[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AYYY IS THIS GOOD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: The_Expanse_TV.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
The_Expanse_TV.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
AYYY IS THIS GOOD
>>
>>63644069
I found it hard to watch, and as dubious as it might sound, I'm not retarded.
>>
I too am curious about this
>>
>>63644069
It's pretty alright. Worldbuilding and sets are cool.
>>
Did we get any new episodes yet? Last time I checked, the first one was free on youtube, but nothing else was up yet.
>>
bump, this show seems good
>>
>>63644999
They're airing the first one tonight and the second one tomorrow I think
>>
bump 20 minutes in and it seems competent so far
>>
a 40 minute bump, seems interesting now
>>
Okay so the first episode has been watched, I feel like theres a story somewhere here and we might be in for a real doozy, but it's too early to tell.
>>
bumping again, hoping /tv/ checks this out!

it looks like it could be a new cult franchise!
>>
>>63647935

Not too much of a cult I hope haha, we need people to watch it so it doesn't get cancelled haha
>>
I enjoyed it but I want to see more eps
>>
>>63648019

I watched the first one on youtube. Is the second episode aired today or tomorrow?
>>
>>63647994
>>63647935
>>63648019
Stop talking to yourself, OP.
However please do make a new thread when there's some more episodes cause I would like to check it out.
>>
File: Expanse_thumb2_0.jpg (853 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Expanse_thumb2_0.jpg
853 KB, 1920x1080
Wait so they're airing the 1st ep tonight? Shit, I was expecting the 2nd. Cool shit so far.
>>
>>63648071

Oh I only got one (you) from that, my friend
>>
>>63648117
So it's ep1 tonight, 2 tomorrow, 3 the 22nd. Bretty syked. These usually look like shit but this one has some decent production values.
>>
>>63648307
Shame about the bad dialogue
>>
>>63648623
It's sci-fi. Stilted dialogue is a given.
>>
>>63648623

Compared to anything else on that network, its pretty much 10/10
>>
I only got a chance to watch the opening scene a few nights ago, is it Event Horizon 2: Electric Boogaloo, or something different? I suppose I'll watch the whole thing tonight.
>>
>>63644069
What is this about? Only expanse I know is the one from Star Trek Enterprise
>>
>>63648796
so it's sometime in the next 100-200 years or so when earth and the moon are one political faction, mars is a faction, and "the belt" is a faction.

There have been big mining operations to recover precious metals and water from asteroids, many asteroids are now depleted of resources so people living in "the belt" are marginalized and power moves from mars and earth+moon to control the mining trade of the water and other precious elements will most likely lead to war.

that seems to be where it's heading...we'll see if they make it that far into production.

random clip of show
>>
>>63649390
A/V 10/10

thanks yifi
>>
>>63644069
Fuck you syfy shill.

This show still looks like cheap canadashit. None of the characters are interesting. You took the great dialogue from the book and replaced it with stupidity.

This is not how you kickoff what is supposed to be your next Battlestar Galactica.

In short, I hope this shit bankrupts the fuck out of SYFY to the point where whoever makes the creative decisions gets shitcanned and people who actually like science fiction replace them.
>>
>>63649640

Uhh, Canada actually produces great shows you gigantic twat. Also sorry if theres not enough gay buttsex in it to interest you lol lil fagboi
>>
>>63648689
shti that doesn't smell as rank is still shit. They could have at least tried to capture the fun and intelligent wittiness of the novels.
>>
>>63649702

>being a bookfag

It's science fiction, I certainly hope you don't take its literature to heart
>>
>>63649640
>Dominion
>Continuum
>SGU
>Killjoys
>Dark matter
>Every other syfy show that nobody gives a shit about.

Nice try kid. Don't stay up too late shitposting, you probably have a big test in your 8th grade algebra class.
>>
>>63649743
This is without a doubt the most retarded thing I've ever seen posted on /TV/.
>>
>>63649806
>Have SGU
>Forget how they killed SG-1
Fuck you
>>
File: 1415400463862.jpg (24 KB, 320x241) Image search: [Google]
1415400463862.jpg
24 KB, 320x241
>>63649896

>he unironically finds science fiction novels engaging

Very reddit
>>
>>63649702
> They could have at least tried to capture the fun and intelligent wittiness of the novels.
Only two first novels in Expanse series are good, the rest degrade into crap pretty quickly
>>
>>63649934
>>
>>63644069
kinda shit. world building is all over the place. mostly flash not much substance.
>>
>>63649934
So this is what /tv/ has become.
>>
>>63644069
>zero g fucking
I am a simple man.
>>
>>63650049
Wasn't there some scientific paper about how it would be impossible to maintain a boner in zero g though?
>>
>>63649934
>i never read Solaris, Neuromancer or Dune
Faggot.
>>
>>63650076
That's not how dicks work though.
>>
>>63650076
Get a boner in gravity, then go it in zero g.
>>
>>63649806
>>SGU
I hope you're not implying this daytime soap opera set in the Stargate universe is somehow good.
>>
>>63650076

we send people up in space all the time and I'm pretty sure they would know if they can get it hard or not.

Fucking retard
>>
File: emh sigh.gif (459 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
emh sigh.gif
459 KB, 250x188
>>63649390
>>63649437
Needs more jpeg dude.
>>
>>63649640
>Great dialogue from book
>Writers include the line "so and so felt a tickle in their brain/neck/back/ear/dick/nosehairs" to signify they think something is weird

Love the story, but goddamn the tickles. TICKLES EVERYWHERE!
>>
>>63649390
It's about an alien "proto-molecule" that is discovered in the solar system and the humans efforts to control/destroy/explain it. There's political stuff around Mars/Earth, but I'm halfway into the second book and it's mostly background noise. The Belt resistance are big players in the story, but the story itself isn't really about politics at all.

Honestly, the Mars/Earth/OPA stuff is handled like "All the ships orbiting the planet start firing at each other in flashes of nuclear explosions, each turning into a tiny fusion star for a moment, ok, let's get back to the real story".
>>
I liked the first episode.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.