[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TROY 2004
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: 48-JK97fl8KE.png (924 KB, 629x499) Image search: [Google]
48-JK97fl8KE.png
924 KB, 629x499
>Director's Cut: 196 minutes

But, DAMN, it's entertaining
>>
File: Diane Kruger - Troy (2).webm (3 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
Diane Kruger - Troy (2).webm
3 MB, 1920x800
>>63631778
>dat young Diane Kruger
>>
>>63631821
>dat body double
>>
>>63631778
Orlando Bloom ruins any movie he is part of.
>>
>>63631844
>le body double faggots
every time
>>
>>63631821

more like dat prime rose byrne
>>
>>63631778
director's cut is ass because the soundtrack is edited so much worse
>>
>>63631917

The only body double I can recall in anything was Keira Knightley in Domino. I love ya Keira, but that ass aint yous
>>
Top movie.
Some decent casting, costumes and sets. I enjoyed the Achilles/Hector rivalry and characters like Agamemnon.
I'm working my way through the Age of Bronze comics, which is also a great retelling of the Trojan war. Recommended if you want a more thorough (illustrated) retelling of the story but are too plebeian for The Iliad.

Also recommend Alexander as far as modern epics go.
Any others to recommend?
>>
>>63632066
Oh, really? I didn't know that. Are you sure it's better, it wouldn't simply be another collection of 'epic' themes?
>>
>>63632111

Alexander is horrendous
>>
>>63631860
Even Kingdom of Heaven? I don't like that faggot, but I thought he didn't suck in KoH.
>>
>>63632167
It's good if you don't care about historical accuracy, focused narratives or compelling characters.
OK, maybe I didn't think this through.
It gets a bonus point for Rosario Dawson's titties.

How about we place Alexander in the mid-low tier. Troy firmly in Mid tier.
Kingdom of heaven: Directors Cut in High tier. Gladiator in high tier too.
>>
>>63632114
Music plays a big part in epics imo. if you really enjoyed the movie, give the original theatrical version a shot, I feel the soundtrack changes the pacing of some scenes drastically, like the beach scene.
>>
>>63632257
Shit taste: the post. Keep jerking to niggers, loser.
>>
>>63631778
YOU SACK OF WINE
>>
>>63632289
>>>reddit
>>
>>63632289
I'm talking a out modern historical epics you condescending fag, there's not a whole lot to choose from.

You could add Braveheart, maybe Apocalypto. The Last Samurai, Red Cliff...
>>
>>63632193
that's precisely the sort of film he ruins. a crusader rampaging through the holy lands should not look like he's a member of a boy band. he stopped KoH from being a great film and dropped it to a good film at best.
>>
*wheeeeze*
>>
>>63632257
>historical accuracy
wut
>>
>>63632637
Not sure if you comprehend what was said.
It has terrible accuracy.
>>
>>63632673
The Iliad wasn't a history book m8
>>
I switch it off before the Trojans get dicked over Tbh.
>>
>>63632710
Nor was it about Alexander the Great.
Nice work following the thread.
>>
>>63632713
You missed the sacking of Troy then m8.
>>
File: d.png (479 KB, 436x438) Image search: [Google]
d.png
479 KB, 436x438
>>63631778
>Patroclus cousin of Achilles
>>
>>63632111
Age of Bronze is God tier
>>
>>63635217
They were totally fucking in secret.
>>
THERE ARE NO PACTS BETWEEN LIONS AND MEN
>>
File: 1424719693626.png (327 KB, 448x450) Image search: [Google]
1424719693626.png
327 KB, 448x450
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ62frK74u0

based
>>
>>63632058
This nigger knows exactly what's up
>>
Isn't 196 minutes too much for one sitting? Not sure I can make it.
>>
>>63632491
The director cut is great, but yeah, Bloom is a faggot.
>>
Director's cut has some positives and some negatives. Adding in shit like Big Ajax's lines where he announces himself on the battlefield was so fucking stupid. The music is edited like shit at times, but the rushed replacement score that was in the theatrical film is 90% garbage anyway so it's a wash- the drums are better for the Hector fight but plenty of other parts in the DC are better.

The editing of the battlescenes, particularly the storming of the beach and temple and the sack at the end are completely different and make massive changes. It's not just violence that's lacking in the theatrical version, but the fights are clean, fluid and polished. The way things are editing together in the DC makes them feel incredibly chaotic and disturbing vs "badass".. so more like a war.

At the end of the day the biggest issues with the movie still exist, namely the whole thing happening in a few days vs years, and all the characters knowing they're in a famous book/movie talking about how they'll be talked about in books and movies forever. Lack of Gods is talked about a lot, but not necessary if they had fixed these other two issues. Still despite all the problems its one of the better epics.
>>
>>63636543
So you too are a person who advocates to watch both cuts? I watched the director's recently and I was thinking it was enough.
>>
>>63636655
It's interesting to watch both cuts because they feel significantly different at times. If you are interested in the film making process I'd say it's worthwhile.

Between the two cuts and the leaked unused soundtrack there exists the potential for an excellent 177 minute cut with a great soundtrack, but it's yet to be cobbled together by some internet wizard the way that the LOTR and SW films have.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.