[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Star Wars such a big deal when none of the movies are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Mencius Socrates Plato.jpg (140 KB, 456x615) Image search: [Google]
Mencius Socrates Plato.jpg
140 KB, 456x615
Why is Star Wars such a big deal when none of the movies are that good to begin with ?

Even people who were barely even toddlers when Phantom Menace came out went full meme from yesterday, is it an elaborate psy-op ?
>>
Fucking nerds reproduced and trained their ugly offspring to like that shit.
They bought them stupid Chewbacca toys and lightsabers so the poor fuckers didn't have a choice but to like it.
Twenty plus years later, that's what you get.
>>
Marketing

Makes people feel smart by not doing anything.
>>
>>63734164
I was 4 when it came out
>>
>>63734164
>post calling something modern shit in an attempt to appear "patrician"
>accompanied by an image of a long-dead philosopher/philosophers

Why?
>>
>>63734209
Even politicians here went full retard about Star Wars, no way it's just marketing.

>>63734238
Are you camping outside to see a mediocre movie from a mediocre franchisee made by a mediocre director with mediocre actors when you could have seen it 24 hours later ?
>>
>>63734199
Exactly. Also with the merchandise everywhere keeping it current.
>>
>>63734164
It captured the imagination of an entire generation, keep in mind colour television only came around a few years before hand, before which people were listening to radio, before which people threw rocks at one another for entertainment. You had to be there, I guess.
>>
>>63734272
I didn't call anything shit, except if in your twisted mind something that is not that good is automatically shit.

>>63734293
>It captured the imagination of an entire generation

In America maybe, and even then I'm dubious about that, but here Star Wars was never relevant until now.
>>
>>63734293
But why is it so popular now? Lots of other films touched a generation but ain't nobody going Star Wars crazy over them.
>>
>>63734238
I was in High School and me and my friends waited 4 hours. I was disappoint.
>>
>>63734344
That's just the media playing tricks on you.
They say waves and waves of people is flooding the theaters and raving about it, but they're paid to say so, and entirely unreliable.
Out of all of my friends, nobody gives a shit about Star Wars. Yet, a few years back they were practically in heat with the new Toy Story...
>>
>>63734417
True. I certainly think this was the case with Avatar.
>>
File: 1445113275034.png (568 KB, 617x850) Image search: [Google]
1445113275034.png
568 KB, 617x850
>>63734164
because americans live through their entertainment history which materializes the leisure hedonistic nature of the humanity since the enlightenment, consolidated through the legal structure of the human rights.

most people are on earth to be hedonistic and to love to be hedonistic. See women who are hedonistic and histrionic.
>>
>>63734164
I'm not that old but games like Jedi Academy, some shitty old Phantom Menace game, Kotor, Battlefront, Republic Commando, and a few others are what got me into the Star Wars universe. I hated the prequels and the OT wasn't really that special to me, barely remember shit about it.
>>
File: 1428879387105.jpg (201 KB, 1900x2120) Image search: [Google]
1428879387105.jpg
201 KB, 1900x2120
>>63734164
>>
>>63734503
so its interracial breeders trying to normalize their unnatural behavior
>>
>>63734274

Where you live, if I may ask? Wanna know where the retards are from.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.