[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what Godzilla movie should I start with? I want something that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: itsgojira.jpg (87 KB, 753x625) Image search: [Google]
itsgojira.jpg
87 KB, 753x625
what Godzilla movie should I start with?

I want something that insn't really slow paced for my introduction
>>
File: 81LnsXEzliL._SY550_.jpg (71 KB, 410x550) Image search: [Google]
81LnsXEzliL._SY550_.jpg
71 KB, 410x550
bamp
>>
File: bartskampson.jpg (82 KB, 600x599) Image search: [Google]
bartskampson.jpg
82 KB, 600x599
one more
>>
File: Mechagodzilla two way attack.webm (2 MB, 720x364) Image search: [Google]
Mechagodzilla two way attack.webm
2 MB, 720x364
Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla.
>>
It doesn't matter. They're all glib facsimiles.
>>
>>63700463

The 98' is the best.
>>
File: Anguirus 2.jpg (14 KB, 450x339) Image search: [Google]
Anguirus 2.jpg
14 KB, 450x339
>>63700463
I'd go with either King Kong vs Godzilla or Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla as a first.

Godzilla Raids Again is good too. It has haunting black and white visuals, an animalistic struggle between the two beasts, and a dark soundtrack. Personally I like the American soundtrack better, but the guy who scored the Japanese also did Mechagodzilla's soundtrack. He does some good stuff. The human sequences are pretty comfy too, especially during the snowy night where they're celebrating one of the main characters getting engaged.
>>
I think pretty much all movies are but a glib facsimile of the original tbqh
>>
>>63700463
Start and end with the 1954 one. If you want pacing, stay AWAY from the 2014 one.
>>
>>63700650
>>63700979
thanks for the actual responses
was going to try Final Wars but will try those instead

>>63700662
>>63700981
oh look memes
>>
>>63700981
The first Godzilla was a glib facsimile of the Beast from 20,000 Fathoms. Toho couldn't afford a Ray Harryhausen level of monster fx so they went with a glib facsimile monster suit.
>>
Godzilla VS Mothra is my favorite, has classic feel and pretty good pacing.

Godzilla VS Mechagodzilla and Terror of Mechagodzilla are pretty good too.

Ghidora the three headed monster is a lot of peoples favorite but it starts a bit slow.
I'd save the 90s/2K ones for later though, but out of all of them I do enjoy Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack.
>>
Godzilla Vs Mechagodzilla
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX-ZGzVXohs
>>
File: 1447861841466.jpg (1 MB, 2660x2072) Image search: [Google]
1447861841466.jpg
1 MB, 2660x2072
>>
>>63702349
I wish they would go ahead and release the complete showa series on blu ray. Also wish return of godzilla would get a blu ray release but the us rights are still up in the air i believe. Heisei series is boss tho.
>>
>these monsters are 100 meters tall guys, we swear!
>>
>>63703633
Godzilla VS Bane when?
>>
>>63701030
>typing in tumblr no-caps-no-punc
>not the biggest meme of them all
>>
>>63703633
Kaiju height averages on fifty meters in the Showa and Millennium eras, and it changes from 80 to 100 during Heisei, you disgusting pleb.
>>
>>63703782
Because the buildings got bigger too. Interesting how real life influences fiction. In the first few movies of the third series Godzilla is smaller again.
>>
>>63700463
Why would anyone look that?
>>
>>63700979
>King Kong vs Godzilla
Ignore this shit, its one of the most well known films, but its absolutely among the weakest.
>>
>>63706972
True but it was supposed to be a parody. I assume they spent most of the budget on the rights to King Kong.
>>
>>63700463

Geez, some of those Zilla's really look like shit. It's as if someone just let mold grow on the older ones and then painted it all dark green.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.