[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Tease the presence of aliens literally every week > Turns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: ayylmao.jpg (11 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
ayylmao.jpg
11 KB, 443x332
>Tease the presence of aliens literally every week
> Turns out they only show up as a deus ex machina when required
> Never explain their existence

Remind me why this show is so """patrician""" again
>>
>>63703007
>TV show
>patrician
>>
I don't think you know what deus ex machina means
we knew about the aliens since the first episode
>>
>waaaaaaah explain everything to me
>>
>Never explain their existence
Sounds pretty patrician to me. Just what sort of glib facsimile were you expecting anyways?
>>
File: kill yourself.jpg (123 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
kill yourself.jpg
123 KB, 1920x1080
>>63703007
>>
The ufos are almost purely symbolic, they barely affect the plot (and any influence they may have potentially had could be easily replaced by something else).
My only issue is the fact that they got mentioned in the last episode by Lou and Hank. Personally I would have preferred if it was implied that the entire encounter was just something shoved into the back of everyone's minds to be quietly forgotten about.
>>
>>63703007
Last 2 episodes were 0/10, which is a shame because the one before that was 10/10 and the rest was around 8/10 consistently.
>>
>>63703007
but they weren't deus ex machina
lou could've just as easily reached his gun without the ayy lmaos
>>
There aren't /really/ any aliens, there are just characters that see aliens. That's pretty obvious because the only characters who see evidence of aliums are all fucked in the head at the time.
It ties in with the recurring story element of characters misreading situations and the true nature of events being ultimately ambiguous. That's what Martin Freeman's character spells out for you in the particular episode in question, and what Danson spells out for viewers again in the finale with his whole universal language thing. See: Gerhardts killing the cops who they think are Kansas City, who in turn kill the Gerhardts who they think are Kansas City, or Peggy hallucinating in the freezer.
>>63705457
No he couldn't, the 'UFO' (more likely a police helicopter equipped with a spotlight in response to the Sioux Falls massacre) distracted the man with four bullets in him, enabling the man who had just been strangled for half a minute to get his gun and fire off a single round.
>>
File: bear.jpg (43 KB, 680x477) Image search: [Google]
bear.jpg
43 KB, 680x477
>>63703007
I liked this season but I felt like while it had some higher highs, it also had some lower lows

Episode 10 was definitely a weak point, I guess I was expecting and wanting a dog, cat and mouse chase with Lou, Hanzee and the Blomquists and ended up getting a bunch of talking and an ending for Hanzee that seemingly was only done for fanwank.

And a few of the things confused me, but maybe it had some deeper meaning and went over my head
>Peggy in the meat locker and the movie
>The flash forward
>Ted Dancin' talking about language
I really liked Mike's ending however, thought it fit perfectly for a Fargo storyline.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.