[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fargo Season 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: Hanzee Tripoli.png (3 MB, 1264x1422) Image search: [Google]
Hanzee Tripoli.png
3 MB, 1264x1422
Seriously?
>>
Unbelievably stupid. Hawley got carried away by references.
>>
>>63683688
>>63684207
>Two more Breaking Bad fans blown the fuck out
Can't stop laughing. Hawley is the greatest voice in the television form since fucking Lynch and the kids raised on a diet of IMDB sensibility television simply can't handle it.
>>
>>63684309
>since fucking Lynch
so, a hack idolized by retards? got it
>>
>>63684403
The hot pocket man stumbles to another ignorant opinion. Completely unable to comprehend the world once the IMDB blinders he has become so used to wearing are removed from his bloated skull.
>>
>>63684309
>Breaking Bad fans

sounds like you're projecting a bit there, kiddo
>>
was this a reference to something? I didn't get it
>>
Can you faggots stop filling /tv/ with this and at least explain what is this shit about?
>>
oh wait seriously, the plastic surgery was supposed to make him look like that? this is some MGSV level bullshit
>>
>>63685771
The character below from the second season literally gets plastic surgery to become the character above from the first season despite the two not sharing any characteristics and it being clear that the character above was not written to be character below.

It's poor quality writing which makes the gun at the beginning of season 5 of Breaking Bad look like a well thought out plot device.
>>
>>63685783
>this is some MGSV level bullshit
Except whether you like it or not, the MGSV twist can be reasoned for existing. The twist in Fargo literally makes no coherent sense. It's literally just a twist for the sake of making a connection which didn't need to happen at the expense of ruining a good character's arc adequately.
>>
>>63687560
This is what happens when a writer works for plot rather than character. Another good example is Lou vs. Bear.

>good character writing: a character must solve the situation he/she is in. Either they solve it or they don't, but you learn more about the character
>bad character writing: a character is saved by a total fucking coincidence that causes his killer to act stupidly while our man gets his ass saved by luck and nothing else

Bravo Hawley.
>>
>>63687619
I would argue with you over that, but I can't really be bothered defending the show at this point. It's jumped the shark. I cannot believe I am as pissed at that twist as I am, its just plain bad writing.
>>
>>63687619
It happened for a reason. Hawley could have easily written bear getting shot before attacking him.
Or he could have done what he did. It builds more tension.
Fuck you.
>>
everyone is flipping shit but for all we know somebody couldve killed Hanzee between season 2 and season 1 and taken his identity
>>
>>63688146
We're acting upon what we're given rather than speculation that has no basis.
>>
>>63688206
fair enough. although im not really sure why this bothers everyone so much
>>
>>63687509
You missed the point.

It wasn't to pointlessly connect two seemingly unrelated characters for no real reason, it was to cap of Hanzee's arc as someone who rose and built an empire. By making him Tripoli you know he succeeded, instead of leaving it open ended.

It also relates to Mike's ending. One is stripped away of his personality and is fucked for it, and another completely embraces it becoming a king.

I understand why people think its stupid. But there are thematic reasons why its there more than just arbitrarily making a dumb connection.

Wrench and Numbers being kids was pointless though but a little fanservice is fine.
>>
>>63688283
Regardless of how much you try to reason it, the whole pretence of Hanzee becoming Tripoli is fucking ridiculous. We all know why Hanzee became this guy, it was to make a connection to season 1 for the sake of making a connection. It is not thematically sound because it literally has little to do with what Hanzee's character arc was developed to be at that point and as a result feels tacked on like an afterthought.

So I'm led to believe that Hanzee only pursued the Blumquists for a couple of street blocks, gets shot at, disappears, then resurfaces as a fat jew whose characterization makes no sense for it to be Hanzee, so that it could be shown that Hanzee cares more about "building an empire" despite it not really being in line with how his character was developed before episode 10? With this in mind, then I have to ask what was the fucking point of Hanzee arranging the Sioux Falls Massacre to get to the Blumquists if he is just going to disregard it completely an hour later.

It is straight out poor writing which you are giving undeserved credit on the basis of it being "thematically sound", when everything we know of Hanzee up to that point kind of contradicts that. Mike's ending makes sense, but Hanzee's doesn't.
>>
>>63688491
because hes "tired of this life"
>>
>>63688491
Eh, I acknowledged I'm probably reaching, I give the benefit of the doubt simply because it really does dove tails nicely with Mike's ending.

Also Hanzee definitely shows wanting to have a different life, and wanting an empire falls perfectly in line with not want to serve anyone and wanting to be on charge. Also he's definitely not stupid, as in when chasing Ed after getting shot at by Lou he high tailed it out of there because there were police all over from the shoot out at the motel.

I really think its not that much of a stretch to consider Mike's ending and Hanzee's ending to somewhat compliment each other, particularly losing their personalities for something else in the future.

I think people are just mad if was some fat jew in s1. Its stupid, I just contest that there was more thought put into it than some random connection that wasn't necessary.
>>
>>63688670
>I think people are just mad if was some fat jew in s1. Its stupid
Not really when you consider that writing you refer to is the Breaking Bad situation of writing in a gun without knowing what the fuck to do with it, only in this case being that they wrote in the fat jew originally with no intentions of a character in the second season becoming him and it really shows.
>>
>>63688763
They definitely wanted to illustrate that Hanzee became his own king, its just a let down that he became fat and old. But I'm okay with it because people become fat and old in 30 years.

The plastic surgery angle wasn't necessary probably. They could have told him to disappear and reappear with that new name.
>>
>>63683688
it wasn't hanzee you retard it was the jew
>>
>>63688833
this

i really think people are just pissed that he went from a cool redskin badass to a fat old jew that lived and died in one episode of the first season.

but thats life. not the plastic surgery part. but the not so heroic ends for heroic characters.
>>
It wouldn't bother me at all except that Native guys can't grow beards
>>
>>63688888

writers confirmed it was Hanzee
>>
>>63688927
It's not that. It's just obvious that the idea to do this came to the writer(s) late in the game, as the characters themselves are so very different. If perhaps, they added some identifiable traits before the finale, this would not be as much of a problem.
>>
>>63689091
well they admitted that they came up with it halfway through the season.

why are you supposed to be able to guess thats who he becomes before it happens?
>>
>>63688888
What a waste of quints
>>
I don't even remember this guy from season 1
>>
ruined the whole season. maybe if the fat guy didn't die in season 1 it would make more sense so they could use him in season 3
>>
>>63689273
Which is why it was such a great decision. It rewards the hardcore Fargo fan and leaves the fairweather viewers who don't rewatch the show and just hopped on the bandwagon scratching their heads.
>>
>>63689178
You're not supposed to be able to guess, but there has to be something there so that after the reveal it makes some sense to the viewer.
>>
>>63689307
But what about the people who don't instantly look up who Tripoli is and just figure that Hanzee's fate is left a mystery? The joke in all of this is explaining who he becomes to people who know nothing about S1
>>
>>63689355
it made all the sense it needed to. he changed his identity and became Moses Tripoli. nothing about that shouldve left you confused.
>>
>>63683688
Fargo writers were playing the Metal Gear Solid series and picked up some great plot twist ideas from Kojima.
>>
>>63689394
What if Peggy escaped from custody and gotten plastic surgery to become Pearl Nygaard - would that make sense? That's on about the same level of writing.
>>
>>63689392
Never explain jack shit. If they didn't remember Tripoli immediately then they don't deserve to know, let the retards think what they want.
>>
>>63688996
Do you have a link? Or are they your best friends?
>>
>>63689520

yeah but it did make sense. they explained who he became, how he did it, and why he did it. if you didnt like that he became Moses Tripoli then thats your prerogative. but stop saying it didnt make sense because you sound like a fucking retard. end of story.
>>
>>63689546
Nevermind, here's one: http://tvline.com/2015/12/15/fargo-season-3-setting-premiere-date/
That's bullshit man
>>
>>63689520
no that wouldn't have made sense because lester and others went to high school with pearl nygaard. so you lose faggot.
>>
>>63689591
You're saying that it makes sense that it happened because the writers say so? By the end of the season, Hanzee became a rampaging psychopath who hated taking orders. So what you're suggesting is that he soon gave up his new-found ideals to start up an organization like the one he hated? How about you think for yourself, instead of letting the writers do it for you?
>>
>>63689520
With what connections and money would Peggy accomplish that? Think before you try to make a point
>>
>>63689882
You just answered it yourself. He hated taking orders, so he probably wanted to be the one giving them? Its literally fairly simple story telling that you seem to be having a hard time with.
>>
>>63689882
youre saying it doesnt make sense that a man who hates taking orders become one who gives them instead?

its funny how a red faced indian is just a goon but a fat white jew is a leader huh? hmm.

how about you stop thinking for yourself because you arent very good at it
>>
>>63688491
>It is straight out poor writing which you are giving undeserved credit on the basis of it being "thematically sound"

That's pretty much this entire season. It's been pathetic seeing people trip over themselves trying to defend the UFO as some amazing plot element that was totally fitting because "the Coen bros did it" and it was part of "midwest mythology" instead of some lolrandom shit haphazardly thrown in.

Same with Reagan, what was the point of him being such a big presence? The show didn't have anything interesting to say about him or his policies beyond "the corperate 80s are coming, no more family business". It's all just surface level stuff.

The actual plot was sloppily written. Hanzee is a nonentity for the first 3/4 of the show then suddenly becomes the driving force of the plot despite being so shittily written the show has to introduce a narrator just to explain his motives.
>>
>>63689882
>when you're so retarded you dont even know it.
>>
>>63683688

seriously terrible, completely forced, ashame because the season started so good
>>
>>63683688
while it is stupid as hell that those two are somehow the same person. If it had just ended with Hanzee getting a new identity of some unknown random guy, I would have had absolutely no problems with the finale at all.

I still don't think it takes anything away from this season at all, I just think it was a stupid last second move that has no purpose at all.
>>
>>63690017
did you not watch the movie or something?
shiggy
>>
>end of e09: Hanzee chasing Blomquists. Lou chasing Hanzee. Shit's getting hype.
>opening of e10: Sweet-ass montage of all three parties. War machine turning. Hype at maximum.
>30 minutes later: Hanzee just leaves lol.

EXPLAIN THIS SHIT.
>>
>>63690241

bad writing, the season finale was a big letdown
>>
>>63690017
You've got it backwards, the people that are fine with the UFO see it as more of a thematic thing whereas the people who aren't see it as a plot thing. Its more the former than the latter and if you didn't get the Reagan/coming of coporate america and how it related to the characters and plot then I'm noy sure what to tell you.
>>
>>63690241
He was getting shot at and isn't a retard. So he dropped it, because people do that. He was only pissed at them for a personal reason anyway, so it wasn't like he HAD to kill them only that he wanted to.

Basically this complaint is NOT ENOUGH HAPPENING.

I understand for some it was a let down. I preferred Peggy losing her mind and Ed bleeding out on a freezer better
>>
>>63689520
But that can never happened since Lester remembers her from his class?
>>
File: 1442806417899.jpg (41 KB, 498x330) Image search: [Google]
1442806417899.jpg
41 KB, 498x330
>>63689616

http://tvline.com/2015/12/15/fargo-season-3-setting-premiere-date/

>Defending the decision to not only evoke but outright show an alien spacecraft in Season 2, Hawley said,"There are two things that I felt gave me permission: the first was that the Coens [who created the movie Fargo] had used a UFO in The Man Who Wasn’t There, so a lot of that imagery had been there. But also the fact that in 1979, two years after Close Encounters and Star Wars, it was very much in the zeitgeist. And after the crazy political upheavals of the ’70s, where everyone realized that a conspiracy really did go all the way to the top, you realized you couldn’t trust anything — even the skies.”

How could someone this retarded be responsible for the writing of an award-winning cable show?
>>
>>63690266
the season finale was a let down for action fags
>>
>>63690426

I hate the Coen brothers excuse but I like the zeitgeist excuse so its fine
>>
>>63690534

no, it was a letdown for everyone

>Hanzee wasn't even in the store, he just left after being shot at once
>lol Hanzee is Tripoli!
>unnecessary Wrench and Numbers cameo
>awkward Ted Danson speech on the emojis he created in his study
>no close for the crippled gerhart kid in jail
>no mention of what happens to the remaining Kitchen brother

the only good portion of it was Milligan's ending and Peggy's ending
>>
>>63690712
Speak for yourself friendo
>>
>>63690712
>>unnecessary Wrench and Numbers cameo
wut?
>>
>>63685731
they are supposed to be the same guy.
top guy is bottom guy with plastic sugery + 20 years of aging
>>
>>63690712
Hanzee left because it was an unnecessary risk, the place was crawling with cops.

Hanzee being Tripoli has already been discussed in here and basically if you can't get over it then maybe you should stop watching the show.

How was Wrench and Numbers cameo unnecessary?

Ted Danson's emojis were odd ok, but they were a discussion about how he was just fucked up from his wife dying. it kept him busy

>no close for walter junior or kitchen brother
did there absolutely need to be?

i swear if the show closed the way some of you claim you want it to youd be on here saying there wasn't enough left open ended.
>>
>>63690771
This is the problem. You kids can't even look up from your phones long enough to realize what's going on
>>
>the KC Syndicate hires the traitorous hatchet man who betrayed his old employers to run their Fargo operation

I don't get this, it doesn't make sense. Are we to assume that they don't know Tripoli is Hanzee? That they are unaware of Hanzee pulling all those strings at Sioux Falls and actually think Milligan took out the Gerhardt war party? If they don't know he's Hanzee, why would they install some random to run their new territory? Why would they install a treacherous former enemy to run their new territory? Why wouldn't they just put one of their own guys in over there? Why would Hanzee give a shit about running an empire after what he's just been through and done?
>>
>>63691714
theres almost 30 years between the two seasons
>>
How come everybody is ok with Lou looking nothing alike in seasons 1 and 2?
>>
>>63691893
It has already been established that the Fargo universe has extremely effective plastic surgery. Nothing to say that Lou didn't get a new face at some point in the time between season 2 and 1.
>>
>>63691714
If KC knew anything about what happened they would have never promoted Milligan.
>>
>>63683688
If you think about Hanzees character and how he would get to that point in season 1 its actually brilliant. Get over yourself, its a tv show.
>>
>>63691893
they act similarly
>>
File: malvo.png (441 KB, 1078x411) Image search: [Google]
malvo.png
441 KB, 1078x411
Malvo is a girl
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 900x601) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 900x601
>People are dead, Peggy.

All that needed to be said and nobody could manage that for 10 episodes of crazy bitch antics.
>>
>>63692176
:O !!!!!
>>
>>63692310
It felt so good to see a mainstream show take an anti-feminst stance like that. There were literally tears streaming down my face after he destroyed her so completely. Finally a victory for the straight white male. If I was there I would have beat the fucking shit out of her just to teach her a lesson but I liked how calmly Lou broke her and in a way that feminists won't be able to get in a tizzy about without making themselves look retarded.
>>
>>63692310
people ALWAYS ended with death
so they all gonna dead
>>
>>63692391
>If I was there I would have beat the fucking shit out of her just to teach her a lesson

How many (You)s do you think you'll get out of this?
>>
>>63692523
thats one so far
>>
File: 1450233247162.jpg (82 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
1450233247162.jpg
82 KB, 768x432
>>63692176
Literally this
>>
>>63683688

This is a type of storytelling device that seems to really appeal to some people, and I don't get it at all. The desire to draw meaningless connections between characters and plot points, all the references to Coen Bros movies like it's the Marvel Cinematic Universe or something.

Overall they've been doing a great job this season, great storytelling, great performances from a great cast, visually inventive and beautiful, but every time they pull some shit like this it just pulls me right out of it. Honestly, the main problem with Fargo is that it's called "Fargo" and they feel this weird need to set it in the same "universe" as the movie Fargo.
>>
>>63692633
why
>>
File: playground kids.jpg (60 KB, 653x436) Image search: [Google]
playground kids.jpg
60 KB, 653x436
>>63683688
wait I don't remember this part from season 1 but do those kids turn into pic related?
>>
>>63692676
no. those kids were just hanzee's subconscious manifestation of what it was like being a native american in 1979. all 4 of them werent even there
>>
Has any episode ever fucked up a season like this before?
>>
>>63691893
Fargo isn't like a show where the camera is just a fly-on-the-wall witnessing real life events. It's meant to be more like a bunch of actors on a stage, playing real life people.
>>
File: 1450163471218.jpg (68 KB, 480x750) Image search: [Google]
1450163471218.jpg
68 KB, 480x750
>>63690241
that war pigs intro was literally setting up the episode to be the best 10/10 finale in television history

... and then it all fucks up when hanzee just leaves and you get dialogue for the rest of the 40 minutes

THIS HAD SO MUCH POTENTIAL
>>
>>63692851
Nothing makes me happier than when Breaking Bad kiddies get BTFO by real televison
>awwww it all just talkign so boring
Welcome to adult televison.
>>
>>63692851
this
>>
How can anyone like this fedoracore show?
>>
>>63692930
>everyone else must be wrong
>>
>>63692951
>everyone else can't be wrong
>>
File: mp,550x550,matte,ffffff,t.3u2.jpg (76 KB, 422x550) Image search: [Google]
mp,550x550,matte,ffffff,t.3u2.jpg
76 KB, 422x550
>>63692930
>>
>>63692899
You're fucking retarded.

There's nothing wrong with a bunch of talking in a final episode, especially when it's interesting like it was in this episode. But with the music choice they set up an action-heavy finale and they didn't deliver. That's just bad storytelling.
>>
>>63692989
i prefer my own opinion over everyone elses. but the fact that everyone else seems to think the same thing implies you are missing something so obviously there. my guess is good taste. or half a brain. or both.

have fun watching star trek
>>
>>63693009
>But with the music choice they set up an action-heavy finale and they didn't deliver. That's just bad storytelling.
No, it is blowing the fuck out of the plebes with a bait and switch. People who watch "action shows" are enemies of art. They need to be beaten and broken. To get their hopes up and then crush them is what art television is all about.

The whole reason this show was made was to destroy you video game breaking bad cheeto dust fedoracore memmemmememremredmewdmawmadmsadmdaxsmads video game action figure societal degenerates.
>>
>>63693009
no it set up a suspenseful mexican pursuit that led the blumpkins to their demise.
>>
File: 1365238419422.jpg (185 KB, 817x1222) Image search: [Google]
1365238419422.jpg
185 KB, 817x1222
>>63692899
i don't mind talking if this episode wasn't hyped up so much to be an action packed finale

not only by the episode right before it but also by it's introduction

it's like hawley lubed me up & jerked me off until i was about to cum, then decides to stop and read me bedtime stories the rest of the night
>>
>>63693082
thats the point
>>
>>63693082
If serves you right for being a low brow video game inflected faggot.
>>
>>63693082
tyte
>>
File: 1362898394632.jpg (174 KB, 1500x1923) Image search: [Google]
1362898394632.jpg
174 KB, 1500x1923
>>63693104
stop trying to defend shitty rushed writing as a weak attempt to convince yourself you understand 'higher art' in television
>>
>>63693144
Stop trying to criticize artistic television just because it tricked you into thinking you were watching a different kind of show than you actually were. I bet you get mad in no country for old men that you didn't get an epic stand off with Chigurh. The fact that plebs are destroyed is the point.

You get all hyped up only for Hawley to whisper into your ear "this isn't your "entertainment" shit" and then pull the lever as electricity courses through your body.
>>
>>63693229
stop saying what im thinking better than me!!!!!
>>
File: boss.png (427 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
boss.png
427 KB, 640x400
>>63683688
Idiots.

This is the top guy.
>>
It's amazing how all of you retards think plastic surgery doesn't exist. And what the hell is this talk about Season 1 Triopoli not being written to be Hanzee? What the fuck are you talking about? He only had two lines you fucking idiots.
>>
>>63693326
i was also thinking that but apparently the writers confirmed its hanzee?
>>
>>63690241
Awful writing senpai.

Hanzees character would have shot and killed Lou.
>>
>>63693362
Plastic surgery of a quality that would transform hanzee perfectly into Tripoli does not exist.
>>
>>63693362
Chillax bro, we're just trying to say it doesn't seem like the person O'Hanzee aspired to be, I honestly thought he was going to go live in the woods after Peggy cut his hair. The whole him having an agenda the whole time actually was just what people disliked since they did a good job of building him up to be quite mysterious. I even liked all the ufo stuff and episode 9 quite well.
>>
>>63691243
>the place was crawling with cops.
No it wasn't.
Only Lou and the moustache were there.
>>
>>63693559
Aliens don't exist.
>>
>>63693362
plastic surgery doesn't make you 8 inches taller lol
>>
>>63683688

I thought it was implying Hanzee was Malvo.
>>
>>63693065
>fargo
>art

You kids really crack me up. Won't be too long before you turn on it like you did Breaking Bad.
>>
>>63693587
but what about alien plastic surgery?
>>
>>63693653
Oh right, silly me, I forgot, their height measurements which NO ONE HAS MADE ANY REFERENCE OR FACT ABOUT. Fucking idiot.
>>
>>63693428
Nah famille, it's that dude.
>>
>>63693693
Breaking Bad was a transformers video game for the reddit meme crowd from the beginning. Fargo comes from a great artistic lineage.
>>
>>63693565
You're okay
>>
>>63688980
>>
>>63693559
>pushed in nose
>puffed up lips
>age and fat gain
I can see it. I don't like it, but I can see it.
>>
>>63693719
You should pay more attention when watching a show you disgusting ingrate pleb.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-12-16-15h55m20s055.png (351 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-12-16-15h55m20s055.png
351 KB, 720x404
And people said Bear didn't kill her.

Lol
>>
>>63688980
Yes they can retard
>>
>>63693773
SHOT THROUGH THE HEART
>>
>>63693746
They are extremely similar shows with extremely similar fanbases.

The facts speak for themselves.
>>
>>63693773
Didn't even give her a clean headshot. Rude.
>>
>>63693767
You're so fucking sad. We don't even know how tall they are you idiot. It's not even relevant.
>>
>>63693790
Not after plastic surgery, spastic.
>>
>>63693822
>We don't even know how tall they are you idiot.
Are you literally blind?
Is this guy literally blind?
>>
>>63693822
hanzee is a manlet
>>
>>63689307
>the fairweather viewers

It has low ratings, these people don't exist.
>>
>>63683688
>plastic surgery turns an ayy lmao peahead into a long jewy fivehead

Fargo fanbabbies will defend this.
>>
>>63693746
i cant believe people actually shit on breaking bad like it was terrible. we get it, its popular and you dont want to be apart of the same crowd as everyone else.
>>
>>63693799
>They are extremely similar shows
Maybe to the man with no filmic education who can't see past the surface level and is unable to judge quality.
>same fanbase
Except the breaking bad fan plays video games and watches capeshit and the fargo fan devotes his life to the destruction of video games and capeshit.
>>
>>63693910
Well of course they will because "if UFOs exist, then any nonsensical asspull is possible XD"
>>
>>63693948
>Except the breaking bad fan plays video games and watches capeshit and the fargo fan devotes his life to the destruction of video games and capeshit.
no m8
BrBa fans are fargo fans and fargo fans are BrBa fans. I've done my research on /reddit/ and the facts speak for themselves. Now grow up, kiddo. And stop spouting your memes.
>>
>>63693973
tell me why it was so terrible instead of just screaming buzzwords over and over. im giving you the chance to sway me.
>>
>>63692176

On a character level this makes much more sense than the Hanzee twist. I'm dead fucking serious.
>>
Milligans ending being a shitty ripoff of The Shield annoyed me as did the pointless Tripoli link but it was still a fun season.
>>
File: nice. very nice..gif (2 MB, 381x434) Image search: [Google]
nice. very nice..gif
2 MB, 381x434
>>63688888
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (198 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
198 KB, 3000x1688
>>63693973
>>63693948
>>63693746
>butthurt fargo fanatic saying "muh vidya" thinking he's smart
>>
>>63694034
>"entertainment" orientated
>meme based dialogue, cinematography and acting
>literally supports video games, devoting entire scenes to their advertisement, enabling white infantilization.
>Writers made everything up as they went along and oh it shows
>everyone except walter white is a 2D cartoon character and even he himself devolves into a catchphrase spouting MEME as the show progresses
>>
>>63683688
I don't even want to believe it happened, it was so bad and tacked on that I can only process it as an intentional misdirection. Hawley really better retcon this right out next year.
>>
>>63694119
No no, use complete sentences, punctuation, and grammar and explain how any of that is a valid criticism.
>>
>>63694119
wow thats sad if you typed out all that garbage sincerely

why bother shitposting? I guess it's not a waste of time if you have nothing but time..
>>
>>63694119
>>"entertainment" orientated
>>meme based dialogue, cinematography and acting
>>Writers made everything up as they went along and oh it shows
>>everyone is a 2D cartoon character and even he himself devolves into a catchphrase spouting MEME as the show progresses

So Fargo then
>>
>>63694168
he cant. hes addicted to memes.

he was born in the 4chan, molded by it so on and so forth
>>
>>63683688
>people thinking plastic surgery can't change you that much
Okay buds.
>>
>>63694034
because tripoli is a minor 2 bit character in season 1 that gets killed by malvo and its a complete waste of hanzees entire character arc, not to mention he looks nothing like hanzee, plastic surgery in the modern day cant turn a short native american into a taller lighter skin coloured jew with completely different facial structure much less back in 1979

the actual UFO was such a stupid idea regardless of the references to it in the other episodes, like none of the cops saw this thing when they were a minute or 2 away from the scene? Are they really gonna just ignore this?

the entire peggy storyline was fucking stupid, hanzee chases after them, we know he does because he kills the guy in the car which lou interacts with so we know it actually happend and isnt an unreliable narrator or hallucination or some other bullshit, yet he just gives up on chasing them for some reason?

the wrench and numbers thing was also stupid as fuck, these 2 normal kids become gangsters and killers because some indian saved them from getting bullied? I mean fucking what?

it literally seemed like the entire plot was simply to maximize the amount of coen brothers references, i mean enough already for fucks sakes.

Its not just an unsatisfactory resolution its no resolution at all, almost nobody gets any closure or catharsis or any indication the previous events mattered, and dont give me the Sisyphus bullshit.

it was a terrible way to end the season and it ruined a fantastic second season, the only hope is hawley learns from it and season 3 isnt complete garbage.
>>
>>63694245
see
>>63693910
>>
>>63694191
>"entertainment" orientated
>Fargo
There are literally tears streaming down my face I'm laughing so hard. There are literally breaking bad children crying in this very thread that the show didn't give them their promised "entertainment".
>>
>>63694306
nigger you dont even know what show im talking about. stop replying to posts you see on the front page and do a little reading for once.
>>
>>63694119
fargo definitely has more entertainment than breaking bad. breaking bad was just 5 seasons of one giant arc.
>>
>>63694311
Stop crying kid.
Fargo IS "entertainment" orientated.
You'll realise this once you get passed middle school.
>>
>baww the season didn't end like a blockbuster, therefore it sucked
Holy shit can reddit leave already
>>
File: makopoint.jpg (107 KB, 756x694) Image search: [Google]
makopoint.jpg
107 KB, 756x694
>>63693565

This.
>>
>>63693687
same

i guess we're just dumb
>>
>>63694366
Yeah, one giant arc in service of "entertainment". Show me the reddit fan service scenes in Fargo? Breaking Bad has them in pretty much every episode and by the time you get to season 5 literally every scene is a reddit scene.
>>
>>63694396
It ended exactly like a blockbuster.
>>
>>63694417
>Show me the reddit fan service scenes in Fargo?
>Hanzee>>>>>>>>>>trippoli
>Wrench & Numbers
>ayy lmaos

More reddit fan service than anything in breaking bad and that's just the latest episode.
>>
>>63683688

Putting the sheer implausibility of the plastic surgery aside - at what fucking point was there any indication Hanzee had ambitions to be a fat Jew?
>>
>>63694377
I'm 29 and Fargo IS art over entertainment. Maybe some minor entertainment elements like nick offerman's meme character but it's always kept to the side and doesn't undermine the art. Ever hear of the Coen brothers kid? They don't make entertainment and Hawley is their finest disciple. If he made a breaking bad level "entertainment" scene he'd turn a fucking gun to his head and pull the trigger in his fucking trailer.
>>
>>63694467
He never.

This is what is known as "JUMPING THE SHARK".
>>
>>63694417
i dont believe that you are being serious anymore and for that reason im going to stop talking with you
>>
>>63694465
>Asked to name reddit scenes.
>names the exact scenes that the reddit sensibility contigency on /tv/ has been crying about all day saying they ruined the show, proving them to be art scenes.
Way to prove yourself completely wrong.
>>
>>63694474
The Coen Brothers have literally nothing to do with Fargo:The Meme Years. And it is very similar to Breaking Bad.
>>
>>63694465

ayyy was the opposite of fan service
>>
>>63693773
Hated this bitch so much.

>Wah! My daddy doesn't approve of my whorish racemixing ways! Maybe I'll try to have him killed! I'm sure there won't be any repercussions!
>>
>>63694515
The memes have went to your head, kid. This episode was literally reddit and you are lapping it up.
>>
>>63694555
'no'
>>
>>63694536
>And it is very similar to Breaking Bad.
Go on. Even if you do name some superficial similarities you must understand that at every point where breaking bad turns "entertainment" Fargo turns "art".

Breaking Bad gives them their epin fedora tip moment for them to print out and wear on T shirts. Fargo deprives them of these moments and then the breaking bad fans start blubbering about how the season is ruined because they didn't get their meme.
>>
>>63694568
>hated by reddit sensibility posters
>is literally reddit
Child, this is a declaration of war upon reddit.
>>
>>63694635
Repeating your lies does not make them true, kid.
>>
>>63694377
>passed

trolledsoftly.jpg
>>
>>63694605
You are seriously retarded. Both are meme shows with too much fanservice. Breaking Bad comes out on top because it has a properly constructed arc though.
>>
>>63694658
I could say the same to you, kid. Except I'd be right while you're just a shitposter desperate to drag a great show through the mud because you're jealous that smart people are saying it's superior to your show. Go put on your Heisenberg pyjamas and make yourself a glass of warm milk, kid. You're done.
>>
File: 1450229461513.jpg (29 KB, 570x487) Image search: [Google]
1450229461513.jpg
29 KB, 570x487
>>63694605
>fargo
>art

You are everything that is wrong with /tv/ and modern television
>>
>>63694605
i really liked breaking bad and the ending to FargoS02. soooo you're beat.
>>
>>63694742
No, junior.

"Smart" people can see Fargo for what it is. A pretty good show with a little too much reddit tendencies.
>>
>>63694706
>fanservice
>Fargo

>Alienated the lower 90% of viewers in one fell swoop last week before alienating 9 of the remaining 10 percent this week.
>>
>>63694802
May look that way to "smart" people, tiny tot, but to legitimately smart people with artistic training, it's obvious it's the real deal.
>>
>>63694749
>everything that is wrong with /tv/ and modern television
But television is the best it's ever been, defener.
>>
>>63694775
There are several obvious reasons why a breaking bad level viewer could *claim* to have enjoyed the fargo season 2 finale.
>>
>>63694813
>fanservice
>linking a character to a season 1 character for no reason other than to please autistic fans like yourself
>showing 2 season 1 meme characters as children for no reason other than to please autistic fans like yourself
fanservice
>>
File: heston laugh.gif (3 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
heston laugh.gif
3 MB, 290x189
>>63694813

>Alienated

You rascally devil you.

But guys, chill out. A season with two dud episodes and 8 perfect episodes is still hella good.

We are all Mike Milligan.
>>
>>63694890
how bored are you?
>>
>>63694749
>waaah da pretenshus people ruining my tv shows
>i just want comfy fun why they got to take it so seriously with their broing shows I don't understand

Nothing seems to upset the juvenile more than art they aren't equipped to appeciate.
>>
>>63694911
not when those 2 episodes are the final 2 of the season.
>>
>>63694898
It was done to upset fedora tipping middlebrow viewers who think they have standards but actually have zero understanding of real art like you. There is inherent value in the displeasure of cultural enemies.
>>
>>63694890
no claiming. i just liked em.
>>
Seeing the amount of pretentiousness in defending the stupid stuff in the last few episodes is almost nauseating.

Just accept that the season 2, while great, got too caught up in being symbolic rather than having substance.
>>
File: sloth.jpg (63 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
sloth.jpg
63 KB, 1440x1080
>>63694940
>fargo
>art

The sad thing is I think you genuinely believe that.

>>63694986
>it was shit on purpose
>they meant to jumo the shark
>>
File: Untitled.png (931 KB, 1136x402) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
931 KB, 1136x402
i thought the ending was funny. everyone who wanted there to be some kind of major references to season 1 got their shit pushed in.

that being said, come on now. pic related
>>
>>63694802
Smart people would use actual words and ideas to express their feelings on any given tv show instead of something being "a little too reddit" which means fuck all to an adult.
>>
>>63694306
You didn't understand Hanzee's character or arc. You didn't understand Peggy's either. The UFO is a personal preference
>>
>>63695141
So you admit you are out of your depth.
Notch it up. Another internet victory for me.
>>
File: mr-numbers-and-mr-wrench.jpg (113 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
mr-numbers-and-mr-wrench.jpg
113 KB, 1366x768
This was a fantastic tv series, I'd rate it GOAT.

I’d have never guessed Hanzee becomes the Kansas City mob boss in S01 and that's a nice touch, but should have caught the reference to Mr. Wrench and Mr. Numbers, as I was wondering why we had that scene of two kids using sign language.
>>
>>63692176
color me interested
>>
File: 1382117886898s.jpg (22 KB, 125x120) Image search: [Google]
1382117886898s.jpg
22 KB, 125x120
>You share a board with people who think that Breaking Pleb is anywhere near the same league as Fargo
I want /v/ to leave
>>
File: Fargo-Mr.Numbers.jpg (40 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
Fargo-Mr.Numbers.jpg
40 KB, 720x404
>>63695296
>>
>>63690241

They went the NCFOM route
fucking trash
>>
>>63695296
>I’d have never guessed Hanzee becomes the Kansas City mob boss in S01
Do you know why you would never have guessed that?
>>
File: Fargo-Mr.Wrench.jpg (28 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
Fargo-Mr.Wrench.jpg
28 KB, 720x404
>>63695326
>>
>>63695310
>you share a board with people who refuse to make an argument for why one is worse than the other and instead spout memes and buzzwords through greentext which doesnt serve to further the debate any further

oh wait. im doing it too
>>
>>63695334
Because it is terrible writing pulled out of their ass to appeal to the /reddit/ crowd?

Pls respond.
>>
I wanted to discuss how underwhelming the finale was and everyone's talking about some inconsequential link with a hardly memorable character from season 1
did it get posted on reddit or something?
why does anyone even care?
>>
File: 1420569970114.jpg (141 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
1420569970114.jpg
141 KB, 803x688
>>63695395
>inconsequential

Wait for season 3, kid.
>>
File: fargo-hanzee-tripoli.jpg (85 KB, 621x420) Image search: [Google]
fargo-hanzee-tripoli.jpg
85 KB, 621x420
>>63695334
>Do you know why you would never have guessed that?

Because I don't remember every single line from every tv show I watch, but it was a nice touch.

HANZEE: "Not apprehend, dead. Don't care heavily-guarded. Don't care into the sea. Kill and be killed. Head in a bag. There's the message."

TRIPOLI: "Not apprehend. Dead. Don't care extra-marital, don't care not related. Kill and be killed. Head in a bag. There's the message."
>>
>breaking bad appeals to reddit cause reddit stuff

>fargo is art somehow cause everyone else hated it therefore 2deep4u

this is making me love breaking bad more and more. keep going

>>63695428
>>63695138
>>
>>63695428
Did they really do this or are you guys just kidding
It's even worse than I thought. Terrible, just terrible.
>>
Why does Hanzee swear revenge against Kansas City at the end? Because they killed some Gerhardts? He killed more of them himself than Kansas City did.

I swear this show just disappeared up its own asshole these last two episodes.
>>
>>63695416
what difference does it make if he was Hanzee?
>well meme'd
>kid
what is this? are you even saying anything?

and this shit was posted on reddit or something wasn't it?
Tripoli? what did he have, like 2 minutes screen time? how does anyone even know his name?
fuck all of you, all of this is pretty much irrelevant to season 2's story, why do you fucking care?
>>
>>63695463

Dunno why you would have replied to me >>63695428 with that, I love Breaking Bad also.
>>
>>63695617
was linking the two posts to show you who Moses Tripcode really is
>>
>>63695590
It's not irrelevant because it marks Fargo as a trashy meme show that has to rely on cheap tricks instead of offering up anything of substance.
>>
>>63695138
this makes sense
>>
>>63693790
Show me one Native guy with a beard
>>
>>63695590
>what difference does it make if he was Hanzee?
Best way to convey his arc. If they just hinted he was going to become a crime boss all the retards would be getting hype for based hanzee coming back next season, but telling us that his future is to become a man we've already seen die unceremoniously makes everything so inevitable and deflated right off the bat.
>>
>>63695655

Ahh, now that makes more sense. Though wouldn't he be dead by the time of the events in S01?

The guy appears to be already in his late 50's as of 1979.
>>
https://www.google.com/search?q=native+american+beard&safe=off&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=681&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiq067K3d_JAhXFKyYKHV1QBFAQ_AUIBigB
>>
>>63695916
its less than 30 years so he could have been an old looking 48 year old and aged well as an old man?
>>
was that wrench and numbers in the baseball field?
>>
>>63695925
>>63695886
>>
File: 1363395580964.png (105 KB, 197x274) Image search: [Google]
1363395580964.png
105 KB, 197x274
So.

My theory is that Lorne Malvo is an alien. Or was abducted. He had obvious superhuman strength and smarter than Peggy.

I believe the aliens had more meaning but they decided NOT to show them or explain them in the best interest of moving the plot forward. I suspect we will see more aliens in season 3 even if its subtle.

Also, Ted Danson was covering. That was ancient alien sign language and he was clearly contacting them in some shape or form. Notice how the Aliens come as he got shot. He somehow signaled them. Probably using the device that was always attached to his leg.

Remember Cancerfu's speech about advanced communication devices? In her dream? Why would they include it?

So yeah, Ted Dansen contacted the aliens and he saved the day somehow. Will it ever be explained? Probably not.
>>
File: not 75 years old.jpg (36 KB, 650x367) Image search: [Google]
not 75 years old.jpg
36 KB, 650x367
>>63695952
>its less than 30 years so he could have been an old looking 48 year old and aged well as an old man?

I dunno, even if he was 45 in 1979, that would make him 75 in S01 and he sure don't look like a 75 year old man in S01.

The Hanzee = Tripoli theory makes more sense, though there is a remote chance that Hanzee's Mob Contact in S02 allied with him to overthrow Kansas City and then murdered Hanzee and took over the operation.

But the age issue still doesn't work.
>>
File: Hanzee not Tripoli.png (1 MB, 1506x581) Image search: [Google]
Hanzee not Tripoli.png
1 MB, 1506x581
>>63683688
You're really dense. The guy who gives that card to Hanzee is the real Tripoli (See pic). Hanzee just wants to start an empire he doesn't have to be the visible face of it.

In Betsy's dream she mentions the "light" of her family being challenged by an agent of chaos. As such this season ends to a black title card rather than the victorious white of last.

Hanzee then recruits Wrench & Numbers (Brothers? Why else do both speak sign language at such a young age if only one is deaf?).

Wrench survived season 1, what if he plans to report back to his recruiter? Hanzee would also be angered that his empire was toppled. Upon searching for Malvo he'll eventually learn he died at the hands of those connected to Lou.

The game in season 3 remains to be known. but I think it very likely that this very much alive agent of chaos is coming. Molly and Gus put their demon to bed, Lou couldn't finish his and it comes
>>
>>63696051
>device that was always attached to his leg
what?
>>
File: Hanzee.png (608 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Hanzee.png
608 KB, 1366x768
>>63696143
Bonus pic, Agent of chaos inbound.

If I turned on my computer and saw that I would be a bit worried.
>>
>>63696143
good job man we are on the same page. the FBI didnt have the face of the mob. just who Hanzee wanted to be the face.
>>
>>63692676
Fuck this show
>>
>>63696313
>more pleb tears
>>
>>63696143
>The guy who gives that card to Hanzee is the real Tripoli (See pic).

Why would he give Hanzee his own ID and again; he's already too old in 1979 to be the Kansas City mob boss (or a front for secret Hanzee).
>>
>>63695886
>>63695971
>>
>>63692851
tbqh I wanted the alt timeline where lou dies.
>>
>>63696143
literally copy+pasted from reddit

good job faggot, you know what to do....
>>
>>63683688
Season 2 is still better overall, but boy did the fuck up the last episode. I preferred season 1's finale.
>>
>>63696515
No surprise there.

12-18 yo reddits are Fargos key demographic.
>>
>>63696143
Wrong the creator already confirmed hanzee is tripolei. The guy Hanzee was talking to would been like 80 years old.
>>
>>63696585
>Wrong the creator already confirmed hanzee is tripolei
>everything they say has to be true
Already been established that they like trolling their audience.
>>
>>63696143
>one jew
>one slav
>?????
>brothers

>>>/r/eddit/
>>
>>63696515
Literally blames anything on Reddit.

If you saw a similar theory on Reddit though I have pity for your being there
>>
>>63696368
All it is is a fake social really, if you combine that with a birth certificate it's usable for anyone really. Hanzee wasn't getting a passport or anything with pictures.
>>
>>63689903
>With what connections and money would Peggy accomplish that?
She was actualized
>>
>>63696585
26 years, so he's 64 in season 2? What if he's really only 40 and by 1 he's a 66 year old boss kept youthful by deflowering virgins and bathing in blood
>>
>>63696576
Cry more, TD faggot. lol
>>
File: Pete Campbell.gif (3 MB, 410x231) Image search: [Google]
Pete Campbell.gif
3 MB, 410x231
>>63696623
gif related, it's you
>>
File: 1449804430095s.jpg (2 KB, 125x83) Image search: [Google]
1449804430095s.jpg
2 KB, 125x83
>>63696777
Why would I cry?

I've been telling you guys Fargo is a meme show for some time and Noah Crawley has just totally and utterly vindicated everything I have said with one of the most meme-worthy, reddit 45 mins of television I have had the pleasure to laugh at.

I AM ELATED.
>>
>>63696883
>bald
>manlet
>dyel
>clumsy

Wrong on all counts.
>>
>>63696900
Reddit is his buzzword.

You have the same debate style as a gender studies professor.

Step up your game. Be Gary Cooper not Betty LaPlage
>>
>>63696939
>upset his reddit show was called reddit

Grow up, kiddo.
>>
File: Candie.gif (237 KB, 301x120) Image search: [Google]
Candie.gif
237 KB, 301x120
>>63696922
Timestamp or fuck off.
>>
>>63696739
Hanzee going out there and saving mr numbers and wrench made it more than obvious he is Tripolei.
>>
>>63695202
I have no idea what you're talking about, I saw the word reddit and smart in the same sentence and had to respond to whatever it was you were saying
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.