[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Harry Potter: The Prequelling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: Fantastic_Beasts.jpg (101 KB, 992x744) Image search: [Google]
Fantastic_Beasts.jpg
101 KB, 992x744
So this is happening.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj1devH5JP4
>>
I still don't get why there isn't some sort of Harry Potter EU. Is JKR holding back the rights or something?
>>
>>63685569
>I still don't get why there isn't some sort of Harry Potter EU. Is JKR holding back the rights or something?

Considering how people piss blood concerning the Star Wars EU maybe it's a good thing there's no glut of HP EU stuff.
>>
>>63685569
Eh? This is essentially the start of the Harry Potter EU.
>>
>>63685620
The floodgates are open now though. Oh, she's just doing one spin-off now, but it's all she can really write, so I wouldn't doubt this is the first of many. Not because she needs the money by any means, but because she needs something to pass the time now that she's richer than the Queen.
>>
American wizards? I might literally be sick. That's one accent that just does not work in fantasy-ish universes. Perfect for sci-fi and post apoc, but not for wizards.

>>63685569
I think JK has a website where she extends her universe. For my part, I've just been trearing all fanfiction I come across as canon.
>>
>>63685768
>Not because she needs the money by any means, but because she needs something to pass the time now that she's richer than the Queen.

She could always just do coke.
>>
File: image.jpg (277 KB, 1235x1601) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
277 KB, 1235x1601
>>63685518
IVE HAD IT WITH GOD DAMN HARRY POTTER

It's time for this shit tier Tumblr tier plebeian garbage to just DIE with however fucking little dignity it had left.

THERES NO FUCKING NEED FOR THIS TO EXIST OUTSIDE OF A CASH GRAB. OPEN YOUR GOD DAMN EYES.

I will FUCK any child who reads Harry Potter. I will FUCK him until he's DEAD. NO MORE PLEBEIANS!! NO MORE FUCKING PLEBEIANS NOT EVEN CHILDREN
>>
>>63685518
I hope it will be better than fucking cuck wars
>>
File: Jeez okay chill out, gawd.png (792 KB, 578x1000) Image search: [Google]
Jeez okay chill out, gawd.png
792 KB, 578x1000
>>63685847
>>
>>63685789
The Dresden Files are boss tho.
>>
>>63685890

what an original post
>>
>>63685518
>misters commander
seriously, what did she mean by this
>>
File: shrug.jpg (49 KB, 555x407) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
49 KB, 555x407
>>63685518
>opens case
>generic roaring sound

Hope the CGI is good
>>
Wasn't this a book you could pay a quid for and it was like an encyclopaedia? How are they making a film out of it?

Not to mention the whole point of the book was Harry, Ron, and Hermione's annotations. You can't translate that to film.
>>
>>63685768
Eh, she wrote a detective story under an alias that sold okay I think but then people noticed the writing style similar to HP. She's basically stuck by the fandom to writing the shit over and over again
>>
>>63686254
>How can you make a film about it?

They made films based off one page stories before this is a cake walk
>>
>>63686237
What I hope is that she ca make Wizard New York as interesting as Wizard London, but I'm kind of doubtful. Her British sensibilities might show through a little too much.
>>
>>63686254
They're not, exactly. It's an original story by JK Rowling about the guy who WROTE that textbook.
>>
>>63685847
10/10
>>
>>63685847
nothing needs to exist really

i'm going to see this, i like the HP universe\production design and fantastic beasts was really imaginative even though it was an encyclopedia. plus it's actually an original story set in the universe that has jack shit to do with the story of the books so it might actually be good

i mean, come on. the basic conceit of whimsical and bizarre monsters running around flapper-era new york sounds fun as fuck
>>
>>63686382
>she has to please her dipshit audience.

nah, she attracted a dipshit audience because she's a dipshit hack writer. It's all she really knows. But, the fucks lap it up, so who cares?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.