[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was his problem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (468 KB, 1403x1292) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
468 KB, 1403x1292
What was his problem?
>>
He just wanted to chill with the bears and died doing what he loved
>>
>>63661038
He was like the pigeon man from Hey Arnold
>>
>>63661038
He had a lot of problems. It's a shame that he went out the way he did, I mean, fuck, being eaten alive? It was beyond retarded to hang around bears day in day out, but jeez, what a way to go.
>>
>>63661038
he was an autist plain and simple

got what he deserved, no different then white girls who date black guys
>>
>>63661124
He did survive pretty long with them though,i wonder what things would be like if the black bears never came out of hibernation early.
>>
>>63661161
Random question, do you see all the negative things in your life as kekolding and kekold-related things?
>>
Isn't it a mockumentary making fun of pretentious yuro directors?
>>
He didn't have any problem other than being a bit eccentric.
The bears on the other hand had a problem with his lady friend.
>>
>>63661219
no i love my wifes son even though hes the product of her adultry
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 805x606) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 805x606
>>63661124
>tfw that scene where Herzog plays the audio of the attack in his speakers
I'm kind of glad he didn't play it like I'm glad Steve Irwin's death tape didn't get leaked.
>>
He didn't tread well
>>
>>63661038
i can only imagine how awful the tape of his death was.
>>
>>63661321
That faked audio tape gave me a pretty awful idea how it would sound like
>>
On Any Sunday
>>
>>63661038
bears
>>
>>63661447
bears>people
seriously though,he survived 3+ months for many years with bears.that is pretty impressive.
>>
>>63661038
Favorite Herzog documentary?

Gotta be Into the Abyss for me. Fucking Cave of Forgotten Dreams is boring as shit.
>>
>live with bears for years, no problems
>bring girlfriend with you
>she's on her period
>the bears smell it and go bearzerk and tear you both apart
>>
>>63661549
I agree. I don't know why so many people call him a moron (although he's clearly off). He lived with bears for thirteen (13) years before a "bad" irregular bear ate him. He died doing what he loved, which is probably more than most people can say.
>>
>>63661589
WOMEN
>>
>>63661038
I thought this was an image of the blonde guy from Dumb and Dumber To movie
>>
>>63661624
He got somebody else killed. That's why he was a moron.
>>
>>63661624
Very inspiring.
>>
File: 1445529697737.jpg (70 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1445529697737.jpg
70 KB, 1024x768
>>63661589

>TABATHA IS EATING HER BABIES

Both hilarious and disturbing documentary
>>
>>63661283

We need more 'husband's daughter' posts in /tv/...one of you faggots get on it, please
>>
>>63661038

Narcissism, delusions of grandeur, no real respect for nature or the bears that reside in it.

This idiotic fucker deserved everything that happened to him. Shame his girlfriend had to get dragged along for it and taken down with him.
>>
>>63661681
Wasnt she being erratic?
>>
>>63661285
Fuck off pussy, Herzog is a cunt and a half for not letting us hear that audio. Smarmy cunt
>>
>>63661038

Thrusting his poor neighborhood.
>>
>>63661699
bait
>>
>>63661696
what a great idea

then we can imply our daughters are fucking black guys as well

well memed
>>
>>63661681
Man, maybe she shouldn't date the clearly somewhat-crazy guy who LIVES WITH BEARS. I say that once you make the bear-living decision, you're on your own and when a bear eats you you don't get to blame anyone else.

>>63661682
He also started that bear-protection organization. The dumbest thing he was probably responsible for is that the rangers who found his body killed two bears that were on it.
>>
>>63661038
he didn't have a problem until he decided to take his girlfriend along to see the bears

moral of the story right there
>>
>>63661285
>im glad steven irwin's death tape didn't get leaked

uh i have some bad news for you
>>
>>63661038
Opie reading chicken soup for the teenage soul while ant stalks him on reddit like a hungry bear
>>
>>63661038
He literally cared too much. Pretty impressive that he was able to live with the normal bears to be honest. also impressive that he found a girlfriend crazy enough to do it with him
>>
>>63661815
I thought killing an animal who has killed a human is mandatory?
>>
>girlfriend

who was he trying to fool, himself?

treadwell was gay as shit
>>
>>63661821
it didn't get leaked
>>
>>63661871
I'm sure it probably is. That's why it's kind of his fault (and obviously he would've hated that they killed the bears). From my vague recollection of seeing the movie years ago he decided to go there during a different time than he normally does, and he encountered some bears who weren't normally in the area. Those were the ones that ate him, rather than the "regular" bears.
>>
>>63661589
That wasn't the reason moron, she had been on his expeditions several times.
They got eaten because his "pet bears" all went on hibernation and weaker bears or outcasts had wandered in on the territory.

His problem was that fucking woody harrelson stole his role in cheers. And then he got desperate and ended up fucking chicks in the wild.
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 1024x768
>>63662005
>His problem was that fucking woody harrelson stole his role in cheers
>mfw they brought that up
>>
File: 1450056053121.jpg (35 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1450056053121.jpg
35 KB, 600x400
>>63661972
So its sorta his fault but sorta not at the same time.
>mfw he lived for years with dangerous animals in alaska but the into the wild guy couldn't survive a week
>>
>>63661910
I was out probably 6 months after it happen in Russian server IP servers, along with cp and other horrible snuff shit,
>>
>>63662057
what am I looking at here
>>
>>63661972
this, getting to relaxed
>>
Very clearly a manic bipolar
>>
>>63661038
There is a Timothy Treadwell easter egg in fallout 4 at the Irish pride industries shipyard.
>>
File: 1338147381698.jpg (27 KB, 359x394) Image search: [Google]
1338147381698.jpg
27 KB, 359x394
>>63662114
>going out to live among bears
>relaxed
>>
>>63661744
Not really. Timothy's narcissism really starts to show toward the latter half of the movie, when we see him doing a million takes of his angry rant against the imaginary poachers he was supposedly protecting the bears from. In reality, like the museum employee suggested, Timothy was more of a threat to the bears than any miniscule poaching problem in the area. By habituating the bears to human behavior, he was incorrectly teaching them that all humans were friendly.

Herzog also lays down some hard facts about how little Timothy actually did to curb poaching. It was all in his head: delusions of grandeur. There's even a seen of him spying on tourists, muttering about how they're probably out to hurt animals, while he remains hidden in the bushes too afraid to actually risk a confrontation.

If he'd actually interacted with campers in the wilderness, his fantasy of being the 'lone samurai' or whatever would've been completely shattered, his life would lose all meaning.
>>
>>63662157
bears can b chill.
>>
>>63662190
Interesting,guess i need to rewatch this.
>>
>>63661285

>Listens to the tape
>the sounds are apparently so awful that the intense emotionless German breaks down
>YOU MUST NEVER LISTEN TO THiS TAPE. NEVER!!!

Good job Werner. We are completely uninterested in those tapes now
>>
My favorite thing about this movie is how nobody - not even his parents - seem very sad about Timothy's death. Most of the interview subjects seem more interested in milking their fifteen minutes of fame, like the mortician who gives a really hammy, overly dramatic rundown of Tim's last few moments.

The scene where his ex girlfriend is given the watch is comedy gold. She conjures these big crocodile tears out of nowhere, while Herzog feeds her awkward one liners in his German deadpan.
>>
>>63661685
*Melissa is eating her babies
>>
>>63661083
And his pigeons ate him
>>
>>63661815

>Man, maybe she shouldn't date the clearly somewhat-crazy guy who LIVES WITH BEARS. I say that once you make the bear-living decision, you're on your own and when a bear eats you you don't get to blame anyone else.

Thank you. I'm sorry she's dead but no more sorry than I am about his death. He didn't fucking drag her there by the hair.
>>
>>63661624
Oh god not you faggots again. I bet you think the guy from Into The Wild had the right idea too
>>
>>63662074
uhh naw dude if that were the case it would be on theync or liveleak right now. it didn't leak but I saw fakes
>>
>>63661744
Pretty much outright stated in the movie. Timothy was a nut
>>
>>63662518
What? I just don't think he's that dumb. Clearly he was at least vaguely competent (unlike Into the Wild guy) given that he went out for thirteen years. And let's be honest, the guy who lived with bears for years wasn't going to be a productive member of society anyways. He might as well live with bears.
>>
>>63662518
you dont think its impressive for someone to live pretty much bare bones in alaska with bears for 6 months for 13 years?
>>
>>63661972
>>63662190
IIRC they had to kill 3 bears fitting the description of the one that are him before they found his remains. That's more than would have been poached on hay island in all the time he was there; it's a closely monitored population and Alaksa takes poaching trophy game very seriously.
>>
It's a weird idea though, innit? In the human habitat, you don't think about death, but as soon as you start living in the wild it's more of a "when am I going to die?"

Being a wild human is fascinating. They never make it alone.
>>
>>63661038
He was a pawn used to fuel anti-bear propaganda. Bears DO NOT eat people let alone rape them.
>>
>>63662680
So suck some honey, Poohposter.
>>
>>63662658
this made me weirdly sad
>ywn be apart of a wildman tribe and have cool bear friends you fish with
>>
>>63662609
>I just don't think he's that dumb.

You're talking about a man who thought he could live with bears and ended up being eaten alive a by a bear.

>>63662617
Not really since literally anyone can do that
>>
Is the death tape on youtube legit?
>>
>>63662099
bear rape
>>
>>63662651
They were sick bears that would not make it through the winter.
>>63662838
is you serious nigga
>>
>>63662751
He did live with bears! Every season for 13 years! Clearly it wasn't that dumb of an idea. I think the criticism would be more warranted if he showed up one summer and then BAM eaten.
>>
>>63661038

He was a repressed homosexual.
>>
>>63661696
Yeah cause kek means are so funny

fuck you
>>
>>63661184
Not black bears sempai
>>
He constipated the bears
>>
>>63661815
Eco people are weird bro
>>
>>63663043
that, and a bestian fetish
>>
>>63663043
Someone told him to go get raped by big hairy bears and he took it literally.
>>
I liked how it portrayed him as a man desperately hiding from his own homosexuality. His cohabitation with bears was an allusion to how he fantasized being a twink surrounded by burly tops, and his rejection by/of males in the human world how he feared their cis-male disapproval of his life choice.
He was both incredibly pitiful and impressive in his actions, I really enjoyed the parts where he was goofing around with the foxes.
>>
His entire goal was to protect wildlife, but two bears had to be shot so rangers could recover his chewed up ass.
>>
>>63663482

If it was an homosexuality issue, why did he brings a girl with him when he got killed ? Would she represents his mother's figure and he wanted that she witnessed his homosexuality ?

It's ka-kafkaien
>>
>>63663652
She represented trying to hide your gayness by being in the closet and the consequences of that.
>>
Severe mental issues. He was always going to be eaten by bears, it was just a matter of time. The worst part is he dragged along that poor girl.
>>
>>63663652
Could have been molested as a child and had an arrested development type anchoring, seeing his mother as some sort of safe haven in a sea of swinging dicks. A Madonna teddy bear of sorts. Near the end she's suggested to be trying to cajole him back to the human world, try to rejoin the society he rejects. He refuses and tries to free himself of her, but she won't leave him alone. Both could have saved the other and both failed
>>
>>63663679

I'd like to imagine it was more twisted than' that.

>you're eating a tuna sandwish on a river's shore in Alaska, this happend, you're unnarmed, what do ?

https://youtu.be/0cfBVCNGMAg

This guy, even mentaly hill had balls.
>>
>>63663837

That was good. You should do analysis on YouTube.
>>
>>63663894
nah, I assume that's sarcastic, but it really is pretty much just this movie that I'd enter into any sort of analysis. "the guy's a homo and he keeps beards to feel safe and the burly animals etc etc" mode is somewhat in jest, but I do think Herzog was kind of trying to slant it in that direction without ever straight up saying it. There is one scene where he's talking about his youth and like 4 seconds are of him at a nursery job infront of a sign that says "PANSY" or something, and.... well that's was grown, but I'm sure there were other photos he could have used. I'd really like to see all of his footage, as much of a nutter as he is, and how hopelessly misdirected his conservation efforts were his in-field footage (at least what was used in the film) was really immersive. and he did seem to have an ability far beyond that of average humans to understand animal behavior. It just really seemed inconsistent... like... he instinctively knows to tip toe around them sometimes, to stand his ground, and yet he sees the starving bears diving for fish and thinks they're just fucking around having a splash. First time I watched it I didn't really even like it, but on subsequent viewings I do enjoy it. Follows a man who... wasn't seemingly rejected by society on the base level but fueled by some imagined hero or persecution complex leads a tragic story to its tragic end.
I do kind of think it's a dick move for herzog to dick tease the death tape in the movie itself too, like... if you're using it to get attention before its released, fair enough, but in the actual film kind of felt like it was a carrot on a stick and he just grabs the carrot and eats it in the last 20 minutes.
>>
>>63662375
>intense emotionless German
Yeah, you don't know what stoicism is, do you?

He's not emotionless -- he's just not a pussy cry-baby Yank.
>>
>>63661223
>pretentious yuro directors
Please stay within your containment zone, American knuckle-dragger.
>>
>>63664126

Couldn't have said it better anon. Holy shit
>>
>>63664126

I don't know. He acted like a child so people assumed he was gay but that's not sure.

Sexuality issue leader to the biggest mentals disorders but it could be something else.

The documentary is on YouTube what's your favorite moment ?

https://youtu.be/q8MjDyfcMmU

I think mine is when he try to connect with a fox hahaha mad man
>>
>>63662680
Nice try, bear.
>>
>>63664466
I think he was at least molested at some point if he wasn't gay. Pretty sure it says he went to Florida for college, which is a really well known area for coke/prostitution. So it's possible he sucked dick for coke or, whored himself out to make ends meet or something. Pretty sure his girlfriend who runs his conservancy office said he'd go to court houses and get off to watching drug dealers get sentenced, so it'd make sense as supplement or alternative to the straight up closeted angle.

Mine was when he sees a sleeping honey bee drone on a flower (if you spend time in gardens and its cold out you'll notice this is not unusual behaviour). And he's be-mourning the cruelty and fatality of having to work yourself to the bone and die in the pursuit of your life's work. A very good scene in that it shows the contrast of how he can be really intuitive of animal behaviour and also entirely ignorant of it, and that he's romanticizing what he intends his own death to be (I think he wanted to die out there).
>>
come into this thread thinking this guy just got eaten by bears
came out of it knowing he wanted to do that a little more metaphorically
>>
>>63664620
forgot to mention that the bee wakes up and stumbles away at the end of the speech, so it's also very funny. Watching someone grandstand and then have the base of their soap boxing fly away to their surprise.
>>
if chris-chan liked bears
>>
File: Werner Herzog laughing.jpg (1 MB, 3615x2411) Image search: [Google]
Werner Herzog laughing.jpg
1 MB, 3615x2411
>>63661303
>>
File: 1447863324597.jpg (13 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1447863324597.jpg
13 KB, 499x499
>>63662005
>His problem was that fucking woody harrelson stole his role in cheers.
>mfw this is actually true
>>
File: bear.png (51 KB, 504x258) Image search: [Google]
bear.png
51 KB, 504x258
>>63662680
fool me once, shame on you
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPl6-dbIkiU

thread theme :(
>>
>>63661696
wank
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 703x1040) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 703x1040
I think he was an ex-junkie.
>>
he was just too delicious
>>
>>63661565
Gotta be the one about Kinski, not sure what the English title is. My Dearest Fiend maybe?
>>
>>63661038
He had the 'tism.
>>
>>63661565
>not White Diamond
>>
>>63667220
My Best Fiend

Kinski's speech at the beginning is legit scary.
>>
>>63667602
Ah, alright. It's supposedly all wrong, I watched an interview with Walter Saxer, a producer that worked with both of them, and he said that Herzog was just blatantly lying about most of the stuff. Nevertheless it's a great doc.

My favorite scene was Kinski playing with that butterfly, that was fascinating to watch.
>>
>>63667760
>he said that Herzog was just blatantly lying about most of the stuff
Maybe he just didn't know any better. Kinski was always known for his self-mythologising and making contradictory statements about his life.
>>
>>63661038
like many people he saw too much humanity in animals, very sad film
>>
>>63667958
Nah, he was purposely telling false things.
Remember the anecdote in which Kinski wanted to leave the set of Aguirre and Herzog threatened to shoot him with a rifle if he did? Saxer worked on that set as well, and stated that Kinski was the only person on set possessing a rifle (which was part of his contract, even).

I mean, both Kinski and Herzog are fucking maniacs, so who knows.
>>
Literally an insane person, like that idiot who went off to live as a mountain man and died because he knew nothing of living in the wild.
>>
>>63668048
Kek, do you happen to have a link to that interview? Sounds interesting.
>I mean, both Kinski and Herzog are fucking maniacs, so who knows.
true
>>
>>63661038
He went into the long grass without pokemon of his own.
>>
>>63668104
it's in German though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKf9SL0xoyQ

fun fact: Saxer is the one causing this infamous rant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPKODzv1PD4
>>
>>63661892
Why do you think he wanted to abandon society and live with the bears? He was a closeted gay man who was ashamed and was probably scared his family and friends would disown him. For what it's worth his parents seemed sweet and didn't seem like the sort of people that would be shitty to their son for being gay.
>>
>>63668169
>it's in German though
Kein Problem Familie
thanks
>>
He was a furry before furries became a thing.
Had he been born twenty years later he would most likely be shitposting in /MLP/ right now.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9lCkFygaaQ

:^)
>>
>>63661038
He did nothing wrong.
>>
should've brought a shotgun
>>
Closeted homosexual who committed suicide by bear.
>>
>>63661038

He was a heroin addict and an alcoholic and also a total dumbass.
>>
>>63661565

The Burden of Dreams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQyQnXrLb0
>>
>>63661038
THAT'S A BIG BEAR
>>
>>63668033
Damn don't cut yourself on those edges son!
>>
>>63661063
I doubt he loved being mauled to death
>>
>>63662190
Reminder that as long as his "delusions" were not harmful to others and helped his well-being , they were healthy self esteem .
You don't understand psychology friend
>>
>>63661285
Looking back on it Werner said it was wrong of him to do that.
>>
>>63670658
but they failed dramatically on both fronts, from the start.
>>
Cuck desu senpai
Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.