 2: Electric Boogaloo
>>
>>63739770
Rian Johnson is way too offbeat to remake someone else's movie. He'll try to take it somewhere different that we haven't seen before, and even if it ends up shit people would love it for trying.
>>
>>63739804
>Rian Johnson is way too offbeat to remake someone else's movie
but the people who are really in control aren't
>>
>>63739834
there have been other movies where a director has had his own style but as soon as they go mainstream its just generic action movies, like joss whedon with the avengers
>>
>>63739192
I think JJ's movie was regarded as a necessity by Disney, which I get, but the result was obviously very safe. I'm actually excited for Johnson's go at the franchise, he's a great director.

I think Rogue One will be the real indicator of how things will go in the future. If Disney can't put out a movie that has nothing to do with the Skywalkers that isn't filled with callbacks and nostalgia bait then it's over for me.
>>
>leaving a large hole for a fresh narrative to fill
How so? I mean, they already destroyed the death start and Rey proved that she is pretty much stronger than Kylo, meaning any training she would have with Luke is meaningless. Where are they going from here?
>>
>>63739979
SOMEWHERE NEW. Johnson has an entire universe to play with, plus Snoke and the order are still around, he'll come up with something.
>>
it'll just be more ren and luke centric, ala empire

jurassic world hack will bring back the ewoks and jar jar
>>
>>63739891
>hes a great director
>TV
>looper
>TV
>brick

... Brick was terrible and you should feel terrible.
>>
>>63739192
He's a Yes-Man for Disney.
They'll rip off.. eh, i mean pay homage to Empire Strikes Back and do their shit without caring about anything that happened in the Original Trilogy like what the fuck actually happened after they blew Death Star 2 and why in a completely out of character decision would Luke exile himself and probably leave his daughter like that.
>>
The Force Awakens was such a vague placeholder that didn't really commit to anything (either in the choices and spaces between Jedi and "Now" or plot lines going forward) so he's got a fucking massive amount of leeway in how to tell the story too. Couldn't be a better position for him. Not only did J.J. not paint him into any corners, he didn't even choose a color yet.
>>
>>63739979

>Rey is too strong. Starts becoming like a Feminist Anakin

>Luke has to hunt down Ren and re-train him, bring him back to the light side to try and stop her going full Akira.
>>
>>63739891

>isn't filled with callbacks and nostalgia

It's entire premise is a callback and nostalgia.

It's basically going to be a gimmick. What If We Did This Filler Episode In The Style Of Zero Dark Thirty?

It's not even about an important or interesting plot point or characters. It's basically just E.U. fluff.

Even a Boba Fett movie would have been better. Although I guess with The Adventures Of Young Han Solo on the way, we'll see that too.
>>
Looper and Brick are two of my least favourite modern movies but I do hold out some hope he can bring a little of his flair to the second act. Might be interesting provided Disney doesn't have every single scene planned out.
>>
>>63739804
>and even if it ends up shit people would love it for trying

You fuckers, George Lucas did this and you hate him for that. Fucking hypocrites.
>>
>>63740610
the biggest thing GL failed on was hayden, get a good actor for that shit and the moo-vies would be better
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.