[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Mel Brooks supposed to be funny?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: Spaceballs-Yogurt.jpg (95 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
Spaceballs-Yogurt.jpg
95 KB, 1000x600
Is Mel Brooks supposed to be funny?
>>
>>63702063
Is OP a faggot?
>>
He is in high anxiety the rest is glib, fascimile
>>
6 million people think so
>>
File: Spaceballs the image.jpg (157 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Spaceballs the image.jpg
157 KB, 1920x1080
Spaceballs the post
>>
>>63702100
>not 60 gazillion
>>
>>63702063
that's like his worst movie, faggot

watch blazing saddles or young Frankenstein and then kill yourself

he's one of those acceptable tolerable funny Jews
>>
To the same type of people who like old Jewish comedians.
>>
>>63702110
Spaceballs the reply
>>
>>63702110
Spaceballs the bump
>>
>>63702063
Most old comedies that people worship are crap, maybe its because we dont belong to those generations and the jokes arent funny to us, maybe its because the stuff is cliche now. They cant hold up like action or drama.

Anyone who seriously likes Three Stooges or swears Cady Shake is the greatest comedy ever made either retarded, delusional, or only watched once when they were kids andwere told be someone older that it was super funny.

As for Space Balls, parody movies are the lowest of the low.
>>
>>63702172

Both of those are objectively worse than space memes
>>
>>63703162
>Most old comedies that people worship are crap

I used to think like this, but once you reach a certain age the older comedy starts to click for some reason. That chocolate factory scene from I Love Lucy puts me in stitches, if I'd have watched that 10 years ago I'd have thought it was fucking stupid. It's just something you grow into.
>>
He was really funny at the time, but comedy moves on at a brisk pace

Men In Tights is still a fun movie though
>>
>WAIT WAIT REWIND THE MOVIE
>WHERE ARE WE NOW?
>WE'RE RIGHT NOW
>RIGHT NOW?
>RIGHT NOW!
>>
>>63702063
no
>>
>>63704438
>WHEN WILL THEN BE NOW?
>SOON!
>>
Go to LUDICROUS SPEED!
>>
>>63702092
Truth! High Anxiety and Young Frankenstein are top drawer.
>>
>>63702063
I'm actually looking forward to his Spaceballs: The Sequell.

Pure poetry the only sequel brooks makes is his last movie
>>
File: 17-dracula-leslie-nielsen.jpg (42 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
17-dracula-leslie-nielsen.jpg
42 KB, 400x300
sometimes he is.
>>
Being 22 now, Blazing Saddles is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. But, thats one of those, you know, opinions.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
11 KB, 480x360
I'm having trouble with the radar, sir
>>
Spaceballs is boss. Blazing Saddles has good moments but is a mess of a movie. Same as Young Frankenstein. Only good thing about The Producers is "Springtime for Hitler", which IMO is the best broadway-esque song ever written.

Haven't seen any others of his stuff so that's the end of my opinions.
>>
>>63703162
I still like police squad and the naked gun movies.
While mel brooks shit has aged terribly the zucker brothers movies have held up well.
>>
I literally cannot stop sucking dicks
>>
It's funny how unfunny he is
>>
You found anything yet?
>>
>>63702063
Holy shit that actually made me mad. 10/10
>>
They're funny if you're a simpleton who likes slapstick and shallow jokes I guess, Mel Brooks made "Adam Sandler"-movies before Adam Sandler became famous
>>
>>63703162
But Annie Hall was, is, and always will be the funniest movie of all time.
>>
>>63702063

BAIT: THE THREAD!
>>
Can someone explain to me why Blazing Saddles is do highly praised? I tried watching it and just didn't get it at all.
I'm willing to accept I might just be a huge faggot but I'd seriously like an explanation.
>>
Space Balls has some good gags like the rewind bits and "You have captured their stunt doubles" but otherwise, it falls flat, especially the sci-fi parody bits and the jew bits too

Blazing Saddles is pretty good but the finale is a bit lackluster

Young Frankenstein is comedy gold, lots of it thanks to Marty Feldman

The Producers...meh, mostly

Robin Hood still holds up
>>
>>63709232
The western parody is so-so but the bits about race are top tier
>>
File: 8599.jpg (122 KB, 614x712) Image search: [Google]
8599.jpg
122 KB, 614x712
>>63702063

It just proves you have to love what you're parodying.

Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein were fantastic because Brooks loved Westerns and Universal horror schlock. Air Plane and Naked Gun were fantastic because the creators loved disaster films and cop shows. Space Balls was shit because Brooks saw Star Wars once and said, "People love whatever this is and I need a hit, if I parody it everyone will come see it!"
>>
>>63709262
You didn't like the chestburster, plaid speed, or French Mistake?
>>
>>63703162
Airplane is pretty good
>>
>>63709379
I don't really remember those except for the chestburster which I found lacking

I do however remember Pizza the Hut, Prince Valium and other bad jokes
>>
>>63709345
This is true. For those not afraid of subtitles, I'd recommend Lemonade Joe and Four Murders Are Enough, Darling as an example of great parodies.
>>
As a kid I thought Mel Brooks was Gene Wilder.
>>
>>63702110
Spaceballs the (You)
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.