[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars TFA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
File: sw.jpg (399 KB, 1152x1284) Image search: [Google]
sw.jpg
399 KB, 1152x1284
So... I just came back from a press-only preview.

AMA
(will use spoiler tags)
>>
Are you a redditor?
>>
How long until your hand heals?
>>
>>63690319
Just spoil the whole movie for me FaM, I'm not actually ever going to watch any Star Wars movie in my lifetime.
>>
Why did you block out where "The Force Awakens" should be? Is it because that's from Revenge of the Sith and you wanted to not reveal that? I have the same fucking bracelet.
>>
>>63690319
Deliver OP! is it good? is Kylo blind?
>>
>>63690319
Is Kylo Ren related to any of the Skywalkers? Also, is Daisy Riddley's character force sensitive?
>>
>>63690319
Spoil the whole movie plz
>>
did they really just give Luke 5 seconds without even a word ?
>>
Any good foot or axilla shots?
>>
Are you a redditor?
>>
>>63690372
Seconding this
>>
>>63690319
Is the movie a steaming pile of shit?
>>
>>63690357
Good call my young Padawan.
>>
Are you a redditor?
>>
>>63690319
Memes aside, any good?
>>
>>63690319
what publication/company do you work for?
>>
you do realize that you're not on Reddit right?
>>
>tfw only 11 more hours until I can finally know if these spoilers are real or not
>>
>>63690357
>>63690357
>>63690357
>>63690357
>>63690357
>>
Was there any racemixing propaganda? Was Finn involved in any romance with a nonnigger?
>>
>>63690372
luke is gay with the Hispanic guy now, he comes back in the last 5 minutes
>>
>>63690332
>>63690389
>>63690419
Who is this mysterious reddit? Is he a big guy?
>>
Are you a redditor
>>
>>63690319
Is the bbc shown or implied? How many jedi get blacked?
>>
>>63690319

What are your tree 10/10 movies ? Then we can decides if you're opinion worth something.
>>
When is the last time you masturbated? What did you masturbate to?
>>
>>63690332
who knows... :^)

>>63690343
it never will

>>63690357
because i'm not in the us and didn't want to reveal my location

>>63690366
he isn't, it's more interesting than that. And yes

>>63690371
no.

>>63690372
that may be true, but I'm pretty sure his role will be more promiment in the next movie

>>63690375
sadly not. Shit sucks.
>>
>>63690408
it's great, tv will hate it because Finn and rey hold hands frequently, and it's implied that the hook up and are dating at the end
>>
Are you a redditor?
>>
>>63690490
Bullshit, everyone knows that Kylo is the son of Leia and Han
>>
>>63690520
Yes, there nothing wrong with browsing reddit.
>>
>>63690490
just spoil the movie you fucking fag reddito
>>
This type of shit is literally the exact reason tripcodes exist. Why aren't you using one? Are you from reddit? Have you ever been on 4chan? Should you kill yourself?
>>
File: Star Wars (40).png (135 KB, 381x450) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars (40).png
135 KB, 381x450
>>63690357

Revenge of the Sith title where never inbetween the Star wars name.
>>
>>63690319
>Dec 2015

You're from Spain aren't you?
>>
Are you a redditor?
>>
>>63690319
Do we see any saber crystals

is the title scrawl episode VII?
>>
>>63690494
Thanks for the reply anon. It was nice knowing this board but it will explode after they see it.

It looks fun, I will watch it with my nephews and buy them pizza afterwards while /tv/ loses its mind
>>
>>63690398
>>63690408
I thought it was gonna be shit, but it's actually pretty good. They didn't innovate or anything, it's just a remake of the old movies with different characters, but the space fights and lightsaber fights are awesome, the settings, the aliens and other special effects are great too, the plot is copypaste from the old movies, but seeing some old things on the big screen once again is pretty goosebump-inducing i liked it.
Don't go in with huge expectations but it's objectively a good star wars movie, not innovative but well made, and will be good to introduce a new generation to the franchise.

>>63690423
they are all false

>>63690435
Yes, it is full of it. The black guy gets with the white girl. The dark side guy is an aryan, clear metaphor for hitler. Pol was right all along, BRAVO JEW JEW ABRAMS

>>63690476
Earlier today. I think it was either some big titted girl or some hentai or both.
>>
File: pepe-dsk.jpg (89 KB, 612x499) Image search: [Google]
pepe-dsk.jpg
89 KB, 612x499
>>63690547
>there nothing wrong with browsing reddit.
I thought the 'reddit invasion' was just a meymey.
>>
Is Boyega's character a regular storm trooper to start with? If so, how do they explain a clone of a ruthless bounty hunter who is trained to kill feeling bad about killing?
>>
OP is a faggot
>>
File: 1434046694354s.jpg (4 KB, 103x125) Image search: [Google]
1434046694354s.jpg
4 KB, 103x125
fucking mongoloids believing in OP
>>
are you a redditor
>>
>>63690769

I hope you are memeing...
>>
>>63690609
Tripcodes are for fags, i added a name tho.

>>63690684
nope, no saber crystals shown, not that i remember

>>63690702
pol will be mad, it's sjw the movie
>>
don't believe >>63690744

the leaks are true hes just playing you for fools.
>>
File: 1438279071057.gif (2 MB, 480x481) Image search: [Google]
1438279071057.gif
2 MB, 480x481
>>63690744
>They didn't innovate or anything, it's just a remake of the old movies with different characters
>the plot is copypaste from the old movies
>Don't go in with huge expectations but it's objectively a good star wars movie, not innovative but well made, and will be good to introduce a new generation to the franchise.
YOU HAD ONE FUCKING JOB JJ REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>63690769
They say he was taken away from his family and trained to be a stormtrooper since he was a kid. He also worked on the new Death Starâ„¢ as a janitor, but the first time he's sent to battle he can't kill anybody. Nothing more is revealed on his past, not in this episode.

>>63690783
so are you
>>
File: cara-craze.png (406 KB, 500x655) Image search: [Google]
cara-craze.png
406 KB, 500x655
Does r2d2 get on the space ship and fly to padme?
>>
>>63690885
does han die?
>>
Op here, I suck black cocks
>>
>>63690822
disregard this. i am op

boyega spends the entire movie blacking rey
>>
File: 1449341878750.gif (955 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1449341878750.gif
955 KB, 360x360
>>63690885
>He also worked on the new Death Starâ„¢
IT JUST GETS WORSE AND WORSE
>>
>>63690352
This,quite to be frank
>>
>>63690822
>Tripcodes are for fags

Admit it, you redditors only say that because you don't even know how they work.
>>
>>63690889
Nope. R2D2 is in "battery saving" mode and doesn't do anything for the entire movie.
But they do have the new ball-shaped robot take his place. It's literally "help me obi wan kenobi" all over again, copy pasted. Just with a different robot and different characters

>>63690925
I will not confirm nor deny that
;_;
>>
OP here, ask me anything, and I'll reply with vague non-answers and winky faces. ;)
>>
>>63690822
Stop impostoring me.

The entire flick is the man of African origins making his friends of the storm troop watch BBC forcefully
>>
>>63691036
it's a simple yes or no question.
i don't know why you would start an ama thread and not answer people's questions.
either way, i'll take the ;-; as yeah, he does die. which is cool because i was hoping that han would die.
thanks, fag.
>>
>>63690889
what's this from?
>>
so the movie is basically just a new hope clone?
>>
>>63690822
tripcodes are for fags when they're used for multiple unrelated threads. when they're used just for a sense of identity they are gay as shit. but when someone is an insider revealing information they are actually useful so we can suss out what is legit vs bullshit.
>>
>>63690494
This board is pathetic if anyone is going to flip there shit over 2 people holding hands
>>
>>63691219
Then leave already

No one said star shit 7 was an invitation for you to post here
>>
>>63690352
>>63690961
Ok I'll spoil the whole movie:

luke started training jed's but one of his trainees joins the dark side, this makes luke mad so he disappears and doesn't do anything for the entire movie.
Both the good and and the bad guys want to find luke, some dude (A) has a map to find him, but he gets attacked by the bad guys so he puts the map into a robot before they catch him.
A poor girl finds the robot.
In the meanwhile (A) is tortured to reveal luke's location, but a bad guy turned good (B) saves him and they go to the planet where the robot with the map is. They get attacked on the way so A dies.
B finds the girl and the robot, they find an old spaceship (the falcon) and get away from the planet before the bad guys kill them. While they're travelling through space they are captured by a big ship. The ship commander is han solo, who wanted his falcon back. The three (+chewbacca) become a team and go join the good guys (rebels). While they're chilling in a bar the bad guys come in and manage to capture the girl. The baddest guy tortures her again, but she manages to resist (the force is stronk in her).
Now the bad guys with their new death star want to distroy the planet where the rebels are. But the death star has a weak point the x-wings can attack if only the shields are lowered before. They have some time to attack cause first the death star has to suck a whole star in to get the energy for the death ray. So the good guys go to the bad guys base to free the girl and lower the shields. They manage to do both things. They try to convince the bad guy to turn good, but it just turns into a fight. In the end they win and the new death star is destroyed. Everyone parties hard but not really cause some important people died in the operation.
In the end they use the map on the droid to locate luke skywalker. THE END.
(TO BE CONTINUED)
>>
>>63691665
Blatant money grab. Here's hoping it gets bad reviews and ruins hollywood
>>
>>63690319
Spoil everything. My body is ready
>>
How good is it as a "film"?
How good is it as a "flick"?

From what I've read it seems like its an 8/10 flick
>>
>>63691219
kill yourself
>>
>>63691665
Star Wars plots were never very good, hopefully this will be worth watching purely for the entertainment
>>
>>63690744
So they're pulling the Jurassic world card and going for the nostalgia card? Well, at least JW had some originality to it.
>>
>>63692043
As a flick i'd say it's a good 8.5/9. I'll go watch it again with friends.

As a ""film"" it's a 6 at best, but star wars was never a deep film. It's a simple story with cool spaceships, aliens and lightsabers.
>>
>>63692117

Thanks
>>
>>63692103
It is great entertainment, desu

>>63692105
They are. You do get nostalgia goosebumps in some scenes. But at the same time, the story being. it can stand on its own, and be enjoyed even if you know nothing about the previous ones.
I think they played it right. They played it safe as fuck but if they tried making something different it would have bombed. At least they stick to what star wars used to be and people will like it. This thing will EXPLODE at the box office.
I'm calling it now. It will be the highest grossing movie of all time.
>>
>>63690319

since the old characters are getting axed,
are the new guys at least interesting/charismatic?
>>
>>63691665
Oscar Isaac dies. Thank god he doesn't have to waste his time with that drivel for the next 6 years.
>>
>>63690319
No one gives a fuck. The leaks from last year were 95% real. Go try to be an attention whore at reddit
>>
File: fWC6IP4.jpg (209 KB, 647x622) Image search: [Google]
fWC6IP4.jpg
209 KB, 647x622
>>63690319
Are these true? Does he really look like that or not? Describe him, please
>>
>>63690490
Wow, "saw the movie, ask me anything"
People ask things
"nope sorry :)"
>>
>>63691665
this is bland and uninspired enough to be real
>>
>>63692269

Leia and Luke will still be there I think. As for the new characters.. mmm..
The protagonist is a stronk independent girlâ„¢ but it's kind of a simple, flat character. She's not very interesting just seems to be put there to show woymen can be stronk too. The black guy (coprotagonist), is kinda flat too, and his face looks like a monkey so it's distracting.
The bad guy is the more interesting one. He's kind of a bad guy in training. He's just an angsty teen, he has fits of rage, he's jealous of some other bad guy, and he feels he's not as powerful as he wishes, maybe he's not even sure he wants to be a bad guy. When he removes the mask though he looks like a fucking snotty nosed kid and I'm not a fan of the actor. But he's definitely more interesting than the good guys so there's that. Plus he's really powerful he can read people's minds and he can freeze things mid air (even blaster shots or people)
>>
>>63691665

wait, it sucks in the star so it can destroy the planet?

Good god, abrahms, you fucking hack.

let me guess, it goes BWAAAAAAAA whenever they show the sun being sucked up?
>>
>>63692467
Would be funny of Driver becomes a bigger star out of this. They are really trying to push Boyega and Ridley but MEMEs aside, they just don't have that it factor to be stars like Harrison or Hamil
>>
>>63692467
>coprotagonist
Bravo
>>
>>63692105
This comment is retarded. JW shitted on everything JP did right, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>63690319
How often do you spout memes or talk about /tv/ on your failed blog?
>>
>>63692544
Did you even watch the movie, butt head?
>>
>>63692544

JW was comfy,

LW was boring with a few nice scenes, JPIII was a trainwreck.
>>
>>63692467
so who exactly is snoke????
>>
Is snoke shown at all?
Is Driver and Isaac good?
Are the rest of the actors shit?
>>
>>63692402
He does look like that. We only see him through a hologram a couple times, in a very dark room. His hologram is huge much bigger than normal people. He doesn't get along super well with Kylo

>>63690364
>Deliver OP! is it good? is Kylo blind?
forgot to answer this
It is objectively good. Kylo is not blind he gets attacked with a lightsaber on his face towards the end though, so he may have some pretty big scars in the next movies
>>
>>63690539
This
>>
loool
>>
>>63691665
>2 Death Stars destroyed
>3rd generation can still be destroyed by fucking x-wings

What the fuck.
>>
>>63692514
>Hamil
>star

good wan famille
>>
>>63690490
Leia is a fucking Skywalker you inbred retard
>>
>>63692501
the sun sucking part is actually pretty cool desu, i liked it. The 3d is also kinda nice to look at, at least in the cinema i saw it which was good quality, 4k.

>>63692576
>so who exactly is snoke????
>Is snoke shown at all?
Just through a hologram in a dark room a couple of times. He seems to be very powerful and respected but we aren't told much about him and never see him in person.

>Is Driver and Isaac good?
Driver's character is interesting, and he plays him pretty well, although i like it best when he's wearing the mask. Without the mask he looks like a whiny spoiled child who isn't very believable as a bad guy. But I guess that's what makes the character more interesting. Isaac is probably one of the best in the cast. His character doesn't have too much dept, but he plays him well. The rest of the actors are neither particularly good nor bad, just average. I think they could have done a better job casting to be honest.
>>
>>63691665
Holy shit made up spoilers on this website were better than this. I truly hope this isn't real
>>
>>63692705
>>63692813
my bad i actually forgot leia is a skywalker. Yea he's the son of Han and Leia, who are now divorced but still have the feels for each other
>>
SO WHO THE FUCK DIES? POE OR HAN SOLO?
>>
>>63691665
It's a complete copy of Episode Is? Why the fuck did they even make a sequel in the first place? Why didn't they just reboot it? This sounds fucking stupid
>>
>>63692467
> He's kind of a bad guy in training. He's just an angsty teen, he has fits of rage, he's jealous of some other bad guy, and he feels he's not as powerful as he wishes, maybe he's not even sure he wants to be a bad guy

He is a 4chan/gamergate/pol metaphor right? The kinda racist internet guy that complained about Boyega?

Is this another Anita was right movie? Frankly I rarely use my tinfoil hat but damn this goes beyond the usual vague metaphor.
>>
>>63692991
It's pretty much a reboot in everything but name. Mark Hamill said it: "A Star Wars for the new generation"
>>
>>63692965
There is a sad scene with han solo in it... but i won't confirm nor deny anything about deaths.
>>
>>63693046
Why not?
>>
If Star Wars was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Star Wars looks like it's something for little kids.
>>
>>63693004
Nah I son't think its a metaphor for that. But the movie is already enough sjw with a female lead and a black guy who fucks her.

>>63692991
>>63693022
For many scenes you could actually pinpoint a scene in the old trilogy just as if it was a remake. It's full of references and similar characters, but there are some different dynamics for example this time the good guy is the father and the bad guy is the son. It can be seen as sort of a remake so far but we'll see about the rest of the trilogy.
If anything, as a reboot, it may almost be the best star wars so far. The effects are nicer, the story is somewhat simpler to follow, without all george's convoluted bullshit about embargoes and senators and shit.
>>
>>63693059
alright but it's kinda the apex of the movie so only read if you want a huge spoiler..
Han solo is killed ruthlessly by his own son
>>
>>63693210
Well, he clearly is a white young male that antagonize women and black people. Has some sort of fetishism with a Hitler like regime. And he has barely reasons to be angry or antagonizing them.

So yeah, Kylo Ren is a pol user.
>>
>>63693087
star wars IS something for little kids, but there's nothing bad about that. It's entertaining. It's definitely much less deep than many anime I'll give you that, but it's still entertaining.
>>
I saw it this morning, the morning press view, I work at the theater, so I got to see most of it. Fuck NDA's.

Kylro Ren is Han and Leia's son.

Kylro Ren kills Han who tries to talk him back to the light side, this scene was terrible.

White woman who only needs black dick fights off Kylo Ren who is a white male who are the bad guys and gets into a relationship with black dude, forced interracial shit just because.

New death star still has same shitty flaw

Luke is only shown at the end for 30 seconds

its basically the original trilogy sjw blackened edition
>>
>>63693277
What about the blonde guy?
>>
File: crnsz49vaaalf_l-jpg.jpg (363 KB, 599x888) Image search: [Google]
crnsz49vaaalf_l-jpg.jpg
363 KB, 599x888
>>63693210
First the fallout 4 son Bs, And now this?
Wtf is up with the kid being evil plotline?
>>
>>63693305
>Not editing to "JAR JARS"
>>
Does Han ever say "I'm getting too old for this" or "Never tell me the odds" ?
>>
>>63693277
now that i think about it.. I guess you're right.
Kylo is /pol/.

There is also a scene where he's torturing the girl where they make it look like he's sexually frustrated and implies that he'd like to rape her. But she is stronk and runs away and gets with the black guy instead. Cucking him hard.
>>
>>63693305
It's a clever inversion on the original trilogy where the father was evil.

POTTERY
>>
>>63693253
it is shown he's clearly dead (he's given a funeral, etc), or it is just hinted?
>>
>>63693382
Does he know he wants to rape his cousin?
>>
>>63693364
Or "I always shot first"
>>
>>63693401
he basically wants to follow grandpa Anakins steps but the girl is stronger in the force than him.. surprise surprise
>>
>>63693382
Ok that's actually edgy and a point in favor of JJ, because this never took place in SW before except for Jabba
>>
>>63691665
>new death star with the same weakness
Really? I mean. REALLY? Did nobody raise their hand and go this isn't going to fly for the 3rd time?
>>
>>63693532
It's a reboot of the original trilogy just with a role reversal.

Son is bad, father is good.
>>
>>63693532
>>63693575

With all this star wars advertisment, I hope the public gets so tired of it all that it fails to reach the 1 billion dollar mark.
>>
>>63693575
Worst part is people are going to eat this up because of the hype and production value. Jewjabrhams ruins everything he touches./
>>
>>63693364
He doesn't. I wish they made him say it :(
He's still charismatic though, *swoon*

>>63693293
This guy knows, i confirm everything, especially the last sentence.
>>
>>63690744
>but seeing some old things on the big screen once again is pretty goosebump-inducing i liked it.
Back to reddit
>>
>>63693655
>swoon

Are you gay or grill?
>>
>>63693421
Just hinted. Well he gets pierced with a lightsaber and then falls down from a very high place, so realistically, 99% he should be dead.. but we don't see the spoils or a funeral so you never know...

>>63693437
No mention about that

>>63693532
Yea I actually rolled my eyes at that part... made me think of that scene from blue harvest, the family guy reboot..
I think it's pretty much a trope now, kinda like hacking scenes in tv series have to be shit, death stars have to always have a single weak point that can make the whole thing explode...
>>
>>63691665
>Copy A New Hope
>Han Solo comes out of nowhere
>le strunk wimmin character who is developed in the first movie. No sexism here! :^)
Sounds fan fic-tier. Bravo, JJ, bravo
>>
>>63693707
I'm only gay for han solo (*__*)

>grills
>on my japanese imageboard
>>
File: 1438823824882.jpg (315 KB, 753x810) Image search: [Google]
1438823824882.jpg
315 KB, 753x810
> tfw everyone wanted SW sequels to see what happened to the OT characters.

all were getting are deaths and 5 sec appearances, and replaced by a SJW cast
>>
File: 1449209526319.jpg (134 KB, 599x888) Image search: [Google]
1449209526319.jpg
134 KB, 599x888
>>63690885
>>63691665

So in other words, Finn was taken at a young age and forced to be a stormtrooper (slave), to build the new death star (America), but he is such a good little boy dindu nuffin that he couldn't kill anyone at the behest of his white overlords (Hux, Phasma, Kylo, etc.), and ends up joining arms with strong rebellious white womyn to bring down the evil empire and their greatest creation?
>>
File: 1307182975851.gif (363 KB, 256x184) Image search: [Google]
1307182975851.gif
363 KB, 256x184
>>63693833
the skywalker line is now going to be black
>>
>>63693833
>Expecting anything different from Jews

/pol/ is.....right, again. THEY CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!
>>
>>63693858
And you know JJ had this exact thought as he pitched it.

I hate the world we live in that things are so forced.
>>
>>63693877
This is the worst part. Nothing but niggers from here on out.
>>
Hey OP, is there rap music in this movie? I heard they added that to give star wars a hip edge to it.
>>
>>63693833
>Luke is going to be replaced by a no-named black actor because of "reasons"
>Female lead is going to be forced into a romance because of muh progessiveness
>Final movie of this trilogy will no doubt be them getting married while Luke watches on in spirit form at their racemixing.
>>
>>63693087

Star Wars is for kids, but so is almost every anime show. Literally every show and anime film you mentioned is catered to kids, what you see as original and interesting has been done better and without the childish focus of anime in many many sci-fi books.

Anime is probably the lowest form of art if you are actually serious about applying the term art to it.
>>
>>63693952
What are you guys talking about? Kylo whatever is the Skywalker, not the female.
>>
>3rd (THIRD) death star, same weakness

If true, I will not pay to see this.

>bestiality

This will compromise the gross in Asian markets. You need to put in Jackie Chan if a movie has a black lead. A black romantic lead is unheard of in Asia. If this not not beat Jurassic World in every metric, heads will roll, and whoever pushed fr the monkey will be the first on the chopping block.
>>
I hear Daisy can't act
>>
>>63693087
*tip
>>
>>63693988
>Rey isn't a Skywalker
Bullshit. JewJew wouldn't pass up the chance to BLACK the most powerful Force User family.
>>
>>63693858
>forced to be a stormtrooper (slave)
he was also used as a janitor on the death star, yes

> but he is such a good little boy dindu nuffin that he couldn't kill anyone at the behest of his white overlords
The good "dindu nuffin" guy refuses to kill anybody at the beginning and just pretends to shoot instead of shooting, but then he starts killing hundreds of stormtroopers like it's nothing... double standard much?

And yes everything else is correct

>all were getting are deaths and 5 sec appearances, and replaced by a SJW cast
Luke may have a bigger role in the next movies. Han's rolo is pretty big in this one, he's in a ton of scene, and one of the best characters in the movie. Leia appears only in a couple scenes but should be there for the next movies too
>>
>>63693996
It's been confirmed a number of times on reddit, so yeah.

It's JJ, anon. Do you expect originality from him?
>>
>>63694018
I swear if she ends up being Lukes daughter, this will be the worst Trilogy of all time.
>>
>>63694018
Haha, you know she will be.
>>63694044
Prepare for it.

The fact that they are willing to literally make A New Hope 2.0 complete with literally every plot point all over again is proof fucking positive that they are going to rehash everything about the original trilogy.

She doesn't just get the force for no reason.
>>
>tfw Rey is hailed as savior of the galaxy
>tfw Rey defeated the white led factions
>tfw Finn gives Rey a nice big kiss before we jump forward in time to see their race mixed child
Bravo, JJ, bravo
>>
>>63693951
haha no. I didnt watch all the credits though, so the rap music might start later on in the credits

>If true, I will not pay to see this.
It is true, they made it bigger though

>>63694000
Her face is kinda weird, looks like she doesn't have enough skin for strong expressions, she's not super expressive, but not as bad as Jennifer lawrence who is as expressive as a pole
>>
>>63694102
>TFW the last scene of the last episode is a thousand years into the future of a peaceful mixed race society

This folks are making the nazi look good.
>>
File: 1399280543742.gif (3 MB, 400x255) Image search: [Google]
1399280543742.gif
3 MB, 400x255
>all these bitches crying about blacked BBC shit

op is a liar, all she does is kiss his cheek when hes in a fucking coma after going to save her
>>
>>63694000
None of the new people can really act. Kylo is the only one who can do something and he has the benefit of a mask hiding his ugly ass face.

They casted the new people horribly. I get what they were going for with new people, but they really fucked up.
>>
>>63693996
>This will compromise the gross in Asian markets. You need to put in Jackie Chan if a movie has a black lead. A black romantic lead is unheard of in Asia. If this not not beat Jurassic World in every metric, heads will roll, and whoever pushed fr the monkey will be the first on the chopping block.

I have nothing against an interracial relationship, but they could at least have picked a good looking black guy, this guy looks like a fucking monkey.
There were some scenes with him and chewbacca, and chewbacca looked more human than him, not even kidding.
>>
jesus the jews cant grow up of MUH HOLOCAUST
same with the japanese and the nukes all over their media
>>
>>63694000
Hiya Georgie
>>
>>63694202
please it is said several times they have the feels for each other, they also hold hands and shit. And yea that kiss scene was disgusting, don't remind me.
>>
>>63694202
anyone so fucking stupid they are upset about the black guy deserve to be trolled and mocked for fucks sake
>>
>>63693996
Makes matter worse when Ridley kind of has that Chinese squinty eyes look.
>>
>>63694219

Wow, so I'm not the only one.

I could give a shit about interracial romance. But the black dude should be somebody attractive at least. There are plenty of negroes in Hollywood who could play such a role and look far more gorgeous, not to mention there are plenty who are blacker than this no-name nigga and yet still far better looking
>>
>>63694365
Rey's mom is Asian kek
>>
>>63692075
You kill yourself loser
>>
so after fighting his father nearly to the death and then watching him die, Luke Skywalker will now end up fighting his own son nearly to the death but seeing him redeemed...right?
>>
>>63693996
It's true anon, same shitty flaw as the first two, they just rebooted the series and swapped roles, with SJW women power and blacks who get the white women with the white males being the evil in the galaxy and only race mixing can ever be peace
>>
When does the review embargo end?
>>
>>63694469
Doesn't matter, its going to get 10/10s regardless of how rehashed shit it is.
>>
>>63694435
nope. The antagonist is leia's son, so luke is his uncle technically, the soap opera goes on
>>
>>63694469
after you pay for a ticket you stupid goy
>>
File: enhanced-28540-1417428766-15.png (507 KB, 614x344) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-28540-1417428766-15.png
507 KB, 614x344
>>63694299

at the very least they could've cast a handsome black guy, Boyega looks like a monkey
>>
>>63694469
Thursday. So everyone has to pretend it was the greatest thing ever until then so they don't get blackballed by diznee when the next piece of shit comes out so they can keep getting clicks on their shitty blog/show.
>>
http://boards.theforce.net/threads/the-new-rumor-intellectual-thread-of-seriousness-for-sophisticated-discourse.50024907/page-2522#post-52962119 all this is accurate right?
>>
>>63694521
>>63694503

I j-just like seeing how c-close my predictions are f-senpai

:(
>>
>>63694469
the hype behind this movie, almost every single commercial on tv is advertising the movie or toys or some shit about star wars, it will not get below a 9/10 period and probably be hailed as the greatest movie of our generation due to it pandering to SJW and racial mixing

>commercial break
>star wars movie ad
>star wars toy ad
>yogurt star wars ad
>battlefront ad
>kmart star wars toy ad
>end commercial break and repeat
>>
>>63692550
ANSWER ME

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>63694469
In less than three hours, for me at least, not sure about the north american market.

It's gonna get decently good reviews and it will rek the box office. Even if some reviews are bad it will still make a fuckload of money
>>
>>63694531
There are only six major media companies now. You can't afford to upset one. All tent pole wide release flicks will get reviewed more positively than it objectively is. The movies released in dead or off-peak times are open for criticism.

Even if it's Episode IV-2, (literal) re-skin oogaboogaloo
>>
>>63690768
Her her funny anoj i frequent many reddit subreddits and i know many chaners do the same we come here to troll so we dont get our accounts banned by trolling on reddit :)
>>
>>63694551
i skimmed through it, it is all accurate. I guess I can agree, but he has a very negative spin on it, analyzing the movie like it's supposed to be a good film. Itìs a stupid flick with starships and aliens and lightsabers, take it for what it is.My reaction was much more positive.

>>63694573
yea they must have spent so much on advertising, and on a movie which is already so famous everyone was already gonna see anyway... bah

>>63694576
I actually don't have a blog. Friend of mine is a radio host and he had an extra press ticket and i got invited by pretending i was from the same radio
>>
>>63694761
I don't see why people shouldn't be critical of one of the biggest rehashes in movie history. Always want more out of films. I'm pissed that this movie is going to do retardedly well for reasons that aren't even related to the subject matter of the movie. The hype/merchandising/nostalgia machine is too much in this case.
>>
>>63694853
It might not do better than Jurassic World globally, but that's a different conversation.
>>
>>63692819
>>63691665
So if A dies on the way there, how does that explain the shot of A grabbing B's shoulder on a rebel base in one of the trailers? Wouldn't fit in anywhere.
>>
>>63694761
Does Kylo romantically love Rey?
>>
>>63694918
I agree, It'll crush markets in the west. Doubt so in the east.
>>
>>63692869
>Forgot Leia was a Skywalker.

Holy loly
>>
>>63694955
>So if A dies on the way there, how does that explain the shot of A grabbing B's shoulder on a rebel base in one of the trailers? Wouldn't fit in anywhere.
Damn you're a smart boy! Ok I lied, A doesn't actually die. We just see the ship crashing, and they act like heìs dead but it's super clear he didn't die, in fact we see him again towards the end of the movie.

>>63694996
>Does Kylo romantically love Rey?
mm no i wouldn't say so. He is frustrated to see how strong she is, and he kinda wishes she would join the dark side, and when he captures her he says "he could do anything he wanted".. but i wouldn't say he's romantically in love with her.. though you never know i guess
>>
This sounds like a movie that complete Star Wars nerds won't like very much, but may have a broader appeal anyway.
>>
Kylo Ren is Han Solo's son.

Han Solo dies because Kylo Ren kills him.

Luke is isolated on a planet like Yoda. Luke trained Kylo Ren.
>>
File: 1450031489021.jpg (2 MB, 2500x3000) Image search: [Google]
1450031489021.jpg
2 MB, 2500x3000
>>63694299

Fuck off Lansky.

Lando was a bro, and played by a great actor. No one hated him.

Mace was alright and played by fucking Samuel L. Jackson. No one hated him (although he was a bit stereo-typically SLJ in his performance).

There is a reason people don't like Finn, and it's not because he is black, it's because he is ugly as fuck, a mediocre actor, relatively unknown (until now), and was an overtly affirmative action cast by Abrams (as explained by Abrams) to replace Jesse Plemons (aka. Meth Damon) because he was white, and Abrams just couldn't let the opportunity pass to go full interracial romance to make a point.

I'm white, and I honestly would've had no problem whatsoever with a black Lando-esque main character who was black to begin with. That doesn't bother me in the slightest, as long as it's a good actor. I do however have a problem with all of the subversive bullshit that's so prevalent in media nowadays (Supergirl, Jessica Jones, Avenger comics, this movie, Bella and the Bulldogs, American Crime, etc. etc.) where any attempt at a quality show is sacrificed to fit the Jewish model (Strong independent white woman, Black male romantic interest, Beta orbiter white guy for comedic relief). Every. Fucking. Time.

Just once, I'd like to see mainstream movie/show with a strong independent black woman, white male romantic interest, and a beta orbiter black guy for comedic relief, but we all know that's not going to happen.
>>
>>63695257
I'm not a super star wars nerd, but i am a fan of the originals and played a lot of the games and shit, and honestly i liked it. it was enjoyable, and i liked the references to the old ones and the jokes at times. I enjoy that they sticked to canon.
John williams, scrolling titles, planet, ship, etc. etc. It may not be very original and innovative but I probably wouldn't have liked it if it was that way. It was good.
>>
Why the fuck do they keep building death stars?
>>
File: 1448869711430.png (11 KB, 480x323) Image search: [Google]
1448869711430.png
11 KB, 480x323
>>63695200
really nigga
anything else you're bullshitting about or is it all a lie anyway
>>
>>63695365
because they are cool

>>63695420
I just didnt want to spoil 100% but you nerd had to come in with your facts and ruin it, thanks gee
>>
>>63695490
But, see, that's the thing. We're nerds who don't care about the surprise of watching it for the first time in a theater, we just want to be spoiled now.
>>
>>63695490
How do the environments and technology look this time around? What're the coolest props or vehicles used in the film?
>>
>>63695361
As a super Star Wars nerd, I can say without a doubt that I already hate most of the stuff I'm reading. Granted, it still sounds like a good movie, just not the movie I wanted.

>Barely any Luke
>Another Death Star that is destroyed the same way
>Han Solo dies
>Space Smeagol
>The female lead is a Mary Sue
>New droid character is forced and not interesting

It's officially a JJ Abrams film, that's for sure.
>>
>>63695538
i guess.. plus even watching the movie it was super clear, they only found his jacket but no dead body... so cliche'
>>
>>63694299
Lando was played by a classicly trained actor, not some random kid picked off the street.
>>
>>63695257
It kinds of sounds like what Ridley did with Prometheus.

The set dressing is new, but at its core it's a repeat of the same story we've already seen.
>>
>>63695582
reboot of the original movies SJW blackened white cuck special edition
>>
how is the soundtrack?

does duel of fates come back ?
>>
>>63690490
>who knows
>said "AMA" in OP

fuck off back to reddit, aspie
>>
Calling it stonk woman will have a kid with geberic black sidekick by the third movie one of them will die either her giving birth <----i think this one. Or him making a sacrifce only a black man can. The cycle will then continue and hopefully there kid will be the new main character for a new triliogy (we all know thrre going to make one) where he is trained as a jedi but turns sith and we get a movie or 2 from a sith point of view. Since im assuming muh rebels and stonk woman will win by the third movie
>>
So how the hell does Han and Leia lose track of a baby?
>>
>>63695565
mm let me think. There isn't actually much "new" props or vehicles, nothing that made me "wow". it's mostly nostalgia shit, which is still cool don't get me wrong.
There is no cool machine like the AT-ATs or anything really. But the aliens are very well made imo. There's some alien monsters that look very nice.
The "new" things are pretty much all shown in the trailer.
The round robot replacing r2-d2, that kind of squared hover motorcycle thing which looks kinda ridiculous when it moves around, the lightsaber with the hilt.. (which i actually kinda like desu).

Maybe I'm not remembering but from the top of my head there weren't particularly inventive machines or environments, it's all pretty generic shit or nostalgia shit. Now that you made me think about it this makes me reevaluate the movie a bit more negatively. At least george was always able to come up with something new, even if bad.
>>
>>63695680
This probably to much of an original idea though. For the next trilogy expect a cast of transexual blacks and the white main evil villan looks like hitler and is a redneck
>>
File: 1441732826493.jpg (24 KB, 381x396) Image search: [Google]
1441732826493.jpg
24 KB, 381x396
>>63695812
That's disappointing senpai...
>>
>>63695660
The soundtrack is good. It mostly sticks to the original themes with some variations. Friend of mine said he noticed some new themes too, but they weren't memorable to me. I usually only really pay attention to the soundtrack on second viewing though.
No duel of the fates I'm sorry (at least not in this chapter)

>>63695811
>So how the hell does Han and Leia lose track of a baby?
They send the child away from home to train with their good friend Luke, who is a jedi trainer. Not much is explained about this part but basically sometime during the training the kid wants to be more powerful and decides to join the dark side, he doesn't seem to have a very good reason for it, he's just a sexually frustrated angsty teen with anger control issues in his rebellious phase kinda.
>>
>>63691665
A New Hope-Chopped and Screwed
>>
What does Snoke look like? Does he look like this?
>>
>>63695943
Adam Driver looks too old to be playing a teenager, what makes you think he's sexually frustrated?
>>
>>63695943
You'd think Luke would let them know, and so if a young evil force user turns up in the empire, they'd immediately know it was their dipshit son.
>>
>>63695812
>this piece of shit will net billions
>>
>>63691665
Lines up with the first reviews and other spoilers.

So, basically, The Force Awakens is to A New Hope as Prometheus is to Alien.
>>
>>63694278
Leia kissed Luke a few times, does that mean they have feelings for eachother and fucked?
>>
Does Kylo Ren survive? This is the only thing I care about. Is he another Darth Maul? Is he shown to survive?
>>
>>63696044
Why would he die?
>>
Didn't they reveal that Han Solo dies months ago? Why is everyone acting like it's a big revelation?
>>
>>63693087
>The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.
Genius bait, here
>>
>>63690805
I literally have a press function in T minus 10 hours Bratan
>>
>>63696010
>billions

merchandising, yes. many times over

box office? wall street analysts are expecting Jurassic World numbers $1.5B worldwide
>>
>>63696044
Yeah they're just gonna kill off Han and Leia's son.
>>
>>63695989
He kinda looks like a teenager to me in the movie, or at least the way he acts. He's not badass and controlled like vader, he throws tantrums and randomly starts smashing his lightsaber repeatedly against things when he's angry. He's not very sure of himself.
Sexually frustrated cause he's alone there with his stromtroopers all the time, and he doesn't really have much reason to be angry so i'm guessing its sexual frustration.

>>63695987
like this what? He looks like a grey guy with a deformed face, half of it kinda melted. His hologram is much bigger than regular people but I don't know if he's actually bigger than people irl or just uses a zoomed in hologram to feed his ego.
He looks pretty evil and srs, he means business, he's kinda reminding of Darth Sidious.

>>63696001
I hope they explain it better in the next movies, but I don't really have my hopes up. Most shit isn't really explained in this movie. Even at the end, after they destroy the death star, r2d2 randomly wakes up for no reason and tells them where luke is... like really? there is no causation there whatsoever, they just needed a way to make the plot go forward and this was lazy as fuck.
>>
>>63696166
Is Kylo more or less just like Anakin in Episode 3?
>>
>>63696166
What if he is sidious. His face is fucked from the fall.
>>
Was the script accurate? Is this just a second New Hope?
>>
>>63696238
we should push this even after its been proven false. Make up our own forced canon of the masses.
>>
>>63696041
The guy clearly says he loves her, that he saw something in her eyes and felt something etc.. and she doesn't want him to leave and shit and theres all this drama and shit. It's clearly love. But I guess there's hope it won't end well. I honestly don't find these new protagonists relatable at all and the actors are kinda shit but oh well..

>>63696044
Well he gets defeated in a lightsaber fight at the end, gets some pretty bad wounds to his face and body but then randomly the earth cracks and separates him from the girl who's about to kill him. Talk about lazy writing...
Anyway, we don't see him clearly dying, and it wouldn't make sense for them to kill the character, so 99.999999% he will still be alive in the next eps.
>>
>>63696333
Omg i just had a thought a fucking ANDROID HAN SOLO they did it with vader so why not him
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 660x490) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 660x490
>>63696333
So is Luke in this one or not?

What about Hux and Phasma?
>>
File: youjustknow.png (4 MB, 2500x1487) Image search: [Google]
youjustknow.png
4 MB, 2500x1487
>>63696333
Do Rey and Poe interact at all in the film?
>>
>>63696369
Luke shows up at the end for 30 seconds, thats it anon
>>
>>63696333
Wait, so Rey an untrained jedi is able to best a trained sith Lord? Really? Both Quagon and Obi Wan had problems with Darth Maul and Luke was ony able to beat Vader when he got in touch with his anger and fear. This sounds awful.
>>
>>63696380
>5head and too many teeth for her mouth
How did they cast her?
>>
>>63696400
>trained
>sith Lord

pick neither, dude is still an amateur. who's gonna train him with a saber? supreme leader whatwrongwithyourface?
>>
>>63696194
mm not really, they are different characters. This kylo is more of a comedic relief and kinda weird, also his reasons to be evil arent really clear, while anakin had good reasons, he was lured to the dark side because he wanted to becoe strong enough to bring someone he loved back to life.
This kid is much more ruthless and more evil than anakin, but we don't really know why.. anakin (vader) is somewhat more of a serious character, more human and composed. Kylo is more like a guy with serious mental issues.

>>63696319
yea its pretty much a new hope remake with slightly different characters
>>
>>63696369
I haven't seen it, but I'll relay what a couple of reviews have said:

Luke shows up at the very end.

Hux and Phasma are minor roles and not especially memorable.
>>
>>63696394
then there's no reason to watch.
>>
>>63696431
This brings up the other obvious question, how the fuck is he going to train her? Why is that even a plot point when he isn't good enough to throughally beat her.
>>
>>63696400
Kylo Ren isn't a Sith Lord. He's a Jedi School dropout.

I mean, not even that, since he was trained by a guy who didn't even finish Jedi School.
>>
>>63696400
OMG YOUR A SEXIST DONT DOUBT STRONK WOMAN WHO DOSENT EVEN USE THE FORXE OR KNOW HOW TO UNTIL SHE RAGES AND FIGHTS HIM SHE IS STONK GIRL POWER YEAHHH
>>
>>63696431
Well, who trained Darth Maul? OP said he came from Lukes Academy of midichlorians.
>>
>>63696439
Anakin obviously had mental issues, dude.

Also can you describe the comedic moments involving Kylo? Any slapstick?
>>
>>63696483
>Well, who trained Darth Maul?
Darth Sidious. And before that he was trained in combat as Nightbrother of Dathomir.
>>
>>63696513
I heard it's one of those things where he's privately whiney and unimpressive, then feigns confidence when other people are around.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 615x409
>>63696442
Ah....
>>
>>63696431
>>63696467
Kylo Ren was trained by Luke Skywalker. He bested every student at his makeshift academy and killed them dead. It's even implied he fought Luke to a standstill. Kylo Ren is fucking strong, he can stop blaster bolts in mid air and use telepathy to cause full body pain. He's kind of overpowered, actually, so Rey cutting his face open is a big moment. It's implied she has the potential to be just as stronk.

Also his real name is Ben. He's Ben Solo. Kylo is made from his lineage - Skywalker and Solo.
>>
>>63691665
Confirmed for fake.
>>
>>63696369
Luke is in it but just appears at the end and doesn't say a word, the whole episode they are looking for him. (btw, time wasn't kind for mark hamill, he looks like shit)
Hux has a semi relevant role, he's kind of a hitler character giving evil speeches and shit. Kylo seems to be jealous of him cause Snoke seems to like him more than Kylo, and he always manages to do what he needs to, while Kylo keeps failing at getting the rebels.
Phasma has a very minor part, pretty irrelevant and stupid.

>>63696380
not really

>>63696400
Yea that's one thing that really bothered me. It was implied in all other star wars that it takes a FUCKTON of training to become good at this shit. This girl with no training whatsoever becomes super strong out of nowhere with no explanation. When she's being tortured she just "learns" to control people's mind on the spot (yknow the old jedi persuasion trick), she just tries it like two times and the third time it works.
Then she takes luke's lightsaber (first time she's ever taken a lightsaber in her hands), and actually manages to fight off a fucking sith lord, LIKE FUCKING SERIOUSLY? he's a man he's strong he's been trained in this for years, and we see him being super strong in the early parts of the movie, and then this random girl almost kills him. It's retarded, there was no training whatsoever in this movie. I'm not sure if they wanna imply she's super duper strong and needs no training, or if the 2nd will be luke training her, so just more copypasta from the training scenes from old movies..
>>
>>63696467
But still, isn't this her first time picking up the light saber? It just seems way too inconsistent with the previous movies, not including the prequels.
>>
>>63695200
>okay, I lied
Then how can we trust you on everything else?
>>
>>63696442
Hux was cool, shut up. He's second in command to Snoke and he doesn't give a fuck about anything but murdering people, and he shits on Kylo Ren at every opportunity.

Phasma is kind of dull though. She's only around for a bit, but the bit she's around for is cool.
>>
>>63696611
>She
>Untrained
>Can deal with a guy that fought Luke to a standstill
Fuck
This
Movie
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.