[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do so many people think of Jackie Brown as Tarantino's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: jackie_brown.jpg (505 KB, 1500x2025) Image search: [Google]
jackie_brown.jpg
505 KB, 1500x2025
Why do so many people think of Jackie Brown as Tarantino's best movie?
>>
>>63713238
Sucking Kermode's dick
>>
Because no one does, and we're contrarians.
>>
File: X3LZxpw.jpg (74 KB, 600x885) Image search: [Google]
X3LZxpw.jpg
74 KB, 600x885
>>63713238
Elmore Leonard's already incredible writing, and the narrative changed to a Blaxploitation over the hill gangster movie, and with Tarantino's spot on directing and camera use in place.

The movie is nearly perfect, and the changes QT did from the book were great. He took a book that could have been a 10 hour movie, into nearly 3 and still getting the point of the story across was remarkable. It's an easy to follow story, with a lot of twists and turns and an array of hateable but lovable characters.

It's one of the best book to movie adaptations.
>>
>>63713238
Personally I thought it was shit.
>>
Love Elmore Leonard tbqh.
>>
File: 800px-JB_dvd03.jpg (74 KB, 800x431) Image search: [Google]
800px-JB_dvd03.jpg
74 KB, 800x431
>>63713404

Not to mention Bridget Fonda.
>>
>>63713238
Because is great and non-memed to death by plebs compared to the rest of his stuff.
Plus Elmore Leonard was great.
>>
It has characters that act like human beings rather than walking memes that dispense tarantino dialogue.
>>
>>58575200
This desu senpai
>>
>>63713238
bc its less well known an people feel like special snowflakes by telling its their favorite

pulp fiction is the best, by far
>>
>>63713238
Because it may very well be just that.

Not only because of this >>63713515, it feels more mature on many levels, it's more serious in a way.
>>
>>63713511
>Not to mention Bridget Fonda getting shot to death.
>>
>>63713511
i'm actually glad he shot her
>>
>>63713238
Because of the actual human feeling behind it. It's the only one of his films with a believable love story (Mia/Vincent doesn't count) and that doesn't just coast on homage and video store tropes. It'll be something that you could watch 20 years from now and have it still be relatable. It's TCM core.
>>
>>63713675
>>63713647

Okay, yeah, her character was annoying as hell, but she was great eye candy.
>>
>>63713647
literally the funniest scene i have ever watched in a movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXy8AgE7jBo
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3300x2195) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3300x2195
It's a classic American picaresque gangster movie.

DeNiro plays a bankrobber basically in the Peter Sellers mould, and all of the comedy comes from our knowledge of America, the characters and their subjective view of things around them.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.