[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>So what if we make a movie about a guy who couldn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: 1440093407349.jpg (442 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1440093407349.jpg
442 KB, 1600x900
>So what if we make a movie about a guy who couldn't grow up beyond his high school years
>And then he reunites with all his friends
>And they all have good lives, fullfiling ones, and he's a loser
>And he goes on like this journey of self-discovery
>But in the end he doesn't even have to grow up and lives in a post-apocalyptic world being a manchild forever?

Is there a more pointless movie?
>>
I'll take "what is a pastiche" for $500.
>>
File: 1441904203745.jpg (102 KB, 540x574) Image search: [Google]
1441904203745.jpg
102 KB, 540x574
>You just spent at least an hour on your ass watching other people play pretend.

Yeah real pointless.
>>
Maybe it isn't about growing up but pretending to be someone you're not.

Never ever dog your mates.
>>
>>63641082
I hand't actually considered this before. Another reason to dislike it besides it being so long and unfunny
>>
>>63641082

Yea the message of that movie was depressing as fuck, just pure escapism. There was no alien apocalypse in our world so Gary just killed himself?
>>
>tfw you're that guy in your group and you can't find anything to please you outside of hanging out with them
>>
>>63641082
>>But in the end he doesn't even have to grow up and lives in a post-apocalyptic world being a manchild forever?
>grizzled, hard survivors of post-apocalyptic landscapes are just manchildren
Are you seriously implying the majority of 4chan would be the most successful survivors should the world end?
>>
I didn't quite know what this movie was before I watched it. I only knew that it was getting good reviews.

I was kinda enjoying it as a (relative to american comedies) low key comedy, but when you first find out there are robots it basically becomes an action movie for the rest of it, and it's quite uninteresting

it's basically like they took an episode of Regular Show and turned it into a movie.
>>
>>63641082
it's a metaphor.

it was linking adulthood to mindless conformity of modern society, right? Pegg can't grow up so he can't conform and can't fit in to society.

Then at the end society is destroyed because human beings in general (even adults) are too much like manchildren for the aliens. So Pegg is in heaven because he doesn't have to conform any more.

It's basically autism: the movie.
>>
>>63641082
>>63641194
>>63641198
>>63641326
>>63641331

You know who else hates this flick?

Reddit.
>>
>>63641326
That's what's so depressing about it, that it would've been a much more interesting and personal movie if they actually just went on the pub quest without all the wacky shit.
>>
A movie complaining about conformity doesn't work well coming from sjw faggots
>>
>>63641082
Better than Shaun of the Dead to be quite honest
>>
>>63641146
>>You just spent at least an hour on your ass watching other people play pretend.
Bassically every movie ever
>>
>>63641386
Are you trying to say we should like it because reddit hates it? Just kill yourself mate
>>
>>63641082
I asked a group of ex-friends to do pub crawl like this, they just laughed.. Fuck them. I'd rather be a Gary King desu senpai.
>>
>>63641082
wtf else are you supposed to do in a post apocolyptic world? Be a miserable fuck and grow weeds when you've got a bunch of robot mates as ur bros.

Stupid mong OP. He his younger mates
>>
>>63641472
>Are you trying to say

You know who else reads stuff that isn't there?

Tumblr.
>>
>>63641503
Is a pub crawl just the UK equivalent of bar hopping or is the planning and one drink per bar stuff from the film always part of it?
>>
>>63641406
exactly.

has anybody ever compared TWE to From Dusk Til Dawn? I caught that one on a hotel TV about 15 years ago. I was absolutely sucked into the movie until it abruptly became a vampire action movie.
>>
>>63641082
It's not solely about him being a loser. It's about him finding fulfillment solely in the past in nostalgia. He had nothing that made him feel significant. The doomsday scenario everyone else fears is one in which he finds purpose and can live in the present.
>>
>>63641451

Nah Kung Fury was well under an hour
>>
>>63641625
Usually planned, if you just went out and happened to go to more than one place you wouldn't call it a pub crawl.
>>
>>63641662
I keep hearing about From Dusk Til Dawn, and immediately I thought of TWE.

I've never seen it, but TWE is one of my favorites(fuck you) so will I like that one?
>>
>pointless movie
a lot of cautionary tales are pointless.
>>
>>63641625
It's the bar hopping equivalent. There is also the sub crawl, which is the same except you go to a pub at each stop along a train route.
>>
>>63641625

A crawl is somewhat planned, as much as you can plan a pissup.

There aren't really any rules about number of drinks, really. At least not in my circles, but I'm from fuckin' Glasgow.

It's a 'crawl' and not a 'hop' for a reason.
>>
>>63641082
the thing is these movies are considered unfunny trash in britain
you, the american, only find them funny because of the zany accents and lingo
spaced/shaun of dead/hot fuzz/worlds end are to britain what big mama's house is to america and viced-versa
>>
>>63641934
Stale pasta bruv
>>
>>63641572
shut the fuck up you are a special kind of cunt. I only wish for your death.
>>
>>63642011
>shut the fuck up

You know who else censors people like that?

Neogaf.
>>
>>63642086
No one will miss you when you're worm food.
>>
>>63641806
if you're okay with a very interesting, character-based movie ON A FUCKING DIME turning into a mindless action movie, yeah
>>
>>63641239
>tfw you get all your buddies together to watch this film without knowing what it's about and a generally uncomfortable feeling settles over you as it hits too close to home
>still convince all your friends to get shit-faced afterwards despite their protests anyway
>>
>>63642121
wat
>>
File: image.png (95 KB, 300x211) Image search: [Google]
image.png
95 KB, 300x211
im gay
>>
>>63641806
yes
>>
>>63641082
That movie was a great example about 4chan users. While every one else has grown up, has money and can afford what he wants there is that one broke ass loser who believes he issomebody while the rest just ignores or pity him.
>>
>>63641082

You are writing this as this is the only movie with this premise
>>
>>63642121
General misconception. Worms are never able to get through the coffin at first and are not living as deep in the Ground.
>>
>>63641934
>big mama's house

lol thats low 10/10
>>
>>63641198
Gary is not real, anon
>>
Hot Fuzz>Shaun of the Dead>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>World's End
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.