[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, now that it's over. We can all agree, right? Fargo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 15
File: 1450165191839.jpg (23 KB, 350x250) Image search: [Google]
1450165191839.jpg
23 KB, 350x250
So, now that it's over. We can all agree, right?

Fargo S1 >>> Fargo S2
>>
You'd have to be a moron to disagree
>>
Yep. Season 1 had a better start and ending. Season 2 had better build up, only it ended in a complete disappointment in it's last two episodes. Season 1 actually delivered.
>>
>>63682132
Season 2 turned to shit real quick
>>
File: kylo ren.webm (979 KB, 1206x562) Image search: [Google]
kylo ren.webm
979 KB, 1206x562
this is correct. yes.
>>
I remember bitching about the first season's finale because of how Lester's death was too sudden compared to the rest of the episode.
Compared to the second season's last two episodes, that episode is the greatest episode of all time.
Season 1 is indeed better, OP.
>>
SEASON 1 PERFECT EPISODES

SEASON 1 SHIT EPISODES
-None

SEASON 2 PERFECT EPISODES

SEASON 2 SHIT EPISODES

Season 1 wins.
>>
>>63682406
Shit, sorry, I messed that up. Season 2 shit episodes are 7 and 10. 9 is an okay episode with a really dumb ending.
>>
True, although I'd argue this was still the best television of the year.
>>
>>63682132
'no'
>>
>Literal AYY LMAOS
>Hanzee = Tripoli
I don't remember a season of a TV show having so much potential and shitting the bed so quickly at it's end before.
>>
For sure, everyone loved the fuck out of the show by the time it was over. Meanwhile everyone is shitting on this season now.
>>
>>63682685
Actually it ascended to the next level of televisual art in the last 2 episodes. History will prove you wrong. If the sopranos had just ended you would be here saying the cut to black was a shitting of the bed, a squandering of potential.
>>
I felt really bad about the Gerhardts. The emotion actually made me dislike the season as a whole a little more.
>>
Not only was Episode 9's ending fucking retarded, barely anything happened of note in Episode 10. It was a real kick in the nuts. I still feel empty over how lame this shit ended.
>>
File: GOD TIER DODD.png (121 KB, 286x354) Image search: [Google]
GOD TIER DODD.png
121 KB, 286x354
>>63682759
>Actually it ascended to the next level of televisual art in the last 2 episodes
Whatever makes you sleep better at night, Noah.
>>
both are shit
>>
As fans of the first season noted, the second season ends with Zahn McClarnon’s now-fugitive Hanzee assuming the new identity of Moses Tripoli. Mr. Tripoli was the mob boss who employed Sam Hess, the bully who pestered Martin Freeman’s Lester Nygaard in Season 1 that helped set off that chain of bloody events. Mr. Tripoli also had two henchmen, Mr. Wrench and Mr. Numbers — one who is hearing impaired just like one of the boys playing in the field the last time we see Hanzee at the end of Season 2.

Hawley said the writers decided to add this twist “as we were breaking the second half of the season.”

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/fargo-season-3-cast-details-noah-hawley-1201662128/

I digged the ayys but fucking hell this felt like such an asspull.
>>
>>63684340
Wow, such an epic twist.
Fucking Noah.
>>
>>63682132
>Fargo S1 >>> Fargo S2

Agreed but mainly it's because I'm just not a fan of the time period for s02
>>
>>63684931
It doesn't help they went about it the wrong way

>It's the 80s so let's fucking have vignetting all the time LMAO
>>
File: 1445736363623.jpg (266 KB, 905x881) Image search: [Google]
1445736363623.jpg
266 KB, 905x881
I enjoyed season 1 for Lester and Malvo, didn't have a strong opinion on the other characters but it was an okay show 5 / 10
Bearing in mind that television is dogshit these days and so for 2015 it's 10 / 10 ebin brabo

I watched the first episode of season 2 and decided right then and there it was gay as fuck and the quirk factor was gag-worthy. 0/10
>>
>>63685240
>i have never watched the movie

that's basically what you're saying
>>
>>63682611
Why? Mr. Root, Leftovers, Better Call Saul were all amazing. As good as Fargo is, it kind of falls short compared to these.
>>
>>63682457
what is wrong with 7?
>>
>>63685240
Jesus....
>>
>>63685317
I don't think that's what he's saying, I watched the movie multiple times and have the exact same opinion
>>
>>63682194
>I'll try spinning that's a good trick
>>
>>63685407
Never seen Mr. Robot or The Leftovers but if your bar is so low that you consider Better Call Saul to be "amazing" then you obviously have zero standards so they're probably shit. Even Breaking Bad never reached above the level of average and BCS is even worse than that.
>>
File: 1418350696168.gif (820 KB, 275x207) Image search: [Google]
1418350696168.gif
820 KB, 275x207
>>63684931
>not a fan of the time period
this
>>
>>63684340
hooollllyyyfuck
nice with these small connections
>>
>>63685468
You obviously have no appreciation for great scenography, acting and script; which all of the shows I mentioned have it all. Fargo was a fucking meme-show, referencing everyone and everything that the writer found 'cool'. And when Freeman started narrating that one episode, spoonfeeding the viewers explaining what just happened, that was really low.

Maybe you people should watch more shows and then choose a 'best tv of the year'. Stop watching the most overrated shows and then speaking your hive minds "bes shuw on tv rite now, hans down".

Go watch Jessica Jones or whatever other overhyped show you jerk off onto.
>>
>>63685485
>>63684931
How could you guys not like the late 70s the impending doom that Russia was going to bomb America makes me want to live in that era
>>
>>63682808
>barely anything happened of note in Episode 10. It was a real kick in the nuts. I still feel empty over how lame this shit ended.

(quoting you)

i think that's the point - peggy figuring out her actions caused lots of deaths, milligan getting stuck in a desk job, the solversons back to dealing with betsey's imminent death.. it's all the absurdity that noreen was talking about with betsey
>>
>>63682132
Fargo season 1 was literally Reddit: The Show

and i'm not just saying that to be a memesman, Billybob Thornton's character was a tryhard Anton Sughur with little memologues that didn't have any real weight or value, but were just there to make him seem cool and edgy.

Everything about the show felt as forced and unnecessary as the existence of the show itself.

I was considering checking out Season 2 after hearing about some of this UFO stuff but if it actually managed to be worse than the first season I'm staying away.

TV shows that try to emulate the style and substance of films almost always fail. Cant stand TV for the most part desu.
>>
>>63685796
what is a good show i can watch to have good taste like u? :^)
>>
>>63685796
I really enjoyed this show and I watch almost everything that comes on. I even watched the first episode of low winter sun and that shit was just God aweful. I give every show a chance, unless I can gather what it's about from the fans. I can't watch game of thrones because of the midget and incest.
>>
You people miss the point. Episode 9 was the climax and Episode 10 was the resolution. All the characters finished their arcs in completely satisfying ways... mostly.
I won't say Im not a little disappointed, but the entire finale felt right for this show.
The only thing that I didn't like is the Tripoli thing, which is the truth to all those non believers
>>
>>63686057
Episode 9 was a piece of shit too
>>
>>63686073
>Acting like your opinion is fact
go ahead and fuck off, no one asked you chime in
>>
>>63682776
The only one I felt a bit bad for was the girl. She was a product of her environment where people get whatever they want and never have to take no, except for her. They were all awful people but she never had a chance to not be. You could say Bear was a nice enough guy but he still chose this life
>>
>>63686093
I am this board. You are the invading force if you're posting reddit media shows and defending them.
>>
>>63682457
i liked the alien shit idk why. idk why it was so cheesy.
>>
>>63686099
>The only one I felt a bit bad for was the girl
LITERAL KEKOLD WHITE KNIGHTING A RACE MIXER

FUCK OFF TO REDDIT. EVERY SINGLE WHITE FEMALE WHO TOUCHES A BLACK MALE DESERVES TO DIE. I'M TALKING ABOUT REAL LIFE TOO NOT JUST TV SHOWS.
>>
>>63686130
>reddit media shows
I can go in any thread in this board and it is always considered a reddit tier show by some edgelord
>>
>>63686057
Episode 9 was terrible, though. We were hoping 10 would redeem it.
>>
>>63686184
>>63686073
Can you guys not read?
I never said anything about quality
There are plenty of people who hate that the show ended without a big climax fight, even though that happened in episode 9
>>
GUYS

GUYS

WHAT IF

GUYS

WHAT IF HANZEE ISNT ACTUALLY TRIPOLI AND WHAT HE SAID TO THE GUY GIVING HIM HIS PAPERS JUST RESONATED WITH THAT GUY AND THAT GUY IS TRIPOLI IN SEASON 1 BECAUSE HE'S CLEARLY VERY INTO TRIPOLI GIVEN HIS EXTENSIVE EXPLANATION ABOUT IT
>>
S1 was better overall but episodes 5-9 were fantastic, the Finale kinda felt like they ran out of stuff to do. My main two disappointments were:

1. Should have let Hanzee disappear into the shadows, could have left the door open for a later return.

2. They never explained how Lou got the limp. He didn't get shot.
>>
>>63682759
The aliens were great and the rest of episode 10 was great, but hanzee alone means it will never be GOAT like it could have been.
>>
>>63686323
Lou getting shot happened later on, I was hoping they would show it, but it would contradict Molly being in math class when it happened.
Though showing his limp was a nice touch
>>
>>63686317
>Not apprehend. Dead. Don't care heavily guarded. Don't care into the sea. Kill or be killed. Head in a bag. That's the message.
>>
>>63686383
Ah i remember that now. I thought he said that it happened at Sioux Falls while he was explaining it. My bad.
>>
>>63686390
exactly.. that guy could have been like "whoa that was a heavy thing to say" and it stuck with him and he picked it up
>>
>>63686433
Its all good.
On an unrelated note, in the promo for the finale doesn't it show an alien ship past trees while someone holds a gun?
>>
>>63686458
Just realized that was Rye...
>>
>>63686363
The Hanzee revelation is the key to the entire season you fucking /v/edditor.
>>
>>63686458
I'm not too sure, i literally finished the Finale a few minutes ago and got right on the toilet as the credits rolled. Unless there's a scene after the credits it wasn't in the episode. I figured the UFO's were done after that one in episode 9. I've got all the episodes on my DVR though i can check in a moment.
>>
>>63686505
It was but it would have been better if he disappeared only to come back after Lou in season 3 with his own organization or some shit.

Not him btw
>>
>>63686572
Him getting away would have been fine, but leave the rest of that post out of any suggestion from here on out. Its shit
>>
>>63686572
Nope. If Hanzee HADN'T been Tripoli it would have undercut the entire season.
>>
>>63682132
>Fargo S1 >>> Fargo S2

If you're 15
>>
File: 1803.jpg (109 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1803.jpg
109 KB, 413x395
>>63682611
>Better than the end of Mad Men

Fuck outta here
>>
>>63685978
He already said what shows he enjoyed.
>>
>>63686605
Faggot i was just thinking out loud

>>63686654
How? Hanzee should have just faded away. It wasn't necessary for season 1.
>>
>>63687076
>How? Hanzee should have just faded away. It wasn't necessary for season 1.
>I want to remove all poetry from his character arc and just have generic "le bad ass walks off to the horizon" crap. Clearly someone has forgotten about Otto. He is the key to understanding Hanzee's arc.
>>
File: 1449992978590.png (228 KB, 499x516) Image search: [Google]
1449992978590.png
228 KB, 499x516
>>63686317
Go the fuck back to tumblr.

Seriously.
>>
>>63687452
nothing about what he said was tumblr faggot
>>
Yep
>>
They explained nothing about the spaceships. That was all just to be random and quirky. Fucking bullshit.
>>
>>63682132
Agreed. Tho I didn't really like s1 ending that much either.
>>
>>63688424
That lame ass runes in the den explanation to boot.
>>
was i the only one who felt more threatened by dodd than by hansi
>>
>>63682132
I'd just like to say I knew this from the first episode of this season and nobody listened. I TOLD YOU
>>
Season 3 isn't until April 2017. Ffffuuuuuu
>>
>>63682132
first season is better, but second one is awesome too. i liket the ending, but 9thepisode was the weakest. good idea but poorly realised. but i need to watch the whole season again to draw a final conclusion
>>
I don't think the Coen Brothers have done anything great since The Big Lebowski. So much pretentious "deep metaphor" nonsense and boring shit.
>>
>>63682132
after last two ep ofc S1>>>S2
>>
>>63689353
The Big Lebowski is one of their weaker movies. The Man Who Wasn't There, No Country For Old Men, A Serious Man, True Grit and Inside Llewyn Davis are all better.
>>
lorne malvo killed hanzee. best shit ever
>>
File: 1489248599010345.gif (817 KB, 238x200) Image search: [Google]
1489248599010345.gif
817 KB, 238x200
>>63682163

This guy gets it.

Bookends of Season 1 (Eps 1-4 and 8-10) were great.

Season 2 had better consistency but peaked at Episode 8 with its god-tier direction and great writing.

Can take or leave the issues with Episode 9 - the alien interaction should have been more ambiguous imo, the Sioux Falls Massacre was underwhelming to say the least and the direction was crap

Episode 10 was fucking abysmal though
>>
>>63690230
episode 10 > episode 9
>>
> Breaking Bad built its final season on the Percy Bysshe Shelley poem Ozymandias. That poem’s theme of “look on my works, ye mighty, and despair” is a pretty solid echo of the empire-building speech Hanzee’s associate gives him at the end of “Palindrome.” But Fargo cited a different literary influence throughout its second season. It’s Noreen’s copy of Albert Camus’s The Myth of Sisyphus that holds the key to Fargo Season 2. And it was there in the very first episode.

> Fargo made no secret about the book’s importance. The third episode was titled “The Myth of Sisyphus” and Ed gave that great “pushing the rock” in Episode 6.

> But just when you thought you had decided that Ed Blumquist was the Sisyphus of Fargo Season 2, along comes the finale to demonstrate that each and every one of these characters are pushing a rock of their own. For Mike Milligan that rock ends up being the drudgery of paperwork (not a parade) that awaits him back home. For Betsey it’s taking care of her family during what little time she has left. For Peggy it was the relentless search for California. And for Lou it was the dogged pursuit of moral right in a world filled with so many wrongs, as exemplified by the Sisyphian war story he told Peggy. Of course, Lou’s quest would be picked up by his daughter, Molly, in the future.

> For Hanzee, I suppose, that rock was the pursuit of respect, of power, and of never feeling less than. (How Walter White of him.) It took a while, but in Season 1 along came Lorne Malvo to kick Hanzee’s rock back down the hill. Though you may raise an eyebrow at the lengths Fargo went to in order to tie its two seasons together with a bow, you have to admire the consistency of the theme and the cerebral ambition of creator Noah Hawley. There’s no show with quite as many layers currently airing on TV and we can all count ourselves lucky that Hawley is coming back to do it all over again in Season 3.
>>
>>63689557
I refuse to believe that's Hanzee. That would still be too retarded.
>>
File: 1030-katt-williams.jpg (16 KB, 318x318) Image search: [Google]
1030-katt-williams.jpg
16 KB, 318x318
>>63689353
>>63689420
>>
>>63690475

>There’s no show with quite as many layers currently airing on TV and we can all count ourselves lucky that Hawley is coming back to do it all over again in Season 3.

These TV reviewers chat some shit don't they?

Layers?

So basing the entirety of the show's themes around a single philosophical text, whilst regurgitating visual cues from Coen Brothers films, is considered genius?

[spolier]More like laziness[/spoiler]
>>
>>63690507
>The biggest nigga since niggas done been been in niggadom.

Yeah, I finally got around to wtaching the S2 finale and it was underwhelming. I agree with the anon that said S2 had more consistent episodes while S1 had better bookends.

Dunst was given fuck all to do after the great stuff in the cabin. Ed was barely given any kind of worthwhile sendoff. Milligan was a good character that seemed like he didn't really affect the plot much (SEEMED, I know he did plenty) and I enjoyed his fuck-you ending.

The whole Hahnzee thing came out of left field and would've been alright if he was a cypher and not the dude from S1. All the stuff with Lou was fine. I didn't mind the alien stuff, but I think it would've been more compelling being more ambiguous. Plus there wasn't enough Jean Smart, who looked exactly like my grandma.

All in all, it lost a lot of steam toward the end and that's a shame. Still better than most of what's on TV probably.
>>
>>63690668
>Coen Brothers updated for a new generation and more relevent medium
>Show pays homage with visual queues while also increasing both the intellectualism and the entertainment
>this is somehow bad

This bias is why nobody who has ever liked a Coen Brothers movie has any business criticizing Fargo.
>not muh coens
>dey rip muh coens off
>>
File: aces.webm (159 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
aces.webm
159 KB, 720x405
Best role Thorton will ever have. He was born to play it. S1 was better for a lot of reasons, but the delight with which its villains were written and acted it what makes it memorable.
>>
>>63690982
Too much of a meme character by half. I prefer him in Sling Blade, The Man Who Wasn't There and even Bad Santa. You could practically hear that "upvote reddit style" song playing in the background of every scene where he was doing his quirky menacing acting.
>>
So there was no conclusion to Charlie Gerhardt's story other than he goes to jail?
>>
are there any modern shows that don't go to shit after season 1?

>House of Cards
>True Detective
>GoT
>WD
>Fargo

what the fuck
>>
>>63691043
enough with the "meme" shit, it literally has no substance when you say it involving any character thats deemed "meme" which is bullshit and you sound ridiculous just saying it. No one thinks that. Bob played his role extremely well of such a fascinating villain of a great season.
>>
Season 2 was far superior desu. You'd have to be a /tv/ contrarian or redditor to believe otherwise. But as we both know, those two are basically the same thing
>>
>>63691369
I feel like when people call stuff "meme stuff," they just mean that it's pandering and corny.

I agree with you, the character was really interesting and played very well, but you should probably get an understanding of these terms /tv/ loves to use.
>>
>>63691369
>Bob played his role extremely well
okay
>such a fascinating villain
Not at all, shallow meme character
>of a great season.
It's a mediocre show full stop. Coens MEMEMMEMEMEMMEMEMEMEMEMEMMEM3EMMEMKEMEWMEMME edition with none of the charm or intelligence.
>>
>>63691043
>meme character
Kill yourself
>>
>>63685468

Oh mr robot, now I can tell this guy love amazing first and last episode series and in between episodes are fucking boring.

All American TV shows are like that.
>>
Season 2 is literally a meme season.
>>
>>63691199
The Leftovers
>>
File: 1450233247162.jpg (82 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
1450233247162.jpg
82 KB, 768x432
Behold
>>
>>63685407
>Fargo S02 falls short of Better Call Saul S01
I like Better Call Saul but you're kidding yourself here
>>
>>63682132
I thought that was obvious from the first episodes.
>>
File: leroy-s-motor-inn.jpg (57 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
leroy-s-motor-inn.jpg
57 KB, 640x480
>nobody further than an hour away even knows your shitty town even exists
>the crack motel where indians drink themselves to death every week is as close as your town will ever come to being on the map
>>
yeah
>>
File: LOL.jpg (6 KB, 180x222) Image search: [Google]
LOL.jpg
6 KB, 180x222
>>63685240
>>
After the finale, hell yes
>>
File: guns.jpg (30 KB, 540x384) Image search: [Google]
guns.jpg
30 KB, 540x384
Billy Bob Thorton as an invincible sociopath assassin dentist with so many le quirks?

No thanks. Even if the last episode was meh, Season 2 is ten times better than S01.
>>
>>63685440
Very slow. Half of our main characters aren't present because they made 7 and 8 simultaneous.
While you're watching Bear drive Bustanutfu into the woods for twenty minutes all you want to know is what happened to the Blumquists and Dodd.
>>
>>63691369
thread/
>>
>>63685445
I did the exact same thing as well.
>>
>>63690727
You sound like a child.
>>
Anyone who dislikes S2 cant into subtext ir even researching the titles of each episode.i feel bad for yiu guys.

Just go watch 24 or maybe law and order.
>>
>>63696169
underrated post
>>
So, what was each of you guys takeaway from season 2?
Mine was that we pretty much got it right with traditional values and sense of community, but external forces keep trying to tear us away from it and "fix" something that isn't broken, especially during dark times. You ain't going to find any comfort or answers reading long dead pretentious Frenchmen, no self help courses or big cause schemes will actualize you beyond who you truly are and no visitors from another planet are going to reveal themselves to bring us peace and harmony.
The only solids we can rely on in our one way course trough the sea of absurdity are friends, family and the kindness of strangers.
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.