[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to write screenplays and go to hollywood, how impossible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 14
File: redgot.jpg (33 KB, 359x491) Image search: [Google]
redgot.jpg
33 KB, 359x491
I want to write screenplays and go to hollywood, how impossible is this
>>
Let's see what you've got rookie. Pitch us a film.
>>
>>63723088
Are you Jewish?
>>
I want to direct those screenplays in Hollywood, how impossible is this
>>
>>63723274
Are you Jewish?
>>
>>63723225
not him but i can pitch you a better fucking film than him. make me an offer though and one that's air tight and comes with a cash advance and a ticket out of this place. i want out. i can pitch you a film that'll make your jaw drop and your balls ache with anticipation. star wars ain't got shit on this here story i got in my noggin.
>>
>>63723088
Read books on how to write screenplays, read screenplays. Start writing and never stop and you'll make it.
>>
>>63723225
alright. so a meteor crashes into earth which contains a biological material on its surface. scientists take the organic compounds and explore it and discover incredible scientific properties of it. time passes and eventually the scientists find a way to bind the organic matter named MRC-7 to telomeres, and the matter is like a stem cell so it replicates the telmoeres and causes chromosomes to never unravel and leads to immortality. now while this shits been going on, the scientists also found that the material spread a pathogen through the air which targets people with a specific blood type... more?
>>
>>63723480
Nah man, you're golden. Just sign right here.
>>
>>63723480
fucking boring, too many big words.

rock falls from sky fucks up people. years later, fucked up people either wakes up or heals or something, has powers, fucks shit up. rock turns out to be a sentient creature and each person has a little piece of alien in them.

sounds familiar yes, but it's perfect popcorn movie. all that shit about chemical x and telemetry y would lose a fucking audience in a flash.
>>
>>63723088

Unless you're a jew or know someone who can help you, there's no chance.
>>
>>63723480
That's not a very good pitch. It's too detailed. A good pitch would be "Meteor crashes to Earth and people with O bloodtype get powers." "It's [successful film] meets [another successful film]"
>>
>>63723088

Kill yourself.
>>
>>63723584
im trying to explore humanity or use it as a psychological thriller somehow. but everyone wants to explore humanity, i mean, what fucking movie doesnt, its hard to try to be unique, you just have to be unique
>>
File: sexysoccerbitch.jpg (412 KB, 936x1123) Image search: [Google]
sexysoccerbitch.jpg
412 KB, 936x1123
>>63723629
yeah youre right, its not a steve jobs power point at all. i was just giving the gist, but i didnt do that well either
>>63723641
itll sort itself out eventually
>>
>>63723672
i'm exploring humanity at this very moment in a story i'm doing. suck at writing scripts and stuff, can exposition as good as the best of them though so maybe there's a chance.

people are almost always kinda dumb though. so when able, point them in good guy direction, bad guy direction and then build shit around those two. so as long as they know who is good and who is bad, you could say the most complex shit ever.
>>
>>63723718
Read the following books:

>Save the Cat
>Screenplay: The Foundations of Screenwriting
>The Screenwriter’s Bible
>Story: Substance, Structure, Style, and the Principles of Screenwriting
>The Hero with A Thousand Faces
>The Seven Basic Plots

Also read screenplays to films that you have enjoyed online.
>>
>>63723225

A man works for an time traveling organization tasked with maintaining a good history for mankind but there are some centuries he's not allowed to visit.
>>
>>63723884
thanks anon, torrenting the screenwriters bible right now. what do you do?
>>
A man finds out that the Jews run Hollywood.
>>
>>63723088
Are you Jewish?
>>
>>63723936
You should include that the protagonist visits centuries that he's not allowed to. Otherwise it sounds like there's centuries he can't visit and won't in the film. Unless he doesn't do that in your film, which would be way more boring.
>>
>>63723480
Literally Chronicle with scientists and without an edgelord protagonist
>>
>>63723088

It's fucking easy, my whole family has done it. Wait a sec, you're Jewish, right?
>>
>>63724005

No, I mean there are some centuries that their machines are not able to visit. They're locked out of these centuries. And the story would unfold the reason behind this.
>>
>>63724028
The original idea doesn't exist.
>>
>>63724074
You should somehow include that in your pitch. Because the first thing I thought of is that the protagonist is curious and doesn't do what he's told to do.
>>
>>63724028
thanks anon, i gotta watch more shit and read more shit to make sure im not imitating or anything
>>
So the real question is

Are you jewish?
>>
File: 1.jpg (118 KB, 577x1024) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
118 KB, 577x1024
I love redheads

Also, is this legit?
>>
>>63723088
Are you Jewish?
>>
>>63723884
Also, I assume I need Final Draft too.
>>
>>63724278
You can write in Notepad if you want. It's completely up to you.
>>
>>63724361
But Final Draft is the screenwriting software standard, right?
>>
File: elements_01_trim2.jpg (211 KB, 1646x826) Image search: [Google]
elements_01_trim2.jpg
211 KB, 1646x826
>>63724411
There really is no "standard".

Picture related. It's how most people write their screenplays.
>>
>>63723225

Does the story matter anymore?

Just cast some sexy people and market it to hell.
>>
File: 1010 would wife.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1010 would wife.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>63723225

Oh oh oh do me do me

>An ordinary guy wakes up one morning to find himself in the body of a bosomy woman played by Kat Dennings. He sleeps his way through the city's lesbian elite, played by the likes of Allison Brie and Anna Kendrick. Eventually he comes up against the titqueen, played by Christina Hendricks, who reveals that she was once an ordinary guy like himself who specifically selected him as her sapphic successor.

It eventually comes to a showdown between Kat Dennings against Eva Amurri on who'll carry on Christina Hendrick's legacy.

A heart-warming story teaching us the value of life and breasts. R18
>>
Depends. How Jewish are u?
>>
>>63723088
i want a qt redhead gf, how impossible is this
>>
>>63723088
If you have a beard it's twice as possible, wear eccentric clothes too like an antque dealer.
>>
File: 1432849498001.png (13 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
1432849498001.png
13 KB, 418x359
Is this Jewish thing real or is it just /pol/ shit.

Because I'm Jewish and want to get into screenwriting.
>>
>>63724707
SIX

TRILLION
>>
>>63724707
prepare to be bummed.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 256x343) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 256x343
>>63724075
Actually they do, /tv/ is just too autistic and full of science fiction redditors to understand cinema

>>63723480
Stop being a pleb hack. Become an auteur and direct your films
>>
>>63724765

literally or figuratively
>>
File: ECvGJD9.gif (487 KB, 211x191) Image search: [Google]
ECvGJD9.gif
487 KB, 211x191
>>63724673
>>
>>63724793
>Actually they do, /tv/ is just too autistic and full of science fiction redditors to understand cinema

This
>>
>>63724800
Hmm probably in real terms unfortunately, heard some stories.
>>
>>63723088
It's only impossible if you're not a natural desu.

Creativity can't really be taught.

Your pitch was far too detailed. It's supposed to be a taster, a little peek of your idea, not the whole story in many paragraphs.

A film idea should be little more than a few sentences.

It also helps if you're naturally creative, and know what people like.
>>
>>63723225
>implying I'd post my ideas to a Chinese bootleg-DVD forum
>>
>>63723480
>more than two sentences.

Anon pls.
>>
>>63724138
Bella Throne
>>
>>63724897
>he believes the idea steal meme.

If you think that your movie idea is too good to tell anyone. It's 99% sure going to be shitty.

Only YOU can see what you want your film to be assuming you want to direct it, someone couldn't come along, see your idea and make the film that YOU wanted to make.

Everyone has different ideas and style, it's hard to make something based on an idea without adding bits of your own personality to it.

Anyone could come along and paint a vase with sunflowers.

That doesn't make it a van gogh.
>>
>>63724851
Ridley Scott in the house, wtf lmao
>>
File: xGq1Y.jpg (73 KB, 800x554) Image search: [Google]
xGq1Y.jpg
73 KB, 800x554
>>63723225
Here you go anon, you can have this one for free since it's not really my genre.

A romantic film set an exotic location is being made and two leads have zero chemistry and hate each other's guts. An accident on the set seperate the two leads miles away from the crew in the middle of (desolate exotic location), together they have to learn to survive and grow to like each other.
>>
>>63723088
shouldnt be too tough

diablo cody wrote juno and she was a complete nobody
>>
>>63725035
I'm not good enough at painting to make sunflowers.
>>
>>63724707
You have to be a well connected jew.

When hollywood got started, as in the silent era, movies were the lowest tier of entertainment. Much like youtubers today. Lower than even vaudeville. The patrician arts were controlled by people who did not like jews, so the jews took the jobs that were available to them. This explains the multi-generational influence the jews had on the motion picture industry.
>>
>>63725353
Seems odd that it wouldn't be popular

You'd think it would be considered very innovative, how foolish of goyim not to take advantage of a clearly exploding industry
>>
I swear to god you have a higher chance of writing a book and having it adapted than getting your screenplay made.
>>
>>63725594
Only if you're a chump or extremely not jewish.
>>
>>63723225
A action movie, but from the perspective of the terrorists
>>
1. Are you jew?
2. Are you male?
3. Are you a gay powerbottom?
4. Are your parents rich?

if you answered yes to all 4 then congrats!
there are chances that whatever shitty script you write you will be picked
>>
>>63724138
yes, anon. a movie star snapchatted a photo of herself dripping with cum.
>>
File: bro hug.gif (887 KB, 200x245) Image search: [Google]
bro hug.gif
887 KB, 200x245
>>63725837

1. No
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. No

So I have a 50% chance. Thanks!
>>
>>63723225
Extremely likeable but violent gangster gets increasingly more violent but remorseful throughout the film, Ultimately, his own gang kills him.

The idea is to get people to have conflicted emotions about him, wanting him to die because he's an asshole but also to live because he's not REALLY a bad guy.

$1 billion at box office ez mode
>>
>>63726041
The Transistor, like the Transporter but with Jason Statham in a guitar amp.
>>
File: 1441803470300.jpg (50 KB, 342x377) Image search: [Google]
1441803470300.jpg
50 KB, 342x377
>>63726180
okay I admit I loled
>>
>>63723225
John Carpenter's The Thing, but in the woods.
>>
My pitch
>So it's a giant snake movies right? But instead of having some cliche plot about it being a bio-weapon designed by the military or mutated by chemicals or being some sort of living fossil, we make it an alien. An alien on an alien world.

It's the future, Earth is terraforming a bunch of new worlds and the cast are works sent to this planet in the middle of the process to take over. But oh shit there's a giant snake that's gonna eat them.

Think 'Anaconda' meets 'Pitch Black'
>>
>>63723088
nobody can stop you from writing anything 'nobody can stop you from entering LA and finding Hollywood

you will however wonder the streets as hundreds of other starving artists who think their idea is a golden goose. Start small, work as an intern on a movie set and work your way up through busting your ass and maybe not get swindled by somebody who will steal your idea
>>
Okay how about this

>A freak lightning storm hits Massachusetts, the main character, a divorced dock worker who is totally not a fudge packer journeys to one of the places the lightning hit, the earth begins to shake and break apart
>It turns out that the lightning burst a high pressure water main and broke through the softened foundations beneath the concrete
>The rest of the movie is the main character who again, is not a fudge packer, sueing city council for building a water main without proper current discharge ability and with extremely bad foundations
>>
Everybody Loves Raymond: The Movie

inb4 this is actually made real
>>
>>63723225
>Pitch us a film.

A Short Circuit/Terminator crossover movie.

That'll be $700,000.00 please.
>>
File: 1449970938495.jpg (70 KB, 587x545) Image search: [Google]
1449970938495.jpg
70 KB, 587x545
>>63723088
>>63723088
How about this /tv/
>An all american cyborg fights the threat of communism in americ after being croppled. Using his fist, sex, and bad puns, and the bill of rights to finally eradicate the comminist threat from his country.
>>
File: creepshow_04_stor.jpg (48 KB, 600x465) Image search: [Google]
creepshow_04_stor.jpg
48 KB, 600x465
>>63727064
reminds me of this
>>
>>63723936
>A man works for an time traveling organization tasked with maintaining a good history for mankind but there are some centuries he's not allowed to visit.

... UNTIL NOW.

Thank me later.
>>
>In some other universe red head waifu is Rey, not the teeth

oh the pain
>>
>>63727183
What's that anon?
>Also reminds me of a scene I came up with rhe main character Rex Thundercock learns that the commie have infiltrated the los Angeles public school system. He enters a school seeing the teachers teaching the children communist ideals and he goes on a murder spree singing the national anthem. An when he asks the kids what do you do with your animal character and they say "share". He then at the end he does a supernatural like exercisom on this communist agent using the bill or rights instead of a bible.
>>
a movie about a homeless guy who pretends to be a blind man's seeing eye dog so he will have some place to live.
>>
>>63727374
leslie nielsen and ted danson in one of the shorts from creepshow 1982 by stephen king and george romero
>>
File: 1.jpg (51 KB, 597x662) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
51 KB, 597x662
>>63724138
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.