[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is wrong with current directors? These guys in particular.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: jjnolan.png (243 KB, 500x292) Image search: [Google]
jjnolan.png
243 KB, 500x292
What is wrong with current directors? These guys in particular.

Why is every film they churn out so bland and unforgettable? I watch their films and walk out of the theater still feeling like I only saw a trailer, like some trick was played on me and I never even got to see the movie. Is there a word to describe this phenomenon?

Aside from all the memeing and Heat Legend's portrayal of the Joker, there has been literally nothing memorable produced by either of these guys.
>>
Studio control
>>
Yes I too hate things that are popular
>>
>bland and unforgettable
>>
It's because their eyes are too close together. They think their movies are good cause they see only the beedy eyed jew version.
>>
>>63673039

>unforgettable

7 years of Batman memes don't lie...ya Freudian slipped up there pal, better fuck off and do your math homework before you spend the rest of your life here
>>
>>63673083

Have you ever based an opinion on a desire to be different than the mainstream even if it was contrary to how you actually felt? Or is it just something you think other people (whose opinions you disagree with) do?

I suspect that rarely if ever happens, and is nothing more than an easy way to dismiss opinions you don't like or can't argue against effectively.
>>
Nolan cant develop characters or emotions on screen for shit. If you cant into emotion, you cant into the motivations of characters, then you dont fucking care about them. It happened to me while watching that TDKR snorefest.
>>
File: interstellar_ver2_xlg.jpg (260 KB, 960x1500) Image search: [Google]
interstellar_ver2_xlg.jpg
260 KB, 960x1500
>>63673039

>implying

stick to capeshit and Bay movies please
>>
>>63673124
Whoops, I meant forgettable sans the "un"
>>
>>63673039
Nolan has talent tho.
JJ is just a TV show producer.
>>
>>63673187
I think people surely do this. I was an edgy teenager once too, I know how they think. And I imagine contrarians are retards that never grew out of this mindset.
>>
>>63673484

That movie is fucking trash.
>>
>>63673484

>tell other anon to go back to capeshit and explosions

>posts a nolan movie

tip top fucking kek you faggot
>>
test marketing
>>
>>63673039
They are company men. It's their job to be as predictable as possible. Snyder is a better example than Nolan though.

The creative control for directors has diminished decade on decade.
>>
>>63673484
>Pain and Gain
>not one of the best of recent years
>>
>>63673885
I too, hate things that are popular.
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 620x623) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 620x623
Movies are too expensive to take any chances
And they are too Long which makes them bloated and dull

Scripts aren't as well written as they were before. I don't know why that is though (everything seems like a first draft)

Nolan isn't that bad despite the last batman movie being crap

JJ just gets work because he's friends with big name people. He obviously could care less about film. He does it because he has nothing else to do. It's like asking "why is Paris Hilton such a bad actress"
>>
>>63673916
Nolan has been so safe, bland, and dull for so long, it seems he doesn't know how to be good anymore.

Like all the bullshit he pulled with interstellar seemed to be because he couldn't tell the difference between a good idea and a bad idea because he was just that happy to be able to do his own thing again.
>>
>>63673039
Both of these nobodies will fade away, 20 years from now they will be totally forgotten. Nolan sooner because he will run out of film and hopefully won't do digital, hopefully, but he may have already broken that 'promise'.
>>
Partly because they're mediocre talents; partly because audiences are dumb and have poor taste, i.e. they're easily pleased and don't know bad from good.

You don't need to be a genuinely good filmmaker in today's Hollywood. As long as your movies make enough money, the hack critics give you a decent score on rottentomatoes, and the stupid masses call everything you make "omg da best movie ever imdbtop250 and rottentomatoes say so ur just dumb fag it won all doz oscars ur just jelus lol umad?" you can keep getting work, and even end up hailed as one of the all-time great directors; see Nolan, whose name is routinely found in those obnoxious "top 10" lists.

The bar is just set so low. Maybe the lowest it's ever been.
>>
Dunno man, watch films that aren't from THE Holywood if you want something good.

It has been this way since the fucking 60s
>>
>>63673039
>Contrarian post #603498-239852-89375-23
>>
>>63674873
nice buzzword you insecure babby
>>
File: please.jpg (84 KB, 250x366) Image search: [Google]
please.jpg
84 KB, 250x366
>>63673039
>bland and unforgettable
Pick one.
>>
>>63674673
*70s
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.