[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how was this scene shot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Image2.png (562 KB, 1325x578) Image search: [Google]
Image2.png
562 KB, 1325x578
how was this scene shot
>>
>>63674894

With pottery
>>
>>63674894
literally smoke and mirrors
>>
>>63674894
They had a rotating crane-thing that kept level with the speeder, and the illusion of zero-g was added with optical effects.
>>
>>63675000
explain
>>
they attacked it to a car underneath and used various special effects to disguise it.

I think they quite possibly used optical printer and paint at points too
>>
>>63674894
Why did Luke tell 3PO to "hit the accelerator"? wasn't he the one driving
>>
>>63675019
Mirrors
>>
Mirrors is the correct answer. I remember it from the Ultimate Visual Guide or one of those old books
>>
>>63674894
They smeared vaseline on the part of the film where the wheels are
>>
>>63675000
Not for those shots. They used a buggy and edited out the wheels. The gimbal was used on close up scenes like when Luke jumps out of the speeded

In the original it was obvious where they edited it since there was a blue glow under the speeder
>>
>>63675867
Maybe he actually meant give it a whack to get it going?

Old and broken technology is kind of Star Wars's thing. Or at least it was.
>>
File: LANDSPEEDER WITH MIRROR.jpg (175 KB, 580x392) Image search: [Google]
LANDSPEEDER WITH MIRROR.jpg
175 KB, 580x392
>>63676069
And with the added mirrors
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.