[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guys think Hayden did a good job as Anakin?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
Do you guys think Hayden did a good job as Anakin?
>>
He would have done a better job if Lucas hadn't literally directed him to perform worse.
Most of the weird shitty things he does were directly specified by lucas.
>>
>>63663324

Great thread
>>
He looked the part. People were excited when they saw how he'd look as an adult.

Then he started talking.
>>
>>63663324
Yes. Yeah the dialogue came right out of some old timey over acted play that was never updated. But he handled scenes like the scene with his dying mother, and the facial stuff really well.
>>
all things considered, he did good despite the material he was offered...

but since the material he was offered was GOD AWFULL. we then his performance became god awfull
>>
In 3 yes, in 2 not so much after Courscuant
>>
>>63663324
I wish I could just wish away the prequels.
>>
he did his best within the parameters and material given to him
>>
He did his best.
>>
He stole the role that was Jonathan Brandis birthright.. That rejection sadly caused him to an hero..
>>
>>63664095
No, he an hero'd cuz they cut out his best parts of Hart's War
>>
>>63663400
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf4-A33XNTQ
4:15

People keep saying that, but it's bullshit. He was given poor material to work with, but he didn't elevate it one bit, and probably even made it worse.
>>
Perhaps the very worst acting in a big budget movie in the 2000s
>>
>>63664095
>>
>>63663397
I think wishing for more wishes is cheating.
>>
Fuck you I liked him. He's iconic to me.

ROTJ ending with him was pure cringe though
>>
>>63664281

Lucas had a very specific way he wanted the lines read, it wasn't the actors' fault at all
>>
File: not_sure_if_retarded_Cat.jpg (55 KB, 300x296) Image search: [Google]
not_sure_if_retarded_Cat.jpg
55 KB, 300x296
>>63663324
>Do you guys think Hayden did a good job as Anakin?
>>
I WISH I COULD JUST WISH MY FEELINGS AWAY
>>
I feel like the reason they cast an ugly as fuck male lead in the new trilogy was a reaction to the backlash of casting Vader as a pretty boy
>>
>B-movie actress Sybil Danning was originally up for a role in The Phantom Menace as a sexy witch who would eventually seduce Anakin Skywalker to the Dark Side. She was linked to the role by Starblazer magazine in 1985.

>This was clearly a story beat that Lucas still fleshing out, however, as the idea of a seductive witch was later dropped and Danning was never cast.

I wanna know what Lucas original plan was cause something tells me he wasn't going for a film about straight shota.
>>
>>63663324
its a shame george lucas ruined his career

he wasn't as terrible as people make him out to be
>>
what was the specific way lucas told the actos how to act? i hear people in this thread saying he did a weird job, but my roommate says he didnt give any direction at all
>>
>>63665381
I specifically remember some footage from the making of. But I can't recall the details.
I think it was the plinkett for clones.
George specifically gets all up in hayden's shit and directs his position and movement through the scene and dialogue. Which were all fine(all things considered) on the first take.
>>
>>63665473
ahhh i see
honestly the making of footage is golden, at least so far as Lucas telling those poor ILM fucks what he wants CGI'd
>>
He did good in "90 minutes in Heaven" I think.
>>
>>63663324

I think he did a good job, it's just that Lucas wanted him to be a total creeper for some reason. Like Ahmed Best with Binks, I can't hate him for doing a good job playing an unlikable character well.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.