[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
STAR TREK: BEYOND
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
>On the original draft by Orci, Pegg commented that Paramount "had a script for Star Trek that wasn't really working for them. I think the studio was worried that it might have been a little bit too Star Trek-y." For his role as the primary screenwriter, Pegg had been asked to make this new film "more inclusive", stating that the solution was to "make a western or a thriller or a heist movie, then populate that with Star Trek characters so it's more inclusive to an audience that might be a little bit reticent."

>make a western or a thriller or a heist movie, then populate that with Star Trek characters

All of my JUST
>>
>>63672420
Jesus fuck really? Source?
>>
>>63672438
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_Beyond
>>
>>63672420

you get to watch the dumpster fire of the star trek universe get used like a baudy whorehouse for corporate cokefucks.

Roddenberry is doing spins in space as he drifts off into the long night
>>
>>63672420
>complains about genre fiction killing cinema
>proceeds to write a script for one of the few well thought out based pieces of genre fiction, doing exactly what he was complaining about
BRAVO PEGG
>>
I wonder what Jewjew would have done...
>>
>>63672420
Fuck Hollywood
>>
JUST PEG MY SHIT UP
>>
>>63672420
Just beam my shit up Scotty..
>>
Countdown to Simon Pegg formally apologizing for this pile of shit they claim is a movie?
>>
File: 98975.gif (496 KB, 315x236) Image search: [Google]
98975.gif
496 KB, 315x236
>a little bit too Star Trek-y
>>
>>63672420
i want a star trek movie where they just fly in space the whole movie
>>
>Sabotage as soundtrack

pottery
>>
File: 3445838.jpg (121 KB, 396x364) Image search: [Google]
3445838.jpg
121 KB, 396x364
>Months ago, there was a rumor floating around that Paramount had a desire to make the upcoming Star Trek film more like Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, which grossed an impressive $774 million worldwide in 2014 (despite featuring obscure comic book characters). In contrast, Star Trek Into Darkness managed “only” $467.3 million globally in 2013 – so from a business perspective, one can see why the studio would be interested in emulating a more lucrative property with their own space adventure. Whether or not that’s the best decision creatively remains to be seen.
>>
is this whole movie an elaborate marketing ploy from undercover disney reps to make their space movies look good in comparison?
>>
>>63672684
If they want more shekels and really don't give a fuck they should have some Spock x Kirk action.

The last two movies have been so focused on their relationship why not bring it too it's natural conclusion? Cmon its almost 2016 and no Spock and Kirk sloppy makeout sess on the birdge of the Enterpise?
>>
>>63672420
I see they spruced up Spock's tri-corder.
>>
>>63672642
>I may have gone too far in a few places
>>
File: 1430880648930.jpg (9 KB, 157x152) Image search: [Google]
1430880648930.jpg
9 KB, 157x152
>>63672586
>>
>>63672653
They're too scared to do that. I don't know why; No confidence.
>>
>>63672684

>Instead of making a good movie let's just make a pale imitation of the last good movie!

THIS WORKS 100% OF THE TIME BRAVO MARKETING EXECS

Congrats to James Gunn for cucking TOS this hard though.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.