[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brooklyn 99
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: brooklyn-99.jpg (64 KB, 630x350) Image search: [Google]
brooklyn-99.jpg
64 KB, 630x350
Is it just me, or are the characters starting to get insanely flanderized? Gina was legitimately retarded in last night's episode (risking her life to go get cans of hairspray so she could use them as flamethrowers against guys with guns).
>>
>>63649133
>Terry LIKES talking about himself in the third person!

It's not just you.

There'll probably be another season. If the trajectory continues I will probably tune out. Still loving Andre though, Captain Holt is staying strong.
>>
>>63649133
Y'know how there's a curve with most sitcoms, that with time, like, 4-5 seasons the characters will eventually turn into cartoon parodies?
B99 is there already, I think it's mostly because most of it's characters were already cartoony, but I dunno. Maybe they wasted all the potential and ideas already.

Like >>63649542 said, just look at how much they're doing ''Terry likes/hates/loves something'' this season.
>>
i only watch for santiago tbqh family
>>
>>63649133
Gina has always been like, she is the worse.
The only one that is starting to bother me is Terry
>>
I agree on the whole but I think the opposite is happening in Holt. He's actually turning into more and more of a normal person.

People actually, y'know, feel things.
>>
It is. For a show that's only about 2.5 seasons old the writing is that of a show that's been on for 7 years (see Modern Family). I pretty much fast forward through anything that includes Jake, Boyle and sometimes Terry.
>>
>>63649904

It's all about starting points. Holt was initially this almost-robot, if you know what I mean. Now and then, for comedic and/or dramatic effect, the calm neutrality would be punctured. With every instance, the effect diminishes, so they go for bigger and more fundamental transgressions of the basic character template. All part of the same process, but much more tolerable with Holt because, like you say, he's moving towards being less cartoonish rather than more.
>>
>>63649904
And also Rosa
>>
>>63649989
>Holt was initially this almost-robot, if you know what I mean.
>"That is without question the single funniest story I have heard in my entire life."
>>
>>63649937
I feel like Jake is actually about the same as he's always been (basically a manchild), but yeah Boyle has been getting more and more intolerable.
>>
surprised 4chan didnt bitch about the captain being a homo
>>
>>63649776
>tfw Melissa Fumero is preggo irl
>>
>>63650158

Confirmed? God DAMN I fucking knew it from the shot-blocking this season. My pradar is SO on-point.
>>
>>63650235
Yeah it's really obvious if you look back at season 3. All Amy did was sit at her desk, hug Jake or wear really baggy clothes.
>>
>>63649133
I can't watch this anymore after 4chan told me about that bitch and her huge nose.
>>
>>63649133
>Flanderized
>>
>>63649999
>And Rosa

I'm starting think her character was ill-conceived. Holt becoming more "human" makes sense because he's never had a squad care about him like the 99 but Rosa? She was a bitch before Holt showed up, she was bitch for 1.5 seasons, then Marcus showed up (Nick Cannon should not act) and then she was slightly less of a bitch and then something will happen to make her that old bitch again. Yadada.

>>63650078
Never really got Boyle's humour to begin with. Actually, who is funny (except Holt) on 99?
>>
>>63650523
Hitchcock and Skully. Unless you mean intentionally, then I don't really know.

But as we all know there is no one funnier then Ray Holt.
>>
>>63650523
>Actually, who is funny (except Holt) on 99?

Terry used to be funny! But Terry's character became constrained by the perceived limitations of what had proven popular with the character! So now, Terry really only does those things! Terry's dead inside!
>>
Captain Holt makes the show. Without him the show wouldn't be worth watching. Andre Braugher nails the delivery every time.

Although I also watch for Diaz and Amy because they gives me a boner. Latina cops get me going.
>>
>>63650648
>tfw terry will never be your dad
>>
>>63650723
It's really shocking how much of a straight face he has. I feel like after a while the writers are trying to find ways of making Braugher crack and actually smile on camera but as far as I can tell it hasn't happened yet.
>>
>>63650460
>Stupid sexy degredation of character
>>
File: Smile.png (1 MB, 1024x800) Image search: [Google]
Smile.png
1 MB, 1024x800
>>63650158
>implying that's a problem
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.