[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Still movie of the year.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (229 KB, 800x1185) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
229 KB, 800x1185
Still movie of the year.
>>
It was alright.
>>
I cried like a little bitch.
>>
Fuck, there had to be something better than that.

There HAD to be.
>>
Is there any fanbase worse than Disney (Pixar/Marvel/Star Wars) fans?

Advertisements for toys cannot be art my friend.
>>
>>63718116
For mainstream Hollywood shit, I can't think of something better.
Creed looks decent but I haven't seen it.
>>
>>63718145
>movies
>art

lel friendo, video games have already surpassed movies as a form of art
>>
>>63718157
Yeah I heard Creed was good, that might do it.

I didn't even dislike IO, it was just pretty ok, the best movie of the year shouldn't be "pretty ok".
>>
>>63718198
Psychonauts explored this concept much better than Inside Out, so I'll agree with you on that.
>>
>>63718145
I have only seen one toy story, monsters inc. (both long time ago) and walle. definitely not a "pixar fan"

>>63718024
yep
>>
my second favorite animated film this year, hit me right in a feels a couple times
>>
>>63718024
It was shit. I hate Pixar and their elaborate calculated tearjerking.
>>
I'm going to see Zootopia for the hot Judy Hopps.
>>
meh
it was pretty good but extremely overrated IMO
>>
>>63718547
What's your favorite?
>>
>>63718633
Lol, this. and these dumb fucking manchildren fell for it.
>>
The entire movie was White People Angst. There were no serious emotions beside what some sheltered middle class white kid with hipster young parents would go through, without a care in the world or pain in their life so they make up stupid stuff to feel bad about, like moving to a new town is somehow ultra-trauma. No, it's not.

If there had been an element like sexual abuse or serious trauma, like her seeing a friend die, I might have liked the movie more. I was hoping they'd do more with the parents and show them getting broke, going evicted, or becoming homeless, but no such luck. There looked like opportunities to build up to that too.

The only attempt at real "feels" was some goofy elephant prick dying. The worst part was at first I was hoping elephant man would be like the artful dodger or Fagan, all sneaky and manipulative out of desperation to get what he wants, but instead he's just a friendly goofball. Boring af.
>>
>>63718547
What (good) animated flicks came out this year?
>>
File: 1447107954203.jpg (16 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1447107954203.jpg
16 KB, 250x250
>>63720313
>tfw your country is shitty enough that Zootopia won't premiere before February and there won't be a single copy of it that isn't fucking dubbed by some asshole local celebrity that very definitely ISN'T an actor

I've only watched Inside Out on theaters once because of this idiocy, but this time I'll contain myself and refuse to support whoever makes these calls.
>>
>>63718024
It was pretty smart, idk it was alright i guess. Could have tried a little more with some elements
>>
>>63720488
Watch it with the edges, senpai.
>>
File: Bitch_please.png (369 KB, 515x567) Image search: [Google]
Bitch_please.png
369 KB, 515x567
>cartoon designed for children
>movie of the year
>>
>>63720413
probably Anomalisa
>>
The Little Prince was better.
>>
Inception for manbabies. Pixar continues its shameful downfall.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.