[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just watched this /tv/. Did I like it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: the master.jpg (20 KB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
the master.jpg
20 KB, 320x213
So I just watched this /tv/. Did I like it?
>>
>>63661381
You loved it, Joaquin Phoenix is our generations Brando.
>>
>>63661381
No you didn't. You thought it felt rushed and haphazard. You thought it needed more Amy Adams. You swore you saw more to this film in the trailer. In fact, you know you did. You are now filing this title in the back of your mind to perhaps revisit again when you hear the words Director's Cut.
>>
>>63661381
Maybe next year, maybe a few years from now, you will wake up screaming thinking Amy Adams is tugging you off into a cold sink, her thumb deep your ass.

Above the last large knuckle, her wrist filthy with your shit. You will see yourself in the mirror.

At that time you will know.
>>
>>63661381
You thought it was too overwrought and self indulgent. You searched for the Amy Adams handjob scene for about 15 minutes but couldn't find it. You still think about it when you fap.
>>
an amazing movie. not the best PTA movie, because he has made multiple amazing movies. Joaquin and PSH were two of the four or five best performances in any PTA movie. the script wasn't as good as Boogie Nights or anything but the cinematography is beautiful as is the score
>>
>>63661458
>Joaquin Phoenix is our generations Brando.
sans the oscar
>>
>mfw I realized it was about scientology

Throughout the whole movie I didn't get at all what was up with that shit
>>
File: 1361144392682.png (650 KB, 736x670) Image search: [Google]
1361144392682.png
650 KB, 736x670
it's like i can tell and appreciate Phoenix giving his everything in this, but godamnit this is an unwatchable pointless movie
>>
>>63661381
Absolutely, but no one wants to talk about film anymore.
>>
>>63661381
Initially you enjoyed bits of it, but found it mostly dull and confusing. To salve your worries that you had been fooled into wasting two hours of your life by a charlatan director and his admiring dupes, you thought very hard about the parts of the film that confused you and told yourself that they were saying something very profound. You loudly defended the film in conversations and ridiculed its detractors. You convinced others to watch it, and were elated to hear them praise the film as you had, though you knew they had found it boring were lying to hide their embarrassment. You felt a sense of power. You had taken a risky stand and stood your ground. You had influenced others and made them feel small. This was your film now, your personal film. You had learned to love The Master.
>>
Are you clear friend?
>>
>>63661381
Pretty sure I figured Freddie out. Want to read a thing that I wrote about him?
>>
>>63668445
i'm posting it anyway
https://www.reddit.com/r/TrueFilm/comments/2x7enu/my_take_on_freddie_quell_in_the_master/
>>
>>63661381

Best last movie ever made in Hollywood.

Anything after this masterpiece is shit.
>>
a film plebs will never understand
we are safe here from the star wars hordes
>>
>>63661381
If you already know the answer to your question then why as pig fuck?
>>
Depends, are you a plebe? A contrarian maybe?

If not, you did.
>>
>>63668445
>>63669399

>literally being from reddit

Fuck off.
>>
File: 1409406377196.jpg (156 KB, 528x528) Image search: [Google]
1409406377196.jpg
156 KB, 528x528
>>63665455
>>
>there are people posting RIGHT NOW who don't pretend they are Freddie and act little bit crazy
pig fuck
>>
>>63669513
If you already know the answer to your question then why ask, PIG FUCK?
>>
Who /makeshisownbeveragesandpoisonspeoplepretendingtobefreddy/ here?
>>
One of my favorites.
>>
>>63661645

Youre an idiot. The movie has the same scenes as the trailer, but using different takes/altered dialogue

It's the same with all PTA movies. But you wouldn't know that because you're a driveling pleb
>>
>>63669574

God that scene was great.
>>
>>63665455

Dare you say it was inauthentic? Unlike, gee I don't know, some true artist like Korine, am I correct?
>>
>>63669760
WHAT DO YOU WANT?
>>
It's the best PTA film to date.

It took me a while to realize though.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.