[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Great month for sci-fi and sci-fi announcements. Damn, The Expanse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
Great month for sci-fi and sci-fi announcements. Damn, The Expanse is pretty great. What did you think of the 4 eps released so far?
>>
>>
It sucks, like pretty much everything SyFy touches. Childhood's End isn't so bad but it's not a SyFy show, just another one they stole from Showcase which actually does know how to make good science fiction.
>>
Which faction would you choose, /tv/?
>Earther
>Duster
>Belter
>>
>>63714583
They have four eps out?
>>
>>63716176
BELTER LYFE, NIGGA

EVERYONE ELSE IS MANLETS
>>
>>63716176
Earth stronk
>>
>>63714583
Really came together by episode 4. Martian marines were awesome. And that guy's head coming off, holy fuck.
>>
>>63716176
How is this a question? Earth. The Belt is shit. Mars is a military hellhole.
>>
>>63716176
Mars is the best choice

>earth is filled with nothing but welfare queens
>belters are nothing but octopus limbed cry babies.
>Mars is filled with hard working engineers
>>
File: CWLTVT1UkAAY8cX.jpg-orig.jpg (30 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
CWLTVT1UkAAY8cX.jpg-orig.jpg
30 KB, 600x400
>>63716176
Where is Mars?
>>
>>63716548
>not wanting to live in a world where you don't need to work
>Implying you have the mental and physical skills to be worthy of Martian society.
>>
>>63716066
Childhood's End (show) can't be better than this you idiot. It's literally less mature
>>
>>63716644
What? Childhood's End is very philosophical and mature.
>>
>>63716562
Duster=Martian
>>
>>63716632
>living on world with hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, and supervolcanoes
I'll take my chances in the dome.
>>
>>63716632
>wanting to live in a futuristic society where you just sit around and shitpost all day
>>
>>63716685
He thinks it isn't because it has the word "child" in it.
>>
4 eps are out? I liked the first one, I was gonna wait until a few came out and watch them all at one time, this is great news.
>>
Syfy is really bringing their game again. This show is really good. It was a bit hard to follow at first but it's growing on me.

Childhoods end is really great too. The effect on the Overlord is a great blend of practical and cgi. It's seamless
>>
>>63716874
>ep 1
Eh, seems like it has potential.

>ep 2
Was alright...

>ep 3
Fuck yeah.

>ep 4
FUCK YEAH!
>>
I really thought they wouldn't do anything radical in the first few episodes.
>2 ships blown up
>man impaled
>head blasted off
>no-gravity sex

Fucking love it
>>
>>63717111
fuck off anon, stop hyping I need to sleep right now I can't spend all night watching it
>>
>>63716692
Dome life is hard man. There would be plenty of disasters.
>>
>>63716742
How is that not perfect?
>>
>>63717351
This show goes hard, I agree.
>>
>>63717597
Everything is hard unless you're a welfare queen on earth. And even then, there's so much overcrowding and government red tape in your life you're hardly any better off.
>>
>>63717682
Not there isn't. You just get basic welfare, than basically do whatever you want with that money. Mars would have far more red tape, it's a fascist society with strict rules.
>>
>>63717597
Like what?
>>
>>63717778
Mechanical malfunctions would be common, and because it's not a proper environment, there are few failsafes or natural protections. The book series calls it The Cascade effect. If the system is overwhelmed, the entire system can come crashing down piece by piece. Space is dangerous.
>>
>>63716066
>>63716644

You're both idiots. The same team wrote and produced both The Expanse and Childhoods End for SyFy.

Both are good.
>>
>>63717923
>You're both idiots. The same team wrote and produced both The Expanse and Childhoods End for SyFy.
Nope. Completely different writers.
>>
Are there any other scifi books getting made into shows? I know the Mars trilogy is.
>>
>>63718030
Hyperion
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.