[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>LET THE LARD OF THE BLACK LAND CAM FARTH How exactly does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: 1412203297348.png (281 KB, 492x354) Image search: [Google]
1412203297348.png
281 KB, 492x354
>LET THE LARD OF THE BLACK LAND CAM FARTH
How exactly does Aragorn expect a giant eyeball to come forth?
>>
Sauron has a physical body in the tower.
>>
Why does he say this line so weird?
>>
File: eye-of-sauron.jpg (53 KB, 367x371) Image search: [Google]
eye-of-sauron.jpg
53 KB, 367x371
What if you sneaked to the top of Barad dur and placed the ring directly beneath the eye on the tip of one of the spikes?

Would it be able to look down and see it, or would it be too out of focus?
>>
>>63646140
cause he knew was getting cut
>>
>>63646144
Would throwing the ring into the eye destroy it?
>>
>>63646140
He actually says most of his lines in a weird way and once you notice it it's really annoying
>>
>>63646745
The Eye isn't real, it's a metaphor for omnipotence and the will of Sauron. But of course, Jackson being the hack he is thought "lol let's put a motherfucking eye in there xD"
>>
>>63646140
He is not a native english speaker
>>
>>63646833
I've read the book 10 years ago but I'm still pretty sure you're wrong
>>
>>63646847
>Born: Viggo Peter Mortensen Jr. October 20, 1958 in Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA
>>
>>63646944
>Mortensen was born in New York City. His mother, Grace Gamble (née Atkinson), is American, and his father, Viggo Peter Mortensen, Sr., is Danish; the two met in Norway. His maternal grandfather was from Nova Scotia, Canada, and his maternal grandmother's family was from New England.

>The family moved to Venezuela, then Denmark, and eventually settled in Argentina in the provinces of Córdoba, Chaco, and Buenos Aires where he attended primary school and acquired a fluent proficiency in Spanish while his father managed poultry farms and ranches.

His accent never stood a chance.
>>
File: viggo.jpg (45 KB, 700x463) Image search: [Google]
viggo.jpg
45 KB, 700x463
>>63647059
I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill em' all!
>>
File: 1402001469197.jpg (8 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1402001469197.jpg
8 KB, 250x250
>>63647385
>>
>>63645787
Saurons wraith body thing spirit is supposedly lurking around the tower. Or under it. I cant remember
>>
>>63648172
He head physical form, he tortured gollum himself.

Don't know how it goes in the movies, but gollum is able to give a phyiscal description on Sauron. In the books.
>>
>yfw you realize Gandalfs plan all along was to fly to Mordor on the eagles as soon as they were past Caradhras/Moria
>He even tries to tell the fellowship that they need to fly before he falls down with the Balrog when he says "Fly you fools"
>It never happens because they get split up and they never meet them again until its all over
>>
>>63645787
Orignally hackson planned aragons fight with the troll to be a fight with second age sauron in full body armour.
Watch it again and its obvious that they just changed the cgi in post production.
>>
File: bigeyeforyou.jpg (53 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bigeyeforyou.jpg
53 KB, 1280x720
>>63645787
Originally, Sauron was supposed to come out. They filmed him fighting Aragorn in everything, but then PJ dubbed in that giant troll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7w5p34t5EM
>>
>>63647385
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPkZJRJ1sTQ
>>
>>63645787
>giant eyeball

film-scum detected.
>>
>>63648551
Holy shit, I never knew that, that makes a lot of sense considering how much they focussed on aragorn vs that troll in the release version.
>>
File: 1428943455175.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1428943455175.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>63648551
>he was made of lensflare all along
>>
>>63648551

the way he parried a fucking 20 ton heavy trolls mace in the "fixed" version was so awkward, they should have just left sauron in.
>>
>>63648634

This was news to me too.
>>
>>63648683
I think it's just a fan edit using the raw behind the scene footage.
>>
>>63648214

In the books Sauron had a physical form when he was torturing Gollum at Mirkwood (Dol Guldur). Then the White Council attacked Dol Guldur, Sauron had to flee to Mordor and he took the form of the burning eye.

He never had physical body in Mordor.
>>
>>63648551
looks epic as fuck
>>
>>63648551
wow what the fuck
>>
>>63646852
He's not wrong. It's a metaphor, and in the books Sauron actually has a physical body. It wouldn't make sense for him to have a random eye on the tower.
>>
>>63648551
I can't believe they didn't go with Sauron.
>>
File: what might have been.webm (1 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
what might have been.webm
1 MB, 854x480
>>63648551
Why? That would've been better in every way. I never understood why at the end they have him fight some random troll as if it mattered somehow to the story, but now I guess I still don't only I'm angry about it.

Why would they paint over a real physical guy with a CGI troll when the original was much better? Reminds me of webm related.
>>
>be amazing super all powerful godlike being
>store all my power in a ring
>don't wear any sort of protective gloves over the ring
>have it cut off by some guy with a sword
Was Sauron retarded?
>>
>>63648551
Looks fucking awful, how would this be good? Raises a million questions
>>
>>63648551
This is a fan video by the way, you can tell with most of the Sauron shots and the fucking lens flare out of nowhere.

Though it's true that it was originally supposed to be Aragorn vs. Sauron, but nothing was really filmed for it, the idea was scrapped pretty early on and it was decided that Aragorn would fight a troll instead.
>>
>>63649740
Obviously this is a shitty fan edit from some raw footage. But in principle it would've been better.
>>
>>63649423
what the fuck is with this webm I cant load or download it
>>
>>63649880
>but nothing was really filmed for it, the idea was scrapped pretty early on and it was decided that Aragorn would fight a troll instead

Wrong. They filmed entire fucking shot with Sauron fighting Aragorn. Only later, in post-production they replaced it with CGI troll, because they realised that would be fucking stupid.

The "light" you see when Fellowship confronts him at Black Gates was when you'd see him first in his Angelic, Maia form, trying to "decieve" the army of humans. Then Aragorn turns around, untouched by his spell, and says "For Frodo". Sauron reveals his true form, and armies of West attack.

It was all in post production materials to ROTK. Can't find it on youtube ATM.
>>
>>63649880
its in the dvd extras, retard
>>
He's indicating that he's ready to prep the bull.
>>
>>63649880
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sauron>

>In earlier versions of Jackson's script, Sauron does indeed "come forth" at Aragorn's challenge, and does battle with him: The extra materials published together with the extended DVD version of the third movie indicate as much. Scenes of the fight were shot, but later this idea was discarded and was replaced by a scene (in the extended version) where Aragorn kills the "Mouth of Sauron" (a representative of Sauron) before fighting a Mordor troll. In fact, the footage of the battle with the troll was the same footage of Aragorn fighting Sauron, with theCGItroll mapped over a painted-out Sauron, as seen in the DVD special features. In this abandoned scene, when Sauron first emerges from the Black Gate, he appears in his fair and seductive form as "Annatar the Lord of Gifts", trying to entice Aragorn and the other leaders with offers of peace and dominion. When they reject him, he reverts to his true form, as seen in the prologue. Jackson said he removed the scene when he realized it was too much of a departure from the source material and thematically missed the point: the battle was supposed to be a selfless sacrifice by Aragorn and his army, and making it into a duel between Aragorn and Sauron made it more about personal glory.
>>
>>63646790
YOU CANNOT WIELD IT

no idea how to convey his accent here but it cracks me up everytime
>>
>>63648787
He tortured Gollum IN Mordor. Thats the whole reason Gollum knows about the path of cirith ungol in the first place.
>>
>>63650479
Wow. That final part about the departure from the source material and the message of the moment really makes you wonder how the fuck the hobbit happened
>>
File: 1449528886607.gif (15 KB, 250x200) Image search: [Google]
1449528886607.gif
15 KB, 250x200
>>63648551
Fake fan edit.
>>
>>63650815
Read the thread retard, this is an actual footage.
>>
>>63650738
PJ didn't care the second time around, not sure why but he didn't
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.