[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just saw the movie in Italy, ask me anything. Obviously if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
I just saw the movie in Italy, ask me anything.

Obviously if you don't want spoilers avoid this thread.
>>
File: sad.png (141 KB, 400x384) Image search: [Google]
sad.png
141 KB, 400x384
Does Rey kiss Finn
>>
Post major plot points in spoiler tags pls
>>
Where do you live?
>>
Loved it. Had the highest expectations. Fulfilled all of them. I even got around to loving the small "childish" robot I hated in the trailer. Fuck JJ, you make a grown man a kid again.
There is so much attention to detail. Like in the first three movies, chewbacka was often called this and that from han (the only guy who could without getting a beating) in pressure situations, like "comean you big fur" or whatever it was. When he gets injured in this movie he comes back to the base and there is some kind of nurse taking care of him, and she goes full mom on him. - whuuuurl -"yes, yes, there were many of them ok". whuruurl -"very strong yes" in a very condeceding tone. She cemented that chewbacka was a little bit of a cry baby and she didn't take his whiny ass :-D That's my interpretation of that scene, but the movie had lots of wonderful things that tied the old with the new.
Also I don't feel like the spoiler took away from my movie experience - very good. And btw, how the millenium falcon was first used in this movie - nothing short but brilliant.
11/10.
>>
kylo ren kills his son han solo.
>>
>>63720695

She kisses him on the forehead when FInn is knocked out (possibly in a coma) but then mentions that they are friends (you are my most precious friend or something like that in english) because Finn came back to save her from the First Order

>>63720727

Sicily
>>
File: 1450190187676.webm (2 MB, 1796x750) Image search: [Google]
1450190187676.webm
2 MB, 1796x750
Are the lightsaber fights as fast as they are in the prequels or are they slow as fuck like the OT?
Looks like something in-between.
>>
>>63720695
On the forehead while he is passed out
>>
>>63720797

They feel very "powerful", few but very heavy hits and next to no spinning at all.

Also in that fight Kylo Ren was heavily wounded by Chewbacca who was enraged by Han Solo getting killed and sniped him with his crossbow blaster
>>
>>63720797

They're not as flashy. Somewhere in between the OT and the prequels. They definitely toned down the length of the fights and the complexity of the choreography.
>>
>>63720844
Yeah, that's what I've heard.
Thanks, anon.
:)
>>
>>63720844

Also to add to that the crossguard isn't really a crossguard, he actually uses it as extra blades, punches a hole in Finn's shoulder with them while they are holding blades against each other
>>
File: 1450299510550.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1450299510550.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>>63720849
Is Rey any good with the saber or does she get lucky?
>>
>>63720797
they aren't really slow, didn't notice anything like that.

-not OP
>>
>>63720964

She sucks initially, but Kylo Ren is also wounded on his side by a blaster shot and has to stop a few times mid combat, he pushes her around until she discovers the force and overpowers him, although I seriously doubt she could have without him being wounded and bleeding, also Kylo Ren's master mentions that his training is not yet complete and the fact that Rey meets Luke at the very end indicates that they will both be trained during or before the second episode
>>
>>63720964
She kinda just runs away and slashes trees and tries to keep Kylo back while Kylo is walking towars her and slashing at her. Rey is only defending until the end when she gains some kind of "force" thing and starts fighting back and is actually better with it than Kylo
>>
who thought anyone wanted to see han solo die? I was much happier at the end of return of the jedi. sure everyone dies eventually except plaguis or whatever but why bring back a beloved character just so he dies
>>
>>63721026
>>63721054
Ahhh fuck.
Sounds cheesy as hell.
>>
>>63721085
Probably a choice of mr. Ford himself, maybe he said that he will be back for one movie and the best way to get rid of him is to kill him, it would be kinda odd that he'd disappear if Leia was there still.
>>
>>63720599
HAHAHAH GET REKT, THE LEAKS WERE REAL!!!
>PEOPLE DIDN'T WANT TO BELIEVE THE LEAKS
HAHAHAHA
>>
>>63721101

The movie is pretty predictable, there are TONS of nostalgia moments from the original trilogy and they didn't even waste time on most of them for example you will see a lot of pilots from the original trilogy and admiral akbar, but the movie doesn't stop to say hey remember these guys?, I feel this movie was just to set up the next two movies and get the nostalgia out of the way so they can move on
>>
File: 150vermeer[1].jpg (157 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
150vermeer[1].jpg
157 KB, 500x500
>>63721101
Ya gotta learn to appreciate a good piece of Vermeer from time to time Anon
>>
>>63720599
Was the movie worth it enough to buy tickets for it or was it just a carbon copy of the prequels?
>>
Was First order's background ever explained in the movie?

How's general Cux?
>>
>>63721280
It's actually a carbon copy of ANH, whatever that's worth to you.
>>
>>63720738
>When he gets injured in this movie he comes back to the base and there is some kind of nurse taking care of him, and she goes full mom on him. - whuuuurl -"yes, yes, there were many of them ok". whuruurl -"very strong yes" in a very condeceding tone.

I loved that part.
>>
>>63721280

This movie has next to nothing to do with the prequels, in fact it's a lot more similar to the original trilogy, maybe to a fault even, there is an entire planet that was turned into a weapon called Starkiller, it also has a megalaser used to destroy multiple planets at once, it is destroyed in a similar way to the death star

>>63721325

It's only explained that the first order rose form the ashes of the empire remnants, also general who? The guy blonde guy on the poster? Sorry his name I think was mentioned like twice in the whole movie so I don't remember, anyway if it's that guy he has a power struggle going on with Kylo Ren for Snoke's attention.
>>
>>63720599
Was the Warcraft trailer same the one that has been already released?
>>
where is darth plagueis
where disney
>>
This is JUST the type of rehash I was expecting, it's nothing but a glib facsimile.

If Star Wars was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Star Wars looks like it's something for little kids.
>>
Any news on Andy Serkis's character Supreme Leader Snoke?
>>
>>63721404
Was the acting and the overall movie terrible?
>>
Spoiler
Han solo is killed by his son, Kylo Ren. Luke Skywalker doesn't say anything and has 30 seconds of screen time. Kylo Ren survives the explosion at the end, setting it up for him to be the villain in the next movie.
>>
I just saw it in Italy too just a while ago.

Can't say I disliked it, but holy fuck what the hell were they smoking when they though up of the last 20 minutes of film?
>>
>>63721486
(Not OP)
I saw it in the Netherlands, we didn't get the trailers from that hard drive picture. Only one I can remember was Batman V Superman, I think that was it.
>>
I dont know why but there's just something inherently badass about wearing your jacket like a retard like that nazi is.
>>
>>63721510
Supreme Leader Snoke could be Plagueis.
>>
Belgiumfag here, just came back from the cinema.

Overhyped and too much of a retread of A New Hope, but still bretty gud. Much better than the prequels in any case.
>>
>>63721536

It was good, ironically the only mediocre acting was from Ford and the Leia actress, their relationship looked fake as fuck, I don't know if it was meant to be like that though.

>>63721570

There was a part of the movie like 1 minute long that had a VERY strong Nazi vibe with the guy you're mentioning giving a speech to the troopers
>>
File: herzog_at_comicon.jpg (218 KB, 1000x820) Image search: [Google]
herzog_at_comicon.jpg
218 KB, 1000x820
>>63721524
>how sophisticated anime is
The catgirls and big tits?
>>
>>63721654

It's a pasta
>>
>>63721570
The Nazis were some of the baddest dudes ever.
They're the only guys who you can say, without sounding like a fag, had swag.
>>
>>63721654
Oh, didn't read
>Sword Art Online
I dun goofd
>>
Personally I didn't like the whole MY FORCE IS STRONGER THAN YOURS moment at the end when she suddenly overpowers crossman. Felt cheesy as fuck and actually annoyed me. Not that I wasn't expecting it, but holy fuck.
>>
Why does starkiller base get destroyed in a trench run?

What's the weakness this time?

The first one there was a ventilation shaft
The second one there was a giant hole you could enter to the main reactor

What's this ones weakness
>>
who is Iko Uwais in this movie? Are any of those indonesians any cool? are there cool martial arts?
>>
>>63721732
Bad writing is it's weakness.
>>
>>63721732

Its a combination of interior and exterior attack. The latter of which does nothing to damage it until its more exposed by the former. Its not just a convenient shaft
>>
who does max von sydow play?
>>
>>63721543
>his son, Kylo Ren
Is there any good reason for that casting decision other than liberal edginess? Is he adopted?
>>
>>63721026
I think you overestimate the power Kylo possess right now. It was quite clear they wanted to portray Rey as the stronger one.
>>
>>63721748
seconding. three of the dudes from raid 2 are in this movie, and i want to know if its worth sitting through the bullshit plot and miscegeny for some badass indonesian fighting
>>
>>63721789
What do the attacks target?
>>
>>63721732

The gun is huge, like it is pretty much the whole point of the planet, there is a building or something that adjusts the power grid for the main gun, the plan would have worked only when the gun was charging up by sucking the star's energy, the structure is actually invulnerable even with the shields down from the attacks of the X wings, Chebacca before escaping after Han's death goes rambo in the middle of the enemy base and throws a bag with explosives inside the structure, it opens a gap and the main pilot guy from this movie blows it up through the gap

>>63721834

Yes Kylo is untrained and all, but he is obviously much more trained than Rey, he can force choke or push

>>63721817

Kylo Ren in the movie isn't actually full dark side, he actually sperges out all the time because he has just joined the dark side, he even mentions that there is still light within him, so him killing Han is the final step

>>63721748

I googled him, haven't seen him in the movie

>>63721800

He has a small role at the beginning of the movie as the guy who holds the map to Luke Skywalker (major plot point of the movie because Luke exiled himself after failing with Kylo Ren)
>>
Star Wars is fucking saved. No more "funny" Jar Jar Binkses, no shitty house music to "entertain" the viewers.

9,5/10. Cant really say anything more at this point. Im so happy.
>>
The explosion caused by Chewie's bombs blew open a hole to the inside of the base. Poe flew in an blew up everything from the inside.
>>
Why is Jakku so significant that they couldn't have just used Tatooine? Besides the Battlefront DLC tie-in and the hurr durr imperial wreckage
>>
>>63721954
but it's literally just a new hope with a black guy
>>
>>63721953

razoo quin fee or tasu leech ring any bells?
>>
>>63721953
>Kylo Ren in the movie isn't actually full dark side
Never mind, I mixed up his name with the main character.
>>
>>63720797
somewhere inbetween i would say.

Otherwise a fantastic fucking movie.
>>
>>63721995

>implying going with something like TNH isn't a massive improvement over the shitty plotlines of the prequels
>>
>>63721873
>>63721748
hey an australian here that saw the movie last night.
they appear as a bunch of bandits after han solo but exist to get killed by some space monster han is smuggling.
they scream a fair bit
>>
>>63722064
but anon, if i wanted a new hope, i'd just watch a new hope

what does this bring to the table that a new hope doesnt

why does this even exist
>>
File: absolutlydisgusting.png (2 MB, 1877x789) Image search: [Google]
absolutlydisgusting.png
2 MB, 1877x789
>>63720599
Better than this
>>
>>63722101

OP here, I already mentioned this, but I feel like this movie was just the set up and served to get the nostalgia out of the way so they can move to new things
>>
>>63722069
fuck that is super disappointing. Thanks anon.
>>
>>63721995

Nah m8. New Hope was a great film. And so is this.

As much as you guys like to hate you have to admit that JJ really made this movie great. Now that the nostalgia is out of the way I'm really looking forward to the next one.
>>
>>63722126
>this movie was just the set up
Sounds like shit
>>
What is captain phasmas role?

What is the relationship between the resistance and the new republic? Why are they different?

Where is r2 and 3po? How much screentime do they get
>>
>>63722142
>>63722126
so literally the only thing this movie has going for it is nostalgia

take a new hope, literally just change the names but keep the exact same plot, and add a few nostalgia references, and that's this movie.
>>
>>63722126
This. I think they kept so close to A New Hope to make sure it felt like Star Wars and felt familiar to fans. Now all the set up is over with and they won over everyone so they can expand with new stuff.
At least that's what I'm hoping.
>>
Not op.
nobody seems to have mentioned it but: There is a wilhelm cry.
>>
>>63722183
Standing around, sorry pal. She was dissapointing.
>>
>>63721873
>>63721748

They open a door, maddog has a few lines then a monster appears behind them, then they are just seen running or being eaten.

I think their scenes were cut.
>>
>>63722069
so they brought in these martial arts masters but they didn't even do any martial arts?!?!?

profound sadness
>>
>>63722183
haven't seen it yet, but I've read others say the new republic are wimps who won't fight or stop the first order, so the resistance is a faction of the republic willing to fight, so rebels basically
>>
>>63721524
You must be one of those faggot degenerates with a giant anime pillow
>>
>>63722229
very much so appreciated, thanks anon
>>
>>63722183

captain phasma has a very small role, she breaks Finn's balls at the beginning of the movie and then is taken hostage and used to lower the shields on the starkiller, basically a total bitch

The republic and resistance work together, but not much else is explored beyond this, I didn't really catch why they were not present during these events

R2 and 3po are both in the movie and get some screentime
>>
File: Lost-season1.jpg (119 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Lost-season1.jpg
119 KB, 800x600
>>63722126
>but I feel like this movie was just the set up and served to get the nostalgia out of the way so they can move to new things

Yeah, it's all planned out ahead. They're setting up all the payoffs. It'll all make sense in the end.

Just like JJ's famous show Lost.

Oh wait that never happened. What happened instead is that the writers said "fuck you for thinking there was a point, it was about the chaaaracters and emooootions". Don't think too much about it. Just leave your brain at the door. It was about the ride.

Why would they care about the story of a franchise that exists to make toys?
>>
>>63722183
>New Republic
What New Republic? :P
>>
>>63722183
Seems like a storm trooper commander or something, but she doesn't really do anything sadly. I'm assuming she'll be more important in the sequels.

I don't know what you mean with the second question, can you rephrase?

C3PO appears when we get to meet the resistance and is his old self (except he has a red left arm now for some reason) about two thirds into the movie.
R2 appears around the same time, but is deactivated and only reactivates right at the end when it finds the rest of Luke's map in its database. So pretty much nothing.
>>
>>63722301
Does Hux die?
>>
>>63721524
You must look like this, faggot
>>
Does Kylo Ren die? I hope to god he doesn't, because it'd just be Maul all over again except worse.
>>
>>63720599
How did you already see it when it's not even out until tomorrow? wtf
>>
>>63722382
Nope, he lives. Rey kinda fucked him up though, he'll probably have a huge scar in his face in the next movie.
>>
>>63722382
no, he's clearly going to go brood with his sith master, who will then go on and try to recruit Lu- I mean Rey.
>>
>>63722391
It's out in Europe and Russia. Idjit.
>>
>>63722359
doesnt she fall into a trash compactor and die?
>>
>>63722359
The resistance is the group fighting the first order. The Empire is destroyed and has been replaced with the New Republic. The new republic does not fight the order, why not? What is the relationship between the two
>>
>>63722375

No, No, Snoke order him to take Kylo Ren and meet him before the Starkiller explodes
>>
>>63722425
Nope. Gwendolyn Christie is confirmed for the next two movies.

>>63722410
>>63722417
Better than death, I guess. Though I hope Adam Driver still plays him in the next movies.
>>
Is Snoke a sith?
>>
>>63720738
>>63721387
samefag shill
>>
>>63721510
Dead a long time ago m8, Plagueis's story is actually still canon. He is killed by Sheev the same day Sheev is elected supreme chancellor.
>>
>>63722421
>no cam uploads yet

outrages
>>
>>63722391
Came out 12 hours ago in Australasia.
>>
Just out of the theatre.
I cant even beginning to list all the things they took from ANH and the Star Trek reboot.
It really is a child's movie
>>
>>63722382

Nope. Gets beaten by Rey and then they get seperated because ground between them cracks open. Snoke orders some guy to go and get him to finish his training after that.
>>
>>63721524
nice copypasta, haven't seen that for years
>>
>>63722497
Yes there is. They were on /r/starwarsleaks but they were taken down by the mouse.
>>
>>63722440

It's not really explained, the First order talks about the republic and resistance as their enemies, the 3po mentions "if only the republic fleet was here" meaning they collaborate to some extent.

>>63722470

It's not really explained but the fact that he wants to train Kylo Ren suggests he is
>>
I was dragged along to a midnight screening last night (Australia), I was expecting the crowd to go wild regardless of how shit the movie was because they were all dressed up as Jar Jar Binks/Jedis.

The crowd only went wild went the title appeared and then was dead silent for the rest of the screening, a good portion of the crowd got up and left halfway through

I see the movie as an entertaining Disney flick, it's more comparable to Pirates of the Carribean than Star Wars. It's clearly aimed at a 'new' audience which alienates old fans of the series but there is WAY too much obnoxious "LOOK AT THIS THIS OLD STARS THING LOL REMEMBER STAR WARS" for new fans of the series.

This movie takes Mary Sue to a new level, everything is awfully convenient. Finn is written as a nig whos lines are literally all "EY WO, LOOKS AT DAT, DID YOU SEE DAT", "BOO YAH NOW THAS WOT IM TALKINBOUT"

4/10 will be extremely successful
>>
>>63722440
The new republic is never really mentioned or explained, only very briefly, plus they get blown the fuck out by the first order's new weapon like halfway through the movie.
>>
>>63722530
I think he's something stronger than the Sith. desu the sith always seemed really pathetic to me.
>>
File: Gold-Homer.png (188 KB, 215x414) Image search: [Google]
Gold-Homer.png
188 KB, 215x414
>>63722470
Unclear but his hologram projection is huge. I thought it was funny, like he's a chronic self-aggrandizer
>>
>>63722545

You're a liar
>>
>>63722516
Nope. Gets beaten by Obi-wan who then leaves him for dead. Sheev orders some guy to go and get him to finish his training after that.
>>
>>63722545
0/10

You cant post on /tv/ till you are 18, goodbye for 6 years
>>
Is it just me, or did we never get to see the double-ended red lightsaber from the trailer...?
>>
>>63721536
Boyega's acting is bad, not his fault though, bad script. The villain is great. Carrie Fisher now has a plastic face. The rest didn't stick out as good or bad.
>>
>>63722604
Again it's like poetry-sort of- they rhyme. L-l each stanza sorta rhymes with the next. Hopefully it'll work out.
>>
>>63722545
>4/10 will be extremely successful
i feel like this is pretty much what everyone will think 5 years from now
>>
>>63722639

I haven't seen the trailer to avoid spoilers, was there one?
>>
>>63722639
The crossguard saber was in the movie.
>>
>>63722654
YOU CAN'T DEFEAT ME, KYLO, I HAVE THE PLOT ARMOUR

>>63722651
>acting is bad
>b-b-but it's the script
>>
So are we spoiling this shit all over normalfag media yet?
>>
>>63721726
I thought it was ok, it shows that cross-saber man is acting out of sheer determination, not force power.
>>
>>63722706
YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWERRRRRRR. Bcz GRL PWR
>>
>>63722545
>This movie takes Mary Sue to a new level, everything is awfully convenient.
I agree.
The first part of the movie feels so fucking forced and rushed, especially the relations between the characters. Youve known this guy for 12 hours and you're crying when he leaves, bitch what the fuck?
>>
File: 1450308104822.jpg (301 KB, 699x1211) Image search: [Google]
1450308104822.jpg
301 KB, 699x1211
>>63722732
No definitely not

also don't use this image
>>
>>63722183
>their relationship
It's probably like this. The New Order controls some planets and the New Republic controls other planets and "The Resistance" are just people trying to free themselves on the planets that the New Order controls. There may or may not be some peace treaty between TNR and TNO preventing the Republic's open involvement in helping The Resistance currently.
>>
>>63722732
/pol/ is dropping spoilers with #WhitesAgainstTrump
>>
>>63722809

The second half was complete bullshit
>>
So snork or whatever his name is a clone of palpatine?
>>
>>63722507
I thought it was significantly worse than JJ's first Star Trek. It was more child-friendly than Trek, and shamelessly copies A New Hope.
>>
>>63722916
explain how it's different

i'll wait
>>
I loved the movie but

>Hux overacting
>Luke: "open mouth is acting"
>Snoke was meh
>Captain Phasma doesn't do anyting

The rest was great.

I like how the 3 bad guys will (probably) return in 8.
>>
Lad.
>>
>>63722809
If Kylo is Solo's son, do they explain how he went bad?
Or, if he was force sensitive, why he wasn't trained to be a jewdi by uncle Luke
>>
>>63722199
Pretty much this. They even had another superweapon for the rebels to destroy.
>>
>>63720599
are there any battles in space?
>>
>>63720796

>another sicilian like me

Scommetto che e' un film di merda solo per tutta la pubblicità che fa quella testa di minchia di pif
>>
>>63723008
He was. Then he killed all of Luke's other apprentices and ran off. That's it.
>>
Is Rey Luke's daughter? And were the leaks true about the beginning, how Finn escapes with Poe and they crash land on Not-Tatooine?
>>
>>63720599

What happened to Nien Nunb and Admiral Ackbar? Did they survive the final battle?
>>
>>63723008
He was actually being trained by Luke, but somehow he fucked up and Kylo Ren killed everyone. Luke felt ashamed for his failure and went into exile.
>>
>>63723077
>Then he killed all of Luke's other apprentices and ran off
wut
why?
and why didn't luke stop him?

what the fuck is this shitfest of a plot
>>
>>63722975

>A darth force user kill Rey's mentor

Bullshit, Han Solo is no mentor, he's Han Solo, he isn't killed because of his relationship with Rey, he's killed because of his relationship with Kylo Ren

>It's later revealed

This is straight up bullshit, nothing of the sort is revealed

>Who is secretly

Never is it kept secret

>She has a major role in the outcome

I love the choice of words to make it look like she has a major role in the outcome, she doesn't.

>Afterwards, Rey must go to an even

False, she gives Luke his lightsaber, the whole plot of the movie is getting Luke back, not her being trained
>>
Just watched here in the Netherlands.

Kylo is literaly Anakin. Didn't they learn anything with the prequels? I seriously hope they tone down the edgyness and write him better in the next movies.

At least they should give him some plausible background.
>>
>>63723008
He was trained by Luke but turned dark at some point. It's implicated that Snoke did it, or had to do something with it, as did Vader (or his ghost or something). He has the Vader mask in his room. It's unclear what precisely messed everything up but everyone is kind of bummed out about it.

I think it will be more explained in 8 because there are a few more open plot points like that.
>>
>>63720796

Palermo?
>>
>>63723077
>>63723123
>>63723161
And if he fucking WAS trained by literally Luke Skywalker, and was good enough to kill all the other apprentices, how did he get his shit pushed in by Rey?
>>
>>63723111
Rey being Luke's daughter is bullshit. I can see some people thinking that because of a fever dream/flashback she has, but I didn't see it honestly. Maybe someone else can spell it out for me?

Don't know about the leaks, but Finn does escape with Poe and then crash lands on Jakku.
>>
>>63723125

Ignore him, it's not explained, it's implied that something went wrong while Luke was training him
>>
>>63722948
I agree.
It's a weird mix. I hated how you can see the planets getting destroyed in the sky. Like really JJ how big do you think the galaxy is you fuckING hack you did that already
>>
>>63720797

Not OP but also watched in Italy, the lightsaber fights were one of the few things good about this movie. Except for the part where Kylo can't even overpower a fucking little girl when their sabers are locked, wtf. What a weakling.
>>
>>63721925
Some thing that has the word oscillator in it. Basically, it keeps the energy used to fire the supergun from destroying the weapon it's contained in.
>>
>>63723135
>Just watched here in the Netherlands.

Me too, Pathe arena?
>>
>>63723204
>implied
Truth, actually.
>>
>>63723198
To be fair, he was emotionally unstable and already wounded. Plus I'm pretty sure it's implied Rey is straight up more force-sensitive than him.
>>
it should be called "A New New Hope".
Still a good remake, though.
>>
>>63723246

Pathe Eindhoven.
>>
>>63723198
because Rey is better with the force.

Star Wars has always been full with this shit. Deal with it.

>The boy is too old
>lel let's train him anyway
>lel he's good anyway
>>
File: Hello-Reddit.png (200 KB, 888x888) Image search: [Google]
Hello-Reddit.png
200 KB, 888x888
>>63722902
>/pol/ is dropping spoilers with #WhitesAgainstTrump

Amazing. I just made this too.
>>
I'm just gonna mention that Luke is now canonically the strongest character in the setting
>>
>>63720599
Was it merely a glib facsimile of the first film?
>>
>>63723118
Ackbar definitely did, Nien Nunb I can't recall but I'm pretty sure we never saw him get blown up.
>>
[Spoiler] They also rip-off the part where a X-wing flies into à trench to destroy the deathsta- I mean the Starkiller base [/spoiler]
>>
>>63723266
>he was emotionally unstable
If he was angry that'd only make him stronger
>more force-sensitive
I don't give a fuck how sensitive she is, all he had to was run her through with his retarded lightsaber
Also, given that he did make his own saber (didn't he?), doesn't that imply that he's a special snowflake too?
>>
Am I think only one who think's the "R2 has been in sleep mode since luke left" is the most retarded thing ever?
>GEEE PRINCESS WONDER WHAT R2 KNOWS BUT HEY WHO CARES RIGHT? WE ALL MISS HIM BUT WHERE DO WE LOOK? LETS NOT LOOK DESU
>>
>>63723334
yes
>>
Does Ackbar have any lines in the film?

Are there any groan moments/flashbacks?
>>
>>63721101
It was
It's a major disappointment in an otherwise good movie albeit too similar in its structure to episode four

T. Another italian anon
>>
>>63723336
>Nien Nunb
yeah I saw him, or at least a guy from the same species.
>>
>>63723381

He talks at the strategy meeting when everyone is figuring out a way to stop the Starkiller from wiping them out
>>
>>63723266
I haven't seen the movie, but even if she is more Force-sensitive that's pretty bullshit. Even if she's TWICE as gifted with the Force it's still kind of bullshit.

But it might make more sense in context. I'll have to wait and see.
>>
>>63723413

It's not bullshit because Kylo is wounded, even Finn scratches him with the lightsaber before being sent into a coma
>>
>>63723413
It doesn't. It's bullshit and undermines kylo's credibility as a tangible threat
>>
>>63723282
Disgusting.
>>
>>63723436
>even Finn scratches him with the lightsaber
That's even more retarded
>>
why does the nig use the lightsaber?
>>
>>63722102
>talking shit about neta-lee hershlag

more zionist queen for me
>>
So is Rey and Ren brother and sister?
>>
>>63720796
>She kisses him on the forehead when FInn is knocked out (possibly in a coma) but then mentions that they are friends (you are my most precious friend or something like that in english) because Finn came back to save her from the First Order

That's what friends are for. Best friends that ever friended. And then they went to Friendsville in their Friendsmobile.

Best friends forever!
>>
>>63723549

Because Rey is knocked out, he's trying to get the lightsaber back to Rey
>>
>>63723549
He stole it
>>
>>63723476
IMAX?
>>
>>63723549
Rey didn't want it at first because she was scared of the force or something, so Finn takes it instead. He uses it for a bit but gets fucked up by Kylo Ren trying to protect Rey. This is when Rey decides to pick it up and fight back.
>>
>>63723550
We aren't told, and it's not really even implied; but I wouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>63723551
Not mentioned at all.
>>
>>63723551

Nope, also she can't be related to Luke because Luke actually follows the Jedi path so no kids for him
>>
>>63723581
Nee, gewone. Vriend van me had kaartje over.
>>
File: 1447338416773s[1].jpg (2 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1447338416773s[1].jpg
2 KB, 125x125
>>63723668
>Luke actually follows the Jedi path so no kids for him
Does anybody really believe this
>>
Also before someone spergs about Finn using the lightsaber, he kills like 1 stormtrooper with it and gets fucked up by a stormtrooper who calls him a traitor and drops his weapons because he wants to fuck him up in melee, the stormtrooper pulls out this big electric tonfa/hammer kind of weapon and kicks Finn's ass while he's using the lightsaber, so yeah, Jedi and Sith are still the only ones that can use a lightsaber proficently
>>
Was there any mention of midichlorians in the movie? Even thought about or reference to with a wink?

Is Jar Jar really a skeleton in the desert somewhere?
>>
>>63723668
>>63723628

So, Rey is just some random force sensitive bitch? She isn't related to anyone in the movie at all? What kind of nigger shit is this.
>>
>>63723693
lol hell no

>>63723715
Also Stormtroopers who aren't traitors.

>>63723724
No no and no
>>
>>63723724
No to both things
>>
>>63723727
Stop believing everything someone types here. She's obviously got a connection to Luke.
>>
File: 91944.gif (3 MB, 778x433) Image search: [Google]
91944.gif
3 MB, 778x433
>>63723715

Here, this is the part

>>63723724

No mention of that shit thank God, you won't see any mention of the prequels in this movie, except for the clones when Finn deserts and Kylo Ren mocks the general saying they should get an army of clones.
>>
>>63723669
dan gaan we overt weekend nog es samen gaan
>>
>>63723413
Kylo not fucking Rey up is a combination of him being hurt pretty badly by Chewie, his training being incomplete and an inner fight between the light and the dark side within him, probably making him reluctant to use his power level. During the fight he offers Rey to train her to use the force.

She still did a bit too well IMO, but it wasn't pants on the head retarded either.
>>
>>63723863
^this
>>
I wanna mention something small that I haven't seen mentioned.

BB-8 giving Finn a thumbs up was the cutest shit ever, I laughed too hard at that
>>
>>63723778
That looks like some backyard filmatography right there.

I'd expect that to be on youtube not the big screen

Also fuck you google stop saying captcha's malfunctioning not even spoiling
>>
How does starkiller base explode? Does the entire planet explode death star style or is the planet still intact and the mechanisms are broken
>>
>>63723912
Loved that. Can you even imagine how many BB8 toys with some torchlight thumb up mechanic they're going to sell?
>>
>>63723950
Entire planet collapses and explodes in a giant fireball.
>>
was it just me or did the light sabers look overdone? as in "over-effected".

idk...seems like in the older movies they looked more natural/realistic
>>
>>63723778
>TIEs flying that close to the ground
Are the troopers still complete fuckwits even after 30 years?
>>
>>63723950

It destabilizes the planet because the destroyed oscillator controlled the energy while the gun is shooting, so the planet slowly turns into a star or something, it's not very clear.

Anyway it goes boom after a while of the planet cracking up.
>>
>>63723950

The whole mechanism containing the consumed stars destabilises and it turns into a star
>>
>>63723973
>>63723934
FOR FUCK'S SAKE
>>
any boba fett?
>>
>>63723863
how the fuck is he having an inner conflict after killing han? if he crossed the threshold into full dark side user when he killed han why is he being conflicted by fighting rey? why would he give a shit about her?
>>
Dunno if this is the best explanation but here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/3x5dj3/reys_combat_prowess_spoiler/
>>
>>63723993
>Storing the energy of an entire sun

No easy way out of this. Only dumb thing is how slowly it unravels.
>>
>>63724003
None at all, thank god.
>>
>>63724003
no
>>
>>63723964
This movie sounds like the strongest possible strong7 or light 8 ever. Where its like 'yeah this isn't a masterpiece and lots of cliches but its a really damn fun time in the Star Wars Universe and its just fulfilling to finally see this'.
>>
>>63723983

Kylo Ren's was self made, it looks more like an imperfect blade that doesn't contain itself very well, Luke's lightsaber looks like a proper one.

Also the crssguard isn't really a crssoguard, the lightblades don't slide when touching, he uses the crossguards as extra blades when he his close to Finn in a lock and punches an hole in hos shoulder.
>>
>>63723983
well, Kylo Ren's saber houses a broken crystal, so the beam is more 'violent'
>>
Anything about the knights of ren? In the concept art they all carried lightsabers, do they do so in the movie?
>>
>>63724101
They are a group of Luke's Jedi Academy students led by Kylo Ren who turned rogue and destroyed the Academy
>>
File: KnightsOfRen_TFA.png (554 KB, 1088x816) Image search: [Google]
KnightsOfRen_TFA.png
554 KB, 1088x816
>>63724101
Deleted scene
>>
>>63724008
I'd say its more being conflicted that she's so full on pro force user after using it for all of 30 minutes
>>
>>63724008

I'm not even sure he has crossed the line.

Regardless, he DID say Rey needed someone to train her. Perhaps he saw the potential for someone to take down Snoke with (the eternal apprentice kills master sith cycle shit), and wanted to tempt her, so he didn't want to kill her just yet.
>>
>>63724101

There is a small glimpse in a flashback, nothing else, will see in ep VIII
>>
>>63724073
That's exactly what it is to me. It has some problems but it's damn fun and I really enjoyed myself. 7 to 8 sounds about right.
>>
>>63724101
You know that scene in the trailer where a group are standing together and it's all stormy?

Yeah that's the extent of what we see and we barely hear anything more. It's definitely something they'll build to later.
>>
>>63724101
>>63724132
also none of them except kylo ren show up in the movie outside of one flashback scene
>>
>>63724132
i thought they were all dead and kylo was the last one left
>>
>>63724137

Nope, that's in the movie.
>>
>>63724073
That was how I felt too.

Way above prequel, below OT, but the end result justified its making.
>>
>>63723551
Yes. In episode eight we are going to have 'REY I AM YOUR BROTHER'
>>
>>63721524
I've had this pasta before, but it is still so fresh.
>>
>>63724317
Rey could be Leas daughter, but i have a feeling that she is lukes kid, but she must be related to skywalkers somehow if lukes lightsaber was calling her so hard
>>
>>63721404
LOL starkiller, that one fag from star wars fu
>>
what does supreme leader snoke look like?
>>
>>63724454
Like a 30 foot grey
>>
File: 1416092429358.jpg (19 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1416092429358.jpg
19 KB, 300x300
>mfw they put those map pieces together
>>
>>63724454

He's a giant Voldemort, at least his hologram
>>
>>63724454
A very tall humanoid ayy lmao, face is scarred
>>
>>63724454
A mix between Voldemort and the white orc from the hobbit movies. Generic as fuck.
>>
>>63723562
https://youtu.be/gI8aSJBC9u0?t=12m20s
>>
>>63721181

other than Nien Nunb the human vagina, who?
>>
>>63720599
whats the deal with the dood with the red sword?
>>
>people doing that lightsaber shit on facebook
>my response
>>
>>63724639
KIDS REACT TO: ORDER 66!
>pic
>>
>>63724627

He's the antagonist, the reason he turned bad is not yet explained.
>>
Is there any nod to or anything to do with Boba Fett?
>>
>>63724794
None. At all. Again, thank god.
>>
>>63724794

None other than a line mentioning the clone army.
>>
>>63724690
>So I told Anakin to murder every Jedi in the temple.. he actually did it the absolute madman hahahahahaha!
>>
>>63724912
WHAT THE FUCK, OBI-WAN?! IT'S JUST A PRANK, BRO!
>>
>>63723331
I'm guessing he's Yoda 2.0 now, he's the oldest jedi.
>>
So is there any pomp and ceremony at the end? Or does it just kinda stop?
>>
>>63725153

No they finally find Luke's planet of exile and give him his lightsaber back, the screen cuts while Luke ponders about coming back while Rey is almost on the verge of crying.
>>
>>63723224
>Except for the part where Kylo can't even overpower a fucking little girl when their sabers are locked, wtf. What a weakling.
She was obviously using the force since she is so "force-sensitive".
>>
>>63725309
Why? Because Han died?
>>
Look on the bright side, JewJew won't be directing the next one.
>>
Does anyone have the Kylo vs Rey duel? It's been taken down from Youtube.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.