[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Literally hasn't made a single good movie yet people believe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
File: J.J._Abrams_by_David_Shankbone.jpg (531 KB, 1878x2345) Image search: [Google]
J.J._Abrams_by_David_Shankbone.jpg
531 KB, 1878x2345
Literally hasn't made a single good movie yet people believe the Star Wars is going to be good. Are people just dumb?
>>
I liked Cloverfield honestly
>>
>tfw Abrams in the future will be venerated as on par with David Lnch
>>
Most people don't even know who directs what movie.
>>
>>63673796
>producers
>in charge of making movies

reddit is leaking
>>
And i thought /v/ was petty about popular things. You faggots make them look like mature sensible people.
>>
>>63673773
It`s all about the marketing, the media, and so on. His Star Trek movies were good but wholly unmemorable. Did he direct two or three of those movies? Who can remember?
>>
>>63673845
>Train wreck: into derpness
>Good
I don't think so tim
>>
He has made the third best M:I movie- the best at the time-, a nice Spielberg-lite adventure, and then decent spaceshit.

Just directing, of course.

Oh, almost forgot L O S T
>>
>>63673842

This
>>
>>63673933
>derp

reddit please go
>>
>Mission Impossible 3
>Star Trek 11
>Force Awakens

This guy made a career directing mediocre generic sequels that were slightly better than the movie preceding them.
>>
>>63673842
>jj is a good director
Fuck off back to /v/ you complete tasteless pleb
>>
>>63673954
Didn't JJ only direct the pilot of LOST? He had very little to do with the rest of the show.
>>
>>63673837
Holy fuck you are stupid.
>>
Super 8 was a fun movie.
>>
>>63673773
holy shit his nose looks like a glans wtf
>>
>>63674017
But Cloverfield wasn't made by Abrams.
>>
>>63674017
They literally just set the filming schedule, order lunches, and make sure equipment is in place.

You might as well give responsibility of movie making to a fucking janitor.
>>
>>63674078
Even his nose is circumcised, that's how Jewish he is.
>>
File: 6464.png (24 KB, 132x117) Image search: [Google]
6464.png
24 KB, 132x117
>>63674146
lol
>>
>>63673773
>literally every single movie he's made has been critically and financially successful
Stay butt hurt
>>
>>63673845
star trek died when enterprise was cancelled. the jjshit movies don't even exist, they are mere parodies made by a jew.
>>
>>63674139
The producer is responsible for setting everything up. From hiring the director to the talent in addition to the logistics.

The producer is basically the upper management of the film. Liaising between the studio and the creative side.
>>
>>63674000
He was the showrunner wasn't he?
>>
>>63674265
But that isn't true.
>>
>>63674265
Stars Wars being financially successful is a foregone conclusion. Do you think it will actually be good?
>>
>>63673773
Mission Impossibler 3 may have been the worst m:I, but it was still really good

Super 8 was the best Spielbergian movie post Spielberg being "mr serious man"

Star Shrek was Okay
>>
>>63674326

There are no specific job responsibilities attached to the title of "producer." There are some producers who run the whole show, like you said, and then there are some who make a single phone call to bring an actor on board, or just write a check, and get exactly the same credit. It varies wildly from one project to the next, even between one producer and another on the same project.
>>
>>63674326
They set things up, but the quality of the final product mostly based on the director.
>>
>>63674351
I don't remember, but whenever he's asked questions about LOST he says it wasn't his baby. Like in that recent Q&A where lucas showed up, some other person asked him "what was the deal with the smoke monster?" and JJ was like
>Look, I only did the pilot! Ask Lindelof!
>>
>>63674374
OP said his movies are bad. But in reality everyone likes them and they make tons of money. That directly contradicts ops narrative. Star Wars will also be successful. Everyone will like it, this will also contradict ops narrative.

He will forever be butthurt.
>>
>>63674609
His movies are objectively bad. It's doesn't matter what the mob says. People also really like Tyler Perry movies. Does that mean they are actually good?
>>
File: pepe tired.jpg (6 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
pepe tired.jpg
6 KB, 250x241
>>63673773
>Literally hasn't made a single good movie
>>
>>63673773
George Lucas hadn't made any decent movies before Star Wars. And sure, he turned out to be a hack fraud, but that was mainly because no one was around during the prequels to challenge his decisions.
But that's beside the point, really. I could agree with JJ not having come out with anything truly amazing, but he's certainly made some pretty damn enjoyable films (first Star Trek, Super 8). Saying he hasn't made a single good movie seems like an exaggeration. And really I think that's all we should expect from a Star Wars movie. They've never been truly outstanding, but they've always been good fun.
>>
>>63674966
>THX 1138 is bad
fuck off pleb
>>
>>63673842
no, that's what all of 4chan is about. this place is an ironic meme factory and gradually more and more retards came here believing it was sincere, and now we have this cancerous community which will never get better.

I don't even care about muh board culture at this point and I'm hoping one day I'll summon up the moral courage to relinquish myself from this hellhole. may God have mercy on our souls
>>
>>63675070
Excellent post. If asked, I wouldn't be able to say why I stayed watching a cadaver twerk for more than half a decade.

This place is literally a test experiment of Voltaire's Law. I hope the ayys are happy with the tremendous success.
>>
>>63674677
>objectively bad
The only place that phrase has in art critique is when discussing the technical aspects of a piece, and JJ is a technically competent director. Feel free to hate his movies, but don't try to pretend you're laying down some objective truth when you're really just whining.
>>
no they're cucks
>>
>>63674028
It's a stupid E.T./ Close Encounters/Goonies ripoff
>>
>>63674677
>objectively bad because a butthurt basement dwelling neckbeard said so
You have literally no experience with film other than watching them. How are you an authority on what's "objectively bad" ?
>>
>>63675382
From watching a lot of movies and figuring it out. It's not hard.
>>
File: 1428136292240.jpg (17 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
1428136292240.jpg
17 KB, 500x386
>>63673842
>>63675070
To the people who aren't thin-skinned faggots like these two, have you noticed that a lot of idiots have been using this argument a lot for the past 3 years or so? I'm sure it's always been around on 4chan but I've been noticing an increase since 2012 (been here since 2009 so not a oldfag or anything). That "you hate something because it's popular"?

It's a lazy way to deflect any criticism on any piece of art. You're not even trying to argue the merits of whatever you're defending, you're just making an ad populum argument. Makes you seem more shallow than the person than the person who exactly explains their opinion on something.
>>
File: pain.jpg (3 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
pain.jpg
3 KB, 200x200
>>63675272
>>63675070
I am just glad I was able to leave /mu/ like 5 years ago after I found some good WCD thread. I have no idea why I am still here though. Things got considerably worse when /pol/ collapsed and the whole BBC stuff started.
>>
Star Trek 09 is only decent movie Jar Jar has made and even then it's only an okay ripoff of Star Wars
>>
Jar Jar is an above average director. Just accept it. The reviews on the movie already put it above everything but 4 and 5.
>>
>>63675921
>The movie is better than movies that were universally panned
That says shit all
>>
>>63673979
this
>>
>>63674028
Super 8 gave me diarreah...
Its basically a cold souless emulation at a wannabe E.T.
It was a blowjob to e.t., with it's videogame cinmatography and shit effects and exposition.
>>
>>63674379
pfft super 8 was a wanabe souless piece of shit.

Trying to emulate the spielberg kind of movies yet failing miserably at it.
I dont know why people stroke its cock so much.
>>
His movies are good for the most part, but not great. Also forgettable.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.