[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just came back from the theatre. Solid 9/10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8
Just came back from the theatre.
Solid 9/10
>>
So did i

Solid 0/10
>>
>>63715806
Cuck
>>
>>63715806
>Admits paying to watch cuckwars
>>
>>63715806

Shill thread successful!
10 Cents have been added to your account!
>>
ayo same here OP. Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver did good, I'm very relieved.

Boyega was basically side-character.
>>
I'd say solid 7/10

IMO it's visually incredible, both the design and most of the SFX, dialogues are pretty well written, and it's just cool to watch.

But IMO it's litteraly the same thing as A New Hope, then you predict too much things.
>>
went at 10 am

solid 5/10
>>
>>63715806
8/10 for me, han and kylo were great
>>
9/10 for me as well. Fantastic visuals, characters, and so on. J.J did an awesome job, this movie is probably the best star wars movie after episode 6.
>>
>>63715926
Fuck off, /pol/. You have a containment board for a reason
>>
>>63715973
You know nothing about cinema
>>
that kylo introduction scene where he stopped that shot mid-air and let it linger for the remaining scene was well done. I thought kylo would be a joke character, but motherfucker did good.
>>
I'll give this film a solid 2015/2015 and 2 PC thumbs up.
>>
>>63716102
>If you don't like nerdy Star Wars shit now you're racist because it has a black guy
Not him but why are Americans this uptight about race?
>>
>7 Star Wars movies
>8 Police Academy films

Will there be another Star Wars flick?
>>
File: 1450160439197.png (83 KB, 591x363) Image search: [Google]
1450160439197.png
83 KB, 591x363
>>63716178
We have tourists here who think episode 7 means they're invited to post on this board.
>>
>>63715806

1/5

he kind view — the uncynical view, the generous view — is that director J.J. Abrams just wants to give the joy of childhood back to a generation that fell in love with Star Wars back in 1977. (Plus maybe win a new generation over to that story’s mythological power.) Because what he’s done is to remake Star Wars: A New Hope; tweaking it for the passage of time; improving on the acting, the effects, and the dialogue; and tossing in some bits from its sequels (a lightsaber in the snow, father-son conflicts above the void, a journey to find a Jedi master, a strike team sent to take out a shield generator, etc.). Some things are the same with different names: the Empire and the Rebellion are now The First Order and the Resistance. Some things are the same with different people: the Emperor and Darth Vader are now the Supreme Leader and Kylo Ren. Some things are the same with different sizes – New Hope had a weapon that could destroy a planet; Force Awakens has a weapon that can destroy multiple planets. (Both have a weak spot.) Some things are the same but updated, an orphan in the desert with a mysterious heritage, a swashbuckling pilot, a plucky droid. And some things are simply the same: C-3PO and R2-D2, the Millennium Falcon, and oh yes, the Force. The unkind view — the cynical view, the greedminded view — is that there is no need for new ideas when people will line up to pay for old ones.
>>
>>63716135
fuck you, english is not my first language. Why are you saying that?
>>
i saw it earlier no way is it a 9 take off your nostalgia goggles

i'd say it's a 7/10 max
>>
did anyone else notice there was a lot of shitty editing in this movie. The part where Solo is talking to Rey outside the falcon is pretty noticable, the 2 of them jump around to 3 different spots in like 30 seconds.
>>
How to spot a Redditor ex. >>63716102
>doesnt understand 4chan memes
>recycles outdated 4chan memes
>everything needs to be a safespace
>golden mean fallacies
>appeal to popularity fallacy
>contrarian
>tripfag
>fedoratipper
>enjoys redditcore unironically (Cliche'd to shit fedora tipper pandering 90's kid media)
>thinks reddit is 'anything I don't like!! xDD'
>>
>>63715806
7/10 for me. Kylo Ren was the best character, while the goods guys were really bland for the most part
>>
The shot when Han walks towards Kylo Ren after calling him Ben, on the bridge, took my breath away.
>>
>>63716178
>If you don't like nerdy Star Wars shit now you're racist because it has a black guy

Actually Finn is a fucking moron in this movie, it was pretty weird actually. He was an almost Jar Jar level doofus punching bag.
>>
>>63716385
cinematography combined with total silence made that scene a genuinely 10/10. I don't care if I'm being called a shill, this movie was fucking good and adam driver deserves all the credit in the world.
>>
2 out of 5 stars. A glib fascimile.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>63716378
>Kylo Ren was the best character

Kylo Ren was a temper tantrum throwing little baby, guy wasn't badass or threatening at all. Snoke was a loser also. The way he projects himself to be this huge motherfucker with the hologram makes him seem like an insecure faggot.
>>
File: fucking shit.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
fucking shit.webm
1 MB, 640x360
riveting
>>
>>63716568
I miss the jubilant glibposting of a few hours ago. Has the moment passed forever? Will this meme be quickly forgotten?
>>
>>63715806

This is JUST the type of rehash I was expecting, it's nothing but a glib facsimile.

If Star Wars was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Star Wars looks like it's something for little kids.
>>
>>63716537
Go back to reddit. This film is everything wrong with modern cinema.
>>
>>63716816
Loved that fight and how brutal it felt.
>>
>>63716537

>total silence
fuck, that must be why it was so intense.

yep, the first time i saw his face i was like "fuck i can't believe him, but he had a job and he was good at it.
>>
I'm disappointed that it's literally just a rehash of episode IV.

I expected it to play safe given it's Disney, but not THAT safe. Goddamn, at least TRY to tell a new story.

Movie will be forgotten because it isn't at all original.
>>
>>63716893
looks real "brutal" in the webm
>>
http://pastebin.com/LZbiipR0

Actual review of the movie.
>>
>>63716722
I disagree i thought he was threatening. Also the fact that he acts insecure adds more depth to his character, unlike mary sue incarnate and the dindu.
>>
File: poe.jpg (70 KB, 500x675) Image search: [Google]
poe.jpg
70 KB, 500x675
>>63716816
damn they really picked some ugly actors for this movie

>gigantic hipped ape man with sloping brow and protruding jaw

>weird gigantic teeth girl with gigantic forehead and shitty accent

>edgy faggot with jew nose and jumbo ears

and then theres pic related who is like some ideal depiction of man, yet he is a secondary character.
>>
>>63716922
Why criticise something you haven't seen?
>>
>>63716882
stop posting, child. We are discussing the movie.
>>
This is easily the best Star Wars and clearly superscedes Lucas's vision ways I didn't think possible even in the original trilogy. And if anybody accuses me of being a shill, I assure everyone that nobody at 20th Century Fox paid me to post this.
>>
>>63716858
hello new copypasta
>>
>>63717014
>im mad my gay fantasy didnt get the lead

sorry faggot

me and my wifes kids are laughing at you
>>
File: pepe.gif (31 KB, 258x375) Image search: [Google]
pepe.gif
31 KB, 258x375
>>63715806
>9/10
>>
Thought it looked great, sounded great, solid acting and dialogue.
There was a bit too much nostalgia pandering(though that was to be expected) and the plot was way too similar to ANH. Solid or strong 7/10.

Was anyone else bothered by Rey's accent? It sounded really out of place to me.
>>
>>63717014
It's too bad his character gets shafted in this movie.

He seemed way more interesting than Rey or Finn.
>>
>>63715973
Who cares? There's an entire generation that hasn't seen a new hope. Let them have this.
>>
>>63716942

>6.5
>pretty mediocre

huh?
>>
Just saw it half an hour ago, it's competent but unoriginal and often times cringe inducing with it's nostalgia baiting. It's a basically a typical JJ movie, it's very similar to Star Trek Into Darkness but with more ham-fisted "emotional" moments. He copies almost all of imagery from the original movies.
>>
>>63717119
What are you talking about? Anyone can watch A New Hope whenever the fuck they want to.

Disney and JJ are just too fucking lame to try something original.
>>
>>63717119
>There's an entire generation that hasn't seen a new hope. Let them have this.

That's interesting, i mean even my mother hasn't seen A New Hope and i think you can watch the movie without knowing anything about the previous episodes, tho you misses the jokes...
>>
why the fuck was c-3po's arm red?
>>
File: pete.jpg (104 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
pete.jpg
104 KB, 2000x1000
ren looks just like pete holmes in that webm
>>
>>63717072
>your wife's son

what did you mean by this?
>>
>>63717119
You're retarded. At least the prequels tried to be different. Fuck this safe shit. BORING. NEXT.
>>
It was very predictable and some of the dialogue was weak imo (although I watched the Italian dub which is trash). I loved the effects and the characters though. Hopefully they won't fuck the sequels up and make them the same shit as the first trilogy.
I'm sure I'd appreciate it more if I re watched it in English desu, so far it's an 8/10 for me
>>
I thought it was funny how they find out where Luke is directly after solo dies

It's like, we could have used your help on this one m8.
>>
Just came back from seeing it and WOW this must be the laziest movie ever done, I mean it's on a whole other level of unoriginal, I'm sure once the hype dies down people will hate it.
>>
File: image.jpg (922 KB, 1333x2000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
922 KB, 1333x2000
Miss me yet ?
>>
>>63717514
Kek. Keep thinking that, cuck.
>>
>>63717600
Nah, JJ played it safe but not too safe that it's boring
Lucas just went full retard
>>
>>63717600
No George, the movie wasn't that bad, i enjoyed it. Now fuck off.

A third fucking Death Star was really lazy
>>
>>63716858
Saved, this will be great copypasta for the next few days
>>
>>63717514
>I'm sure once the hype dies down people will hate it
Yeah no. I mentioned how similar it was to ANH to my friends, no one gave a shit. Doubt most people will.
>>
>>63717600
Yes. JarJar Abrams was more focused on copying the notes rather recreating the music.
>>
>>63717057
Saved
>>
>>63717600
Most people that aren't fans simply because TBBT made it "cool" to be a "nerd" do
>>
>>63717600
Yes Lucas episode 7 would have added an entire new dimension and style to Star Wars like the prequels did
>>
>>63717600
No, it's your fault this movie came into existence
>>
Does the opening scroll say "EPISODE VII: The Force Awakens"

Or does it not even say episode vii?
>>
>>63718477
first one, obviously. just like all the other star wars movies.
>>
>>63717879
You do realize that that's not actually George Lucas?
>>
>>63715806
fuck off shill
>>
>>63718965
You do realize that you are blind?
>>
>>63715806
Just came back from the shitter, solid 8.5/10
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.