[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck? Star wars ending shots ALWAYS end on a centered,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: empire-end-shot.jpg (271 KB, 1440x800) Image search: [Google]
empire-end-shot.jpg
271 KB, 1440x800
What the fuck?
Star wars ending shots ALWAYS end on a centered, somewhat zoomed on scene with the bars on the top and bottom and on a final shot of several characters in the film.

What the fuck happened this time? Why did abrams killed a tradition?
>>
>>63738368
>Why did abrams killed a tradition

the movie was basically a reimagining of a new hope (only i guess timestream shenanigans to explain old luke/han/leia, just like his timestream shenanigans in neo-trek 1). you should be mad that he was so slavishly bound to honoring "tradition"
>>
>with the bars on the top and bottom
Well yeah, just imagine if widescreen was vertical lol
>somewhat zoomed on scene
thats called a medium shot you fucking retard
>>63738467
it is 30 years after jedi you mouth breather
>>
File: time to stop.jpg (24 KB, 346x250) Image search: [Google]
time to stop.jpg
24 KB, 346x250
>A long long time ago in a galaxy far far away
>Ends with them looking at a galaxy from the outside

I always assumed Star Wars was set in one galaxy but they ended up waaay out there after like a days travel.
>>
Because le cliffhanger meme.

Did you expect more from disney and J J Abrahams?
>>
>>63738584
I never liked that galaxy being there. The intention is obviously that it's a cool looking space view and no one cared that it made no sense. Otherwise it's a good ending shot.
>>
>>63738611
what cliffhanger
I keep seeing this but nobody ever tells me what the cliffhanger is
>>
>>63738693
You see luke :/
>>
>>63738611
>>63738693
Not really a cliff hanger, just a eh shot
>>
>>63738368
>Why did abrams killed a tradition?
Because he's a bold innovator.
>>
>>63738368
>What the fuck happened this time? Why did abrams killed a tradition?

he made no effort to emulate the directorial style of the first films, just the superficial look. all his action scenes are shot exactly like in his Star Trek films.
>>
>>63738716
I've seen the movie, I just don't understand how that's a cliffhanger
obviously luke is going to train rey despite being against it in the beginning
>>
This reminds me.

Did he keep the wipes?
>>
Even an after credit scene would have been better. Ya now, giving it ye old Disney polish.
>>
>>63738759
Fair point, I say it in the sense that it was a long pause and you see luke in a pretty messed-up shape.
>>
>>63738759
it's not a cliffhanger, it's probably a truncated scene. see >>63738773

people are mistaking it for a cliffhanger because it feels incomplete, but the real reason is probably just incompetence.
>>
File: 1351632875772062.jpg (50 KB, 390x310) Image search: [Google]
1351632875772062.jpg
50 KB, 390x310
>>63738368
>waah it's way too similar to the old ones
>waah it doesn't have the same ending shot
christ star wars fans are autistic
>>
>>63738804
>he says as he shit posts with a reddit approved meme
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.