[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of Apocalypto?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: south american pocahontas.jpg (209 KB, 1012x1500) Image search: [Google]
south american pocahontas.jpg
209 KB, 1012x1500
What does /tv/ think of Apocalypto?
>>
>>63713068
absolutely loved it no sarcasm
>>
>>63713068
It's a strong 8/10. One of the best epics of the century.
However, for political reasons, it's too highly overrated on this board and treated like something of a masterpiece.
>>
>>63713068
i went to the same school and grew up in the same town rudy youngblood was from. he thought he was the big shit after this came out but he never made it as an actor
>>
>>63713068
Had a kind of Predator vibe but genuinely thrilling. Also found it paradoxically comfy
>>
>>63713068
one of the best.
the biggest crime in Hollywood in the past 100 years is not that Orson Welles killed his wife or that Roman Polanski fucked a 13 year old girl, but that Mel Gibson was blacklisted by those kike shits.
>>
>>63713606
>Comparing Gibson with Welles
>Even comparing Gibson with Polanski
>Comparing and concluding that Gibson is the bigger name of the three

/pol/, you can't into film
>>
File: 1421615611516.jpg (42 KB, 592x282) Image search: [Google]
1421615611516.jpg
42 KB, 592x282
Par for course film making and plot with ticking clock, but better because it depicts a culture not often seen in film let alone the only characters and be in a native language although a bit exploitative here and there but not that bad.

Although Mel's dysfunctional personal life has made praise for this film get a little hyperbole.
>>
Brilliant movie, Gibson's masterpiece IMHO
>>
>>63713243
>However, for political reasons, it's too highly overrated on this board and treated like something of a masterpiece.
I have rarely read something more retarded on this boad than this and that includes Bane, Cunny and ABATAR posting.
>>
The Mayan temples and sacrifices are a thinly veiled reference to the Jewish people who preceded Jesus. The Jews were crushed by the Romans and supplanted by Christianity, and Apocalpyto ends with the Conquistadors arriving carrying crosses to rid the Mayans of their Pagan sacrificial beliefs.
>>
>>63713692
Nowhere did I compare Gibson's talent to those two, you just pulled this out of your ass to sound like some kind of pseudo-intellectuall wannabe film connoiseur. Blow it out your ass and go wank off to Godard, you little film school hipster., will you?
Name us your 10 favourite directors and 10 favourite films. We would like to have a laugh at you, Mr. Film expert.
>>
File: Apocalypto boat.jpg (124 KB, 1252x642) Image search: [Google]
Apocalypto boat.jpg
124 KB, 1252x642
>>
>>63713068
Solid.
>>
File: 1360598592072.gif (2 MB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
1360598592072.gif
2 MB, 350x197
>tfw no more historical movies from Mel
>>
>>63714033
>pseudo-intellectual wannabe film connoisseur
>hipster
>little film school hipster
>Mr. Film expert

I don't need to say anything else, really. Seek your safe space, friend.
>>
>>63714138
>what is hacksaw ridge
>>
>>63713068
An honest and heartwarming expose of aztec culture prior to the arrival of the murderous white people posing as spanish.
>>
Is Berserker completely kill?
>>
>>63714033
name ur top 10 :^))
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.