[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is the best new director of the last 10-15 years? My vote
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: xavier_dolan.jpg (214 KB, 1047x776) Image search: [Google]
xavier_dolan.jpg
214 KB, 1047x776
Who is the best new director of the last 10-15 years?
My vote goes to Dolan but there's also Steve McQueen, JC Chandor, Carruth
>>
>>63630596
no capeshit or Star Wars = no replies
welcome to /tv/
>>
File: You Will Never Be This Happy.png (240 KB, 478x367) Image search: [Google]
You Will Never Be This Happy.png
240 KB, 478x367
>>63630596
The sooner you kill yourself, the better
>>
McQueen, has managed mainstream success while making kind of flawless movies
>>
File: beyond-the-black-rainbow-2010.jpg (585 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
beyond-the-black-rainbow-2010.jpg
585 KB, 960x1440
>>63630596
I'm eagerly awaiting Panos Cosmatos' next movie. Beyond the Black Rainbow was really impressive, he could be the next Argento.
>>
>>63631131
I hope he can learn to tell a story and still have incredible visuals, because beyond the black rainbow was good but felt a bit like koyaanisqatsi to me
>>
>>63630596

Out of those I'd say Carruth just because he's new in lots of ways. McQueen could've made it back in the 50's or 70's or 30's (aside from being black) with not much difference, I don't think Carruth could've happened before right now.
>>
both McDonagh brothers
>>
>>63630596
Dolan for sure. He just gets better. His last three movies were great.

Plus, that Adele video ;)
>>
>>63631982
>she will never lose weight and become a true 10/10 qt
>>
eagerly waiting for kosinski to be "used" properly
>>
Probably McQueen.

Able to make the art he wants to make and still able to get mainstream success and critical acclaim.

I haven't seen anything of Dolan's. For some reason I don't like the idea of him or his identity or the idea of him. Something. I don't like him. Should probably watch something of his though.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.