[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well, that was fucking depressing.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: koyaan.jpg (35 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
koyaan.jpg
35 KB, 720x480
Well, that was fucking depressing.
>>
Great soundtrack.
>>
>>63641457
I just got around to watching the film today, but I listen to the soundtrack all the time. It's what made me decide to watch the damn thing.
>>
I don't find it completely depressing. At the beginning it shows the natural monuments that inspired our myths and whatnot then by the end we see we've made things bigger and and made tiny things that are infinitely complex. We're making the new wonders to inspire our myths now.
>>
A great example showing that a film does not need a good plot to be engaging or good.
>>
>>63641903
The people all just looked like these tiny, mindless bugs. It made me feel ashamed to be a part of this species, but I already felt like that before I saw it, so I dunno.
>>
>>63641105

The sequel was produced by George Lucas (Or this one, whatever)

It's in the same universe as Star wars :^)
>>
>>63642020
Yeah, I feel the same way coming here.
>>
dat ending https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OacVy8_nJi0
>>
File: 1395279569697.png (21 KB, 176x232) Image search: [Google]
1395279569697.png
21 KB, 176x232
What feelings did the soundtrack evoke in you, /tv/?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6Il58Ln4cI

>tfw the universe is indifferent to your suffering
>>
>>63641105
Fucking hopi propaganda
>>
>>63642256
>hopiganda
>>
DUDE CIVILIZATION IS BAD LMAO
DUDE NATURE IS GOOD AND DOESN'T FUNCTION COMPLETELY ON DEATH AND BRUTALITY LMAOOOOO
>>
>>63642513
WATCH ME! I'M GONNA MEME THE SHIT OUT OF THIS THREAD

Swine
>>
>>63642513
>when a shitposter goes full retard
>>
>>63642513
OP here. I thought the same thing when I was watching it. Nature *is* fucking brutal, so the way I see it, nothing we do is "unnatural." We're no different than any other animal. We like to think we're better because we have language and technology, but we're still slaves to the same basic instincts and drives.
>>
File: kecak.jpg (455 KB, 1920x876) Image search: [Google]
kecak.jpg
455 KB, 1920x876
CAKCAK CAKCAKCAKCAK CAK CAK CAK CAKCAKCAK CAKCAK CAK CAK CAK
>>
>>63642617
In nature, what the "civilized" consider brutality is standard. But, at the time, civilization viewed the complete and total destruction of the vast majority of all life on earth was considered a strong bargaining position.
>>
File: 1449632391895.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1449632391895.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
>>63642617
>"There are hidden contradictions in the minds of people who "love Nature" while deploring the "artificialities" with which "Man has spoiled 'Nature'". The obvious contradiction lies in their choice of words, which imply that Man and his artifacts are not part of "Nature" -- but beavers and their dams are. But the contradictions go deeper than this prima-facie absurdity. In declaring his love for a beaver dam (erected by beavers for beavers' purposes) and his hatred for dams erected by men (for the purposes of men) the "Naturist" reveals his hatred for his own race -- i.e., his own self-hatred. In the case of "Naturists" such self-hatred is understandable; they are such a sorry lot. But hatred is too strong an emotion to feel toward them; pity and contempt are the most they rate. As for me, willy-nilly I am a man, not a beaver, and H. sapiens is the only race I have or can have. Fortunately for me, I like being part of a race made up of men and women -- it strikes me as a fine arrangement and perfectly "natural". Believe it or not, there were "Naturists" who opposed the first flight to old Earth's Moon as being "unnatural" and a "despoiling of Nature"." - Time Enough for Love (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Enough_for_Love), 1973, Robert A. Heinlein
>>
>>63642749
I don't understand.
>>
>>63642793
Was this meant for me? 'Cause I agree with you.
>>
>>63642861
It was meant for all. It's not a rebuttal. Heinlein just has a fantastic way of putting it.
>>
>>63642895

Ahh, heinlein. One of the greats of our generation.

>tfw Mike dies at the end of Mistress

I swear if they try and make that into a movie I will shoot the director in his face for being a overreaching retard
>>
>>63643041

Did you hear they are going to adapt The Forever War? It's gonna suck SO BAD. Makes me mad senpai.

Of course it's gonna be in THREEEEEEE DEEEEEEEEE fml
>>
>>63643110
WITH FUCKING CHANNING TATUM AS WELL

FUCK

AND THEY ARE PROBABLY GOING TO CENSOR OUT THE HOMESEXUAL PERIOD OF EARTH BECUASW THEY ARE SPINELESS KEKS

like Jesus's FUCK it's supposed to be commentary about Vietnam and coming back to a changed world

Don't fuck with the meaning for crybullies
>>
baraka, samsara and koyaanisqatsi are such intense, emotional pieces when youre high as fuck

me and a friend had just come back from clubbing and had done ecstacy and cocaine, we were coming down slightly so we sat down and smoked weed, he put baraka on and we just watched the whole thing without moving in the dark, then samsara and finally koyaanisqatsi as the sun came up

most surreal amazing moment ive ever been in
>>
>>63643309
>dude weed lmao
>>
>>63643309
>me and a friend
It's "A friend and I"
>>
>>63643721
Both are fully acceptable. Fully.
>>
>>63643808
No, you would never say "me had just come back from clubbing", unless you are some boorish mongolian.
>>
>>63643721

Shut the fuck up you limey cunt, nobody cares about your archaic form of english
>>
File: 27791.jpg (48 KB, 500x301) Image search: [Google]
27791.jpg
48 KB, 500x301
>>63643986
>>
>>63643309
>Such a deep movie when you're high as fuck duuude

So is literally any movie
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.