[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This show consistently delivers - season 3 was the best one yet.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: vikings-key-art.jpg (2 MB, 3826x1683) Image search: [Google]
vikings-key-art.jpg
2 MB, 3826x1683
This show consistently delivers - season 3 was the best one yet.

why doesn't /tv/ talk about it more
>>
>>63694143
Most people here get offended at the idea of a woman going to battle, so they shit on it.
>>
>>63694143
> Shieldmaidens
lmao
>>
>>63694143
>scrawny fuccbois and a women posing on a beach

looks like a christian rock album not a bad ass show about vikings.
>>
my only gripe with the show is how the hollywood beauty of most the actors breaks realism big time. Floki is one of the only characters I kinda buy, but that is in part because the actor is scandinavian as well.

>>63695818
>scrawny

well, he's hardly as overweight as you, but scrawny is going a little far. Pretty much all the viking men in the show are muscular in a way that feels authentic for the viking lifestyle, while the saxons are more on the unfit side.
>>
>>63694143
Faggots like Norr, who refuse to acknowledge the ever-increasing bounty of evidence that gives credence to shieldmaidens being not only real but common, haunt these threads and shitpost them to death rather than accept the reality that their He-Man Woman Hater ancestors were actually liberal betas only marginally more alpha than those they pillaged from.
>>
>>63694143
A main character has to die soon. The plot armor on the main fighting chars (everyone in the OP) is so ridiculously overpowered its almost anime tier.

They barely ever even get scratched and when they do it heals in a day from their rapid healing powers.

I'm talking shit but it is a pretty good show though.
>>
>>63696140

>men constantly raped and pillaged those poor womyns!
>all the women were xena warrior princesses girl power!

Pick one senpai
>>
>>63696241
Since everyone grew up thinking the first option was the reality, the fact that the second one is turning out to be more factual has Nordic butthurt set to max.
>>
>>63696267

Where's this "bounty of evidence?
>>
>>63696241
Viking women had to defend their households while the men were away warring and marauding. So they weren't helpless in battle. In less warlike societies (e.g. in the British Isles) where the men stayed home more, women didn't have to perform this role. So viking women were more Xena, and non-viking women were more helpless. Your dichotomy is false anon.
>>
>>63696216
The King of Northumbria kills Ragnar by throwing him in a pit of vipers
>>
>>63696606

You've clearly never done anything physically demanding in your entire life.
>>
>Women Vikings
>Black Vikings

No
>>
>>63696216

>Plot armor

I'm not really sure thats the word here.
I mean consider the last few episodes of season 3, which lead to Ragnar getting really, really fucked up to the point of being bedridden, pissing blood, probably broken ribs and fucked up innars etc. And despite all that he did since then he's still obviously fucked up in the final scene of the season.

I still don't understand the fakeout with his son though.
>>
>>63694143
DUDE 2 DIMENSIONAL BORING FLAT CHARACTERS LMAO
>>
>>63696849
How would physical exertion teach me anything about the relative aptitude of men and women for fighting, or anything about Europe before 1000AD?
>>
>>63696996
Are you serious he just wins every time 100% perfect game flawless victory 1000G Platinum Trophy while the endless stock of cannon fodder bites it with no impact on the audience.
>>
>Shieldmaidens are bad

>Every viking wearing brown leather, the show being based on a mythological figure, and the events taking place across 60 years despite Bjorn having only aged like 15 years from the begining is ok
>>
>>63697170
I think there's another viking show you can watch if you want something accurate
>>
>>63697102

Every major character has been almost mortally wounded at one part and has felt defeat.

They don't die because they're main characters and the networks gotta ride this shit as long as they can, but at least they have faults, endure failures and get fucked up here and there still fairly frequently.
>>
>>63697206
>if you want something accurate

I don't really; I personally don't care. I just think it's hypocritical to complain about ONE historical inacuracy while blatantly ignoring all others

What's the other viking show anyhow? The only other one I'm aware of is The Last Kindom (It's alright, I think it tries too much to look like Vikings, but it's fun enough)
>>
>>63697039

Because if you've actually seen the strength difference between men and women you wouldn't be talking out of your ass about how women could remotely compete at swinging large metal objects at other people.

The strongest woman could beat the weakest male, but even then she's still a liability. You would not stake your life on fighting with someone with half your strength.
>>
>>63697266
When have they felt defeated? People talk shit and get hit, by Ragnar, you know for sure Bjorn can't die because the seer said, and any loss of his comrades happen in such a martyring way that it doesn't impact on Ragnar's strength at all. He orchestrates everything, he's like fucking sheev.
>>
>>63697289
I'm sure there's a docudrama or a documentary series out there called Vikings.
>>
>>63697347
and you fought ronda rousy when?..
>>
>>63697347
If you teach people to fight then they'd be fine to use against farmers and monks.
>>
>>63697347
>Because if you've actually seen the strength difference between men and women you wouldn't be talking out of your ass about how women could remotely compete at swinging large metal objects at other people.

History has show quite a few cases of women being being used in fighting; albeit mainly in defensive positions.

Mind you, the other poster is wrong when saying "Viking women were more Xena". It's it's true that many cultures all across the world uses women fighters to deffend villages or hold back attackers long enough for children and non-fighters to escape.
Even in the Christian world, we had cases of Italian and Spanish women defending their towns from Saracen.
>>
>>63697347
Poor fighters can fight alongside strong ones without being a liability. Harold's army at Hastings included elite soldiers and poorly armed farmers; this was a pretty normal thing. Of course making room for women fighters on a longboat might have been prohibitively costly, if women were as bad as you say they are. I don't know if this is true or not. I doubt that you know any better.
>>
File: ancient viking mascara.png (248 KB, 687x728) Image search: [Google]
ancient viking mascara.png
248 KB, 687x728
>>63694143
There's nothing really to argue about.
>>
The Vikings were farmer, slavers and pirates, they rarely took a fair fight on open ground. They relied on surprise raiding parties and tactical advantages, using fear, and fire. They eventually arrived as colonists and settlers.

Women were seen as valuable as long as they could bear and raise children. It is possible barren women were allowed to serve and fight alongside men, but it seems highly impractical, given the conflict it would create between troops. As a last resort perhaps women were forced into combat to defend a besieged capital.

Vinland Saga is a decent manga about vikings, and whilst it is purely entertainment, it does lift many facts and tidbits about daily life and the role of people in society during the early middle ages.
>>
File: ChristianRockHard10.jpg (529 KB, 2550x2550) Image search: [Google]
ChristianRockHard10.jpg
529 KB, 2550x2550
>>63695818
>looks like a christian rock album
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.