[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright So this fucking guy shows up and stands idly in front
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: Darth_Maul_profile.png (785 KB, 653x816) Image search: [Google]
Darth_Maul_profile.png
785 KB, 653x816
Alright

So this fucking guy shows up and stands idly in front of two Jedi and roughly 30 armed militia fighters all with guns

The two jedi tells everyone to scram and they got this while they prepare for a long drawn out melee.

Why didn't all 30 soldiers just fire on this fuck at the SAME TIME the minute they realized he was hostile? He was't going going to block 30 lasers at once, he would have died, and everyone could have gone on their way.
>>
Because George Lucas can't write his way out of a paper bag. They could've at least showed him mowing down a squad of troopers beforehand, showing that it would be tempting fate to try and just brute force a battle against him.
>>
>>63629425
>He was't going going to block 30 lasers at once
He wouldn't need to. He'd do some parkour shit to evade and then start using the environment to wreak havoc by force chucking heavy shit at the soldiers heads. Also the soldiers had other busines to attend to.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (124 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
124 KB, 1920x1080
>>63629425

Cause lasers bounce back and now little Annie is on the floor, that's why kids you never look at the end of a weapon barrel
>>
Because it's a fantasy movie for children and it made for a pretty cool scene
>>
>>63629425
DARTH MAUL TWIRLS HIS STAFFSABER AROUND LIKE A AIRPLANE PROPELLER, THE 30 SOLDIERS FIRE AND THEI LASER GET BOUNCED BACK AT THEM, KILLING AT LEAST 15 NABOO SOLDIERS

GOOD JOB OP, 15 DUDES ARE DEAD BECAUSE OF YOUR PLAN!
>>
>>63629456
how would he evade a fucking laser? Its literally the speed of light, as in its literally faster than the electrical impulse in his synapses that tells his brain to tell his muscles to jump
>>
>>63629425
[SPOILER]

Xwing pilot is the villian.
>>
>>63629425
>why does a movie act like a movie

idk maybe because its a movie
>>
>laser

THEY ARE NOT LASERS, LASERS ARE A CONTINUOUS BEAM, STAR WARS GUNS FIRE PLASMA BOLTS
>>
>>63629535
what do plasma bolts do that a bullet that literally costs less than a penny to produce in bulk and can penetrate half an inch of steel cant do?
>>
>>63629456
>>63629485

I DON'T FUCKING BUY IT

Every other nameless Jedi gets fucked by lasers one way or the other by less guys when shit turns south in movie 3

Maybe a few soldiers would have taken a hit but that's a shitton better than them losing a tenured Jedi

Maybe if Qui-Gon lived Anakin wouldn't have been trained and we wouldn't of had the mess that happened.
>>
>>63629550
Plasma bolts seemed futuristic and fitting in sci-if fantasy settings you fucking over-analyzing autistic sperg
>>
>>63629550
require ammunition. think about how much room/manufacturing time and cost, transportation cost would cost for ammo for a billioin stormtroopers, compared to no ammo for blasters they just use rechargable batteries
>>
>>63629597
what do they charge it with? i cant see how that would be more effective or efficient than bullets that are insanely cheap to mass produce and last for centuries
>>
>>63629490
>it's a laser and it moves at the speed of light!
nigga did you even watch the movies. lasers so slow you can even see its projectile.
>>
>>63629453
That's not good writing either.
>>
>implying you wouldn't tell the soldiers to leave to have you moment of glory and finally get to use your lightsaber
>>
>>63629490
Holy shit I don't understand how people like you exist. You are making me so fucking mad. DO YOU FUCKING SEE THE BLASTERS TRAVEL AT SPEED LIGHT? FUCKING NO YOU RETARDED FAGGOT, THEY ACTUALLY MOVE QUITE SLOWLY YOU NIGGER. IT'S ALMOST AS IF THEY WEREN'T LASERS BUT COMPRESSED PLASMA BOLTS HOLY SHIT KILL YOURSELF RETARD.
>>
>>63629554
>maybe if the jedi didn't do *stupid shit* this mess wouldn't have happened.

That resumes the prequels. The jedi were dumb as space rocks.
>>
>>63629490
They are slow, and their weapons were down. If they would have aimed at him, either he evades them all while turning on his DOUBLE HELICOPTER lighsaber and kills every single one of them by reflecting them only leaving the Jedi alive, or just start reflecting shit the first second.
>>
because its a dumb kids movie
>>
They couldn't take the risk. Liberating Naboo was their priority.
>>
>>63629490
kill yourself, my man
>>
File: Padme+with+al+blaster[1].jpg (15 KB, 251x300) Image search: [Google]
Padme+with+al+blaster[1].jpg
15 KB, 251x300
>>63629425
Because Padme wouldn't get the chance to say her line, "We'll take the long way" so the audience can have a cheap giggle.
>>
>>63629425
He would deflect and dodge some blaster bolts, jump over Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon and massacre them all.
>>
>>63629425
They were afraid to shoot the devil
>>
>>63631806
Whats the giggle there?
>>
>>63629425
More people would have died your way, idiot.
>>
>>63629425
Because it sounded cool. If you were a Jedi, wouldn't you say cool one liners like all the time and pose like a bad ass while saying them?
>>
>>63629425
who fucking cares
all three are giant pieces of shit encrusted garbage that should never have been made and never seen again
/thread
>>
>>63629456
And that would've been fucking cool. Goddammit why wasn't this part of the fight? Hell, this plus a shorter version of the fight with Jinn and Kenobi would've made it a little less drawn out.
>>
>>63629554
Calm your autism. Just be satisfied in the fact that George Lucas is an ideas man, not a screenwriter, and got too big for his britches when he played the auteur game.
>>
>>63632455
>yfw you sell Star Wars to Disney
>yfw your prequels are so shitty they aren't considered Canon by Disney anymore
>yfw when you say to Disney, "Hey I got some ideas for Episodes 7,8,9" and Disney basically tells you to fuck off
>>
>>63629550
Think about blasters like railgun basically it throws a super heated bolt at something. Its designed to penetrate armors.The biggest difference is that what the plasma bolt lacks in density but it more than makes up for in energy.
>>
>>63629490
Actually real world lasers don't even travel at the speed of light. It's slightly slower. But this isn't a laser its plasma which moves much slower than the speed of light because its not light but matter in the form of energy and is constantly loosing energy.
>>
>>63629490
Okay faggot, even if it was lasers coming out of those blasters, did you even watch the long, drawn out, pod racing arc? Did you not notice the several times it mentions force pregnotion as being such a basic force ability thatl lil Anny was doing it by accident? So imagin if you trained to us it. He doesn't have to move faster than the laser if he's out of the way by the time it fires.
>>
>Mfw I love starwars so much, no amount of shit posting will change my opinion
Feelsgoodman
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.