[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are people out there that actually think Riggins is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 27
File: friday-night-lights.jpg (34 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
friday-night-lights.jpg
34 KB, 500x333
>there are people out there that actually think Riggins is a better character than Saracen

Lmao desu senpai
>>
Why would anyone watch this trash?
>>
>>63652724
Literally nobody but teenage girls thinks Riggins is better

>>63652804
What, not enough le epic one-liners and explosions for you? Stick to your GoT and BrBa, pleb.
>>
>>63652979
I don't watch personal drama for its own sake. Something else has to be there.
You can't throw on a football helmet over 7th Heaven and tell me it isn't a soap opera.
>>
>>63653011
I know. You're entertained by le epic cliffhangers and fucking awesome action, right, bro?
>>
>>63653102
No, I just don't like soap operas.
I don't like to see my own family or friends argue with each other and feel shitty, I'm not spending my off time watching acted out gossip.
>>
it's a Landry gets c u c k e d episode
>>
File: 20935579.jpg (67 KB, 426x597) Image search: [Google]
20935579.jpg
67 KB, 426x597
>>63652724
Who the fuck thinks this?

>>63653154
I totally get it, brah. I recommend pic related. It has all the no-brain action and epic superheroes you could ever want. It's perfect for your tastes.
>>
Izzat John Carter?
>>
>>63652724
Riggins literally went to prison so his brother could keep his family together.

Saracen cries in the bathtub/
>>
>>63653320
My buddy had me watch the first episode of that and Jessica Jones.
Both were shit.

But if you wanna watch ABC Family type shows, who am I to stop you.
>>
Finally an FNL thread. Does anyone else think Tami was a total Mary Sue?

>>63652804
Pleb central
>>
File: godwarrior.jpg (28 KB, 637x424) Image search: [Google]
godwarrior.jpg
28 KB, 637x424
>>63653365
It's Paul Blart Gay Cop, AKA The God Warrior, AKA best detective after Ray.
>>
>>63653407
No, I totally know, bro. I personally think Daredevil is lacking in super awesome one-liners and epic action too. Maybe 24 would be better for you.
>>
Based Saracen, never was a character so likeable.
>>
>>63653385
Riggins was a literal shit character who didn't even become a good character until season 4. He was a weak link in season 1, season 2 was shit, and grew didn't even do anything in season 3. Saracen was seasons 1, 3, and 4 MVP.
>>
>>63653572

Coach Taylor is just as likable. Now that's a man with upstanding morals.

>tfw ywn have Matt and Julie's relationship
>>
>>63653604
That's excluding coach right?
>>
>>63653659
Kind of. I was solely focusing on Riggins and Saracen. Seasons 1 and 3 were literally the Coach and Saracen shows. Both of the main storylines in those seasons revolved around them. Meanwhile, Riggins was off in cheesy love triangles and melodramatic storylines.
>>
>>63653771
Riggins is good when he isn't reciting long chunks of dialogue.
>>
>>63653604
>Riggins was a literal shit character who didn't even become a good character until season 4

Shit taste tbph
>>
>>63653838
It's true, though. I liked Riggins, but he was nowhere near Saracen's level of character development.
>>
i dont think anyone can contend that Saracen is elder god tier. Coach is probably next, then a tier below that is Riggins.

stopped watching after season 3 finale, couldnt deal with the cast i gave a shit about all leaving and being replaced with people a really didnt care about

>tfw no qt lyla gf
>>
>>63653220
>tfw Landry isn't even the biggest kek on the show
>tfw Street proposes to the girl who slept with his best friend while he was paralyzed in the hospital

Embarrassing tbqh
>>
>>63652804

way to out yourself as a pleb. It's one of the best shows ever made
>>
Worst character: the smash
>>
>>63654027
>stopped watching after season 3 finale
>missing the show's literal greatest episode and Gilford's god-tier preformance

You should really get back into it. Yeah, most of the new cast ain't shit compared to the originals, but Vince Howard is right up there as one of the best FNL characters and The Taylors, Saracen and Riggins are still around to keep it going.
>>
>>63654133
>all star running back best player on team
>in reality is a manlet that wouldn't even break 2ns string on a div 4 team.
>>
>>63654256
Forgot pic. One of the best TV episodes ever made.
>>
>>63654133

Epyvk

a lot of the minor characters were fucking useless.

Can't think of any of the main characters that stand out as being 'bad'
>>
Is this show really worth checking out? I need something new to watch.
>>
>>63654027

barely any of them left and seasons 4 and 5 are both great
>>
>>63654353
Yes, it's GOAT.
>>
>>63654353

Watch the first episode and decide. Even if you don't plan on sticking with it that episode is worth watching on it's own.
>>
>started watching this
>couldn't get through it
>pick up Gossip Girl
>cruise through it
I think I have a problem.
>>
>>63654790
CW syndrome

symptoms include: masturbating furiously to qt female cast members and waifuism
>>
>>63654907
>implying I even like any of the girls in GG
Blake Lively and Younger Momsen are alright but Leighton Meester is a hag.
>>
>>63654790
It's called plebism.

>>63655023
If that's the case, then he shouldn't have a problem with FNL.
>>
>>63654027
S4 had the best Saracen episode in the series
>>
>>63654790
>gossip grill
Pleb. Do you at least like the OC
>>
>>63652804
It's an objectively great drama that just happens to have football as it's centerpiece. It becomes God tier when Vince enters the show in s3
>>
>>63655133
>>63655278
I suppose you're right, it is rather plebian, but it's not like I didn't like FNL. GG just held my interest better.

Never got around to the OC.
>>
>>63655361
>Never got around to the OC
Do it senpai, same creator, superior show
>>
>>63655350
Vince enters the show in season 4. And season 1 is objectively the show's masterpiece.
>>
File: Aimee-Teegarden.jpg (204 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Aimee-Teegarden.jpg
204 KB, 1920x1080
>>63655133

can barely recognize her now
>>
>>63655426
>tfw she lost all her unique good looks
>tfw her tits are no longer god-tier

Shame.
>>
AY YO DOO DOO WHO TOLD YOU TO CHANGE THE MUSIC
>>
File: Riggs.gif (366 KB, 245x242) Image search: [Google]
Riggs.gif
366 KB, 245x242
>>63655727
HOW ABOUT SARACEN SLEEPING WITH THE COACH'S DAUGHTER?
>>
>>63654325
that episode brought out the feels
>>
Remember when Grandma Saracen's caretaker ate all of her Goldfish? What a greedy cunt.
>>
>>63655426
Does she have noods?
>>
Season 1 was one of the best seasons of any television in history.

tfw I enjoyed the series but would get depressed throughout watching it because I never experienced any high school stuff like.

Also Lyla was the best looking girl. The best girl overall was Tammy
>>
File: avg-rush-ht.png (12 KB, 481x289) Image search: [Google]
avg-rush-ht.png
12 KB, 481x289
>>63654312
Most running backs are short, it gives them a big advantage.
>>
>>63654790
Did you tom cruise through it?
>>
>>63656209

Yes.
>>
File: 260726_640.jpg (61 KB, 640x868) Image search: [Google]
260726_640.jpg
61 KB, 640x868
>>63656209
I wish.
>>
and now I'm looking at fake nudes of Mrs Coach

this is what my life has come to
>>
>>63655897
top kek. loved that show. fuck!!
>>
>>63656719
Hnnnnnnng
>>
>ywn be a texan highschool football star wide reciever

I love being south american but this genuinely hurts.
>>
Literally a perfect show. What do you think, bros? Did Matt and Julie get married and become the next Coach and Mrs. Coach? Did Smash go all the way? Did Riggins ever stop being a bum? Did Landry ever stop getting cùcked?
>>
File: ss+(2015-12-15+at+12.20.26).jpg (210 KB, 1700x811) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-12-15+at+12.20.26).jpg
210 KB, 1700x811
tfw this show contributed to my building love for football
tfw bit the bullet and played football
tfw had the time of my life on that field
>>
>it's a Tyra Keks Landry episode
>>
>>63655897
>>
>>63652804
>thinking a football drama is trash

I hated football until the saw the movie then the show.
Amazing characters and story.

I might also be the only person to think the show got even better in season 4-5.
>>
>>63654133

I think he got redeemed a lot after his injury, his character needed some adversity.
>>
>Just because I had an affair doesn't mean it's okay for you to have one

What did she mean by this?
>>
>>63658430
>two wrongs make a right

sure if she thought about it she'd realize she has no right being angry, but that doesn't mean shes not going to be angry anyways. Especially if they tried to wipe the slate clean after what she did and then he cheated on her
>>
>>63657927

The reason julie had such a problem with matt is she knew she'd become her mom until she realized how awesome that would be in the end.

Matt is like the guy in the shadows who ends up being able to do everything. I mean the amount of shit his character had to do in highschool was hard for me to try and pull off in college.

So I'd say yes they got married.

Smash probably got drafted but didn't last very long. Ended up bench warming or second stringing or doing alternate rb1 rotation.

Riggins has land so he is a happy man. I doubt it was perfect though because Lyla was always sniffing around so he had two beautiful women including jailbait still.

Meth damon even in finale was still getting messed over.
>>
File: goodbye.jpg (36 KB, 1920x1088) Image search: [Google]
goodbye.jpg
36 KB, 1920x1088
>tfw this scene
>tfw thought shed come back later
>tfw she never did
>>
>>63658018

this is exactly why the show was made, and in my estimation outdoes the movie.

The original writer hates it because he felt it didn't hit the underlying issues hard enough and people can watch his talks on books on c-span online.

I loved football even after various injuries, that feeling never leaves.

Standing in the shadow of the stadium, lining up and hearing cheering people as guys wait to take field together. It lives forever.
>>
>>63658527

Not that we got to see but he made the right decision making sure she went to Vanderbilt
>>
File: 1428355502035.jpg (65 KB, 396x406) Image search: [Google]
1428355502035.jpg
65 KB, 396x406
>mfw all of season 2
>>
>>63658490
I'm of the opinion she deserved it.

>>63658499
I always liked how the writers portrayed Matt and Julie as a young Eric and Tami. Sometimes it was a bit on the nose (I believe there's a scene in the fourth season that makes it clear Coach and Tami had their first date at the same lake Matt and Julie first had sex), but most of the times it was pretty subtle, like what you said about Julie calling her parents' marriage her inspiration and Tami's numerous references about being a wild child when she was young.
>>
>>63653440
B-but her job in philly or where ever
>>
>>63654790
you should watch 90210 then. Even more qt's then gossip girl
>>
>>63658817

That scene with Matt and Coach where he is talking about asking for her hand in marriage makes me smile every time.

It is so perfect.
>>
>it's an abandoned plotline episode
Too much of that shit in this show
>>
>>63658831
That was actually one of the reasons I think she's a Mary Sue character. Not only is she portrayed without flaws from season 3 onward, now she's receiving completely unrealistic job offers? No way in hell would a high school guidance counselor ever be offered a Dean position at a university.
>>
>>63658932
>tfw that's the last Matt/Coach scene of the show

Left a sour taste in my mouth desu. Especially when their relationship was so important to the show.
>>
Am i the only one who thought they were gonna kill grandma saracin off
>>
>>63659122
No, I actually thought that would be the reason Matt would leave Dillon. Turns out it was his dad instead.

>>63659011
Kek kinda how Vince was getting more college offers than Smash in the fifth season, despite only playing for one losing season. Also, Luke suddenly being mediocre as fuck, even though he was hyped up as a huge star in the fourth season.
>>
>>63659086

no the dinner scene I thought was and then it shows them in philly and matt/julie living together.

The dinner scene was important as a transitory allegory about stages of life and it worked perfectly.

Coach didn't want to see his daughter repeat his wifes life and didn't want her with a football guy but unlike coach, Matt is a very different kind of football guy so its not exactly the same.

I think it worked pretty well
>>
>>63659011

Well high school principals do get headhunted by other education institutions but you're right Uni Head jobs are either brought in from high end corporate jobs or other universities, they usually look up instead of down.
>>
>>63659939
No, what I meant was, that's the last scene we get of Coach and Matt alone. Considering how important their relationship was, to end it like that left a bit to be desired tbqh.
>>
>>63658306
I thought season four was the best
>>
>>63659992
It wasn't the fact that she was able to become a Dean in the first place. It was the fact that she got it despite only having 5 years of education experience (don't they say that she was a housewife for 14 years?), with no PhD and no college or admissions experience.
>>
>>63659998

Oh that is true but at least the scene was completely in character for both of them.

I think with so many characters it is hard to be faithful to all of them in a hour long series finale. The problem was they didn't want to let Matt go when most of the characters his age were already gone.

It was but I think they had a lot of strong moments leading up to final scenes and really it was supposed to be about the new cast but those characters are so strong in the shows dna that it kept them around and tied into taylors being the lens for the show.

See my point would be, who do you cut? Kitsch wasn't on screen that much, and the new cast were basically turned into cameos. They just had too big of a cast, they should have started an episode earlier tying everything up.
>>
>>63660048

Oh, I might have totally forgotten about that but I thought she had previous experience from something else.

If that is true, you're right. That is insane.
>>
saracen was the worst character of the series, including from east dillon arc
>>
>>63660110

>and then the contrarian enters the scene

>cue mark
>>
File: 9ab.png (90 KB, 618x618) Image search: [Google]
9ab.png
90 KB, 618x618
>>63660110
>>
>>63654027
Lyla's a whore.
>>
Remember when lyla destroyed all those cars at her dads business and then it was never mentioned again?
>>
>>63660370

implying he wouldn't cover that shit up

>>63660325

agreed she has some whore in her dna, just like daddy

infact despite their christianizing them, it always seemed to me that Garretys represented darkside of football and generally bad shit in life
>>
>>63660409
>Major sluts but can be serious bros

That sounds like a Garrity to me.
>>
>>63653632

Why would you want that? Julie was fucking terrible

Poor Saracen being denied Coach's blessing for his daughter's hand in marriage was hilarious though. I seriously thought it being the finale and everything Saracen went through with him that he'd be softer about it.
>>
>>63654353

Can't stand sports especially american football but I adore the show
>>
>>63660465
>Julie was fucking terrible
Julie was the best girlfriend on the show nigga. Except in season 2, of course, but at least she broke up with him before she carried on with that greasy faggot. Plus she got her comeuppance when Matt keked her for a cheerleader and Latina nurse. Based.
>>
>>63660465

I had this exact feeling when I first watched it, him denying Matt was so fucking perfect.

usually shows try to softball it and Coach is like, fuck no.

>>63660459

exactly

>>63660518

it brings in a lot of essence why it is so popular.
>>
>>63652724
is this shit actually worth watching, is it decent drama

saw it on netflix but wasnt sure how garbage the show is
>>
>>63660134
how exactly is saracen the best character? he's entire role was to complain and be a bitch, name one notably good thing he did

riggins stopped coaches daughter from having drunk sex then didn't mention it when coach kicked him out, went to jail for his brother, went to mexico to save his friend from killing himself

and everyone knows buddy is the best character
>>
>>63652724
Is this a sequel to Bella and the Bulldogs?
>>
>>63660626
It's a slice of Americana.
It's a drama that you have to invest in. Season will be hard to push through.

>tfw you finish the series
>>
>>63660714
Season 2*
>>
>>63660643
You dumb, nigga. Riggins was a straight bum. The only time you ever saw Saracen whine was that time in season 2, but everybody has their breaking point. He always handled the shit life threw him like a total boss, unlike Riggins, who would drink himself silly. Also, Saracen is the better character because he's simply the better written, better acted character. This is fact.
>>
>>63660714
is the acting decent?
>>
>>63660790
Of courshe. Based Chandler is the lead. Also, Connie Britton is a great actress, and so are the actors who play Saracen (who should've won an Emmy for season 4) and Buddy. The rest of them are good, but those are the standouts.
>>
>>63660790
Kyle Chandler - Coach Taylor is great

Lyla is perfect at making you hate the fucking ever living shout out of her that fucking cunt- I mean, yeah. Pretty good.
>>
>>63660643

He was in the shadow of nation's sweetheart and that is a terrible place to be. Riggins ran away from responsibility for years and a few good acts do not outweigh the shittiness of his life or personality, he even admits that.

You're running on semantics and somatic bias I think because while I like Riggins, the show produced a lot of likable people so being strict in how you're defining what and why matters.

It is easy to empathize with a guy that doesn't exactly fit the mold and is usually shit on in one way or the other despite doing his best and at times doing better than the supposed 'better' be and fucking up less than his contemporaries.

Street, Riggins, Smash, are just a few who are peers and yet slightly older and I think when you place him in a group full of adversity, he comes out looking the best because he takes on unwanted jobs and does less bitching than the others too. You say bitching but he has maybe two outbursts.

Bathroom scene with coach and calling him out before championship game for leaving the team.

Him not being the upstanding guy at all times like Coach is what got him having people brought down on him, think about that.

He wasn't doing anything differently than the rest of the characters, he was just trying to be normal and everyone was like oh shit he isn't being perfect.

Sound the alarms! Even Coach is like I understand kid.

He got stuck with a bunch of thankless shit from every woman leaving him to working shit jobs to entire city hating him for stepping into a role he wasn't prepared for and still turned it around and won it.

He didn't play at all for 2 years and got drooped into Streets shoes, and won where Street did not.

You want to know why guys empathize with him? The universe shits on the guy and he finds a way to win.

That episode dealing with his dad finally coming home for the last time says it all and what he does after shows he isn't perfect.
>>
>>63660926

drooped - dropped, sorry for some typo's but I was writing out a lot of ideas.
>>
What the fuck happened with the JD McCoy subplot? Conflicts with the actors or something? That was dropped completely. Same goes the beaner that Buddy took under his wing... Sandiego?
>>
>>63654133
>not Tyra
>>
>>63661011

That was extremely jarring but after season 4, and them being crushed I'm glad they went away from that.

I know in middle of the series it went only on Direct tv for awhile and writers strike hit that show too.
>>
>>63652724
The Son is the best episode and the best performance of the whole series
>>
>>63661011
>What the fuck happened with the JD McCoy subplot?
There's a passing remark towards the end of season 5 that explains they got the hell out of dodge when they failed to make the playoffs in season 4.
>>
>>63661048
not Street
>>
>tfw I hated Buddy at the beginning
>tfw he ended up being one of my favorite characters

That scene where he begs his wife to take him back ;__;

That's how good the character development on this show was. Even side characters like Buddy and Billy felt like real people.
>>
>>63658988
Because Season 2 had two main problems:

a)Writer's strike
b)Network interference trying to make it a generic teen drama to boost ratings.

During Season 3 both of these problems weren't present which is why it went back to the quality of Season 1. Season 2 was an aberration with some shit plotlines that were thankfully abandoned.
>>
>>63661201
Even the small part about Tyra's stripper sister and her relationship with the mutt who really liked Tim got me.
>>
>>63661011
McCoy disappearing makes sense. Dillon was fucking up his future.
>>
File: 1359230032069.gif (202 KB, 500x284) Image search: [Google]
1359230032069.gif
202 KB, 500x284
>that episode where jd's dad beats the shit out of him and becomes his bitch
>>
>>63661201

Billy grew on me too

>That scene where he touches base with Tim in prison and offers to speak for him in that hearing
>"You've done enough damage already."
>>
>>63661341

That episode made me like JD a little, then they turned him into a tool
>>
>>63661054

NBC actually entered some sort of deal where DirecTV would get the episodes first, then they'd air on NBC at a later date. It's the only reason it aired as long as it, because no one was fucking watching it.

>>63661011

I think the mexican kid was a Senior, no? So it would make sense he'd leave after that. That's not even mentioning how god awful season two was. The whole thing ends with Coach wrestling with Peter Berg at the fucking restaurant, too. What a mess.
>>
>>63658430
modern Feminist in a nutshell
>>
how many seasons does this shitty show has? the last thing I remember from it was when the Coach thought Riggings was going to fuck his drunk daughter and kicked him out of his house or something
>>
>>63661943

I liked him when he first meets Seven and Julie talking shit about all the awards in that trophy room in his house and he awkwardly tries to agree with them how his dad goes overboard with it.

I'm pretty sure they just fucking stared at him until he turned 360 degrees and moonwalked out of the room lol

Was disappointed to see him turn out to be another shithead towards Luke in season 4, still feel that it was a mistake. His folks were separated by then so I don't see how his dad could've continued being a negative influence on him.

>>63662642

What shitty show? You in the wrong thread buddy?
>>
>>63662642
It has five seasons, you fucking plebeian.
>>
>>63662642
>>63652804
Pleb central everybody
>>
>>63662688

He was such a huge influence with the city because of his dad that his mom probably got sidelined which made him even worse tool because of divorce
>>
>>63662691
>>63662781
>>63662688

>Fucking pleb
Jokes on you I love the show, the only reason why I didn't finish because I didn't have a computer at the time and for some reason my cable network stopped airing the show
I was wondering when exactly I dropped the show, I remember some bitch in college trying to get an abortion and and meth Damon killing a rapist
>>
>>63662642

That's one of the best Riggins moments, too. Didn't even put up a fight, just left without saying anything.
>>
I've tried to watch this show about three times and havn't even been able to finish season 1. When does it get better?
>>
>>63663052

Not for you. The show hits the ground running so if you don't like it already... shit taste confirmed, drop it and spend your time more wisely

Alt answer: Keep enduring until season 2, you'll love the murder mystery they added to spice things up!
>>
>>63663211
thats not true i actually hate wheelchair boy and all the drama that revolves around it at the start of s1
>>
>>63654340
>Epyvk
jesus fuck. Thanks for the reminder. I literally skipped any parts she showed up
>>
>>63662883
Season 2 was shit. It went for 5 seasons.
>>
>>63663211
>>63663246
Yeah I hate that character. Gave zero fucks. Even though he wasn't a prick. I saw the movie so I kind of know what happens to him if it follows that. I'll just give it another shot.
>>
File: grid-cell-552-1392478790-7.jpg (55 KB, 309x463) Image search: [Google]
grid-cell-552-1392478790-7.jpg
55 KB, 309x463
This was the best ending (of the final season).
>>
GOAT thread, FNL is rarely talked about here.
>>
>>63663658

well the people that like it usually really like it already and people that hate it, avoid it just like they avoid everything football anyway.

Sort of like how people treat period pieces
>>
>>63663502
Most random ending, actually. Also, he most certainly got keked by Becky while he was overseas.
>>
>>63655426
What a qt
>>
>>63662883
>I remember some bitch in college trying to get an abortion and and meth Damon killing a rapist
You were towards the end of season 2. You should get back into it. It gets back on track with season 3.
>>
I had to give up watching this show earlier this year. I enjoyed S1 a good bit, but S2 killed it all for me. I tried watching S3 and only got like 3 episodes in. I know it gets really good, but I need a break after that trainwreck.

How good does it really get?
>>
>>63664418
Season 1 is the show's best, but it gets back to that type of quality with season 3. Give it a chance again.
>>
>>63664153
>Most random
except for the fact that so many unsure young men from small towns join the military
>>
>>63663293

Epyk getting kicked out of school is why she turned to a life of drugs on Breaking Bad
>>
>>63664491
I didn't say it was unrealistic. Just random as hell.

>>63664649
And Landry killed her.
>>
so who here thinks Blair +Dan Humphrey is best couple?
>>
>>63664684
chuck is such an annoying faggot. couldn't stand him.
blair best girl
>>
>>63664723
blair is the reason i started watching and have seen every ep of gg

dont rate blake lively
>>
>>63664757
blake is hot as fuck but she was such an annoying stupid cunt on the show. really dont know why i watched every ep
>>
>>63664723
I liked her a lot too. And the past part of the show was she getting friendly with Dan.
>>
>>63664684
Eric + Tami is best couple.
>>
File: Lg_fnl_2009_5.jpg (119 KB, 674x379) Image search: [Google]
Lg_fnl_2009_5.jpg
119 KB, 674x379
LANDRY FOR BEST BOY
>>
>>63665312

Meth Damon just wants to make a christian speed metal band! Cruxifictorius
>>
Taylor Kitsch at his best is a better actor than Zach Gilford at his best, but they gave Saracen a lot more to work with. The Son is a masterpiece of television.
>>
>>63665224
Eric and Tami are probably the best portrayal of a married couple in modern television.
>>
>>63664684

It's obviously dan & nate
>>
>>63665394

I think you're being unfair to seven there buddy but I would say Kitsch's work outside of FNL sort of disproves your point. He was given a better springboard outside of the show and faceplanted into pay for gay to stay in the industry.

Normal heart and True detective being his most recent works after blunder of the century that is John Carter and Battleship
>>
>>63665461
>>63665394

Also reminder he could have passed on those two franchises.

Meanwhile Gilford has been doing smaller movies and improving himself.
>>
>>63665394
>Taylor Kitsch at his best is a better actor than Zach Gilford at his best
lmao
>>
File: lol.png (19 KB, 390x470) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
19 KB, 390x470
>>63665394
>Taylor Kitsch
>better actor than Zach Gilford
Jesus Christ, man. I like Riggins and all, but nah.
>>
Agreeing with those others here, that The Son is my favorite episode of the show. I still go back to it every now and then.

When Matt goes over to Coach's house and tries to eat before breaking down and trying to leave because "I'm being rude and I don't like being rude", made me psychically tear up the first two times I watched it. Saracen was such a pure hearted person and so incredibly decent that I wished at either Eric or Tami at least had something good to say intially when Matt proposed
>>
>>63665910

If your kid told you they're getting married at 18, you'd be like wtf

They're essentially making the same mistakes coach and mrs coach made by getting married so young without living life

But when you know, you know, you know?
>>
>>63665969
>They're essentially making the same mistakes coach and mrs coach made by getting married so young without living life

But that was never portrayed as a mistake on Eric and Tami's part. In fact, quite the opposite. Coach and Tami being married young was probably the writers' way of ensuring the viewers that Matt and Julie would make it.
>>
riggins had more comfy moments

are there any shows as comfy and full of feels as FNL?

I really miss this show lads
>>
File: 120fridaynightlights0862.jpg (52 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
120fridaynightlights0862.jpg
52 KB, 1280x720
Don't get me wrong, The Son is GOAT, but Mud Bowl is the most perfect episode FNL ever did.
>>
>>63666024

they dropped hints about it throughout the series but didnt confront it till it was shoved in their faces when matt asked coach
>>
>>63666133
What? It was never implied in the show that Eric and Tami marrying young was a mistake. That fight with Eric and Tami in the finale was about Eric's refusal to compromise for Tami's career. It had nothing to do with them being married young.
>>
>>63652724
>you will never kill someone for your waifu
>>
>>63652804
Because it's not trash. One of the best dramas of all time.
>>
ANON! GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE!

JUST WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT AIMING, SON? WHAT ARE YOU DOIN'?
>>
Did Smash smash Julie?
>>
>>63666208

Between them it was that but to their daughter it was because they were too young. That seemed to be a repeating theme towards julie, from sex to basic life choices, so maybe I just felt like it was implied at that point.
>>
>>63666294

trying to stop a pick six

brb coach
>>
>>63666125
Thanksgiving is so cliched, yet is makes me so happy.
>>
File: 76JUg2q.jpg (105 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
76JUg2q.jpg
105 KB, 612x612
>>63655426
Oh, I can recognise her just fine.
>>
File: 1118full-connie-britton.jpg (1 MB, 1118x1645) Image search: [Google]
1118full-connie-britton.jpg
1 MB, 1118x1645
Top tier mommy on tv.
>>
>>63666208
Dumb scene because he'd already compromised for her career a few seasons earlier when he gave up the college job.
>>
>>63666717

He wasn't happy there, though. Not really the same.
>>
>>63654133
to be honest smash in season 1 was useless, but later on I think it was one of the deepest less "cartoony" characters, or at least it seemed to me that he had some degree of real struggle , just like many young athletes has.. but that's my opinion.
>>
>>63667469
Smash is based. Only cūcks think otherwise.
>>
>>63667962
>>63667469
being a football player I can vouch Smash is a great representation of young athletes who struggle a bit with personal home stuff
>>
>>63667469
Smash also had the best goodbye scene on the show.
>>
>>63652724
http://www.buzzfeed.com/jbspence/26-times-that-tim-riggins-was-pure-perfection-g4wq
>>
>>63655023
shit taste senpai
>>
File: 1443065865945.png (79 KB, 563x517) Image search: [Google]
1443065865945.png
79 KB, 563x517
>>63668876
>unironically linking a Buzzfeed article
>>
>>63666294
looks like Muschamp
>>
Riggins is the hidden Jesus.

Saracen is a more modern character.
Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.